Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• I agree with the lack of feeling on the uphill section, I'm not too bad a Watkins Glen (1:44.8 on the Circuit experience) but that hill is very hit and miss for me trying to extract the maximum from the car, I get no warning when the rear is about the break traction and its exactly the same on the tight left 3 corners before the end of the lap...

It would be nice just to get some sort of warning prior to the complete loss of traction.....

(I'm also a 51YO fart :D)

• Which settings do you use?

• I'm using the Podium DD1, following advice on trying to improve the quality of the FFB on GT7 since the last updates I have lowered the in game torque to 3 and have increased the FFB setting on the wheel from the recommended 42 (remember this is a 20nm wheel) to somewhere in the high 50's/low 60's - I'm at work so can't check the exact figure, but will tonight.

Nick

• I am on DD Pro so can't help 😁

• That actually sounds about right Nick. I'm also on the Podium, and that's where I've landed. I'm also playing around with the dampener settings trying to get rid of the high speed wobble in the GR1 cars. Getting close.

• Ah ok, I don't really drive the GR1 cars that much so haven't experienced those issues yet!

• Hi everyone. I’ve been spending most of my time on iRacing and ACC since becoming very disappointed with GT7 and the lack of feedback detail. It is such a shame, as it offers so much as a game, just like all the GT’s have.

But i returned to GT7 a few days ago, trying to give it another chance. And I really do think the problem is with PD’s programming. For example on Lago Maggiore, some curbs result in feedback through the wheel and some don’t. Yet they’ve still programmed the rumble sound over the curb (with no feedback)!

At the moment I’ve settled on 5 torque and 7 feedback sensitivity in game, and an FEI of 70 on the CSL elite wheelbase. It’s still not great. It’s like driving blind at times, you do not know what the car/tyres are doing.

So I will continue with other sim titles until PD get their act together.

Good luck with the racing!

• Please post your setting when you can, I have been experiencing that same thing with the Gr. 1 cars.

• @ Steve & Nick

As requested. These are for the most part, Maurice's recommended settings. Pretty sure the DPR Eff% is not used in GT7? Biggest changes I saw by raising Nat. DPR.

My Current Settings:

Sen 360

FF Str 85 (more just hurts my 60yr old hands)

FF Scale Peak

Nat DPR 50 (I'm still raising this bit by bit. Don't want to go so high that I begin losing the road feel, if that's possible?)

Nat Fri 25 (there may be something to help here as well, tho I've not tested yet)

Nat Inert Off

FFB Interp 3

FE Intens 70 (higher here may increase road feel)

For Eff% 100

Spr Eff% Off

DPR Eff% 50 (again, this may not even be used by GT7)

Other settings will be your brake preferences

In Game Torque 3, Sensit. 7

The wobble is still there, but significantly reduced IMO. At times I can hold the wheel still enough for it to stop, then a bump will start it up again. I feel like its tolerable. Still, in a 20+ min race, you're gonna feel it in your hands. If I can reduce it further, I'll post up those changes.

Hope that helps!

• @Chris Stein

Try putting your sens on Auto

driving gr1 cars at high speed with is just plain crazy 😳

what you’ll find with most cars that go over 170 mph without breaking a sweat is that they have variable steering. For example when going slow, lock to lock will be 360 as per your setting, one full rotation of the wheel. At 200 mph, the lock to lock will have been increased by the variable steering to 720, two full rotations of the wheel.

the fact you have set the the wheel to 360, you basically switched off the variable steering because you’ve locked it to 360, hence why it’s really twitchy top end.

I maybe wrong, but defo worth a try fella.

I’ve had my DD1 since they were released and went thru all this on GT Sport too.

good luck 👍👍

• Tried GR3 race today, normally I can smash out a 1.56 pretty easy on hard tyres.

Today I’m on medium tyres and the best I can manage is a 1.58, I’ll spend the rest of the week trying to get it down so I can race online but I doubt I’ll ever get the wheel to feel like it should.

I can go faster than that with a joypd, Sad state of affairs tbfh……

oh well, look like it’s off to ACC for a while, “The Real Driving Simulator”

• Grp 3 in Daily C doesn't seem too bad to me - I'm using the Beetle and am currently at 1:55.4 - although I'll admit the FFB doesn't feel great..

With ACC there was a recent update (1.8.15) and after it ws installed last night some of the buttons have stopped working on my wheel - I need to investigate further as I have an online race tonight!

• It was getting there with it, managed to get down to 1.56,7 but was struggling to better it.

just had three laps on 1.18 and it’s different, haven’t had time to redo settings again thou arrgghh, that said I still put in a 1.56 with the existing, will update once I’ve had time to do 20 laps 👍👍

• I'm finding I struggle at this track swapping between ACC and this as the track limits are so different - T3 you can take liberties at on GT7 on ACC you invalidate your lap immediately! 😑

Does 1.18 feel better or just different?

• I didn't even realise that they'd made a change to the FFB on 1.18...

• Nothing was listed....

Improvements and Adjustments

1. Car Settings

- Fixed an issue wherein after changing to a specific gear ratio, the adjustable range and set value of the gear ratio would change each time the settings were opened.

2. Music Replay

- Fixed an issue wherein the game would crash if the Honda Sports VGT was the camera target in Music Replay.

3. GT Auto

- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers could not be changed if body paint was applied to a car equipped with the following tuning parts in the [Livery Editor]:

・ Racing Brake Kit (Slotted Discs)

・ Racing Brake Kit (Drilled Discs)

・ Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit

- Fixed an issue wherein the colour of the brake calipers would change when body paint was applied to the following cars in the [Livery Editor]:

・ Alpine Vision Gran Turismo

・ Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo

・ Lambo V12 Vision Gran Turismo

・ Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo

・ Porsche 917 LIVING LEGEND

・ Dodge SRT Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo

4. Save Data

- Fixed an issue wherein the save data would not load correctly from the server if playing on a console with no 'Gran Turismo 7' save data stored on it, or if multiple consoles were used.

5. Steering Controllers

- Fixed an issue wherein the steering angle would not reflect the player’s inputs on some cars when using the Logitech G923.

6. Café

- Fixed an issue wherein it was possible to receive multiple Tickets repeatedly from Extra Menus.

7. Circuit Experience

- Fixed an issue wherein the label above a car would not display correctly in a Circuit Experience replay.

8. Race

- Fixed an issue wherein the race would start with the Replay Camera when starting an offline race after spectating in a Lobby.

9. Others

- Various other issues have been addressed.

• I don’t think they are telling us directly, but on the three laps I did earlier today, I could defo feel things that were missing.

people will say it’s a placebo and I’m just thinking it….

however, I didn’t notice the game had been updated till after I did the three laps and on the first lap I’m thinking wtf is going on, it didn’t feel like this last night, paused the game and all settings were as they were last night.

gonna have another little go now

• What does

1. Others

- Various other issues have been addressed

cover exactly and why aren’t these issues listed ?

Maybe it should say, tweaked the FFB for Fanatec wheels because the levels were too inconsistent for a sponsored wheel to be used in ESport Competition?

im not saying that’s the case, but they are highly unlikely to say that in public either are they ?

• Hmmm, interesting....

Last two weeks I didn't drive anything than Escudo TT and most of the time I was farming that cards glitch.

Today I was try to do few laps on Interlagos daily B and I can barely make a decent lap. I tought that's because of lack of driving, but now you make me thinking 🤔

I noticed that wheel is way too hard to turn on ingame torque 5 (and I use 6 for gr4 cars before this update)

I'll do more testing tommorow

• It is leaking on the internet that the world series that will be played this month in Austria will be played with TGT2. The official product works worse than the rest of the wheelbases, without listening to consumers neither by PD nor fanatec and without representation in the official series... applause for PD and Fanatec.

• some of the Spanish representatives, including the streamer Jmbrea

• At the end of the assembled station !! @maurice

I hope you find something because I, despite the various adjustments I am trying, footboard, up and down, forward back, etc. are always a second from when I was using the Logitech g923, With the old firmware, finally you could hear the details, now everything is more difficult, when you are losing grip, not have that feeling in the steering that makes you understand that you are losing it. 😭.

I'm tired of trying 1000 adjustments !!!

• Another thing that I do not understand, why we have these problems, and apparently, the T gt does not suffer? why?

• Any predictions when the next update? Mauríce

• It doesn't look like it's going to update anything in the FFB. It seems that for them everything is correct no matter what is said in the forums and/or twitter there is only radio silence. It doesn't seem like PD or fanatec care...