Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• I have to say after spending a couple hours attempting to get the FFB to feel reasonable, that GT7's implementation, at least on a DD PRO - is nothing short of awful. How did this get past QA? While the game LOOKS pretty, the actual tactile driving experience is a 2/10 compared to say ACC or PC2. I feel like I'm driving on rubber not asphalt - half the curbs don't give any feedback. Colliding with other cars rarely even gives a minor bump through the wheel. The whopping 2 FFB settings in-game don't fix anything they only make the steering feel heavier or lighter. No amount of fiddling with wheel settings has been able to overcome the clearly terrible code in the game. Am happy to be corrected if someone has found a magic setting somewhere, but I sure can't find it!

• I am sorry to tell you that there is no magic configuration, there is nothing to do.

The worst thing about it is that neither PD nor Fanatec are interested in solving it...

• this is a big problem, I saw that tomorrow morning they will do an update ...

• But I wonder, are these there or are they doing us? crazy, they fix the Logitech but nobody thinks of us?

• 1.19 and nothing. I'm done with Gran Turismo

• I still think that much of the blame for us being in this situation lies with fanatec. They should have talked about this by now and let us users know why or what actions they will take to fix it.

But every day I see more clearly that this has only been a commercial relationship, here you have the grand tourism logo so you can put it on the steering wheel, you pay me the fee and if I have seen you I do not remember.

Every day more disappointed to have bought the dd pro...

• It's not just the DD Pro, it's any Fanatec Direct Drive base. Take solace in the fact that your DD gear will be great in almost every other released racing game; don't let the GT7 debacle make you think you made a dud purchase. For me, while very disappointed, I will just put GT7 on the shelf until maybe possibly a future update actually fixes the FFB for us. Fingers crossed! Please Fanatec - any response at all to this would be very much appreciated so we at least know you hear us :)

• Here’s hoping ACC. Recognizes the correct wheel. If it does…… I’m done with GT7

• how sad !!!

• Are the recommended settings still valid for the Podium F1 base following the 443 firmware rewrite for DD1/DD2?

• I’ve not raced for a while, just seeing all these FFB issues on GT7 now, are these also present in the CSL Elite or is it just the Direct Drive bases that are having the issue??

Cheers all

• Tried out the recommended settings for the Podium DD and firmware 443 and they worked pretty well, though I only drove GT3 cars tonight.

If I want more torque, is it better to raise FF (currently 42) on the base or the controller setting in-game (Force Feedback Max. Torque: 5)?

• Chris SteinChris Stein Member
    edited August 2022

I'm no expert on this, so I'll just say that I prefer to keep in-game torque at about 4, then raise FF output on my DD1. I do this because of the odd description GT7 uses to define "in-game torque." It seems to imply that raising would slow down steering inputs. I have no idea if my approach is actually superior, but I'm enjoying it. Wish GT7 would go back to the 1.15? update that was such a drastic change. Really had to turn up the FFB on the DD1, but it sure felt like it was communicating so much more road texture.

• I'm the same, I run in game at 4 and then around 60 on the DD1 :)

• Nobody seems to be mentioning the reasoning for the dumbing down of the force feedback and clearly Fanatec aren't to blame for the situation here. Everybody just needs to sit tight and wait for an update from Polyphony

Source: https://traxion.gg/force-feedback-toned-down-in-gran-turismo-7-v1-15-to-prevent-injury/

• I think you are a bit lost on this topic. That news you put is when they lowered the force in 1.15, that was corrected in 1.16, we have the same force as at the beginning but we can't feel anything from the asphalt at all. With 1.15, although we had less strength, the signal did not clip and you could feel things on the steering wheel. Now we have power, but just a signal spring with nothing else. I hope the summary will help you understand the situation...

• Unfortunately, the game really doesn't have good force feedback. You don't notice tires, you don't notice the road, you don't notice the springs, you don't notice the suspension, you don't even notice the rear of the car at all. There are many car and track combinations where it just feels like rubber band getting stronger and stronger. If you play a few laps of ACC before, GT7 feels completely dead. It's really sad. 

• Thank you for explaining this to me :) I'm new to sim racing and I'll be getting my first Fanatec setup tomorrow for PC and GT7 on PS5 so I'm sure i'll find this out pretty quickly!

• I recently became a new Fanatec customer but unfortunately my Mclaren wheel wouldn't update so it needs to be RMA'd!

Could somebody please test to see if the FFB is improved in update 1.20?

• has gotten significantly worse !!! for the umpteenth time they cut us off!

• They are too busy to add some s&&it here and there and most of all to adjust the experience for the Dualsense pad….GT7 is meant to be enjoyed at its best with a joypad. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

And we are the fool ones, hoping to enjoy “The real driving simulator” (Ahaha c’mon) with a proper setup….no, even better, with the official GT7 wheelbase.

But I’m guessing they don’t give a real s**t out of all this so don’t hold your breath….and play other games!.

Ciao!

• Really bad. I can't think of much more to say about it. The tracks have no details at all. It's like driving on a smooth plastic surface. Many of the curbs are only visually present. Nothing happens at the steering wheel. For an official bundle, a game that calls itself "real driving simulator", a consistently weak performance. 

Fanatec would be better advised to take this "marketing" off the market. 

As the previous speaker said: Play other games, these work far better. 

• Hi guys.

Hope you are all well. I’ve returned to GT7 for the 1.20 update.

I genuinely think there’s been a slight improvement in the FFB (I’m on a CSL Elite wheel base).

ok, it’s not at the level of detail of ACC or iRacing, but I think there’s a little more detail there now. Some vibration on turn-in, more vibration over some (not all) curbs, vibration on understeer. What are your thoughts?

Im running 6 & 6 in game, 690 SEN, FF100, FEI80

All the best!

• Making the suspension as stiff as possible front and rear with road cars also helps to feel more details from the road.

• I agree, with 1.20 you have slightly, some more details ... but we are always far from sufficient feedback!

• Good morning! GT7 is now 1.21 update... and i purchase Official Product, the DD Pro...

Last update of the first message? 17 march... and this settings, don't work good, no.

Don't work.

Are you ok, Fanatec?

• Hello, a question for someone who can explain it to me? I have a base gt dd pro with a clubsport rs steering wheel, when taking corners at high speed that are closing, the steering wheel makes a strange sensation of being jerky, which makes the plastic casings where all the electronics of the steering wheel are inserted creak, luck that quick release is metallic, I don't want to imagine with the plastic quick release I would have the feeling that it could break at any time. the question is if the direction of the steering wheel jerky is normal, as if it were hitting when taking sharp curves at high speed? I use the configuration recommended by fanatec, thanks to whoever can help me.

• Hi Maurice, could you share what settings are you using with this latest driver 447 and 1.20 GT update?