Fanatec Driver 440 (BMW M4 GT3 Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
- Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Tuning Menu settings
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Changelog since driver 434
Firmware versions included
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 692 (NEW)
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 42
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 184.108.40.206 (NEW)
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 220.127.116.11
- CSW V1 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: 690 (NEW)
- CSL / CSW Motor: 22
- Podium SW BMW M4 GT3: 7 (NEW)
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 20
- CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 44
- CS SW RS: 2
- CS SW BMW V2: 2
- CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 1
- GT DD PRO SW: 7
- CSL SW McLaren GT3 V2: 44 (NEW)
- CSL SW McLaren GT3: 33
- CSL SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH: 3
- CS P V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
- CSL P LCK: 1.60
- Fixed driver causing excessive CPU usage in ACC for some users (thanks a lot for your feedback, especially the one from Ioan, this was super helpful)
- Fixed BRF settings not getting saved reliably for USB pedals
- Fixed lowest Clutch Bite Point value being shown as "OFF" instead of "0"
- Fixed Clutch Bite Point not visible in Standard Mode of the Tuning Menu
- Fixed mouse emulation settings sometimes having no defaults
- Added steering wheel firmware update wizard for BMW M4 GT3
- New driver/firmware instructions PDF document included in zip-package of the driver
BMW M4 GT3
- Fixed green MPS input getting delayed when turning quickly
- Fixed sometimes missing button inputs on belt driven bases
- Improved color balance of LED backlights
- Improved switching between normal backlight and revLED mode
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware. We did make significant progress in March and are on a good way, we still need to finish parts of the re-write, do a lot of testing and some fine tuning. We also need to restructure the firmware update process a bit for a smooth transition from old to new base and motor firmware before we will be able to share them, as they communicate differently with each other.
- Natural Friction (NFR) can create a weird FFB sensation and not smooth feeling after some time, we suggest to set it to OFF in case you get this issue. You can raise the Natural Damper (NDP) slightly to compensate for less NFR. For P DD this will be addressed with the re-write mentioned above, after that the improvements will be rolled out to the CSL DD as well.
- When entering a game menu while driving in some games it can happen that the FFB effect doesn't get cancelled which results in the wheel turning to one side. For P DD this will be addressed with the re-write mentioned above, after that the improvements will be rolled out to the CSL DD as well.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
It's mandatory to use FanaLab 1.61.3 or newer with this driver to prevent tuning menu settings being saved/loaded with slightly different settings.
There is also now a version for the BMW M4 GT3, the rest is the same as above