Fanatec Driver 443 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi. What is the current best way to downgrade the firmware of a Fanatec wheel as of 443? I have a Formula V2.5 I want to try downgrading to see if that fixes an issue I'm having.

• Downgrading a steering wheel is only possible by downgrading the whole driver and then do a manual firmware update for the wheel only.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Do you mean the pedals are not shown when connected to the CSL Elite or is the CSL Elite not shown after the update anymore?

Everything plugged in?

CSL Base in PC mode with red LED?

Have you tried the repair button?

Do you use a USB extension cable or a different cable than the original one?

Does the cable sit well inside the base and is not loose?

Can you try if it works better in another USB Port on front/back of the PS5

Did you also update the GT DD base firmware after installing the new driver?

It's a matter of taste and whatever you feel better with.

I think most just install the new driver "over" the previous one, but others like to uninstall the old one, re-boot and then install the new one. Both should work fine, the installation is working both ways.

First time I hear that, could be a hardware related issue influenced by if a wheel is connected or not.

I see that your base is in low torque mode. Is the torque key inserted? Does the P DD display says low torque or high torque in the middle?

Lowering FEI can filter out unwanted noise from the game FFB. So in case you feel vibration or noise you don't want to feel you can lower FEI. But if you have a DD I would suggest to first try the INT setting as its generally a better and less harsh filter.

If the flickering was only once and then fixed itself it could be that the first initial calibration of the paddle axis was not right and then fixed itself automatically when moving the paddle because then it re-does the calibration if needed.

Or is the issue permanent?

• Pedals are fine i updated to 1.3..

Csl elite cant recognized from computer and say "No device fanatec found " so i cant update it.i tried what you wrote on installation guide without result. I did repair also... same happen with previous version ... I wondering if its problem of my pc because i have windows 7 ?

• After pushing the paddles to 100% the flickering stopped and did not happen again.

• Weird problem since the last update.

No idea if it is related to the new firmware but it didn't exist before.

My DD2 shuts down randomly. It goes into a stopped state and I have to restart it.

It's quite annoying and I don't know if I'm going to finish the race or end up in the wall.

Could this be related to the update?

I have never had a firmware update problem since I have owned this base. Everything has always gone well and this time again, in terms of procedure, everything was ok.

• Hallo,

ich habe mir heute die neue Beta Treiber 443 installiert und auch die firmware updates gemacht. Leider geht seid dem auf dem McLaren GT3 v2 (mit QR1) kein High Torque mehr. 

Ist das normal oder woran liegt das Problem?

• I have been reading the forums for the last 2 drivers for a couple months. I have a DD1. First, I wanted to let Maurice know that I appreciate him, his excellent tunes and all his hard work, especially helping people on these forums. Secondly, I have had zero issues with any of my Fanatec equipment (knock on wood) for 2 years. Some of the things I read here anger me. Stop the hate. Stop being rude. Stop treating Maurice like a telemarketer. Complaining does not help. Research, data and testing are hallmarks for solutions. No company can ever be perfect. The one’s that try to do better, like Fanatec, deserve my business. Keep up the good work and improving our products even after the purchase. Keep it real.

A

• I meant Marcel. Stupid American.

Win7 should not be the issue, even though we don't test it anymore it works fine so far as far as I know.

What happens if you start the CSL Elite base by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds?

What do you mean it goes into a stopped state, can you describe the situation a bit more precisely? Is it still on but something is not working or is it completely turning off (display and power button off)? If it's still on but something is not working, is it frozen like not responding anymore or is part of it still functioning?

Which game and platform?

You could try the downgrade feature and double check if its still happening with the older firmware.

edited July 2022

Please use English

Is it a DD1 or DD2? Torque key inserted?

Does the driver UI show the icon of the Metal QR in the bottom right of the steering wheel page?

Please remove the QR and use a pen or similar to push the switch in the hole behind the QR a couple of times and then mount the QR again to see if the issue goes away. Could be that the switch hangs in the position which detects the plastic QR.

I tried a McLaren V2 on a P DD and for me high torque was available with the latest driver and firmware.

• Hey all, I've been up and down the driver/firmware list, and I was hoping that the FFB updates I'd read about in the 442 driver thread may have meant this was already fixed/no longer an issue. However, I'm seeing weak force feedback in all games on the Series X when I use any firmware combination higher than motor 40 and base 686. I'm reporting it here for these drivers as they're the same as previous ones.

If I downgrade the base and motor firmware to the ones in the 415 drivers, FFB strength comes back to how I expect it to be. This is seemingly both the earliest and latest drivers I can use to maintain operatibility with the WRC rim and the level of FFB I've come to expect from the DD1 on Xbox Series X.

In games I have on both platforms, when running on PC the level of force feedback is fine, switching to the Xbox - where all settings are the exact same for FFB - then feedback becomes limp. Almost completely lifeless. This was tested across the following titles:

- Forza Horizon 5

- Forza Motorsport 7

- Assetto Corsa Competizione

Wheel setup in use:

- Podium DD1

- WRC wheel (same with the McLaren GT3 rim also) - with QR lites

- Shows issue: Any driver/firmware **after** driver 415

- Works in: Driver 415 and the firmware available from that driver (and earlier)

- Reproduceable every time by upgrading/downgrading firmware

- Settings menus checked and FFB settings are the same both before and after firmware changes

I'd love to be able to move up through the firmware for the benefits of nearly 3 years additional updates that being on 40/686 means I'm missing out on, the FFB in Horizon 5 felt great with the firmware available with this driver on PC. Just a shame that moving to the Xbox has this effect.

Here's hoping a resolve can be found! Thanks in advance.

Steve.

• Hello Marcel.

Thank you for your answer.

It shuts down completely, with the display and power button off.

It is not frozen, but really turned off;

I only play on iracing and rfactor 2, this has not happened on other platforms.

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and try to solve our problems.

You really do provide a great service.

• Oh sorry okay in english.

Torque Key is inserted. It is a P DD1. I found the issue. It was the Spring. Was wrapped around the microswitch.

• Hi @Marcel,

Will you include dd's ffb optimizations into csldd/ddpro in the next release?

Thanks!

To apply the same optimizations for CSL DD and fix the same issues which are still open is planned and high on the priority list. I just don't know if it will be in the next driver as the UI might get improvements quicker than the CSL DD tasks are finished.

I know there was an issue with the Xbox version of ACC which caused FFB to be to weak. They've applied a fix for it but sadly only for the Series X/S version of the game as they are not updating the last gen version anymore.

The history of the issue is the following:

1. years ago there was an issue with Xbox which caused FFB to be too weak.
    2. To counter it we've implemented that the FFB on Xbox gets boosted significantly.
    3. Later the Xbox issue was solved and newer games had higher FFB again which caused FFB to be way too strong in those games because of our workaround.
    4. We've reversed the previous workaround because still boosting the now higher FFB of newer games would result in dangerously high FFB which is constantly clipping
    5. Now we can't just add back the same workaround (you have with your old driver) because it causes other issues and should not be there. There are games where the FFB is normal and strong enough and there it would get too high out of a sudden if we apply a boost again. We can only advice game developers to fix the issue which a lot won't on games they offer no updates for anymore. All we can do then is to make sure they fix it for the next game.

With the Podium DD there should be enough strength headroom to compensate, which FFB settings are you using and might raising them for box be an option? But I see you are using the P DD with plastic QR and therefore it has not much torque headroom available.

I think the Forza games give options to raise the in-game strength to something up to 200% on the overall strength and individual effects, does it help to raise them for compensation?

• Hello Marcel,

do you know if the vibrations issue (CSL DD/DD pro) will be addressed in future updates as well?

• Check out this thread: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/comment/87167#Comment_87167

I'm starting to believe that all CSL DD/DD pros have this "issue". Had to RMA my base and got the main pcba replaced and it got much better but not completely gone. I believe that all bases have this more or less and maybe it can be solved with a firmware update

• edited July 2022

Ah that. No that wont be fixed with Firmware. If your base is affected you need to get the base repaired / replaced as it's a hardware issue.

This discussion has been closed.