Fanatec Driver 443 (Beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Anyone else noticing issues with their ITM regarding specially which gear you are in?

This occurred after unistalling previous beta 442 and now 443 along with the new Fanalab version

• Does it work now with Forza Horizon 5 now without crashing after minutes?

• Hey is it possible to get some stats on how many people have downloaded the new beta or how many have installed it? I would feel a lot better updating drivers and firmware because I live in a country where shipping back my P DD would be gruesome if it ever does happen (touch wood). Right now I have read some 40+ pages of this forum and I’m pretty confident that I’ve done the research to avoid any chances of wrongly updating the beta software. Also since you guys have improved the instructions on the software to prevent any wrong downgrading order I feel pretty safe. I also have a whole home battery backup connected to a single dedicated battery for the PC + Wheelbase that’s then connected to a stabiliser that’s finally connected to the PC and Wheelbase so I feel like I’ve got all my bases covered. Number of downloaded / number of complaints would allow me to calculate probability of risk and make me feel much better going forward with the beta update process.

• Thank you.

I have unplugged and replugged all the wiring.

My steering wheel is the M4 GT3 wheel.

Since then everything was fine, but the problem was random, so it was hard to say if it was related.

Last night when I turned on the base, the steering wheel did not turn on (the base was well on)).

I turned the base off and on again. The steering wheel started up fine.

• Hi folks,

I use the Podium Wheel Base DD2 successful since a few weeks with driver vers. 443.

But today after fixes in F1 22 the game stops and told me, that my wheel is lost.

I tried all written ways, chance USB, repair and new drivers, but nothing helps. Always the same message, and now

also on the Fanatec Control Panel: there is "Comp Mode CSW V2.5" instead of Wheel Base DD2, which was before the trouble.

Do you have any ideas and suggestions?

I'm happy to read from you

Stefan

• thanks for the tip, the display of the base says PC COMP, the key combination of my steering wheel does nothing.

So I think that I am already in PC mode.

Do you have any other ideas?

Greetings

Stefan

• When the Display of the P DD says PC COMP then you are, obviously, in the PC COMPATIBILITY mode and not in the regular PC mode as then it would just show PC.

Which Wheel do you use and which buttons do you press? Maybe you pressed the wrong button combination?!

• I have the 911 GT3 Cup wheel with Podium Button Midule Endurance (P_BME) and I try to press the buttons 5 and 7 simultaneously and hold for more the a second, but nothing happens

• I tried reinstalling everything but still notice the gear change on the ITM does not match in game (iracing)

Would this be a Fanalabs issue or ?

Everything else still feels and operates fantastic

• What do you mean with "does not match"?

Is the gear always wrong or only sometimes? Sometimes would be "normal" and is a known issue. Always would be weird and definitely not normal but in that case would be more a FanaLab issue (which I can Already tell you I cant reproduce).

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Are you maybe using an older version of FanaLab? Could by caused by that.

• Hi Maurice,

everything is finde now, my quick guide was faulty, I send you my scan. With buttons 5+6 it was easy :)

Thanks for your patience

Stefan

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

I only know that this discussion has 24.4k views and while quite some had update issues with the previous driver those issues seem to not happen anymore with 442. There are a few reporting they can't update a wheel, but its less then before and I think non of them was bricked this time.

• yes the quick start guide that was included with the release was wrong.

• edited July 2022

Commenting to report a successful update process of my Podium F1, DD1 and CSW v2.5 from driver version 439 to 443.

After much hesitation following the 442 fiasco I went ahead after doing the required reading. my process was to uninstall the old driver, restart, install the new driver, restart, all while the wheel, base and pedals were on and connected the whole time, then update by opening the firmware manager and clicking the green update button and then following the onscreen instructions correctly.

Everything went smoothly and after playing F122 for about 15 laps I left the rig satisfied. There is a noticeable improvement in noise and graininess. Previously, in 439 when I would move the wheel to the the user set extremities of 360 degrees I would feel a slight notch and then feel the turning limit. Now I feel a very smooth touch to the limit. Taking turns feels more deliberate and slightly faster. Rumbles feel about the same.

A big thank you to the admins who are very helpful and make the whole fanatec beta update process less stressful as we feel like there is someone out there easily accessible to help. I was confident knowing that if something did go wrong I was not alone.

• Thank you, it is not always wrong, only sometimes wrong. I did not realize it was a known issue. I only mentioned it here because this did not occur with 442 and pervious Fanalab version

• Maurice, I have the exact same issue as someone who commented on the 442 beta driver. The CSP V3 brake pedal with the RJ12 to a DD1 PS4 base has a noticeable and annoying input delay. When connecting the pedals directly to the PC through USB the delay is less, such that I would say it fits your description of not being able to notice it in game. The delay using the RJ12 cable is for sure noticeable.

• Hello!

The Podium Racing Wheel F1 base worked great with the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel on PS 5 on driver 443. After the last GT7 1.9 update, the wheel again began to lose contact with the base. One gets the impression that polyphony digital does this on purpose...

• my brand new DD1 bricked while updating to this fw, nothing will work, even flashing old fw...

FYI I already read all blog posts, tried multiple solutions, none of them worked)

here's what happened:

I purchased my fanatec racing products on december, I live in brazil, saddly had no time to mount it until now, I assembled a very sturdy aluminum profile sim cockpit for it this weekend, and assembled all my fanatec parts. right out of the gate, nothing would recognize on Fanalab, I found out with fanatec driver 439 it was cause fw was different through the componets, updated all and started playing, all fine until that, was a very happy costumer, impressed by the system, the realism, was in love, until I decided to update to fanatec driver 443 after seeing some videos of how it was the best fw you guys released,making the podium bases much smoother and fixing the random spike on ffb it would randomly trow on dd1. after I updated it, it asked me to update fw on my DD1, I simply clicked the green button, no manual update, anything, just the green update button... it started updatring the motor, them base, after flashed the fw on base, it started to update wireless quick release (WQR) and it threw an error "Wireless Quick Release Update Mode Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.). Power OFF the wheel base and retry update. If the problem persists, please contact FANATEC support."

I tried multiple times to reflash it, turning the wheel off, and holding the pwr button for 10s to flash it, ALL THE TIMES IT THREW THE SAME ERROR AT THE SAME TIME.

after hours of trying it, the dd1 simply turns off the display after pressing power, so cant control with the steering wheel and the fanalab and fanatec driver wont recognize it unless I turn it off and hold the pwr for 10s, the it instantly prompts me to continue flashing the BASE fw, after that being succesfull (everytime) it tries to upodate WQR and fails to do so... changed laptops, PCs, power outlets, all got me the same result, so i tried to flash different versions of the Fanatec driver, all of them removing the previous software, rebooting, installing the new or old driver, rebooting, recconecting wheel to pc, and re flash it, I tried with those versions of fanatec driver: 439, 415, 381. all of them the same error message... it always succeeds to flash the base fw and then fails in WQR...

I saw a video about CSL DD shaft screw getting loose and getting the shaft getting away from the base and trowing WQR errors, so I even unscrew mine and aligned them correctly (as you can see on video attached) but got he same error everytime

oh and I did that multiple times without the wheel and pedals plugged, with them plugged, the wheel wont even turn on with only the power plugged in no usb no anything, all got the same freaking result. I tried to fix it for many hours, I live in brazil, so sending it back to you will be a very complicated solution, I hope you can help me factory reset it so I can get it fixed... If you need me to open the wheel and unplug the WQR cables and re-seat them I could do so... anyhow, I mean this cause as I live in Brazil that would mean sending the wheel back to you guys would be very complicated.... I have seen MAny, MANY blog posts about multiple consumers having this problem so you must know already what is the problem and how to fix it and could easily guide me on how to solve it....

• A WQR issue like this unfortunately means the WQR Module is broken. So best would be to contact the support...

• The support just doesn't respond.

• So 443 driver can still brick wheelbases? That is surprising and somewhat dissapointing to see. I guess I will be sticking with 442 until I decide to sell my wheelbase or something at this point.

• Every Firmware Update can break a base which has a sleeping hardware issue like in this case. But in the end it's a hardware issue which just only gets triggered after a Firmware update and otherwise just "sleeeps". And it's not possible to fix this sleeping hardware issue with any new driver.

• I've read the whole topic but didn't see this mentioned so I might as well ask.

• CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 1.1.7.6 (NEW)

Does this make a difference worth upgrading from 439?

Thanks

• edited July 2022

It fixes a Playstation disconnect issue, so yes if you use a GT DD Pro.

And it also fixes a rare input jump issue for both CSL DD and GT DD Pro, so another yes.

• Thanks for the reply. I am on PC so I'll just leave it. The only other update for my equipment that I am seeing is CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 45 so I'll just wait for a public release and check again.

• but how a WQR is briken since it never got damaged and just a few hours of first use? is there something I can do? like tear it down and reseat cables or that wont help? Do you think their support works internationally? cause I will be travelling to Los Angeles tomorrow and can bring the DD1 with me if they have assistence in the US, I could take it there...

This discussion has been closed.