Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• It's still being worked on for a fix in one of the next releases, yes.

• Max PhyoMax Phyo Member
    edited March 2023

I know this is the thread for 448, but the 447 thread is closed. Ever since I got 447, I get this strange "run-on" wheel vibration, i.e., when I run over rumble strips, the wheel vibrates, but it continues to vibrate for a long time after while driving on the smooth tarmac. The sometimes fix is to run over some more curbing, and it resets it. It is really odd and distracting. (1) am I the only one experiencing this, and (2) does 448 fix it?

• Hello i have such a problem with my DD1 i don't know if that is a Driver or Hardware issue, i play most of time rFactor 2 and i have more and more random Jolt's and hard oscillation, its like the old Bug when you was not on the Fanatec Display Logo just heavier, Its happen's more and more often, so i dont know if that problem caused by latest new Driver. yesterday once again in the race. I had to take away my hand from the Wheel otherwise i would hurt my arms which also was happen's in the past, and race was over. I Created a Log File and hang it on here. I am on new driver/firmware... Reinstalled Driver , Erarse Motor Calc, Motor Calc. Also i installed Windows new checked all Connection, tried different Tuning Settings DPR pff on Etc ( settings in screenshot) ... anyone can might help me? I have also send a Ticket to Fanatec SUpport, but wanted to explain my issue here too.

• But i have it quit often atm, so not ure if that is just a software issue , i had it now 2 times in 2 races in 2 weeks its dangerous and not acceptable

• edited March 2023

You should contact the support, sounds more like a hardware issue.

• Hello!!. Let's see if someone can help me and it would be a great help. It turns out that my v3 pedals are not recognized by my dock but by USB. Anyone else has happened? I have updated drivers and fanalab. Downgraded the firmware and installed again v450 and fanalab 1.69.5 and still the same. Flashed the base and nothing. You detect them as CSL ELITE. I would appreciate your help. Thank you!!!

• I uninstalled and reinstalled the PC driver 447, and so far seems to have gone away. We will see.

• there are now choosable pics at the bottom of the pedals tab in fanatec control panel

• Hello. Yes I know. But that's not the problem. The problem is that they don't work. And I think I've seen the problem. The rj12 connection of the switchboard has burned. So I'll have to change it. Fanatec sells loose control units I imagine?

• edited March 2023

Here i uploadet two small game replays, where you see what i mean. in the first video the DD1 gets at same time in the PC COmp Mode so i couldt not even drive anymore, the second was " just " a big jolt

https://streamable.com/q1ffxf

• edited March 2023

This bug isn't related to the 450 driver. It also happens with 447 and likely some others. Tried to send email but there's something odd with the cookies or something, so the email doesn't get sent when I send it through the website.

Issue is that the PC crashes with BSoD with message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when I've my Fanatec hardware plugged in and I launch a game that has BattlEye anti-cheat enabled. I crashes right when the game is launched, it still allows launcher usage, so this is something related to BattlEye. It doesn't crash if I unplug my Fanatec hardware or I disable the BattlEye anti-cheat from the game, but of course then I can't go play in public multiplayer. Also remembering to unplug Fanatec hardware everytime I want to play the game(s) isn't nice and can't always remember to do that.

The games that at least have this issue are Arma 3 and Arma Reforger. Somehow DayZ doesn't have this problem even though it also uses BattlEye.

PC hardware:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 4,6GHz
    • G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8,0GB @ CL9 2133MHz
    • Zotac RTX 3080 12GB (GA102 (LHR))
    • System type   64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows:

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version: 21H2
    • OS build: 19044.2728
    • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Fanatec Hardware:

• Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base
    • ClubSport Universal Hub Xbox V2

If I've my ClubSport V3 Pedals only plugged in it doesn't happen. I always use them as a separate USB. So it's only Wheel Base or Universal Hub issue.

I tried to message BattlEye this issue because it's something with their anti-cheat software and your drivers/firmware/hardware conflict and maybe something to do with some specific games they support, but obviously didn't get any response and it hasn't been fixed in after reporting it months ago. I'll soon send Bohemia Interactive also same kind of bug report.

The computer never shuts down (even after waiting for 6 hours) completely and I need to press and hold the power button. So it might not generate some crash reports either...

If you need me to fallback to some specific driver and firmware, I can try to do that.

• Also it happens in DayZ, so ignore the part where I said it doesn't happen there. I had accidentally the wheel on Xbox mode and no in PC mode when I launched it. So it's likely with every BattlEye game there is.

• This is an issue which gets reported for years by a VERY few people and does definitely not affect everyone and every BattleEye game.

In fact, this was investigated internally but could not get reproduced even once so the root cause of this issue is totally unknown and must be something very specific on some very specific PCs...

• OK interesting. I didn't have this issue when I had CSR wheel and Windows 7 back in the day, but out of a sudden it happened with Windows 10 and the CSL DD and it happens everytime the game launches.

I can see why it gets rported by very few people, when the driving games and games that have BattlEye aren't so similar games. Many enthustiastic drivers might have separate rig and PC for the driving games and other games.

Here are diag files.

• edited March 2023

I downgraded now to 412 driver version. No crashes anymore and wheel inputs are detected. I'll try to go up the drivers to see where it starts to happen.

// OK I've gone up to 450 one by one update and no crashes anymore. Time to start plug in the pedals and shifters back.🤔

• edited March 2023

The issue goes back at least 4 years ago where the current driver version was 3xx so it's nothing created by any new driver above 412 for sure, just coincidence which doesn't makes it any more clear what the issue could be actually...

Unfortunately because it can not be reproduced on several PCs internally it's currently impossible to investigate.

See this old thread for reference: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/838/fanatec-products-cause-bsod-with-battleye

• edited March 2023

OK now that i plugged in the ClubSport V3 pedals through USB, the crash happened again. But when I plugged off the pedals, no crash. Before it was about if I had wheel plugged in or off, but now it's the ClubSport V3 Pedals. Now I can launch the game if I've wheel on.

So this seems to be related to ClubSport V3 maybe? I'm now at the same point as that post.

Now I can at least plug the pedals in the wheel base if I want to play the BattlEye games.

• Looks like also if I've only pedals plugged in, it doesn't crash. So it only crashes if there are both pedals and wheel plugged in by separate USBs in the computer now.

• Adam KobackAdam Koback Member
    edited April 2023

Searched through here but didn't see what I was looking for. I know between 447 and the 450 driver I just updated to it said something about fixing missed clicks on the funky switch. This is on a BMW V1 and DD1 wheelbase.

I was using my funky switch to increase and decrease values in the F boxes in iRacing, like brake bias and TC. Now after updating to 450 when I go one click either way it's making a 5 or 6 click change all at once. Is this normal behavior or something I can change back to one click like it was before?

Thanks!

• Hello with the latest fw updates the csw 2.5 base can no longer go beyond the value of 100 in the ffb. This is a problem on consoles (xbox series x) because the game strength is very low and I increase the in-game value (over 90) with certain cars (BMW for example) clipping easily.

Can you put recommended settings in both the game and the base? (csw 2.5 and csl 1.1).

Thank you

• edited April 2023

This is not since the latest update but since 2 years or so, seems you were on an ancient old firmware before...😅

The low FFB on Xbox needs to be patched by game developers.

• Hi. I was pleased when they updated ACC on Xbox around march 2022, and updated my driver package for my CSL Elite (PS4 version) as well. Then almost all FFB was gone! I thought the ACC update was broken and updated and tested every package and game update for a year. During easter I got around and tested several driver packages from around march and found out that the last version that works with ACC and the low FFB, is 440! 442 and 443 beta updates to 691 and, just as Alberto describes, the FFB can not be adjusted above 100. The 440 pack with 690 firmware lets us adjusted FFB up to 200, but 150 is enough and this is also in the recommended settings for ACC on these pages.

Is there a small solution to this?

CSL Elite PS4 version

Xbox hub

Game: ACC on Xbox Series X

Working driver: Fanatec Driver 440 (BMW M4 GT3 Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels) (440-690-22)

Not working: 443 beta up to 450 (with 691 and 692)

I have tested every pack from 439 to 450 and can reproduce the FFB not going beyond 100.

• As I said, it's up to the ACC game developers to fix the FFB in their game.

• And of course you are 100% correct, but the guys at 505 Games don't know (or don't care) that the Fanatec CSL Elite is the only one that doesn't have a decent FFB on this game. The only one who can save us, are you guys, but going from 690 to 691 a line has been altered to something like "FFB=Max 200" to "FFB=Max 100". I can understand that with the possibility of going to 200 you are going to kill more DD-users than please non-DD-users.

I'm just telling the other guys in my situation, with a CSL Elite non-DD, we must use the 440-package if we want FFB in ACC. .

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): GT DD PRO
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R
    • Driver Version: 450
    • Base FW Version: latest (update from 450)
    • Motor FW Version: (update from 450)
    • Wheel FW Version: (update from 450)
    • FanaLab Version: 1.69.7
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: Drive C
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

When I used PC mode (red), I couldn't get the LED and Display to show up. In Fanalab, I've already clicked on Enable Telemetry, Enable Fanalab's game LED/Hardware support.

While I used PC Compatible - some play it shows what gear I am in the Display, and the RevLed shows RPM; some play, it shows Speed in the Display, and the FlagLED work.

Not sure what I did wrong, or it any bug?

• I submitted a support ticket after installing driver 450. When do I hear back from the support team? I still haven't received an email acknowledging the support ticket.

• When I try to upgrade the firmware version of my CSL DD (wheel base motor firmware) I can hear the USB device disconnecting and reconnecting instantly (windows sounds) and the firmware upgrade tool remains stuck on Please wait... The color of the power button on the base is switching between blue and yellow and the only way to get rid of it is to restart the base.

The same happens when I try to update the firmware of my mclaren gt3 v2 wheel, but I was able to update the wheel base firmware manually.

• I had the same issue, I use only RF2. Switched to 450 it seems that issue is solved.

With 450 I have another strange issue, after some time of driving, around 1/2h when i press drive the base starts to vibrate as if the car is turned on at low rpm and stays there in loop forever. The vibration is quite strong and you can feel it on the aluminium structure. Tried to disable torque from power button but notting changed, the only way is to power off and on, but in RF2 you loose the ffb in this way.

• Interestingly, I didnt have this issue anymore on 442 driver for a long time now on DD1. This week due to something I needed to test, I upgraded to 450 and jolt came back :( hopefully next release comes soon as its quite distracting. And Im scared of downgrading.

This discussion has been closed.