Fanatec Driver 452 (Release Candidate) for CSL, CSW and Podium DD WB (all wheels)
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
- Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Tuning Menu settings
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Changelog of driver 452 (since 451)
Firmware versions included
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 22.214.171.124 (NEW)
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 126.96.36.199
- Podium DD1 / DD2 WQR: 7 (NEW)
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 188.8.131.52 (NEW)
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 184.108.40.206
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO WQR: 220.127.116.11 (NEW)
- CSW V1 Base: 693 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 693 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 693 (NEW)
- CSL Elite Base: 693 (NEW)
- CSL Elite Base PS4: 693 (NEW)
- CSL / CSW Motor: 22
- Podium BMW M4 GT3: 9 (NEW)
- Podium Hub: 6
- Podium BME: Update temporarily disabled
- Podium BMR: 18.104.22.168 (NEW)
- CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 47 (NEW)
- CS SW RS: 4
- CS SW BMW V2: 3
- CS SW F1 Esports V2: 5
- CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 2
- GT DD PRO SW: 8
- CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3: 37 (NEW)
- CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3 V2: 47 (NEW)
- CSL Elite SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH, CSL UH V2: 8
- CS P V3: 1.35
- CSL Elite Pedals V2: 1.6
- CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.13
- CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.8
- CS USB Adapter - Handbrake: 1.10
- CS USB Adapter - Shifter: 1.12
- CS USB Adapter - CSL Pedals: 1.1
- CS USB Adapter - CSL Elite Pedals: 0.1
- Fixed driver shows error message of not supported hardware for no reason.
- Fixed Max Torque output not properly hidden on all Wheel Bases when no Steering Wheel is attached.
- Fixed uninstallation blocked by COM Surrogate pop-up.
- Potential fix for device not detected because deactivated in device manager.
- Potential fix for issue where the Wheel Base is not detected or not shown in the USB Gamecontroller overview.
- Potential fix to prevent endless loop of the driver wanting to install USB driver showing UAC pop-up.
- Added compatibility for the new CSL Universal Hub V2 via alternative image selection.
- Added compatibility for the new Podium Button Module Rally with DD Bases.
- Updated the DD Wheel Base images and QR detection icon with the new QR2.
- Other minor improvements.
- Potential fix for issue where sometimes Podium DD is updated in wrong sequence.
- Potential fix to prevent issue where no wheel is detected on center calibration screen after a Wheel Base Firmware update.
- Removed "Next" button when prompted to switch from PS to PC mode to avoid causing hang.
General Firmware Improvements
- Fixed H-Pattern Shifter always showed "Reverse" in Shifter Port 2. Now H-Pattern works in both ports.
- Fixed ghost inputs when removing BMW M4 GT3 wheel (needs both new Base Firmware and new BMW Firmware).
- Fixed OLED test causes flicker when Tuning Menu is open during the test.
- Corrected the button mapping of the P1 wheels to match the WRC wheel.
- Improved WQR Firmware Update so it can be updated again by the driver which will be needed for new wheels in the future.
- Improved the spelling of some Tuning Menu setting names and descriptions.
Tray App (optional installation)
Latest version of Fanatec App on Android/iOS required as well, more info about the app on: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/app
- Fixed ITM data on Podium DD and BME OLED not resetting the values after game exit.
- Added F1 23 support. Note: Mobile App ITM data only working without FanaLab running.
- Added new debug data for the new Temperature data screen and FFB torque graph screen for the Podium DD with the latest Mobile App version which shows the Temperature data and FFB graph data you would also see in the OLED of the Base.
- Updated Fanatec App ITM Telemetry support list.
- Other minor improvements.
- BME FW update temporarily disabled, will get fixed soon for the next driver release.
- MPS Pulse not working correctly, will get fixed soon for the next driver release.
- When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
- Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
- The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.
Compatible FanaLab Version