FanaLab 2.01.28 beta (previously .26) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• There are no problems with this beta, no.

Settings and profiles all stay. Nothing gets reset or lost.

• Stefan GängStefan Gäng Member
    edited March 24

Hi Maurice

I am a bit confused: should we set FFB to 100% in tuning menu, then set FFB to 20 Nm for DD1 and reduce in Game FFB strenght to 60 (or whatever suits)? Or, should we set in game ffb strenght to 100, in game FFB to 15Nm and in Fanalab Tuning menu to 60%?

game: lmu

• Robert ZemenRobert Zemen Member
    edited March 25

Always better to put lower FFB in the game, to avoid clipping issues. I never use more than 60% FFB ingame.

• Yes but that does not answer the question ;)

i am aware of clipping, but with a dd1 you‘ll never put ffb that high, too much NM otherwise

• I would set 75% (15nm) FFB from the Fanatec setup and then manage the gain from the game.

• Hello Maurice,

just downloaded for the first time your settings for iracing, thanks a lot. Huge piece of work !

Got some question for better understanding on how fanalab and iracing works together:

• Linear is checked in iracing, does it nee to be checked in fanalab as well ? Or is it superseeded by iracing setting ?
    • I would have tought that FFB strenght will always be 100% in Fanalab an ial down in game, but i see most of the time you have put 60% only.
    • Same question for Nm that you set to 15Nm limit when DD2 can deliver 25Nm.

Thanks a lot, will be great if you have time to help me understand. not challenging at all :) but trying to understand why your choices

• Hi Maurice,

Apologies to bother and sorry if this question was already answered.

Could I install 2.01.28 fanalab with 455 driver? I currently have installed 455 driver and 2.01.21 fanalab. (running CSL DD mclaren gt3v2 and elite pedals)

Thank you

• Hi Maurice,

any clarification on my question regarding ffb strenght in the drivers vs in game menu?

• Hello Maurice and all forum members,

I'm on Fanalab V2.01.28 with the driver package 456 and using the car profiles from the previous Fanlab Version 2.01.26. I usally adjust some small parameters in the profiles and re-save the cars. Now my question: Is there a difference between the ACC car profiles for 2.01.26 and 2.01.28 or are those identical? Thank you

• edited March 30

Hi, I have a problem with the ITM in Fanalab. Its not showing it ITM tab at Fanalab. The tuning works, so does the LEDs. But no data is getting send to the Fanatec app on my mobilae phone. What am i missing?

I want to use it in F1 23.

My set up is a DD+ with a Formula V2.5 steering wheel and CSL pedals

Rick

• The Mobile App does not work in parallel for F1 23. You can only use either FanaLab or the App, not both at the same time.

• Hello,

How can i add the super formula lights (superformulalights324) in the carlist for iracing ?

it always revert the carlist xml to the default version and the "detect custom car" doesn't work (at least to me)

• You cant do that on your own. You need to wait for the next FanaLab version sometime this month.

• edited April 2

This build seemingly has fixed my CSL Elites REV lights issue, so many thanks for this! Much appreciated!

This might be a stupid question, but is there an official manual / guide for Fanalab? I want to learn more about how some specific elements function but I can't find any links or files within the download that fully explain how Fanalab works.

What I'm most curious about is if Fanalab automatically detects games being launched from Steam and automatically loads an associated and favourited profile, or if I have to launch a game via Fanalab itself for that profile to be applied?

I also don't know how the car list system works, what it actually does, or if I even need it. I just use one custom profile per game (based on Recommended settings) which I presume applies to all vehicles in that game, which if so is ok for me.

• I have 2 wheels. Can FanaLab pick the in-game wheel/button mapping profile or do I have to do that myself? I'm running AC, AMS2 and RF2.

Thanks,

Stuart

• Is there any news on when 457 driver will be avaiable ?

• No. Sometime in April.

• Hello can someone please help me and tell me what to do to get fanalab for my csl dd 5nm and not mess up my stuff plz and thank u

• Hello There!

I've a weird issue with my (vintage) CSW V2.0 starting with the 2.x Versions of FanaLab.

I've noticed, that all the Input the Software sends to the Wheelbase are displayed delayed. The Rev LED's are half a second off, the ABS LED's, The LCD Screen, just everything.

I'm playing ACC and tried various ingame settings and FanaLab Settings, however cant figure out where the problem is.

Is it just a compatiblity issue with my older Hardware? On the previous versions of FanaLab everything worked fine. I tried to find a Thread with a similar problem, but found nothing.

CSW V2.0, CS Formula V2 Wheel, CS V3 Pedals & CS SQ Shifter 1.5

Best :)

• Could be a compatibility issue, yes.

CSW V2 is quite old and not really supported anymore so.I dont know if there will be investigations on this...

• Ok wow, i think i found it, i'm investigating this for a week now :D

It seems that somehow with the new Version of Fanalab the "Frequency" in ACC (default 400hz) is too much for the Wheelbase.

Turning it down to 200Hz, or 133Hz fixed this.

I'm really not sure why this started to happen with Fanalab 2.x , but - okay. Nevertheless, thank you for your insanely quick response.

• @Travis Farmer

What is it that you think that you need to do, other than just download it and install it? As far as I know, there are no issues using the .28 version of Fanalab.

• I'm trying to use my CSL dd with Forza Motorsport, but the LED option to change them to show anything other than the current gear is grayed out. Any solutions?

• edited April 16

The Display setting is completely non functional in this game because there is no way to disable the native Display values from the game.

Nothing you can do, you have to live with how the game uses the Display and Forza likes to use it just for Gear exclusively.

• hello

Good work Maurice, your profile is the best ^^

Have you planned a new version for lmu patch 3?

Thank you for your great work

• I stepped away from sim-racing for about two years. I told myself I would have a break until the QR2 was released, lol. But it's good to see the changes. QR2 is fantastic, and drivers, etc, seem much improved. But Fanalab changes are massive, car detection is amazing, I just didn't bother with manual changing profiles between races etc. previously and @Maurice and anyone else who have worked on it thanks.

• Hi, I have a problem with Fanalab, unless it is normal. Fanalab loads all car profiles from iRacing, LEDs and everything else, it only does not load the "max force" values in iRacing, I have to manually set it and check the "use custom controls for this car" option.

I also had to set the "wheel force" options to 15Nm.

I have DD2 (drivers 456, FanaLab 2.01.28)

• FanaLab can not set such in game values, you indeed need to do that on your own.

This discussion has been closed.