Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited June 19

This is 100% no Firmware issue as SW FW V0 issues are definitely fixed with 457.

Thats very likely a broken wheel.

It is good that you contacted the support. Now you need to wait a few weeks as the current response times from support are still over 1 month.

• The wheel works perfectly fine on a different base though.

And the base works with a different wheel attached to it.

Just seems to be when I attach the V2.5 to the CSL DD.

Thats very annoying given it’s a brand new base and wheel that only arrived last Monday..

• edited June 19

Could also be the QR of the Base which makes trouble, we had this in the past with P DD Bases having issues with some P Hubs, issue was the WQR Module...

Only the support can help you in this case I fear and for that you need to have a lot of patience unfortunately...

• No worries thank you!

Thankfully it is usable with a different wheel so can use it until they respond

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 19

it could be firmware or software issue if they use some other ship inside new V2.5. but i not know

as it sounds very fishy, other steering wheel works at you CSL DD, and V2.5 works at other base as well

• I think my best option is to send both the base and wheel in for RMA so they can see it happening first hand, but not sure I want to wait months for a reply given the base is brand new.

• Is there any update since on the brief disconnect issues that come back after a few seconds. Has anything been solved on this?

• Couldn't that problem be squeezing the bottom of the QR with your finger before mounting in case it's loose or something like that? If it looks like it could be the QR, if you exchange them, will it work for you then? and the other one stops working for you? If you dismantle the QR, I don't know if there was a manual or video or something, the issue was to gently press the bottom of the QR, which is where the plate is, and then it works, right?

• I can't believe what's happening... I got a problem with my new Fanatec base and pedals and when I went to your forum I saw that I'm not the only one having this problem, but all Fanatec says is "no ETA" the problem is known”, “the new driver is ready, but it will not contain a solution to this problem.” Are you seriously? In your description for the Extreme DD it says “the base is compatible with all Fanatec pedals”! You offer these pedals for purchase on the page with the new DD base! Seriously? So why don't my csl pedals work with the new base? Half of my brake just doesn't respond in the driver! Something like a dead zone. And you can't fix it quickly? I see that this is a problem with the driver and many people have it. Now I can’t use your products because of the brake pedal! SO FIX IT! Why should we wait who knows how long for a solution to this problem? I'm your customer and since you state that the dd extreme base is compatible with all pedals from fanatec (I took a screenshot of this!), then I want to get that compatibility, and not sit here on the forum! You should have solved this right away! I mean it seriously, I took screenshots of your site where you pointed out compatibility, as well as messages from everyone who encountered this problem and did not get any solution!!!

• Why should you wait? Because they don't have a solution as of yet for your pedals. They work on priorities, and your pedals weren't it. What are they supposed to do? Put your pedals above a bigger problem, or should they hold that solution until they also have a solution for yours. My v3 pedals work just fine. You're the one who paired a high end base with budget pedals. You'll get your solution whenever they get to it.

• edited June 21

Yup my CSL Elite V2 pedals work fine too. There probably aren’t a lot of people who use the non-load cell CSL pedals on a DD/DD+ that’s why they didn’t catch it before. If you have a CS DD or DD+ then you’re serious enough to want to get a load cell pedal anyway. Just get one and don’t look back. You will have a better driving experience and better lap times too.

• @AndrewTico

You are a very demanding customer.

Isn't it enough for you to have bought an incredibly expensive WB?

Now you expect it to work and be compatible with your CSL pedals?

On top of that, you expect a quick solution to your problem?

Oh man, that's pretty demanding of you.

End of satire

I've been waiting since the beginning of January for my 3(!) WBs to be processed, all of which are defective!

I can understand your displeasure very well

• Carolin Maurer

he is right. by default its called false advert if something not work what by default should in paper

• edited June 21

That's not correct. It's not false advertising when something is supposed to work but is not working properly due to a Bug.

• I bought The ClubSport Racing Wheel F1,i have the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 X with qr2. After i updated this driver, the wheel base does not turn into xbox mode. I am unable to play on xbox. Before the update i cold turn into xbox mode but it had not force feedback.

• edited June 21

That's a possible Firmware issue of the new Formula v2.5X V1.0.2.0 Firmware currently under investigation.

In the meantime please uninstall 457, install 455 and Do a manual Firmware update/downgrade of the Formula v2.5X wheel back to V0.3.5.0 which should work on Xbox again. Only a Wheel Firmware downgrade should be enough, Base can stay as is.

edited June 21

Maurice Böschen

he buy that item because its typed, but its not working that what its makes it as false advert

its not some sort open source hardware either that ups its not working and we fix that when we have a time. user pay for this.

accounting to europe law. he can demand a full refund if he wants

• Guys, it’s not a problem for me to buy other pedals, but you recommend CSL pedals for this base on the website and say that ANY OF YOUR PEDALS ARE COMPATIBLE with the new base, but in fact, having CSL pedals and a new base, I CAN’T PLAY! I've been trying to solve this problem for a week now and the base and pedals have been impossible to use all week! I call it a lie! When you say your products are 100% compatible, I want that compatibility! I won't buy any other pedals on principle until you solve this problem! And this is a priority for ME, because I only have this problem and several guys who wrote about the same problem earlier! It's enough!

• edited June 21

I think you mis-read the law. He cant do such things when there is no false advertising in place here. The pedals in general are working with the base. It has just a Firmware issue (which is even already under investigation), which does not make it incompatible per se by law, so no false advertising, no full refund by law possible.

• Maurice Böschen

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund. You can usually only ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods.

Under EU consumer rules you always have the right to a 2-year minimum guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods in a shop, online or through distance selling, such as from a catalogue or by telephone. This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right, however national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

• Maurice Böschen

I don't agree with you. In fact, I can’t use the brake on your pedals with the new base, I JUST CAN’T because of the huge dead zone! Or do you suggest using only the gas pedal? This is ridiculous and completely inconsistent with what is written on the site. The problem is firmware or hardware, it doesn't matter, either way, right now, I can't use the base and pedals the way I need to and it's not my fault, but yours, that you didn't do enough tests before writing: "COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PEDALS."

• The product is not working due to a defect in the product Hut due to a (known and under investigation) firmware issue which is a whole different Story and has absolutely nothing to do with any product warranty/guarantee.

edited June 21

Maurice Böschen

well. usually stuff like this is settled in court anyway if not find agreement between customer and company.

so yeah i not start argue.

• edited June 21

Yeah better not starting argue as it wouldn't bring anything. The issue is known and under investigation to be fixed with high Prio in the future. As the next driver is already build, a fix for this issue very likely doesn't make it into the next driver release but it wont take years to fix it, it will be fixed soon in an upcoming new driver, just most likely not immediately in the very next driver as it's basically already finished. But we will push this issue internally again.

• I guess I bought a new base and pedals so that they would not be used (for about a week now), and I was just waiting for your solution to this problem, UNKNOWN HOW LONG. Great move!

There is no need to blame this on the firmware, we already know that the problem is in it, but the firmware is YOURS and you are responsible for the malfunction! And I, as a buyer, don’t care if the problem is already under investigation (just now), because having bought this, I can’t use the new base and pedals! This is enough to go to court!

• Andrew Tico

i would love to peek inside firmware for look what is happening but then again i do not own the DD+ self so it would be useless for ask that from fanatec

• Even if it's not false advertising, it's still a blocking bug and should be addressed with high priority.

Enough said, here we are all waiting for them to fix some of our devices' issue if not all without a guaranteed date. I think it's understandable to vent, after all it's their fault. Just don't dwell on it for too long. Either refund or sell and change to another pedal or the whole set to another brand.

• OK then feel free to go to a court which handles your case in some years...

What do you expect from us now? We are already investigating the issue with high Prio and that's all we can do atm other than apologizing for the issue happening.

Did you even tried older driver 455 with the included firmwares? The issue reports of the deadzone only started in this thread with the release of the new firmware included in driver 457. Maybe downgrading the firmware to the ones included in 455 will fix the issue for you in the meantime as nobody ever reported this issue in months with the old driver/firmwares.

• but 455 have other issues. so i personally not know how that resolves anything

• it would maybe make the pedals work without a deadzone so he can at least use it?!