Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    joe muise said:
    ... come here hoping to get  an answer  only to be ignored or made fun of  ....  so  lets see what happens when this  **** fella  goes online  ..I have all the  conversation  saved  since I have been online here I am so tired of  not  getting answers or  help  but instead ignored or laughed at  so maybe I should post my story 
    Hi Joe,

thank you very much for your message. But what I do not really understand is why you are not getting in touch with our support team at all? Our tech experts are only here for the purpose of helping every customer as professional as possible. But if a customer does not choose going into the support chat (which is available 7 days a week for a reason) and not sending us a support ticket-...how should we find the case as quickly as possible to be able to help? This would be the way to go:
    https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/support/faq/support
    Please enable our support team to help as fast as we can!

Thank you!
  • Did you start the Game by pressing X on the wheel instead of the controller?
    tried to start with wheel but does not work

Have you pressed the PS button to select the wheel as your controller?
  • edited January 2018
    Hi Jackie, next time when I have some free time for gaming I will check it and let you know if it works or not.
  • Hi Jackie, next time when I have some free time for gaming I will check it and let you know if it works or not.
    Yes, the wheel works all ps menus but not recognized by game. The only thing I haven't tried was powering up PS manually(No controller). Actually just thought of that. Thanks for your help. Not a huge deal for me, just like the game and plan on getting the new one when it gets released.
  • omg   armim i have contacted the support do you think I would just   spend 2000+ dollars for a  thing I have been saving for for 3 years and just  go stupid  in the forum???? really?? I have contacted  Fanatec I was  told and I quote you were  not there  it was an answering service  that you weren't even in the  building  or the state...  then I emailed  and  got ...thank you for your email we will contact you in  24 hours or something and  haven't heard back then I  hunkered down and called  GERMANY  which  is only avail  between 2 and 4  mon to fri  Germany time  I spent  almost an hour of  bouncing around  in the msg loop before I hung up !!!! so don't  come here or  send me email telling me to contact  support before I  get  frustrated and upset that the   gear THOMAS said was geared to work with  GTsport  or other  ps4 titles when in fact  it does not really work with  them  does it ?????    in fact it REALLY ONLY is a partial compatible wheel with ps4 you have to be in  purple mode  for any kind of  ff..  if you use the licensed blue mode you get nothing but a free spinning wheel  noo ff no nothing and  the  pedals  lol.. yes I'm am laughing.... 85 % throttle in blue 65% or less in purple mode and it does matter ... as I have  drove  the same car same place  same straight away and in blue 160mph in purple 120mph and in both people pass me like I'm standing still so  the pedals don't  go full throttle in either mode.. the only saving grace is I also bought a  xbox elite wheel  and  it works  so I have been playing on my xbox ... but I bought this for my  PS4  and grand tourismo sport as it was said that it was not only licensed  for the ps4 but that  gtsport worked with it and that Thomas was  talking personally with  pd to get the wheel on the  options menu.....  and that comment has been pulled ....... so armim I have  tried on all three  venues to contact  support and all three failed and one even cost ME MONEY YET AGAIN!!!!!

• How’s your video getting along Joe??

• Joe Musie return product, full refund as its NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Or get partial refund.

• Just like Fanatec will be asking Polyphony, Sony Playstation and Slightly Mad Studios for compensation. 
  • Just like Fanatec will be asking Polyphony, Sony Playstation and Slightly Mad Studios for compensation. 

What kind of dream world do you live in Nadiem??

• edited January 2018
    I never had any issues with the Fanatec support team. I always used the support hotline which is available from 2 to 4 pm CET. They always solved my problems. But I have to admit there is some space for improvement left in terms of quality assurance (e.g. my LED display on the Porsche rim and on the P1 rim was defect on arrival).

• Why doesn't Thomas comment here anymore?  

THOMAS ARE YOU PLATING HIDE AND Seak with us?? ????? ?????? ?????

• We now you are reading this,show some respect to youre paying costumors?

Are just take the money and run???

Sick of waiting on un update. 

• Ok had somebody on the phone from Fanatec.       

Maybe i overreacted a bit on previeus posts.    He was very helpfull and assured me the are still expecting sony to implement thr fanatec wheel.     He also said they are working on a workaround (i think diffrent software) to make the wheel work better with gt sport. 

From what i understood is that it wil be new firmware from fanatec that is better then the current g29 emulation.   So it will be nicer to play untill sony fully implements the wheel.  

Just wanted to shaer this.    

Sorry for the bad english
  • edited January 2018
    Bart Lacompte said:

...From what I understood is that it will be new firmware from fanatec that is better then the current g29 emulation.
    So it's again Fanatec who tries to compensate Sony's failure here...? If this is the case many thanks in advance to Thomas and his crew. In addition it would be great to see a short reply regarding a possible Firmware update from Fanatec here.
  • Bart Lacompte said:

...From what I understood is that it will be new firmware from fanatec that is better then the current g29 emulation.
    So it's again Fanatec who tries to compensate Sony's failure here...? If this is the case many thanks in advance to Thomas and his crew. In addition it would be great to see a short reply regarding a possible Firmware update from Fanatec here.
    Yes its sony or pd that has to do this.       But still i also bleam Fanatec. The advertised the produkt before they new i would be compatible. 

Example.      You buy a Bmw with Bose sound system.  You have problems wich the soundsystem of the car. Lets say it doesn't work. 

Who will you cal?   Bmw or Bose? ;)      Who did you pay?  
  • Bart Lacompte said:

Yes its sony or pd that has to do this.       But still i also bleam Fanatec. The advertised the produkt before they new i would be compatible. 

Example.      You buy a Bmw with Bose sound system.  You have problems wich the soundsystem of the car. Lets say it doesn't work. 

Who will you cal?   Bmw or Bose? ;)      Who did you pay?  

I don’t think you are using the right narrative Bart.. In the BMW Bose issue you’re a client off the BMW dealer, in this case GTS is not a integral part of the Fanatec CSL.. GTS is one of the many race/sim games on PC/PS4 that you can play with the CSL.. Maybe Fanatec shouldn’t have made such strong suggestions about the compatibility, but you can’t hold them responsible for the programming of PD.. 

• Bart Lacompte said:

I’m dreading a new firmware update Thorsten, it took me weeks to get everything the way I wanted after the last update.. But for you and others I hope that it will solve the issues.. I’ll wait how it works for you first J

• edited January 2018
    I found a good setup as well but I'm curious about a possible optimization with a new firmware update.
  • People really are absolutely ridiculous with the speculation. 

Here's a news flash, Polyphony Digital tends to take their time, they have said full support for GT Sport is coming, so it is coming. Did they release it before the end of 2017? No. Will they release it in 2018? Probably. Is it a good idea to be patient? Yes.
    None of these companies owe you anything. You are a ridiculous human being.
  • edited January 2018

... Is it a good idea to be patient? Yes.
    All I'm asking for is to get a glimpse on what's going on in terms of the Fanatec and Polyphony Digital collaboration. Sorry, but this little statement from Thomas does not convince me.
    ...If he would ask me nicely and precisely about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet. We do not have any further info yet.
    I have to admit that it was a great move from Fanatec to provide us with an updated firmware to make GT Sport at least playable in G29 mode!

But now it's time to get at least a perspective what we can expect next and when (e.g. another firmware update to get rid of this oscillation issue or in best case a patch from PD). As Thomas is in direct contact with Kazunori (that's what he said) it shouldn't be a problem to share the state of play with his customers. After that it would be much easier to wait patiently. But waiting for nothing is somehow unsatisfactory.

Just my thoughts...

• ... Is it a good idea to be patient? Yes.
    All I'm asking for is to get a glimpse on what's going on in terms of the Fanatec and Polyphony Digital collaboration. Sorry, but this little statement from Thomas does not convince me.
    ...If he would ask me nicely and precisely about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet. We do not have any further info yet.
    I have to admit that it was a great move from Fanatec to provide us with an updated firmware to make GT Sport at least playable in G29 mode!

But now it's time to get at least a perspective what we can expect next and when (e.g. another firmware update to get rid of this oscillation issue or in best case a patch from PD). As Thomas is in direct contact with Kazunori (that's what he said) it shouldn't be a problem to share the state of play with his customers. After that it would be much easier to wait patiently. But waiting for nothing is somehow unsatisfactory.

Just my thoughts...
    Very much agreed..
  • But now it's time to get at least a perspective what we can expect next and when (e.g. another firmware update to get rid of this oscillation issue or in best case a patch from PD). As Thomas is in direct contact with Kazunori (that's what he said) it shouldn't be a problem to share the state of play with his customers. 
    Discussions between developers are often bound by NDAs and can include company-sensitive information or agreements. Disclosing them to the public can hurt their professional relationship and the negotiation process. Hence, whether it's "not a problem to share the state of play" is only for Fanatec to judge.
  • edited January 2018
    You are right but then a possible statement could be:

'Sorry, in the current situation the information is confidential but you may rest assured we are working on it in order to get the best solution for you.'

Something like that and a bit more than just 'We do not have any further info yet.'
  • yes  but instead  Thomas has  completely  disregarded  this  blog and in doing so he has  made everyone that is having problems with the ps4  that wont just sit and  take what is offered but instead  demand what they have payed for a licensed ps4 wheel that  WORKS with the ps4 and the games  it was promised  it would work with..  not act like a  peripheral that is compatible with the ps4 ..WE just want answers and all we have gotten  to date is words that were  not quite true and a band aid and then being  ignored hoping we will go away  again I am over being angry  but I still want what I have payed for 
  • Haven't checked the thread for a Few Weeks. Disappointed to see no further Update regarding Native Compatibility Thomas. I have Invested a lot of money Into this piece of kit in which I love to bits. But I bought this mainly for GT Sport and so far I'm still waiting to utilise It's best features. 

I'm planning on getting the V3 Pedal Set & The McLaren GT3 Rim this February but I will hold fire till I get some clarification on support coming? Will It at least be coming before the FIA Races start this Spring? :(  
  • Hi Peeps,

I am currently using a G29 and prior to that, back in Gran Turismo 5, I used a G27, which I gave to my son so I could "upgrade" to the G29.

Back in May 2017, seeing as GT Sport still wasn't making an appearance, I bought Project Cars and, although the game was generally criticised as not being the best, even by peeps who love the game, I found it a joy and I took part in a couple of endurance races organised by the Apex Online Racing community.

All the time I was playing Project Cars my G29 worked flawlessly.

Once Project Cars 2 came out and most of the AOR peeps moved over to that, I decided to hold out for Gran Turismo Sport. As much as I liked Project Cars I found it a pain to tune the cars and get my head around the strategy stuff. I wanted to see if GTS was going to be a bit simpler. Not that I want an arcade game... I just don't want to be bothered working out if my engine is going to over heat, or the tyres. Tyre wear and fuel depletion I can handle...

Anyway, I ended up getting GT Sport after Christmas and I am really enjoying the game. Still plenty enough for the tuners but relatively simple compared to Project Cars.

After having completed all the campaign races I decided to have a go at Sports mode and from that point on I started having problems with the G29 down shift paddle. It became very intermittent, especially in the online races of Sports mode, and I raised a ticked at Logitech.

To be honest, though, even if Logitech end up resolving this issue, I am a bit fed up now and, even though my skill level probably doesn't warrant the expense of a Fanatec wheel, I fancy making a leap into what seems to be a really respected product.

Trouble is, I saw this blog and I have been somewhat put off from making that leap. But once the Fanatec controller is incorporated into Gran Turismo Sport I will be looking to upgrade.

Until then I have had to assign my G29 D pad to change down...

cheers

andy
  • Hi Peeps,

I am currently using a G29 and prior to that, back in Gran Turismo 5, I used a G27, which I gave to my son so I could "upgrade" to the G29.

Back in May 2017, seeing as GT Sport still wasn't making an appearance, I bought Project Cars and, although the game was generally criticised as not being the best, even by peeps who love the game, I found it a joy and I took part in a couple of endurance races organised by the Apex Online Racing community.

All the time I was playing Project Cars my G29 worked flawlessly.

Once Project Cars 2 came out and most of the AOR peeps moved over to that, I decided to hold out for Gran Turismo Sport. As much as I liked Project Cars I found it a pain to tune the cars and get my head around the strategy stuff. I wanted to see if GTS was going to be a bit simpler. Not that I want an arcade game... I just don't want to be bothered working out if my engine is going to over heat, or the tyres. Tyre wear and fuel depletion I can handle...

Anyway, I ended up getting GT Sport after Christmas and I am really enjoying the game. Still plenty enough for the tuners but relatively simple compared to Project Cars.

After having completed all the campaign races I decided to have a go at Sports mode and from that point on I started having problems with the G29 down shift paddle. It became very intermittent, especially in the online races of Sports mode, and I raised a ticked at Logitech.

To be honest, though, even if Logitech end up resolving this issue, I am a bit fed up now and, even though my skill level probably doesn't warrant the expense of a Fanatec wheel, I fancy making a leap into what seems to be a really respected product.

Trouble is, I saw this blog and I have been somewhat put off from making that leap. But once the Fanatec controller is incorporated into Gran Turismo Sport I will be looking to upgrade.

Until then I have had to assign my G29 D pad to change down...

cheers

andy
    Don't get confused about the very few exaggerated negative comments here. There are hundreds of very happy CSL E owners enjoying Gran Turismo with their CSL instead of posting here. Don't believe posts saying "it's useless", "doesn't work" or "it's crap". It works pretty well and buttons can be easily assigned in the game. Especially coming from a G29, the difference will be like night and day for you. To handle the wobble in some situations, I switch from the standard setting (S1 in my case) to a setting (S2 in my case) made for when I'm in pause menu or write in the chat, where I've set FF and FOR to 0, as well as DRF to -5. Switching from 1 setting to the other takes about 1-2 seconds.
  • GTS with the csl elite works good but cant wait for full support, I have not played much gts for that reason, fell in love with raceroom and assetto corsa, pc sim racings is were its at.
  • I have been unable to map buttons in GT Sport. I read somewhere in this thread that it can be done and it’s supposedly easy. How can I do that?? I have tried the Logitech settings but the buttons seem grayed out. It is really sad to not have full compatibility. I didn’t go with the TS PC racer because of GT Sport. GT is the franchise that have always made me buy a new console. But comparing the wheel in AC or PC2 in The PC to the wheel in PS4 i in GTS, the difference is like night and day, and would be awesome to have the same in GTS, as the competition and amount of available games in GTS is simply unmatched.