Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• If you say the CSL Elite PS4 experience with Project Cars 2 in the PC gets rated 100, the experience with GTS is barely a 60. This really needs to be taken care of. IN THE MEAN TIME, how can I map buttons in the CSL Elite PS4 in Gran Turismo Sport?
  • Don't would say that that GTS get a 60 rating compared to 100 for PC2. To my opinion it's more a 85-90 to 100. This has not much to do with the CSL since I had about the same feeling with T300 and G29. It has probably to do with FFB information being better on PC2 than on GTS. This said, still convinced that the CSL will perform better in GTS after native support has been added, than it performs right now.
    But still the CSL performs way better than a G29 and T300.
    Map buttons on GTS is a piece of cake. Just go to G29 options and remap them. I've mapped the MFD to the X, O, square and triangle buttons with ease. Also I've remapped R2, R3, L2 and L3. If you like, you can even map the joystick or shift paddles, everything very easy.
    Only buttons you can't map are the PS, OP and SH buttons, but you can't do it on any other wheel either.

Hope this helps.
  • Don't would say that that GTS get a 60 rating compared to 100 for PC2. To my opinion it's more a 85-90 to 100. This has not much to do with the CSL since I had about the same feeling with T300 and G29. It has probably to do with FFB information being better on PC2 than on GTS. This said, still convinced that the CSL will perform better in GTS after native support has been added, than it performs right now.
    But still the CSL performs way better than a G29 and T300.
    Map buttons on GTS is a piece of cake. Just go to G29 options and remap them. I've mapped the MFD to the X, O, square and triangle buttons with ease. Also I've remapped R2, R3, L2 and L3. If you like, you can even map the joystick or shift paddles, everything very easy.
    Only buttons you can't map are the PS, OP and SH buttons, but you can't do it on any other wheel either.

Hope this helps.
    Well, I do think it is 60/100, as the experiences for me are simply in different leagues. Thank you for taking time to help. I had found the solution. I thought It wasn’t under the G29 options because I had changed some things and didn’t get the changes on the wheel but it was my mistake with “select MDF” and MDF UP/DOWN, or something like that
  • Tony IglesiasTony Iglesias Member
    edited January 2018
    Dear Rafael Morel,

In fact it is very difficult if not impossible to express sensations in numbers. How things feel is very individual and may be different for everyone. 
    Nice to hear that you could manage the mapping. Don't know if you had a try to map the push function of the joystick on the wheel. To what I know, it has no function in GTS in default, but I may be wrong. Wondering if it can be assigned. Unfortunately I don't will be able to try this out in the next few days.
    Could be possible that it has the same function as the "enter" button on the G29, which, if I'm not wrong, has also no assignment by default in GTS?

Edit: Just saw in a video on YouTube that the enter button on G29 is assigned to the horn by default. Still remains the question if it is the equivalent to pushing the joystick on the CSL.

• Playing Gt since the first one, came from a G27, than G29, I was really happy with the Logitech, than I tried the TM300 and still I was happy my G29 in GT Sport, but than I had the chance to play Gran Turismo Sport with the Thrustmaster T-GT. It was super amazing, I never had so many feedback on a wheel with GT Sport, I felt everything. Crazy is, that I was buying a Fanatec because of playing a T-GT, because I did not like the Pedals and the Wheel self. I was hoping that I get the same Force Feedback with the CSL. 

I am really happy with my CSL Elite, and it works super good with GT Sport, but still missing some Feedback informations, which I hope we get with the implementation, because GT Sport have these informations. 

So we only have the Chance to wait, and I think it will come soon. Also waiting for the McLaren Wheel
  • Tomorrow morning, new release for GTS.

Anything good for us CSL Elite's owners ?

• Tony IglesiasTony Iglesias Member
    edited January 2018

Tomorrow morning, new release for GTS.

Anything good for us CSL Elite's owners ?

Where did you get the information from that the update will be released today?
    Kaz only mentioned that it will happen this week, no mention about the day.
    Do you have a source?

Thanks in ad
  • edited January 2018
    I think we should not expect anything in terms of Fanatec support in the upcomming GT Sport update.
  • joe  muisejoe muise Member
    edited January 2018
    so i have made a video  as i said i would showing the issues of using it in  ps4 mode BLUE and in compatible mode PURPLE here it is  and it PROVES using the  compatible mode  does not work in GTsport here is the link  the video is  made privet  on utube so it is not public 

sorry for  mishap turns out if i want to share this here i had to make it public also  i did not want  make this a public video  but i wanted to share it here people type and type  and get ignored ... Thomas you need to  take control of your ****  make it  work get on 
    pd case  hpoound them to do what they told you they WOULD do and have not !!at the very least give YOUR CUSTOMERS some answers at least try toi set their mind to ease  again i DID NOT want to  make or post this vid but i had no choice  i love this wheel it was a 3 yr struggle for me to come up with the money .. i wont lie i am a bit disappointed with it on the ps4 but  it is awesome on my Xbox so that was lucky 
  • They(mainly Thomas) shouldn't have sold this until it is fully compatible on ps4. This aint PD's fault, it is fanatec's. Should never started selling products which were not ready at all even if it is licensed. Customers don't give a fck about its license, they just wanna play and enjoy the game. Owner with wrong work ethic made a wrong choice. Big applause to you Thomas.
  • Hi Joe
    Are you turning on the wheel and putting it in purple mode before you launch GT Sport?
    I know if i don't do that the wheel behaves strangely. If it's done in that order though it works fine. Not great, but pretty good and usable.

Just trying to help
    Peter
  • it doesn’t work fine at all and again I love this wheel I really do I just want what I payed for I researched for almost 3years so I knew what I was buying what put me over the bubble was everyone of those people reviewing the ps4 wheel and Fanatec stated that it worked with grantourismo sport ... and for the record I didn’t spend 2+ thousand dollars for a wheel that works fine not great but ok ..I bought a wheel that worked for its purpose period!! I did not get what I paid for ..and Thomas has gone awol in every thread that asks why ,when ,and how come ..and people saying it works ok and fine and did you do this are you in purple mode??? I shouldn’t bee in purple mode IT SHOULD WORK IN BLUE you know the ps4 mode so this is why the vid was made and posted ........all I want is what I payed for a wheel that works as it is supposed to it shouldn’t be a guessing game and Thomas you shouldn’t run away when your customers that love your product beyond the flaws.. you only make it worse by avoiding us ... we only want to know what is going on and what to expect if anything and. When the issues mite be resolved ...

• Sold my csl elite and V3 pedals.   

Glad I got rid of it. 
  • Thomas any News on Fanatec Support for the GT Sport Update for tomorrow? Trying to find Patch Notes and nothing so far yet? Please can you comment and Update with Information even If you have no further Information it would be great to Update the community instead of staying silent. 

Reminds me of the time with the Dev's from No Mans Land at this present stage and It's not a great feeling.
  • joe muise said:
    it doesn’t work fine at all and again I love this wheel I really do I just want what I payed for I researched for almost 3years so I knew what I was buying what put me over the bubble was everyone of those people reviewing the ps4 wheel and Fanatec stated that it worked with grantourismo sport ... and for the record I didn’t spend 2+ thousand dollars for a wheel that works fine not great but ok ..I bought a wheel that worked for its purpose period!! I did not get what I paid for ..and Thomas has gone awol in every thread that asks why ,when ,and how come ..and people saying it works ok and fine and did you do this are you in purple mode??? I shouldn’t bee in purple mode IT SHOULD WORK IN BLUE you know the ps4 mode so this is why the vid was made and posted ........all I want is what I payed for a wheel that works as it is supposed to it shouldn’t be a guessing game and Thomas you shouldn’t run away when your customers that love your product beyond the flaws.. you only make it worse by avoiding us ... we only want to know what is going on and what to expect if anything and. When the issues mite be resolved ...
    Did you get in touch with Fanatec by sending an email or by getting a life chat?
    I'm asking because gas pedal works fine in GTS doesn't matter if in blue or purple mode. You are the first one I hear having issues with the gas pedal in GTS, could be something wrong with the pedal itself. Or also, if I'm not wrong, you talked about in a previous post that you are using a Hub to connect your wheel to the PS4, is that correct? If so, did you try to connect the base directly to your PS4 without using the Hub?
  • By the way Joe, I'm not a YouTube reviewer and didn't get my wheel for free from Fanatec and I confirm that the wheel works fine in GTS as the pedals do. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Fanatec customer having no issues with the wheel or the pedals in GTS...
  • no i am not using a hub  and  you  really  are a funny guy lol if your on this thread you know  i am not the only person  dissapointed with the performance of the  wheel and pedals  but thats ok  there are always  people who look to stir the pot  they are called trolls..// oh and i didnt get my set up fro free either  if i had i would  care less but i pais for it and i kinda expect to get what i pay for  and i have tried to contact them  sadly  to no avail you have a great day tony
  • Joe,

First you called Fanatec Lier in a previous post.
    Now you call people trying to help you trolls... Well, with such an attitude you don't have to wonder if people don't get you seriously...
    Maybe I'm a funny guy, maybe not. Since you don't know me you can't really judge on that.
    What are a handful unhappy people in this threat against thousands of happy customers enjoying gaming with their CSL stuff instead of posting here? How many people having the throttle issue in this thread? If I'm not wrong you are the only one.
    You say you tried to contact Fanatec? Phone? email? Support chat? How many times did you try?
    I'm asking that because this can help others if they will have an issue one day.
    Let's just try to have a normal and constructive discussion, since the throttle issue you have is not normal and except for you, I don't know any Fanatec user having this problem and threats are important to share information and advises to other customers in case they will come up with the same issue in the future .

Thanks in advance.

Th
  • i spent about an hour on the phone trying to  get support and and i have   emailed  on several occasions  but i fet thank for contacting us we will contact you  soon   and i dont hear from them  and  just how are you helping me ??? i have   been asked if i have  done so many things and i have  never said i use a hub and i repeatedly say i love this gear  i just want it to work THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO i use it on my pc and my xbox and i am happy with the results  but i bought it to play GTS and  like in the vid  it is plain to see  it does not work the way it is supposed to it either purple mode or blue mode ! all i have ever wanted was answers   but the moment  **** turns a little sour thomas  runs away and no one hears from him am i happy i bought  my wheel? YES i have wanted one for a long time ! am i happy with the way it works on my xbox? YES am i happy with the  pc performance ? YES am i happy with ps4  performance ? not so much it  and  out of that  you would think it would be  the ps4 that i would be most happy with  as it was made for the ps4 ultimately .. and yes i did call them liars  they said one thing it wasn't  true  then replace the comment .. and saying the purple mode works ok and is a work around is untrue  as it is barley a work around  3 years i saved  for this wheel  3 years. i broke my neck  and i am disabled ( i can walk but not for long periods ) i have  very few things in my life that i can do and enjoy and racing is one as i can no longer drive for real due to meds and injury..  that money i saved  could have  bought something  cheaper.  but i  wanted something that was gonna last as i use it alot .. so  all i want is what anyone  wants.. i want what i was told i was gonna get  and i am  tired of  always  being told im the one that is wrong. or have people here poke fun at my expense or make me look like im stupid  !!! bottom line is this i love the wheel the pedals they are awesome i really do  i just want what i paid for  cause at the end of the day  they cost me  so much money that i have second guessed it at times and i almost wanted to return them  but i would never have gotten what they cost me back and i know there are  bugs  and quirks and time fixes them but telling us one thing then changing it  and then to disappear  is frustrating and i am sorry for calling you a troll but  your comments came off that way  again i am sorry  .. but i wont be sorry for feeling  disapointed with  fanatec
  • Tim O'BrienTim O'Brien Member
    edited January 2018
    Herrybo said:
    Playing Gt since the first one, came from a G27, than G29, I was really happy with the Logitech, than I tried the TM300 and still I was happy my G29 in GT Sport, but than I had the chance to play Gran Turismo Sport with the Thrustmaster T-GT. It was super amazing, I never had so many feedback on a wheel with GT Sport, I felt everything. Crazy is, that I was buying a Fanatec because of playing a T-GT, because I did not like the Pedals and the Wheel self. I was hoping that I get the same Force Feedback with the CSL. 

I am really happy with my CSL Elite, and it works super good with GT Sport, but still missing some Feedback informations, which I hope we get with the implementation, because GT Sport have these informations. 

So we only have the Chance to wait, and I think it will come soon. Also waiting for the McLaren Wheel

Herrybo
    Keep in mind that Thrustmaster paid a lot of money to PD to have that wheel branded the official GT Sport wheel, hmm and people are still wondering why the csl isn't supported, maybe thrustmaster doesn't want to lose sales ... also sony have said game devs do not have to include third party peripherals, and for the record my csl works, the oscillation can be dialled  out in the wheel settings and because there is no calibration for the pedals or wheel in gt sport it needs to be done on a pc, 

• edited January 2018
    Still no support after the 1.11 update. Still silence from fanatec, is this really how a company treats it’s customers in 2018? For those happy playing gtsport... have you experienced the wheel with full support? If not try it and tell me you’re still happy with compatibility mode. After another update and another let down I’m going today to get a new graphics card and psu for my pc so I can play games that get the most out of a wheel and pedals that I paid close to £1000 for. Thank you Thomas, I hope you continue to enjoy gtsport on your shaky wheel
  • I can‘t believe it. Are you talking to PD at all?!!!! Shame on you for letting your customers standing in the rain. It‘s been more than enough weeks to solve the problem but you guys seem not to able to react to all the critcs. And hearing nothing, absolutely nothing from Thomas is an absolute No-Go. A CEO afraid to face the situation and stay in contact with his customers. Have you even ever heard of crisis management?! To me it just seems he gives a sh...
  • Guys, what are you expecting from Fanatec when they are waiting for PD to include the promised support? Should they fly to Japan and force PD to implement it now? What leverage do you think Fanatec has in this matter? Fanatec is depending on PD's support and posting every week here that they're still waiting does not make any sense.

Please stop the accusations of Thomas 'being afraid' or 'not giving a ****'. It's easy to abuse people when something that you want isn't coming fast enough without knowing what's involved. If you don't know what can and cannot be done then please stop writing non-sensical accusations. Don't think for a minute that Fanatec is happy with the situation, they added a compatibility mode to mitigate the situation until PD delivers, I don't know how that can be qualified as Fanatec not giving a ****.
  • edited January 2018
    The compatibility mode emulating G29 was implemented because there was no GTSport support at all regarding Fanatec gear. Without compatibility mode at launch nobody using Fanatec Gear would have been able to use it at all with the biggest, most awaited racing title on PS4. That move was heavily appreciated throughout the community and everybody was satisfied while waiting for future native support. Since V1.05 changes made to adress the G29‘s deadzone problems corrupted the use of compatibility mode showing heavy wheel oscillation. This situation occured in the november days. These problems haven‘t been adressed since then. No one on Fanatec‘s side commented on this occured problem. They only commented once on the future native support of their gear. Fixing the actual problem with compatibility mode seems to not have been on their agenda. Waiting on the final native wheel support through PD is one thing... and i totally understand the difficulties Fanatec is having with PD. The other thing is working on the actual problem... to give the customers the satisfaction they hoped to achieve using your gear. Fanatec went the road of solving the overall lack of support by giving us a firmware update that introduced compatibility mode. Going further down this road, working an a new solution (driver?) to adress the actual problems that occured months ago... that is what the community is waiting for. And communicating that (if?) they are aware and trying to do something. That hasn‘t been done during the last weeks. The only things we see is a non communicating CEO who only quietly changes the statements made in his previous posts, no infos on possible future updates on the firmware side, not even an acknowledgement of the ongoing situation. If you think that these points are not worth to be spoken out, adressed to the people involved... i do!
  • Herrybo said:
    Playing Gt since the first one, came from a G27, than G29, I was really happy with the Logitech, than I tried the TM300 and still I was happy my G29 in GT Sport, but than I had the chance to play Gran Turismo Sport with the Thrustmaster T-GT. It was super amazing, I never had so many feedback on a wheel with GT Sport, I felt everything. Crazy is, that I was buying a Fanatec because of playing a T-GT, because I did not like the Pedals and the Wheel self. I was hoping that I get the same Force Feedback with the CSL. 

Herrybo
    Keep in mind that Thrustmaster paid a lot of money to PD to have that wheel branded the official GT Sport wheel, hmm and people are still wondering why the csl isn't supported, maybe thrustmaster doesn't want to lose sales ... also sony have said game devs do not have to include third party peripherals, and for the record my csl works, the oscillation can be dialled  out in the wheel settings and because there is no calibration for the pedals or wheel in gt sport it needs to be done on a pc, 

Mine is Working also Fine, i dont care about the Oszillation, i Love the Wheel, but would be Great to get the Full implemantation, and i think we get it, maybe next 3-4 months.... I think the Csl is better than the Thrustmaster ..........Only want to Tell my story..... (-:
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited January 2018
    Well.....I also wish we customers would be updated about the full implementation plans for GTS ( if there is any plan anyway ).
    Is it only me who gets a better steering feeling now after the latest patch?
    I think the cars feel much better and stable now, better feeling to drive the game. Because there was no improvement over the last months I spent more time with Assetto Corsa or Project Cars2, but coming back to GTS yesterday with the new patch the game itself improved a lot, even with the FANATEC wheel.
    What is the other users impression here? I Would like to hear your comments about that.

I hope there will be a full implementation of the wheel soon, any news would be highly appreciated!
    Thanks!

• Well.....I also wish we customers would be updated about the full implementation plans for GTS ( if there is any plan anyway ).
    Is it only me who gets a better steering feeling now after the latest patch?
    I think the cars feel much better and stable now, better feeling to drive the game. Because there was no improvement over the last months I spent more time with Assetto Corsa or Project Cars2, but coming back to GTS yesterday with the new patch the game itself improved a lot, even with the FANATEC wheel.
    What is the other users impression here? I Would like to hear your comments about that.

I hope there will be a full implementation of the wheel soon, any news would be highly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Full Implementation sounds nice but what thus it mean in a driving sensation way?? The CSL Ps4 has full implementation in PC2, at least that is what the game shows.. It has taken me many weeks tinkering before I had the same (good) feeling that GTS had after the first CSL update in compatible mode.. Does AC recognize the CSL, not to my knowledge but it still drives nice.. Of course some more clarity form Fanatec would be welcome, but if there is no news how many times do they have to repeat it?? The few thousand CSL wheels are oafishly not important enough for GTS to give priority for a patch..

To answer your question, there seems to be more load build-up in the corners since patch 1.09.. And the tyre screeching sounds nice but don’t mean much.. 

• Ps the new Monza in GTS looks different but is nice to drive
  • edited January 2018
    With these settings i have no wheel oszillation. Its very nice to drive:

Pat´s settings:
    Ingame:
    Torque: 8
    Sensivity: 1

Wheelbase:
    SEn: Aut
    FF: 100
    SHo: 100
    ABS: off
    dri: -4
    For: 40
    Spr: 100
    dPr: off
    FEI: 40
  • edited January 2018
    As far as I noticed it's all about DRI and FOR. My settings are close to yours except DRI which is -5 on my wheel and FOR which is 60 in my setup. But I didn't get it in terms of the in-game settings Torque and Sensitivity i.e. what are the best values for these two. So I'll try yours. Thanks for sharing.