Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• I've had the CSL Elite PS4 for a couple of months now and below is what I've found so far.

First step I did of course was install the latest firmware and then went through the calibration of everything (e.g. wheel rotation, pedals, shifter, buttons, etc...)

Now on to the games (all my racing games are only on PS4)

Gran Turismo Sport
    - I ensure that I launch GTS while the wheel is in compatibility mode (mode indicator light = purple)
    - The button assignments are in Logitech G29 layout. All buttons (e.g. square, circle, triangle, cross, R1 to R3, L1 to L3,etc..) work. The UP button (joystick) seem to work (it does the "look back" function). The others (DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT) doesn't seem to do anything.
    - The force feedback gives me the feeling of weight (e.g. when turning the wheel to go around corners) and effect (e.g. when going over curbs or impact with objects). 
    - However, I get no detail while on track (e.g. feeling the flat road surface even when just going in a straight line). The detail when I'm off track is all the same regardless of the surface (e.g. grass, sand, etc...).
    - The known oscillation behaviour is definitely there. It's definitely annoying but not enough that it would prevent me from using it.

Project Cars 2
    - I ensure that I launch PC2 while the wheel is in PS4 mode (mode indicator light = blue)
    - PC2 recognizes it as CSL Elite PS4 wheel and all buttons work.
    - Force feedback feels much better than GTS. I set PC2 force feedback in "Raw" and it's default values. I get a better feeling of weight and effect compared to GTS. I get detail when I'm off the track (e.g. on grass, sand, etc..). 
    - I don't seem to get much detail while on the dry track but not sure if it's PC2 not sending that kind of information or I just happen to be off the track a lot LOL. The few times I've driven on wet track, I do feel when I've lost some grip due to a puddle.

Assetto Corsa
    - I ensure that I launch PC2 while the wheel is in PS4 mode (mode indicator light = blue)
    - AC doesn't seem to recognize it as CSL Elite PS4 wheel and it instead registers as a G29 wheel. So the button assignments are for G29.
    - I have not adjusted the force feedback setting on AC nor on the CSL wheel.
    - Despite in basically default settings, AC definitely gives me the most natural feeling of force feedback (weight, effect and detail). I love how I can feel a completely flat smooth road surface even though I'm just going in a straight line.

I definitely like the CSL Elite PS4 wheel more than my previous Logitech G27. It has the capability to give you excellent force feedback but I think that all depends on what information a game sends it.
  • Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the comment.
    For the joystick function in GTS (Default setting), left is left view, right is right view, down is to look back, up to hide the ghost or make it visible again. Only the push function of the joystick has no function and can't be assigned, at the moment at least.

Regards

• I heard that some have NO FFB while driving on the track. Here's your solution: -Start PS4 directly on the console, so that the controller is not turned on. -Turn on the steering wheel and pair with PD4 -this is what other racers have solved. I do not have the problem myself. KEEP ON RACIN
  • A little bit off topic and a bit unsure where to put this question, but my v3 inverted gas pedal has recently been experiencing some squeaky noise when releasing off the gas pedal. When reading in the online Manual it had said lithium grease to specific spots. So my question is which grease is it. I believe it is the moly lithium grease based off doing a little Google research but I wanted to confirm that before I run to a few stores to find a bottle ect for it to relube my gas pedal to remove the noise without doing any damage to the pedals Jordan Many Thanks P.s I'm still waiting patiently for GTS CSL Full Support :)
  • Jordan FisherJordan Fisher Member
    edited January 2018
    Accidently double posted. Ignore / delete
  • A little bit off topic and a bit unsure where to put this question, but my v3 inverted gas pedal has recently been experiencing some squeaky noise when releasing off the gas pedal. When reading in the online Manual it had said lithium grease to specific spots. So my question is which grease is it. I believe it is the moly lithium grease based off doing a little Google research but I wanted to confirm that before I run to a few stores to find a bottle ect for it to relube my gas pedal to remove the noise without doing any damage to the pedals Jordan Many Thanks P.s I'm still waiting patiently for GTS CSL Full Support :)
    Online chat/support is ideal for questions like these.
    My V3 pedals came with a little bottle of lithium grease. Clutch and brake started squeaking a little after a month or two. Think the issue was in the joints behind the pedal. Put a couple drops there as best as I could and everywhere else that looked like a pivot point. Played PC2 for a while and eventually it worked in and has been fine for awhile now.
  • joe  muisejoe muise Member
    edited February 2018
    Yo armin please stop sending NON replyable emails calling me a liar here are just a few of the emails I have sent and there are another 2 pages so stop telling me I haven't tried
  • Any one know how to get the Clutch to work with GT Sport.  I have the CSL Elite, Clubsport V3 Inverted and Clubsport Shifter SQ.  I shift gears - H pattern - without using the clutch and there is no penalty that I noticed.  I picked manual in driver settings and I also tried cars that I know are stick shift (vs paddle shifter only).
    Thanks
  • Any one know how to get the Clutch to work with GT Sport.  I have the CSL Elite, Clubsport V3 Inverted and Clubsport Shifter SQ.  I shift gears - H pattern - without using the clutch and there is no penalty that I noticed.  I picked manual in driver settings and I also tried cars that I know are stick shift (vs paddle shifter only).
    Thanks
    Because GT Sport is not a real simulation that game also does not feature proper clutch support.
    It is actually correct that you can shift with an H-Shifter without using the clutch in this "game".
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited February 2018
    So funny in GTS about the clutch....I have not tried that because I have no H-shifter. Funny comment: "Because GT Sport is not a real simulation....."!
    PD states "Gran Turismo....the real driving simulation" LoL!
  • Why is GT Sport not a Racing Simulation? I know its not a discussion thread here, but these comments are totally senseless, i have more "RACING" in GT Sport, instead of PC2 and Assetto Corsa. because its Simulating "Racing", if i want to work in a Pit, i use PC2 because i need more time to find a Setup per each Car, instead of RACING.

So, for me its the only RACING SIMLUATION here....

If you talking about the Force Feedback, play with the TM GT, there you can see, that the problem is only the implementation of the wheel and not the game.

• So time flies... Any words from GT Sport team? Fanatec, u must have kept in touch with them, right? Any updates? Thx.
  • Hello everyone,

I'm new here on Fanatec. I would like to buy a Fanatec CSL Elite Racing PS4 and CSP V3 or CSL Elite pedals (bundle with load cell). But I'm not sure because the native implementation of the CSL Elite Racing Steering Wheel is still missing in GT Sport.

I have read all the news here in the thread and am also of the opinion that the purple mode is just a stopgap.

Is there any new information about it? How is it going?

Greetings from Cologne
  • Hello,

Fanatec has taken the CSL Elite Racing PS4 + CSL Elite Pedals Bundle for € 519.90 from the range.  : (((
  • there are also issues in asserto corsa and PC2 on Ps4.. I'm know using T GG Thrustmaster with v3 pedals. All 3 games on Ps4 the force feedback and fidelity is so much better and is a lot quiter than the CSL. instead if fidelling about with settings on the csl elite. u just play and enjoy racing on T GT..
  • That may be for you to meet. But personally, I think the Fanatec equipment is much higher quality. Starting with the steering wheel adoption is made of metal and not plastic. Also I find the steering wheels in particular the Club Sport Edition is incredibly noble. But that's ultimately a matter of taste and not the problem. The problem is Sony!

Personally, I think it's an insolence of Sony to hold Fanatec with a native implementation of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel.
  • Just check the Community page once again. There you will find some great news!!!
  • I was about to buy the bundle CSL Elite Racing PS4 but because the pedals werent on stock I just wanted to wait till they are and now the bundle is non existant :( Will there be an alternative?
  • Does this now work in PS4 (BLUE) mode?
  • Does this now work in PS4 (BLUE) mode?
    Not yet, but according to the blog it should come soon in some of the updates
  • Well I read in the BLOG aswell that the update should come someday. Today was a patch released and still no implementation.
    But I hope it will come soon then.
  • It will come, I'm sure about that.

Sorry for asking that again. But regarding the throttle pedal rumble motor on my V3 pedals I have a question. I found some contradictory posts here whether the motor works in GTS or not. Mine is not working. Just the brake pedal rumble works fine. Any advice...? Testing both rumble motors with the driver control panel on my PC works perfectly fine.

Many thanks in advance!
  • Is it possible that the CSL Elite will not longer supportet in purple mode in GT Sport? Really?

• The Wheel only will be able to use in blue mode without ffb... purple mode is gone - no button reaction or anyone else in this mode now
  • Ralf KnüppelRalf Knüppel Member
    edited February 2018
    a little bit offtopic

- The Fanatec CSL Elite pedals are only available again from the end of February!
    - The PS4 CSL Elite Racing Bundle is no longer available!
    - Only PC and XBox complete packages on offer

I wanted to start PS4 Fanatec Euipment this month. But unfortunately Fanatec does not make my entry easy, due to the above mentioned points.
    Racecockpit is already ordered (Trak Racer RS8 Mach 5) and comes in mid-February and I would then wait 3-4 weeks on the steering wheel and pedals. :(

Would be cool if Fanatec would put together a complete package for the PS4 CSL Elite Wheel with the Club Sport Pedals V3. I would be there immediately;)

And it would be again a PS4 bundle on offer, what would be available!

Greetings from Cologne
  • edited February 2018
    The Wheel only will be able to use in blue mode without ffb... purple mode is gone - no button reaction or anyone else in this mode now

@-) @-) @-)

Are you sure??? You mean the wheel does not work in purple mode anymore???
    If so I would call it a disaster
    !

:-q  :-q  :-q
  • I have restart the wheel several times - in blue mode it works without ffb - in purple ,no reaction - nothing
  • So the most important question is whether the support has been removed accidentally or with intent...?