Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Just wait a bit please. The game is not even out yet. We will make a more detailed statement on or before Wednesday. You might be surprised ;)
    I think this whole situation has gone beyond cryptic messages and Emoji's don't you Thomas? Come on!

We all know your a character unique and quite esentric but given the circumstances I don't think people want to read something like this. 

We'd rather just know the reality instead of one big reveal or "exciting" announcement. I was past caring when it all happened we just want to know where we stand as consumers with our products and our games. Simple as that. 
  • I know it's tough. But there is nothing we can do except avoid Sony products. I have cancelled my preorder for gts. I'm bet I'm not the only one. I am still interested to know if the fanatec team can pull off in a week what Sony and thrustmaster could only achieve in a year with thousands of beta testers. I'll stay tuned.
  • Patch 1.02 is online, 12GB.
    Perhaps CSL E PS4 support is in..*fingers crossed*
  • Patch 1.02? Lol.. like I said before it will be 30 gig worth of updates before we get partial compatability
  • it seems like there is NO CSL E support In version 1.02 either :(
  • Lol. That's more like it Sony.
  • It has always taken m ages to give us GT4, 5...we got prologue, and 6...again prologue, and 7...we get Sport. Why do you guys think this won't take 6 months or so LMFAO. Just being sarcastic guys. I hate it just as much as yall do
  • it seems like there is NO CSL E support In version 1.02 either :(
    Where are you getting this information? Can you link it please?
  • Just calm down and relax. I'm sure Thomas will have some good news for us, tomorrow.
  • I have been looking at possibly purchasing one of your wheels for the PS4 and GT Sport. It seems there is a problem that has not been rectified.

It has been verified that the wheel and buttons do work on the PS4 and with GT Sport so I guess that would fulfill the license terms with Sony and PS4 that the wheel would be compatible.

My question is that why would Polyphonic Digital be required to OPTIMIZE the Fanatec wheel when in fact they have a licensing agreement promoting another brand of wheel that is a direct competitor to this brand? I would be surprised if their licensing contracts with the other brand did not limit what they could do from a legal standpoint as far as promoting a competitor.

In your release you said" are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this".  If this was as you have been pushing to make this sound like a Sony problem or Polyphonic problem why are "YOUR" engineers hard at work if this is not on your end? And who are these partners that are hard at work with you refer to?

Can this be fixed to operate and use all of the advanced features of the wheel as has been advertised by a Fanatec company firmware update if it comes down to Sony or Polyphonic have no legal obligation and will not rectify the current performance issues?

I am really looking forward to some answers and to see how this is handled. Your products really look nice and I am interested in possibly purchasing but will refrain until this is rectified and see what manner it is done as a purchase is just one step in a customer/company relationship but top notch truthful advertising,  product support and customer service make a company where customers feel confident spending their money.

• Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited October 2017
    this is a joke. not even buying the game...

well because they can't get the cswv2 to work in the game anyways and I would have to buy drivehub to give it compatibility on the ps4....

but for you people who bought a ps4 wheel, for this to even be happening is pretty pathetic.  TM is in the bed with sony/poly anyways...but still...corporate bs and corporate greed and it's hurting the consumer.  you all should just play pcars 2, ac, iracing anyways...forget sony and poly.
  • I have been looking at possibly purchasing one of your wheels for the PS4 and GT Sport. It seems there is a problem that has not been rectified.

It has been verified that the wheel and buttons do work on the PS4 and with GT Sport so I guess that would fulfill the license terms with Sony and PS4 that the wheel would be compatible.

My question is that why would Polyphonic Digital be required to OPTIMIZE the Fanatec wheel when in fact they have a licensing agreement promoting another brand of wheel that is a direct competitor to this brand? I would be surprised if their licensing contracts with the other brand did not limit what they could do from a legal standpoint as far as promoting a competitor.

In your release you said" are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this".  If this was as you have been pushing to make this sound like a Sony problem or Polyphonic problem why are "YOUR" engineers hard at work if this is not on your end? And who are these partners that are hard at work with you refer to?

Can this be fixed to operate and use all of the advanced features of the wheel as has been advertised by a Fanatec company firmware update if it comes down to Sony or Polyphonic have no legal obligation and will not rectify the current performance issues?

I am really looking forward to some answers and to see how this is handled. Your products really look nice and I am interested in possibly purchasing but will refrain until this is rectified and see what manner it is done as a purchase is just one step in a customer/company relationship but top notch truthful advertising,  product support and customer service make a company where customers feel confident spending their money.

Maybe you didn't notice the full compatibility of the LOGITECH G29 too? So that's 2 brands ;) So Fanatec, licensed now, should be too.
  • GT Sport is up. Same as with the demo. Pedals, clutch, and shifter are fine but no FFB, only resistance. For one glorious attempt at the first license test the brake pedal even vibrated under ABS which I haven't been able to get it to do in PC2 (anyone know solution?). First time Fanatec customer here (from a G27) and I am blown away by the workmanship and fortunately PC2 has shown me the potential of the setup but I did buy the wheel for GT Sport and hopefully it will eventually be fully supported. I went with Fanatec due to their good customer service reputation and the sketchy quality reports regarding Thrustmaster units. I can wait a while before I freak out, but hopefully there is some good news coming on Wednesday as promised. I, like most, would just like to know when it will be supported, if at all.
  • where will the annoouncement be made ? in this thread ? on homepage for fanatec ? ...was just about to pull trigger on the CSL elite (and pedals and gears) and now i need confirmation that it will have full capability in GTS otherwise not much point really ..please advise ASAP 
  • You'll be seeing it in this tread.
  • Has anyone used the DRIVEHUB to play GT6 on a PS3 while using the Fanatec PS4 wheel, V3 pedals, shifter and 1.5 handbrake ( which I have purchased recently) and if so what is it like? I was quite happy using the Logitech G25 on PS3 and sure it would be an even better experience controlled with FANATEC.
    While my original intention was to build up my sim to play GT SPORT I'm more inclined to stick with GT6 and see what happens in another 5 years when Polyphony get their act together and the PS5 will be out. Personally I'm getting enough pleasure playing Project Cars 1 and 2, F1 2017 to feel my investment in Fanatec was worthwhile. I'm sure most of us would like to see the next gen PSVR headsets with OLED 4k HDR ( and not PS2 visuals ) but perhaps we are being unrealistic and have to leave Sony and go down the PC route?
    Lets wait and see what Thomas announces but POLYPHONY and SONY have put profits before  the customer while FANATEC are giving us high quality kit and at an affordable price.
  • GT Sport is up. Same as with the demo. Pedals, clutch, and shifter are fine but no FFB, only resistance. For one glorious attempt at the first license test the brake pedal even vibrated under ABS which I haven't been able to get it to do in PC2 (anyone know solution?). First time Fanatec customer here (from a G27) and I am blown away by the workmanship and fortunately PC2 has shown me the potential of the setup but I did buy the wheel for GT Sport and hopefully it will eventually be fully supported. I went with Fanatec due to their good customer service reputation and the sketchy quality reports regarding Thrustmaster units. I can wait a while before I freak out, but hopefully there is some good news coming on Wednesday as promised. I, like most, would just like to know when it will be supported, if at all.

Quote Blake.

I know this is not the correct place bau i've not found the correct place.

Any solution (maybe a PJC2 patch ?) for brake pedal rumble motor not working on PJC2 ?

Gas pedal rumble pedal works great...

Thank you guys

Luca

• The rumble is just really light it's easy to miss and the brake has to be locked with full pressure
  • Has anyone used the DRIVEHUB to play GT6 on a PS3 while using the Fanatec PS4 wheel, V3 pedals, shifter and 1.5 handbrake ( which I have purchased recently) and if so what is it like? I was quite happy using the Logitech G25 on PS3 and sure it would be an even better experience controlled with FANATEC.
    Well... It ain't gonna be better. Cause Fanatec ps4 base is gonna be seen as a g25 or g27. Even the CSW V2 base, wich I had, in ps3 mode emulates a g25/27. But there are button issues with that one, NOT with DriveHub as far as I know, and I've already reported that to Fanatec. It's a fw issue later then 204, for V2 bases.
  • Guys there's a new driver for de CSL Elite did any one of you test it or know what's new? in my job and have to wait at final of the day to upgrade my wheel, will appreciate hear someone opinion about it.

Regards, 
  • Guys there's a new driver for de CSL Elite did any one of you test it or know what's new? in my job and have to wait at final of the day to upgrade my wheel, will appreciate hear someone opinion about it.

Regards, 
    What firmware are you speaking of? There was one released a few weeks ago which added in the FEI setting but I upgraded firmware again due to issues with my BMW GT2 rim on Sunday and the firmware was the same. 

Regards, 
    Driver 293 works with GT Sport I believe.
  • v293 is new as of today. To bad I'm already at work and have to wait 8 hours to see what if anything it does for GTS compatibility.

-J
  • Purple mode is working in driveclub and ps4 menu now, bought GTS digital so i can not test now...
    Firmware 335

• If so guys some of us will have to apologize, at the end Thomas promises at the launch day the problem will be solve. Justin lets see if one of the guys give us some light after we get home.
  • If so guys some of us will have to apologize, at the end Thomas promises at the launch day the problem will be solve. Justin lets see if one of the guys give us some light after we get home.
    Cautiously optimistic.

-J
  • You have to be in PS4 compatibility mode
    We're not apologising to anyone. Let's be honest here this situation should never have occured under any circumstances and the fact the community were never told until people started to bring it up prior to and during the demo is poor professionalism and something that can't be just excused. 

I'm hopeful a solution will be made but under no circumstances will I be apologising for this whole situation. 
  • Jonathan, 

Understand that some of us get mad for not be able of playing the GTS demo but at the end FANATEC CAN'T CONTROL this part, but you have reason in the way FANATEC have manage the situation to much suspense............
  • The Release of GTS is tomorrow. If this Update solve the problem there is no broken promise by thomas or fanatec......