Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• For you guys that are already playing GTS with the new firmware please keep the settings recommendations coming.
  • edited October 2017
    ——-
  • Guys, just keep calm. We all know this is a temporary fix. As soon as PD implemented the Fanatec SDK all will be good and we can use the ps4 racing wheel again to its full potential.
  • Guys, just keep calm. We all know this is a temporary fix. As soon as PD implemented the Fanatec SDK all will be good and we can use the ps4 racing wheel again to its full potential.
    IF Pd implemented the Fanatec SDK....
  • So far so good. Let's wait for the final solution.
  • It'll all be good, I know it will. If Thomas can get Sony and possibly Logitech this far to emulate a g29... Things will turn out right for us.
  • Guys this come from the GTPlanet CSL Elite thread from the FANATEC guy:

We are still waiting for some approvals so this is why we cannot give out a reliable date yet. Of course we aim to be available in the US before Project Cars II is available.

I just can say that it will be worth the wait. We also have not less than four new steering wheels coming up which will be compatible to the CSL Racing Wheel. Two of them are in the more affordable CSL product range.

So one of those could be a formula style.
  • Link to that???

• edited October 2017
    This is just My opinion I'm Not Looking to debate.

Many of you Now owe Thomas/Fanatec a very sincere apology X_X

Thomas/Fanatec work very hard to bring to us Top Tier Sim Racing Gear at a Reasonable price...There is No other Sim gear at this price point that even comes Close to what Fanatec makes...Fanatec Gear even holds it own against Sim Gear that cost Much Much More!!!

Fanatec is a Business that has been around for more than a few years!!! Thomas/Fanatec is Not out to take our $$$ and deliver to us nothing or fall short on Features/Compatibility that they advertise...This whole Sony debacle was and is Sony's sole fault!!! I ran to buy a PS4 when Sony said that the CSW v2 and older wheels would work!!! after Sony sold enough PS4 units Sony just simply changed the rules and slammed the door so that older wheels will Not work anymore ~X( so yes i too feel the pain of being shafted but you have to put the blame where it belongs.

I have been with Fanatec since 2010 on the old web site those that been around long enough remember because its the same thing over and over again --> any time shipments are delayed or product dead lines get pushed back the web site turns into a Lynch Mobb ~X( This is why Thomas/Fanatec stopped giving us estimated release dates and updated info on product time lines....I for 1 love Fanatec gear and I really appreciate Thomas/Fanatec efforts to give us the best product at reasonable prices.

Loyalty is not the amount of $$$ you spend -->Truth: I have about $3500+ in Fanatec gear alone so does that mean i should be treated special??? Loyalty is the support that you show when things don't seem to be going the way you want them to.

So Now after All the raging Thomas/Fanatec delivered what was promised =D> Kudos and cheers to Thomas and the Fanatec team \m/

I don't think i have read 1 apology yet for all the miss placed rage that has been posted X_X

again this is just My opinion so No Need to debate.
  • Well anyway they say not me,  :D.
  • Well anyway they say not me,  :D.
    We already have got 2...so..
  • This is just My opinion I'm Not Looking to debate.

Many of you Now owe Thomas/Fanatec a very sincere apology X_X

Thomas/Fanatec work very hard to bring to us Top Tier Sim Racing Gear at a Reasonable price...There is No other Sim gear at this price point that even comes Close to what Fanatec makes...Fanatec Gear even holds it own against Sim Gear that cost Much Much More!!!

Fanatec is a Business that has been around for more than a few years!!! Thomas/Fanatec is Not out to take our $$$ and deliver to us nothing or fall short on Features/Compatibility that they advertise...This whole Sony debacle was and is Sony's sole fault!!! I ran to buy a PS4 when Sony said that the CSW v2 and older wheels would work!!! after Sony sold enough PS4 units Sony just simply changed the rules and slammed the door so that older wheels will Not work anymore ~X( so yes i too feel the pain of being shafted but you have to put the blame where it belongs.

I have been with Fanatec since 2010 on the old web site those that been around long enough remember because its the same thing over and over again --> any time shipments are delayed or product dead lines get pushed back the web site turns into a Lynch Mobb ~X( This is why Thomas/Fanatec stopped giving us estimated release dates and updated info on product time lines....I for 1 love Fanatec gear and I really appreciate Thomas/Fanatec efforts to give us the best product at reasonable prices.

Loyalty is not the amount of $$$ you spend -->Truth: I have about $3500+ in Fanatec gear alone so does that mean i should be treated special??? Loyalty the support that you show when things don't seem to be going the way you want them to.

So Now after All the raging Thomas/Fanatec delivered what was promised =D> Kudos and cheers to Thomas and the Fanatec team \m/

I don't think i have read 1 apology yet for all the miss placed rage that has been posted X_X

again this is just My opinion so No Need to debate.
    +1
  • For. Anyone else in doubt. Quoted from Thomas on page 1: UPDATE GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Due to time constraints, Polyphony was not yet able to fully implement our wheel in the controller options menu but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware 293 on your wheel. This firmware has a revised compatibility mode which now adds compatibility to: GT Sports F1 2016 WRC6 DriveClub Polyphony assured us that they will fully implement our wheel and that they are working on it. In the meantime you can already enjoy the game with the compatibility mode. Please let us know your preferred Tuning settings for the new games.
  • So with this news, what we need to focus on now is testing the title collectively in compatibility mode, collate our thoughts both positive and negative, then categorise them give a brief explanation as to the consensus behind each category for example to help them further develop for when the developers fully integrate the wheel. 

May I suggest a separate topic for that? I think this one is closed now based upon what we've found out and should only be used for Thomas to give us a final update when the wheel is fully integrated. But the time is now for us to test and feedback like with the FEI settings topic when that was introduced. 

Maybe someone could collate all the findings and contexulise it for Fanatec? 
  • Just want to thank Thomas for the update and for ensuring support for the CSL Elite. Very much appreciated.
  • Interesting. I see you need to put the Elite into CSW V2 mode. Does this mean a CSW V2 wheel will work also?
  • Lorrell Waddell, you know how people are now.  They should apologize, but most people won't.  Thomas is doing an awesome job with FANATEC!  This hiccup had nothing to do with Fanatec, it was all on Sony/Polyphony Digital.  But the CSL Elite PS4 IS working with full ForceFeedback in Gran Turismo Sport.  Download the latest Firmware 335, go to Compatibility mode Purple and have fun.  Alls well that ends well.
  • edited October 2017
    Interesting. I see you need to put the Elite into CSW V2 mode. Does this mean a CSW V2 wheel will work also?
    It mimics a Logitech g29. I've already tested on pcars2 So that will also mean that pcars 1 will see it as a g29 in stead of the good old V2 base.
  • Thanks so much 

Thomas Jackermeier

• Hi everyone. I need help. I am trying to update my CSL elite ps4 wheel with the last firmware but it does not work. It says there is a problem when I connect it to the computer. Any help about what are the steps I need to follow to update and play GT sport with force feedback? 
    Thanks in advance.

• Thank You so much Thomas Jackermeier. BRAVO!
    Though not a perfect solution it is a very much appreciated. It also confirms, for me atleast, that FANATEC is 100% commited to their customers unlike some other companies. Thomas promised a fix by launch day and he delivered! 
    The way this was achieved tells me you guys had no help from Sony of PD. Which isn't surprising because those guys are in bed with Thrusmaster and right now they are pushing that plastic pile of crap they call the T-GT flagship wheel.
    So I may have gone on a little rant on the PlayStation/GT Sport Forums...
    my PS handle is ZenRazo.

• Mofos Deleted my post....
    The truth hurts I Guess! 
  • edited October 2017
    Was using dh. To make my csl e work on gt sport then saw there was a firmware update that essentially does the same as it cool. But my issue is no matter what settings I used the ffb felt stupid heavy and showed all the signs of massive clipping( dh performance was identical for reference) anyone else experiencing this. Maybe I'm just spoiled coming from Assetto on PC, where the wheel performance blows me away.
  • sean pirtlesean pirtle Member
    edited October 2017
    UPDATE: You have to change the mode BEFORE you get into a game for it to work. DriveClub and DirtRally work great now, with FFB too!
    ---------
    Paddles in DriveClub don't shift gears, but change the view. Changing to the purple mode disconnects the wheel, and hitting the PS4 button resets the controller back to PS4 mode. Am I missing something with the new driver?
  • edited October 2017
    Hi everyone. I need help. I am trying to update my CSL elite ps4 wheel with the last firmware but it does not work. It says there is a problem when I connect it to the computer. Any help about what are the steps I need to follow to update and play GT sport with force feedback? 
    Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you're using the correct driver file? If you click on windows button, on your pc, and click SYSTEM, then you'll see if you need the 32bit or 64 bit file. Install the correct driver version, when deleted the old one, restart your pc. Than hook up the wheel, set it I pc mode, red led light. Open de Fanatec program, update tab, connect... Than light of base starts flikkering red and purple. Than click on flash firmware and it should update. Use manual or quick manual to see how tot calibrate and you're done.
  • Mofos Deleted my post....
    The truth hurts I Guess! 
    Like they always do. You're lucky you didn't get banned...
  • I can't figure out how to update this damn CSL Elite. I read the instructions but my game controller properties looks absolutely nothing like what was shown. I only have 2 tabs:test and settings. There is no other tabs and no update button. It doesn't even show the picture of the wheel like the instructions do. It only shows axis 2 rows of buttons with only numbers on them and the joystick point of view.
  • Hi everyone. I need help. I am trying to update my CSL elite ps4 wheel with the last firmware but it does not work. It says there is a problem when I connect it to the computer. Any help about what are the steps I need to follow to update and play GT sport with force feedback? 
    Thanks in advance.

Try every USB Port

Thanks to Fanatec!