Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• The Release of GTS is tomorrow. If this Update solve the problem there is no broken promise by thomas or fanatec......
    It's today here in the states. The digital version is up and the disks are sitting in my mailbox. Already delivered by Amazon.

-J
  • Jonathan, 

Understand that some of us get mad for not be able of playing the GTS demo but at the end FANATEC CAN'T CONTROL this part, but you have reason in the way FANATEC have manage the situation to much suspense............
    This isn't about the demo, it's about the principals to which have been used throughout this whole process and that's where the issues lie. Whether companies can control things or not we as consumers who are buying products on false pretences in this case deserve to know whats happening with our products that we've paid for.

Suspense doesn't bother me I don't care what infuriates me most is how the whole situation has been dealt with and handled. It's extremely unprofessional, false advertising to which people then purchased the CSL off the guaranteed of full integration and then to still be left as we are is totally unacceptable and shows where the priorities lie for companies when it comes to there client base.

The situation should serve as an example instead of people on here excusing the whole situation should we get the product to work as expected. 
  • Maybe you didn't notice the full compatibility of the LOGITECH G29 too? So that's 2 brands ;) So Fanatec, licensed now, should be too.
    Logitech has a working relationship with Polyphony that spans over many editions of Gran Turismo and at one time was the "Official" wheel of the Gran Turismo series. Being a licensed PS4 product has nothing to do with a game manufacturer optimizing their game to promote the effects of the hardware or firmware a manufacturer may be using. That is something that is between the game maker and each individual brand it chooses to initiate the optimizing for along with any legal contracts from product licensing agreements that the game manufacturer may have entered into.

At this point and time the Fanatec product totally works as the wheel and buttons perform their correct functions, that in my opinion would from a legal standpoint fulfill the "license " requirements.

So why would the also 3rd party Logitech G29 being fully compatible have anything to do with whether the Fanatec branded products using different hardware and implementing different software also be able to obtain full compatibility? The only brand I have seen or heard of Polyphonic Digital actually promoting for this edition of GTS is the new Thrustmaster  products.

I think the products look very nice and I think that some of the features they have implemented into the product line are a step above but I am not liking the way that the current owners of the products are being given such vague answers that really answer nothing after the advertising for the products guaranteed the products to be supported.

I currently am considering upgrading and from a g29 as a matter of a fact which you are right performs well and is fully supported with the GTS game.

I have no doubt that the Fanatec products are much higher quality than my g29 and the prices reflect that difference. That quality is why I am interested in an upgrade but regardless of how nicely the product is made or looks if it cannot outperform a product that cost 1/3rd of its price on the system and the game its purchase is mainly intended for then what is the point of the upgrade and expenditure of money?

As each day passes and and there are not any clear answers or reasons given to the the current owners that have already spent their hard earned dollars on products that have thus far not lived up to the advertising put out by the company the less chance that I will choose to spend my money on their products. I know if I had of already bought and spent hundreds of dollars the "keep waiting for our response or solution" would not be ample response.
  • Purple mode is working in driveclub and ps4 menu now, bought GTS digital so i can not test now...
    Firmware 335

Well? Good news?
  • "the H Pattern shifter THRUS... TH8A is not recognized properly"

Do you think that they are aware about our Fanatec wheel compatibility issues
    :))

http://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

Just to improve the atmosphere, Thomas and the team will find a solution for sure.
  • So the ffb and revs are compatible in Purple Mode now.
  • "the H Pattern shifter THRUS... TH8A is not recognized properly"

Do you think that they are aware about our Fanatec wheel compatibility issues
    :))

http://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/news/00_1887594.html

Just to improve the atmosphere, Thomas and the team will find a solution for sure.

I think the solution for now is, upgrade your firmware and play GTS in purple compatibility mode.

• I tested it for a Minute
  • The good is, Driveclub, F1 2016 and WRC6 are working now, too. With FFB and LEDs
  • This solution only comes from fanatec. Sony and Polyphony totally ignoring fanatec customers. Really ridicoulus....
  • edited October 2017
    The good is, Driveclub, F1 2016 and WRC6 are working now, too. With FFB and LEDs
    Are you sure? That would be a very obliging 'excuse' for this issue here. Well done Fanatec! At least in terms of the final solution.   

One last questeion: So the Fanatec firmware update lead to the CSL wheel will be displayed here in the controllers options screen or is it recognized as a G29???
  • So the Fanatec firmware update lead to the CSL wheel will be displayed here in the controller options screen?
    Nope
  • edited October 2017
    Wir können ja deutsch reden. Das ganze geht wohl nur von fanatec aus. Ob sony oder Polyphony sich noch rühren steht auf einem anderen Blatt.
  • Maybe they changed the V2 compatibility to G29  ;))
  • edited October 2017

So the Fanatec firmware update lead to the CSL wheel will be displayed here in the controller options screen?
    Nope
    That's what I expected. So it's some kind of a 'G29' emulation or what?

• So the Fanatec firmware update lead to the CSL wheel will be displayed here in the controller options screen?
    Nope
    So it's some kind of a 'G29' emulation or what?
    I think so
  • Can you adjust any wheel settings from in game?  Through the G29 pane on the controller settings page? 
  • edited October 2017

This...
    You have to be in PS4 compatibility mode
    ...is somehow contradictory to...
    Kai Winter said:
    I think the solution for now is, upgrade your firmware and play GTS in purple compatibility mode.
    Or am I wrong?
  • Justin GayJustin Gay Member
    edited October 2017

This...

Kai Winter said:
    Or am I wrong?

This...

Kai Winter said:
    Or am I wrong?

There are three modes. Red == PC. Blue == PS4. Purple == Compatibility Mode for PS3/Older PS4 racing games that supported Fanatec CSW V1 and V2 wheels. 
  • edited October 2017
    There are three modes. Red == PC.  Blue == PS4. Purple == Compatibility Mode for PS3/Older PS4 racing games that supported Fanatec CSW V1 and V2 wheels. 
    Yes, I know. But one of the post above says I have to run the wheel in purple mode whereas the others says it has to be in PS4 mode (i.e. blue).
    So 'Blue' just for GTS, right?
  • The good is, Driveclub, F1 2016 and WRC6 are working now, too. With FFB and LEDs
    Drive club works? I'll be testing that tonight. It's weird because them made it clear that would not work.
  • my preorder of gts has downloaded a updated version this afternoon any body know about this?

• Wir können ja deutsch reden. Das ganze geht wohl nur von fanatec aus. Ob sony oder Polyphony sich noch rühren steht auf einem anderen Blatt.
    No you're not allowed to speak any other language as English ;)
  • Okay no german :)>-
  • my preorder of gts has downloaded a updated version this afternoon any body know about this?

1.2? Only bug fixes
  • Can anyone else confirm this drive club thing? I mean is the force feedback and rev lights working? What about the clutch and shifter. If so all will be forgiven. If they got that working then gts is just a matter of time.

1.2? Only bug fixes
    yes,oh well looks like a bit of a wait then
  • So, mit der neuen Firmware läuft das FFB im Lila-Modus. Da aber unter Optionen im Spiel das csl nach wie vor nicht zu finden ist, ist die richtige Einstellung etwas schwierig, zumindest hab ich noch nichts Ordentliches gefunden. Einstellungen daher über die Base, FF muss man dabei etwas runterdrehen. Im Übrigen Lenkrad schön festhalten, sonst oszilliert das Ganze. Aber wie gesagt, es geht soweit; um Längen besser als vorher. Ansonsten doch sehr arcadig das Ganze und mit Pcars kaum zu vergleichen.
  • English only please Matthias!
  • Announcement:

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
    Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "