Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• edited November 2017
    i guys .. 

purchased a csw 2.5 1 week ago... but i noticed a strange behavior. 

When i steering hard to the right, the wheel bouncing :|... is this a normal behavior ?..

a video from my google drive

When i open the package i noticed a scratch on the bottom of the wheel base :(... seems that this base was opened from another person and returned to fanatec and reselled without any quality control :(. even i have returned a pedals v3 but not opening the box :(.

take a look the base in action.

Here some images of the scratches on the wheel base.

screws already opened on the table clamp v2

and a probably defect on one of the fixing screw of the table clamp v2

i hope all this goods are FREE of defects ... anyway i have pay ( for new ) not semi used items.

what you think ?... i have return it ?.

try to write to Thomas but probably i never get a reply.

it's not a critic ... be clear... just to know if a item is used or not and if the warranty is valid at this point.

i have contacting Thomas directly because seems a really good person... put the face on everything and i have trust in him.
  • 2nd post in this forum

I never had this type of devices, although I really like racing games I always played them with a controller.

I was initially waiting for a csl elite ps4 black friday deal after taking my time looking into what the market has to offer and eventually was set to fanatec. 

since we did not have one black friday on the csl elite ps4, I thought about it and bought the clubsport v3i pedals to go with a clubsport v2.5 wheel base and the clubsport steering wheel gt.

so, to give some ease on my mind, I just want to be sure I have everything to start playing gt sport (I also ordered a drivehub for the ps4 compatibility). 

does this product code also includes the universal hub or do I have to buy it in separate? sorry for this basic question but since the website is having some problems and yesterday I just rushed through all the crashes I just want to be sure I will be able to play once the order arrives. also, it is being hard for me to load the pages again to check for myself.

ClubSport Steering Wheel GTProcessingCSW RGTX
    EDIT: I would also appreciate a recommendation on a stable wheel stand that can accommodate the v3i. (no need for a premium model). I have the gt omega pro (more or less 150 euros) under my eye but I do not seem to find if it is compatible with the fanatec pedals.

Hi Cesar, 

First this configuration is super strong did you use to play PC games or have it in mind in a near future..... Because you are going with a hardware for a heavy Sim Racer just for play GT Sport, if the case is just play GT Sport I will get the CLS PS4 no need of drivehub and if you don't know the CLS motor and electronics are the same of the CSW with different gear configuration less FF but much quick, so in my opinion if you're not going into PC world  buy a CLS PS4
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Been trying the whole day to order the McLaren wheel and CSW QR, but have not succeeded yet.

In the meantime a question for Thomas popped up in my mind:

is this wheel going to have a successor in the Podium range, or is this it ? I did want a GT3 style wheel for a long time, but I''m also waiting for the Podium DD base. If there is going to be an 'upgraded' Podium series GT3 wheel, I'd better save my money, skip on the CSL and wait a few more months... some info if you please...
    The McLaren will work fine with the DD if you use the CS QR. We do plan more steering wheels but I cannot say anything at this point.
    Is this “new” adapter on the Mclaren require any additional parts to attach to a v2? I quite like the original method but just want to be sure I can use it out of the box.
    The standard QR system will work perfectly fine with your wheel base

Just ordered the v3 Inverted, CSL Elite bundle and the new F1 rim and and after checkout given a shipping data for February! How can I get my order changed  so that wheels/pedals arrive in the next week? 
    We will make separate shipments in any case and will not let you wait
    @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Sorry, but that can‘t be the policy of a serious company
    If you want to pay later you need to select pre-payment as payment method
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Hey Thomas,

Is support around on the weekend? I sent a question about a modification to my order. Didn't notice the Clubsport Quick Release until after I placed my Mclaren order and would like to add it avoiding paying shipping for 2 separate items.
  • @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Why not?? Maybe you should've read the terms and conditions before you buy something of a company you don't know.. Don't worry, I’ve been a clint of Fanatec sins 2013 and never had a complaint.. Good stuff for a reasonable price.. 

• Looking at the McLaren wheel. In the compatability tab it shows the clubsport quick release. Does that mean you need to add this @ 99 euro to get this rim to fit a v2 base?

You don't need it for the csl elite ps4 but I think it would be worth it. Thats why I got the F1 rim, it comes with it.
  • randall said:
    I was disapointed the Mclaren rim didn't come with the quick release so I ordered the F1 fanatic wheel for the csl elite ps4, 218$ instead of 296$, no brainer. I can't wait that long lol!

I think that from a business point of view It’s the right choice of Fanatec, for € 172 I couldn’t resist and ordered the McLaren gt3 rim.. At € 280 I would have had my doubts.. 

• @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Did You get your receipt, if so You have nothing to worry about. If I pre-order a game I pay up front. Some times there is limited quantity and if You don't pay up front  and then cancel, You are stopping someone else from pre-ordering. This is business as usual .
  • i guys .. 

When i steering hard to the right, the wheel bouncing :|... is this a normal behavior ?..

When i open the package i noticed a scratch on the bottom of the wheel base :(... seems that this base was opened from another person and returned to fanatec and reselled without any quality control :(. even i have returned a pedals v3 but not opening the box :(.

i hope all this goods are FREE of defects ... anyway i have pay ( for new ) not semi used items.

it's not a critic ... be clear... just to know if a item is used or not and if the warranty is valid at this point.

i have contacting Thomas directly because seems a really good person... put the face on everything and i have trust in him.
    Everyone quote this until someone from Fanatec gets hold of Him.
  • edited November 2017
    To Randall

thank you for your help and attention :).

i really think that things like this "can happens" in a great company with obviously a return policy... and be clear.. i have completely trust in Thomas and Fanatec...

but guys... please...  pay MORE attention to NOT compromise an experience for customers... 

hope someone reply to this situation.
  • randall said:
    i guys .. 

i guys .. 

I can here your sincerity and know you mean well. And I'm sure Fanatec will respond quickly, just trying to help speed up process!!!
  • Thomas,

Di you send the GT3 Rim to any youtuber for a review? If yes which one

Regards
  • When will they be coming out with a better wheelbase for the PlayStation 4 like the clubsport version 2.5 they have for the Xbox One? Podium series? I would purchase right now.

• it's not a critic ... be clear... just to know if a item is used or not and if the warranty is valid at this point.

I can here your sincerity and know you mean well. And I'm sure Fanatec will respond quickly, just trying to help speed up proce////

-------------------------------------------------

Can you please stop spamming, this is a blog, as far as I know there is a different procedure for complaints or defects..

randall said:

Randal

please stop spamming the blog with this. This blog is not the right place to post technical problems or to get in contact with us.

Danilo

Please use the contact form on our website and contact our technical support. It is weeend but they will certainly reply to you next week.

I looked at the video and cannot see anything abnormal or something which would bother you during driving. Please do not perform totally irrelevant tests with the wheel. In fact I can already tell you that the wheel is also not waterproof and you should not put it in the microwave. ;)
    I can also not see any signs of usage of the products on the material you posted.

Please wait for the response of our support team and if you are not satisfied you are welcome to return the products.
  • Have the wheel prices in the BF sale suddenly gone up by €50 today?

• Hi Cesar, 

First this configuration is super strong did you use to play PC games or have it in mind in a near future..... Because you are going with a hardware for a heavy Sim Racer just for play GT Sport, if the case is just play GT Sport I will get the CLS PS4 no need of drivehub and if you don't know the CLS motor and electronics are the same of the CSW with different gear configuration less FF but much quick, so in my opinion if you're not going into PC world  buy a CLS PS4
    Hello Philips,

Thanks for your reply. regarding what you said, yes, I will probably invest in a nice gpu for my pc to play in VR with the fanatec gear. 2018 I would say, in the mean time I play gtsport which is one of my favorite games since gt3 on the ps2. the way I see it, I will always play gt on playstation, that is why I also ordered drivehub (in hope it will work with ps5).

anyway, regarding both doubts I have, I was already able to read the product description and I will be fine with the items I ordered.

any reccomendations on a good wheel stand that is compatible with the v3i?
  • Looking at the McLaren wheel. In the compatability tab it shows the clubsport quick release. Does that mean you need to add this @ 99 euro to get this rim to fit a v2 base?

Exactly the answer I’m looking for. I only saw the image in the brochure, not the top images so I only saw the QR. But now I’m wondering about that Allen wrench... maybe the rim comes with both?
  • edited November 2017
    randall said:

Randal

please stop spamming the blog with this. This blog is not the right place to post technical problems or to get in contact with us.

Danilo

Please use the contact form on our website and contact our technical support. It is weeend but they will certainly reply to you next week.

I looked at the video and cannot see anything abnormal or something which would bother you during driving. Please do not perform totally irrelevant tests with the wheel. In fact I can already tell you that the wheel is also not waterproof and you should not put it in the microwave. ;)
    I can also not see any signs of usage of the products on the material you posted.

Please wait for the response of our support team and if you are not satisfied you are welcome to return the products.
    HI Mr. Thomas :).

Mr. Thomas... before "disturb" your support team.. i only ask to ( your ) community , that have more experience than me on your products.. ( IF... ) the behavior of the wheel base is "normal" ... and in fact, your community tells me ( Yes, it's normal ...) 

i not invented any inconsistent exotic tests to put a negative spotlight on your products... and i continue to make my review and preview on your products on all my channels and blogs...i have buyed it because i trust in ( you ) your company and your products... they feels great.. feels consistent and accurate.. feels like a ( real thing ) and not a mainstream product assembled with premium materials ... 
    the products you produce and offer are clearly premium in all.

i see you on youtube and for me you are a great person...is your person that tells me ( ok , buy it ). leave me a little bit sad a reply like "if you don't like it ... return it..."  ... but ok , no problem even on this... 

i can return all set ?... yes, i can... but are 4 package at 48.70 euros each... and i'm falling in love with your products and don't want they leave my room for any reason... it's about 30 years that i search a products like this... and trust me... i've tried "everything" on this planet... ( even ) some of DD wheels that are completely ( lifeless ) even with 30nm of torque and I thing you understand what I'm talking about.

Mr. Thomas ... i don't have any intention to offend you or your product/company in any way... really i like your products,  it's only my first time, again, the products are the best i've tried in 29 years of gaming and sims..... no doubt on this... but the usage is evident... screws box already open .... is a clear sign of usage .. if fact, i can tell you that i can't find any gremlins popping out of the box and no strange Smigol that use screws inside the package before i open it in my house...

the wheel base is clearly USED.. have SCRATCH on it at the bottom and the image posted speak clearly... obviously some scratches can't influenced in anyway a driving experience... but the issues remain.. is clearly used and reselled... 

If a Porsche that cost about 270k euros tell you that a scratch on the seat or glass CAN'T compromise your driving experience, what you do ?..

this is not a problem if i'm covered by the warranty... i can't test this wheel base right now because i'm without pedals but,  your warranty policy is clear on this 

Upon receipt, the customer must inspect the goods immediately for flaws, condition and quality. In the case of apparent flaws, these must be reported to us in writing within 10 days after their discovery, the same is valid for latent defects. Otherwise the guarantee for these defects does not apply.

The guarantee is for 24 months after shipment.

I only do what your policies for warranty suggests...

Also, don't understand what microwave you are referred to or how a waterproof fits in this discussion. i'm not a ( RacingGirl.. just to be clear )...

to be clear your products are awesome... near to perfect. 

ask to your sales team.. when i have purchased the base... i ask if is possible to have it SIGNED BY "The Ceo Thomas"... i really respect you Mr. Thomas.

Thank you for your direct interests and reply, for me this is important because i think that you are a great person and sincerely passionate about Racing in general.

Anyway Mr. Thomas... no problem... your tone is clear than enough... i don't want any further support on this... and i give you my sincerely excuse if in anyway i offend you or your company. Hope to meet you in person at some expo/events or on tracks, and give you my excuse by person.

Sincerely,

Thanks.

• This is becoming a joke, I placed my order 1 hour after the sale started for the V3i and the system took my money, but like support told me don't worry as you will have an order confirmation soon. I have been told by FB and also support email that your order will be updated with order info soon. 

Here I am looking at these items sold out, and money has been taken from my account and I still have zero confirmation or email about my order that they say is received. It's really simple. Do you have my order or not?

The customer service in this company is horrible. It was easy for you to take my money so why can't it be easy to give me a order confirmation?

Please someone respond since email and FB is a dead send since the issue started. 
  • edited November 2017
    This is becoming a joke, I placed my order 1 hour after the sale started for the V3i and the system took my money, but like support told me don't worry as you will have an order confirmation soon. I have been told by FB and also support email that your order will be updated with order info soon. 

Here I am looking at these items sold out, and money has been taken from my account and I still have zero confirmation or email about my order that they say is received. It's really simple. Do you have my order or not?

The customer service in this company is horrible. It was easy for you to take my money so why can't it be easy to give me a order confirmation?

Please someone respond since email and FB is a dead send since the issue started. 
    i can guarantee you.. that if you have payed the order you receive the order.. don't worry...
    i put the order on 24 @ 14.50 circa.. and have a confirmation today 25 @ 20.53.

please understand that... 

in Black friday the transaction are really huge and placing an order is a delicate thing when thousands of order arrives at the same time every seconds.. the orders have to be verified with the warehouse for availability and the waiting for pay methods verification and carrier for shipments... it's not simple... servers technology can have some delay... sometime by hours.. sometime by 2/3 days.. but trust me.. you have your order in your pocket. :).

i'm an informtion technology specialist and engineer and know really well this aspects and topics.

really :) don't worry :)... this company makes great products and i think that you not regret on it.
  • Hello Fanatec team, I just bought the V3i pedals, the shifter and the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4. I placed a second order for the new McLaren wheel and the new QR adapter because I thought otherwise I have to wait until February to receive everything. Now i read that you will send two packages anyways even when you put everything in one order. Because I placed two orders I paid more money for shipping. Is there any way to get back that extra paid money? That would seem fair for people who placed two orders instead of one. Also regarding the QR adapter. As I understood it, it will make your CSL Elite wheel QR ready right? After I install the adapter, will i still be able to use the standard wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4? Under compatibility you only list the new McLaren GT3 Wheel, that’s why I am asking. Thanks in advance for your answers.
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited November 2017
    Still asking this:

"Should I make separate order about GT3-wheel? If I combine it with something else, do I still get that other thing right away and GT3 when it's available or both in February?"
  • This is becoming a joke, I placed my order 1 hour after the sale started for the V3i and the system took my money, but like support told me don't worry as you will have an order confirmation soon. I have been told by FB and also support email that your order will be updated with order info soon. 

i can guarantee you.. that if you have payed the order you receive the order.. don't worry...
    i put the order on 24 @ 14.50 circa.. and have a confirmation today 25 @ 20.53.

please understand that... 

in Black friday the transaction are really huge and placing an order is a delicate thing when thousands of order arrives at the same time every seconds.. the orders have to be verified with the warehouse for availability and the waiting for pay methods verification and carrier for shipments... it's not simple... servers technology can have some delay... sometime by hours.. sometime by 2/3 days.. but trust me.. you have your order in your pocket. :).

i'm an informtion technology specialist and engineer and know really well this aspects and topics.

really :) don't worry :)... this company makes great products and i think that you not regret on it.
    Prior to that did you also not see the order in your account? It's just frustrating how they do not respond to issues like this. Money has been taken from the account, but still no email or order history in my account. 
  • edited November 2017

Still asking this:

"Should I make separate order about GT3-wheel? If I combine it with something else, do I still get that other thing right away and GT3 when it's available or both in February?"

Thomas said even if you put it in one order he will send out the other things before February. So one order is enough. I didn’t know that und placed two orders unfortunately...
  • edited November 2017
    Hi, I have my doubts about the new McLaren GT3 rim....

If I pre-order it now, my account will be charged now by 179,95€ and it will be shipped in February AFAIK...
    If I wait until February to order the GT3 rim, it would be the same price or would be more expensive?

BEST REGARDS
  • Ruben HerreroRuben Herrero Member
    edited November 2017
    I bought the Elite bundle and the Mclaren Wheel together ... my Bundle is already shipped :)