Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• Guys, 

Since the new QR system is a nice piece you have to know it will add weight to the wheel so it will not be so quick like without the system, knowing my friends in Fanatec they fir sure make the test and see it work fine in the CLS PS4 but take it in mind. In my personal opinion will preffer loose 2 minutes changing the rim with the convencional system in benefit of having better response racing.

Regards,
  • Thomas wrote:
    "If you want to pay later you need to select pre-payment as payment method"

How can I select this? I don't see this option in Payment Method - see attached screenshot. Or am I missing something?

One more thing: is there any piece of software which can show Fanatec Display from steering wheel in Oculus Rift? Eg. when I would like to change a profile on the fly during the race. If not - is there any plan to release something like that?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards
    Piotr

• Hallo Fanatec. Ich habe am Freitag den 24.11.17 beim black friday die clupsport v3 invertiert pedale bestellt. Leider wurde bisher nur das Geld via PayPal an euch überwiesen. Ich habe weder eine Bestätigungsmail bekommen noch steht was in der auftragshistorie drinnen. Auch auf meine Email wurde bisher nicht geantwortet, genauso wenig wie in Facebook. Also irgendwo komme ich mich in stich gelassen vor. Gruß Filomena
  • Thomas wrote:
    "If you want to pay later you need to select pre-payment as payment method"

How can I select this? I don't see this option in Payment Method - see attached screenshot. Or am I missing something?

One more thing: is there any piece of software which can show Fanatec Display from steering wheel in Oculus Rift? Eg. when I would like to change a profile on the fly during the race. If not - is there any plan to release something like that?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards
    Piotr

It's called "Money order" in your screenshot.
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited November 2017

@Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Sorry, but that can‘t be the policy of a serious company 

• Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited November 2017
    I managed to pre-order the McLaren wheel, but reading through the features I now notice that there is nothing mentioned about the two little rumble motors that are inside my two other Fanatec wheels (Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon).

Has this been overlooked in the text, or are they not present in this wheel ?
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I managed to pre-order the McLaren wheel, but reading through the features I now notice that there is nothing mentioned about the two little rumble motors that are inside my two other Fanatec wheels (Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon).

There are no rumble motors on this wheel
  • edited November 2017
    I ordered the CSL elite combo on the 26th and don't remember seeing it on pre-order I was wondering if there is any way of knowing if I will have to wait till April to get the wheel base
  • I managed to pre-order the McLaren wheel, but reading through the features I now notice that there is nothing mentioned about the two little rumble motors that are inside my two other Fanatec wheels (Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon).

Thanks for the info Thomas. 
    Sorry to hear that. 
    Is that because it is a CSL wheel and will the upcoming higher end (Podium) wheels feature the rumble motors, or have they been removed from future production ? 
  • Patrick GriesPatrick Gries Member
    edited November 2017
    Is there any way to get an answer out of the customer service?
    Two e-mails: Nothing.
    Phone: Endless queue where you have to press "1" every 10 seconds because it boots you back into the main loop (really, wtf?!). This way I spent at least 1,5 hrs in said queue since yesterday, but couldn't talk to anyone!

I've ordered stuff on Friday, 8:54 CET, and I still have no delivery date (dream about a shipping notification from UPS...) or anything apart from "In process"...
    Sorry, but being left in the air like this sucks. Big time. I planned my purchase with the money I get from selling my old stuff. Which I can't until I have the new stuff!

I know that they are drowning in work right now, but playing dead man and don't respond at all isn't nice.
  • Sieht geil aus das McLaren GT3, ist auch schon bestellt einschließlich Schnellverschluss. Aber was nützen die tollen neuen Funktionen, wenn die Spielentwickler doch wieder zu blöd sind, das auf der XBox One umzusetzen. Beim P1 Elite warte ich heute noch auf einen funktionierenden Schaltblitz.  Der geht in keinem meiner Rennspiele (Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Forza 6, Forza 7, Forza HZ 3, PCars 1 + 2, F1 2016 + 2017).  :-q
  • So Fanatec replied and as an old GT2 customer I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I wanted to stay with Fanatec, but unfortunately that is no longer an option now the Elite bundle is only shipping in April next year. I wish I could have paid a premium to switch the base with the PS4 model, but that also isn't an option. Shame.
  • Obviously the Black Friday price of the McLaren wheel was already the regular and final price. Because so far it's unchanged. So where is the special deal here that it makes worth mentioning it as a BF deal? Sorry, I didn't get it

• It does not say that the price is "special" there, but it says it will be EXCLUSIVELY available for pre-order during the Black Friday Weekend
    But it is still available for pre-order ..
    It does not say that the price is "special" there, but it says it will be EXCLUSIVELY available for pre-order during the Black Friday Weekend
    But it is still available for pre-order ..
    We extended the order period a bit because the customer newsletter was delayed. We will take it offline today.
  • Shouldn’t people be happy they are still available for pre order? They used Black Friday to announce what is truly an amazing wheel. I can’t wait for mine to come in! Thank you Thomas for sending the bundle I also purchased first. Just shows the kind of amazing customer service you get from a great company. Excited to be part of the Fanatec Family. I knew after trying my friends Fanatec set up I had to get one! Can’t wait for DD!
  • It was not a complaint from my side, I just pointed out that it was not announced about a special price for black friday ..
    I have ordered the steering wheel and I had ordered it regardless of whether it had been exclusively on black Friday sales or not :)
  • I managed to pre-order the McLaren wheel, but reading through the features I now notice that there is nothing mentioned about the two little rumble motors that are inside my two other Fanatec wheels (Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon).

Sorry to hear that. 
    Is that because it is a CSL wheel and will the upcoming higher end (Podium) wheels feature the rumble motors, or have they been removed from future production ? 
    Or is that info 'secret' too ?  ;-)
  • Hi Thomas,

On Friday 24th I have ordered a lot of products like the new CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3. It was a bit confusing because it said that everything would be shipped as soon as the new GT3 wheel was available. Because I don’t want to wait that long for my other ordered products to be delivered, I have changed my initial order and ordered the GT3 wheel separately. I have read on Facebook and on this blog about people having the same issue and your reply was that the wheel will just be shipped later. Unfortunately I have paid too much shipping costs now. So I contacted Fanatec through Facebook Messenger and got this reply:

Hi Marcel, 

please just copy and paste this email and send to [email protected]
    I think we can manage a refund to that second order 

Kind regards, 
    The Fanatec Team

So far I did not receive any response on my e-mail. I also asked Fanatec in that e-mail that I would like to add the "ClubSport Quick Release Adapter Black" to my order. I only found out about the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter after I placed my orders because the website was hardly working. Would that be still possible as I was asking during the BF weekend? Of course I could have made a third order but I don't want to pay 3 times the shipping cost.

I know you guys must be extremely busy getting all BF orders ready to be shipped but maybe you can find a little time to answer my e-mail? 

Kind Regards,
    Marcel

Sorry to hear that. 
    Or is that info 'secret' too ?  ;-)
    I don't understand where this should be a secret or not. Non of the CSL Rims have had Rumble Motors yet, so this shouldn't be a surprise. And I think all Podium Rims will have rumble motors or maybe something even better, because all the Clubsport Rims (excl. the Hub) have rumble motors :)
  • Is there a way to cancel orders or to change the product? I ordered (by mistake) 2 V3is because the Amazon Pay option was refused by the fanatec webpage and I proceeded to buy it with paypal, but to my surprise the charge was made in the Amazon Pay option, altho fanatec said the addreses were incorrect and had to do the buying process again. And AGAIN to my surprise, they are going to start shipping until april, I thought that the out of stock was for one month maximum. I want the normal V3s instead of waiting 4 months for something I just bought.

And it's no surprise that they won't answer emails or facebook messages.

• I would like to buy a base wheel and pedals for my son for Xmas but it is showing no availilbity on these items until March 2018. Please can you help? 

Tim McKeithan
  • Hi Thomas, my T300 stopped working properly after 4 moths of use so i have decided to go with Fanatec.I'm looking at CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit for PC and PS4 and possibly with clubsport pedals.My question is how long will take delivery as i have a league race next week but no working wheel.I'm ready to place my order.Thank you
    Hi Thomas, my T300 stopped working properly after 4 moths of use so i have decided to go with Fanatec.I'm looking at CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit for PC and PS4 and possibly with clubsport pedals.My question is how long will take delivery as i have a league race next week but no working wheel.I'm ready to place my order.Thank you
    We will usually ship within 2 business days.
    I would like to buy a base wheel and pedals for my son for Xmas but it is showing no availilbity on these items until March 2018. Please can you help? 

Tim McKeithan
    We ran out of stock and the only thing we could do is to give you the low price even for pre-orders
    Is there a way to cancel orders or to change the product? I ordered (by mistake) 2 V3is because the Amazon Pay option was refused by the fanatec webpage and I proceeded to buy it with paypal, but to my surprise the charge was made in the Amazon Pay option, altho fanatec said the addreses were incorrect and had to do the buying process again. And AGAIN to my surprise, they are going to start shipping until april, I thought that the out of stock was for one month maximum. I want the normal V3s instead of waiting 4 months for something I just bought.

And it's no surprise that they won't answer emails or facebook messages.

Our sales team will change the order for you. They are still busy to catch up but by the end of the week all e-mails will be answered and all orders will be shipped as far as the product is in stock.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Hi Thomas,

On Friday 24th I have ordered a lot of products like the new CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3. It was a bit confusing because it said that everything would be shipped as soon as the new GT3 wheel was available. Because I don’t want to wait that long for my other ordered products to be delivered, I have changed my initial order and ordered the GT3 wheel separately. I have read on Facebook and on this blog about people having the same issue and your reply was that the wheel will just be shipped later. Unfortunately I have paid too much shipping costs now. So I contacted Fanatec through Facebook Messenger and got this reply:

Hi Marcel, 

please just copy and paste this email and send to [email protected]
    I think we can manage a refund to that second order 

Kind regards, 
    The Fanatec Team

So far I did not receive any response on my e-mail. I also asked Fanatec in that e-mail that I would like to add the "ClubSport Quick Release Adapter Black" to my order. I only found out about the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter after I placed my orders because the website was hardly working. Would that be still possible as I was asking during the BF weekend? Of course I could have made a third order but I don't want to pay 3 times the shipping cost.

I know you guys must be extremely busy getting all BF orders ready to be shipped but maybe you can find a little time to answer my e-mail? 

Kind Regards,
    Marcel

Hi Thomas, can I please get a comment as well on the above?
  • I would like to buy a base wheel and pedals for my son for Xmas but it is showing no availilbity on these items until March 2018. Please can you help? 

Tim McKeithan
    We ran out of stock and the only thing we could do is to give you the low price even for pre-orders
    Hi Thomas, 

As a former GT2 user (unfortunately it broke down after 200 hours of use) I wanted to jump on the CSL wheel to get back to (sim) racing. We were told in a Facebook post when your site was completely broken on Friday: not to hurry and that there was plenty of stock... Until I ordered and saw afterwards it was a pre-order for April 2018...  Do you usually only re-stock once every 4-5 months?

I even wanted to pay a premium to switch out the CSL base with the PS4 CSL base, but that is not available separately and you don't change bundles I was told (although there are only virtual bundles I guess and nothing is really prepackaged together?).

Now there is no affordable option for an Xbox One wheel, because the PS4 comes with a rim I don't use and the CSW 2.5 is too expensive for me.

The only option left, after getting excited for your sale and being let down by technology of your website, is to go to a competitor and invest in their eco system rather than yours. I was looking at upgrades in the coming months, but I am left empty handed.

What stings the most is the promise made that there was going to be plenty of stock and we had nothing to worry about. Now I have payed over 500 euros for something that is so far away that I can't justify keeping my order alive...

PS. Better to change words from pre-order to back-order as that is what it is.
  • Hi Fanatec Team :)

I ordered the CSL Elite Starter Pack on the 25.11.2017 and completed the payment process.

I haven't received a confirmation E-Mail (checked all my spamfolders) nor does the order section on the Fanatec Homepage show anything.

I guess you queued up all the orders and work through them. Or I made a mistake and actually did not complete the order process completely :)

I am not in a hurry to get the product but I hope the order went through correctly.

Chris
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't understand where this should be a secret or not. Non of the CSL Rims have had Rumble Motors yet, so this shouldn't be a surprise. And I think all Podium Rims will have rumble motors or maybe something even better, because all the Clubsport Rims (excl. the Hub) have rumble motors :)
    Err...I never owned a CSL rim, only the CSW Porsche 918 and Formula Carbon. So I never checked if CSL rims had these motors or not.
    About the 'secret': 
    I received no clear answer (which I can understand up to a point) to my earlier question if this McLaren wheel would get a successor in the Podium series (or this was going to be the only one).
    Now IF there is going to be a Podium series McLaren (or other GT3 style) wheel, I'd rather wait for that one, than buying this, see ?
    ;-)