Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• It is now exactly 4'45am Sunday morning. I am sure they will answer all requests on Monday or Tuesday as soon as possible. If they have people working on other times zones /locations like USA they will also answer asap. Do not worry. Everything will be sorted out. They have not only one request at the Moment.... Friend of mine only had very good experience with them. Also on SimExpo all people of Fanatec have been great and I am sure that everybody who was charged already will get his parts. Fanatec is a serious German Company and they will not take anybodys money and leave him without his ordered stuff or support. Nobody needs to get Panik if they do not answer in a day or two. Not everybody is big like ama... and has the manpower to answer in 1hour etc.. Nobody will be left alone.
  • Hi Thomas:D  I just really want to thank you for the Great Black Friday sale!!! i purchased the New McClaren Wheel Rim and CSP QR!!! I think that was a great Buy!!! The idea to make the Rims CSL but CSW upgradable through purchasing the CSW QR is absolutely Brilliant!!!  it keeps initial Rim cost down while giving customers a chance to upgrade the QR in the future...Well Done!!! Kudos and cheers to you Thomas and the Fanatec team =D>
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    HI Mr. Thomas :).

Anyway Mr. Thomas... no problem... your tone is clear than enough... i don't want any further support on this... and i give you my sincerely excuse if in anyway i offend you or your company. Hope to meet you in person at some expo/events or on tracks, and give you my excuse by person.

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Hello Danilo,

I really appreciate your passion and the love for our products. Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my response but please understand that posts like this are the reason why some people get a wrong impression about us or our company.

Of course you are entitled to get brand new products but who other than our support team should be able to verify that? If you post this in a public forum you are accusing us of fraud. Nothing less. This is pretty heavy and if some other user is asking the community to share it then this does not make it better.

If you really received used products we will apologize deeply and sort it out for sure. It is ust hard to imagine because we do not refurbish products.

But the first step is always our technical support and not the community. Not this community and no other community.

I hope we can get this sorted out quiclky so you can enjoy our products.

• Here I am looking at these items sold out, and money has been taken from my account and I still have zero confirmation or email about my order that they say is received. It's really simple. Do you have my order or not? 
    If your email account is Hotmail/Outlook, check your spam folder. My order confirmation was there.
  • I would just like to say how pleased I am with my new Fanatec Hardware. I ordered the CSL Elite PS4 starter kit and the additional load cell kit & handbrake, after updating the firmware of both the wheel and pedals I am delighted with my new kit The wheel is a big step up from my Thrustmaster T300rs and the pedals are different class from the T3pa’s I had (it’s the load cell). I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Thrustmaster gear it is just the Fanatec CSL is just a far superior build and not so much toy’ish if that makes sense.

One other thing I would like to add is the speed of delivery is something else; I live in Northern Ireland so it is quite a distance to Germany. I place my order on Monday 20th of November and received my order on the Wednesday 22nd of November so I just want to thank Thomas all the Fanatec crew for everything I’m delighted.

Thanks,

Danny.

• edited November 2017
    Hi Thomas As a loyal Fanatec customer I would like to thank you again for your personal support in this forum. I have upgraded my wheel this year to the CSL Elite PS4 and have been looking to upgrade the Wheel and Pedals but have some questions please CSP V3. Will the vibration motors work on the PS4 with these pedals ? Club Sport Wheel Formula. Will the vibration motors work on the PS4 ? CSL Elite Wheel McLaren GT3. Does this wheel have Vibration motors and if so will they work on the PS4 ? Once again Thank you for the great products, I hope soon that the game developers will update their games to allow us to use the PS4 mode and the Fanatec products to its full potential as I’m sure the gaming experience will be even better then it is now
  • To bad the normal V3 pedals are not at sale.
    Would like to have them with 40% off like the inverted one. 
  • randall said:
    @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Sorry, but that can‘t be the policy of a serious company
    Did You get your receipt, if so You have nothing to worry about. If I pre-order a game I pay up front. Some times there is limited quantity and if You don't pay up front  and then cancel, You are stopping someone else from pre-ordering. This is business as usual .

Sorry Sir, but its my Policy not to pay for PreOrders Month in Advance. The Company works with my money and i dont have the goods. Think about it, how much interests they are gaining for doing nothing. Or did you go to your local Store, pay for a good and get it 3 Month later? You never would.
  • @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Sorry, but that can‘t be the policy of a serious company
    If you want to pay later you need to select pre-payment as payment method
    Hi Thomas,

thank you for the hint! Thats the way i can live with it.
  • Andrej HumarAndrej Humar Member
    edited November 2017

Hi Thomas.

Can you confirm that the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 with NOT work with Clubsport Base v1?

I just like to know if it is time to buy a new wheelbase. Maybe a DD base soon? :)

Thank you very much for your answer.

• The ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted are out of stock. If I were to preorder before the sale ends, when could I expect delivery? 

I need to know because I'm getting into sim racing after a long break away, so I'm buying a wheel and base as well. I really don't want to have to wait several months for my pedals to show up. I wanted to order on Friday, but couldn't get the website to load. If you can give me an indication as to when those pedals might be ready to ship, I can make my decision on what to buy. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Ian Moore said:
    The ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted are out of stock. If I were to preorder before the sale ends, when could I expect delivery? 

I need to know because I'm getting into sim racing after a long break away, so I'm buying a wheel and base as well. I really don't want to have to wait several months for my pedals to show up. I wanted to order on Friday, but couldn't get the website to load. If you can give me an indication as to when those pedals might be ready to ship, I can make my decision on what to buy. Any help would be appreciated.
    i have the same question reg the del date & i can make the decision once i got the reply

since the offer will be ended soon, pls help to reply asap. 

thanks a lot
  • The product page says: 
    Availability: Open for Pre-Orders
    Availability date: 2018-03-01
  • Ian MooreIan Moore Member
    edited November 2017
    The product page says: 
    Availability: Open for Pre-Orders
    Availability date: 2018-03-01

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, the North American website store still says Availability date: 0000-00-00. I would like clarification from Fanatec before I place an order.

• If Mar 2018 is the real del date, i will really disappointed with Fanatec which is hard to accept to wait another 3months (actually i waste 1 whole month from end Oct to wait for the special offer of Black Friday, means 4 months total) as i hv keep trying to login at the 1st 6 hrs starting on 24/11 but cannot make it & I need to wait 3 months now which is .............. 

kinisaac said:

If Mar 2018 is the real del date, i will really disappointed with Fanatec which is hard to accept to wait another 3months (actually i waste 1 whole month from end Oct to wait for the special offer of Black Friday, means 4 months total) as i hv keep trying to login at the 1st 6 hrs starting on 24/11 but cannot make it & I need to wait 3 months now which is .............. 

We originally planned to stop the sale when we run out of stock. On Saturday we still had stock and a good performing website so you had the chance to order it.

You can also get the regular CSP 3 and get them shipped immediately

Hi Thomas.

Can you confirm that the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 with NOT work with Clubsport Base v1?

I just like to know if it is time to buy a new wheelbase. Maybe a DD base soon? :)

Thank you very much for your answer.

Confirmed
  • kinisaac said:

If Mar 2018 is the real del date, i will really disappointed with Fanatec which is hard to accept to wait another 3months (actually i waste 1 whole month from end Oct to wait for the special offer of Black Friday, means 4 months total) as i hv keep trying to login at the 1st 6 hrs starting on 24/11 but cannot make it & I need to wait 3 months now which is .............. 

We originally planned to stop the sale when we run out of stock. On Saturday we still had stock and a good performing website so you had the chance to order it.

You can also get the regular CSP 3 and get them shipped immediately

Oh. that's really good news for me as actually I won't have the chance to order V3i which u are now let me just to wait a really short period of time - 3 months to get it

thank you so much for such a good offer & really great black friday arrangement. Thomas

I will have a chance to get the HE PRO PEDAL now as u help me to make the decision...... HAHAHAH

hope everyone else will enjoy yr special Black Friday arrangement.... Cheers

b4 decided to buy something from Fanatec, I hv seen almost all the reviews from Youtube reg the Fanatec products, most of them are positive feedback. I MAY agreed with the comments for the products but i wont hv the change to try it ............ HOWEVER, I REALLY FEEL THE AFTER SALES SERVICE IS REALLY  IMPORTANT COMPONENT FOR THE WHOLE BUYING EXPERIENCE

edited November 2017
    This is a black Friday sale and thousands of customers were able to make a purchase. Can you please explain what better service you expect from us? The product is sold out and it takes time to produce and ship it. There is nothing we can do on this side. The shipping date is also known in advance before you make the purchase. What else do you expect? How can we make you happy? We had plenty of inventory and it lasted until Saturday so really everyone had a fair chance. I am sorry that you feel disappointed.
  •  kinisaac kinisaac Member
    edited November 2017

Of course, i agreed the first come first serve is the LAW cannot break. However, If i were a good seller, I will try my best to prevent the same case / problem happen again as I knew this is not the 1st Black Friday u are facing the same problems

i thought u still dont understand that u are facing the customer asking for help but not the customer is facing a techical guy to explain why you cannot make it ......... do u get it ? 

if u cannot make the customer to calm down  & appreciate what u hv try instead just keep asking me how can you do it better. Then u are not doing your job well. May be u can manage the team to produce the really great product but u cannot make the customer feel good.

anyway, thanks you for the time u answer my question & i m looking forward for your new coming products ......... like the podium series

• Hi Thomas,

i'm one of the lucky guys. I ordered McLaren GT3 rim friday in the evening but i was not able to read all the thecnical spec. 'cause the webserver too busy... I buy on your and Fanatec's thurst.

i'm an happy CSL Elite (PS4) owner (CSP V3i too...very very happy owner of this pedals!!)

Can you confirm the new adapter is necessary ONLY if you want to upgrade to a CSP base or if you want to buy in future new rims for CSL Elite and switch quickly from one to another ?

Is the McLaren GT3 rim ready to use "out-of-the-box" on CSL Elite (PS4) without the new adapter ?

Thank you so much for your kind replay as any time.

Best regards

Luca

• Hi, I have my doubts about the new McLaren GT3 rim....

If I pre-order it now, my account will be charged now by 179,95€ and it will be shipped in February AFAIK...
    If I wait until February to order the GT3 rim, it would be the same price or would be more expensive?

BEST REGARDS
  • Hard times for the Fanatec crews here....

What customers don't understand: 

1. Why is CSL PS4 not in Sale?
     Because this is a new product which sells without help. Not many on stock, so why should the make it cheaper?

2. Why didn't everyone get their product xy in this sale
    Because it runs out of stock and fanatec told everyone, that this cheaper price is only, when it's on stock. Not longer.

Both things are absolut normal behaviour in the normal world here. But in this little space of someones it isn't.

Fanatec is not the red cross to make everyone happy. They decided to make some products cheaper to get it out of stock and the others not. Again: Absolute normal.

Calm down and think about it!
  • Hi Thomas,

i'm one of the lucky guys. I ordered McLaren GT3 rim friday in the evening but i was not able to read all the thecnical spec. 'cause the webserver too busy... I buy on your and Fanatec's thurst.

i'm an happy CSL Elite (PS4) owner (CSP V3i too...very very happy owner of this pedals!!)

Can you confirm the new adapter is necessary ONLY if you want to upgrade to a CSP base or if you want to buy in future new rims for CSL Elite and switch quickly from one to another ?

Is the McLaren GT3 rim ready to use "out-of-the-box" on CSL Elite (PS4) without the new adapter ?

Best regards

Luca

Same question here. I don’t really understand what the QR adapter is for. Ordered the CSL Elite PS4 as well. Is the adapter useful with this wheelbase?
  • Hi Thomas,

Best regards

Luca

Same question here. I don’t really understand what the QR adapter is for. Ordered the CSL Elite PS4 as well. Is the adapter useful with this wheelbase?
    The McLaren GT3 wheel without the QR adapter will attach to the CSL Elite PS4 base just like the included CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel attaches. Use and allen key to attach and remove. With the QR adapter it will work like all other Clubsport QR wheels. So no QR adapter is definitely not needed.
  • Hi Thomas,

Best regards

Luca

The McLaren GT3 wheel without the QR adapter will attach to the CSL Elite PS4 base just like the included CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel attaches. Use and allen key to attach and remove. With the QR adapter it will work like all other Clubsport QR wheels. So no QR adapter is definitely not needed.

Thanks for the answer. So it will work. But will the QR adapter improve the way I can attach it to the PS4 wheel base? If not I will cancel my order. Thanks in advance, Ricardo
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the answer. So it will work. But will the QR adapter improve the way I can attach it to the PS4 wheel base? If not I will cancel my order. Thanks in advance, Ricardo
    Of course. Any Clubsport wheel (that have QR) will work on the CSL Elite bases. So with the QR adapter for the GT3 wheel you will be able to quickly attach and remove it without using any allen key. Similar to the Clubsport Formula wheels and others. Attaching and removing it without the QR adapter won't really take that much time, but the QR adapter just makes it that much faster.
  • Thanks for the answer. So it will work. But will the QR adapter improve the way I can attach it to the PS4 wheel base? If not I will cancel my order. Thanks in advance, Ricardo
    Of course. Any Clubsport wheel (that have QR) will work on the CSL Elite bases. So with the QR adapter for the GT3 wheel you will be able to quickly attach and remove it without using any allen key. Similar to the Clubsport Formula wheels and others. Attaching and removing it without the QR adapter won't really take that much time, but the QR adapter just makes it that much faster.

Thanks a lot!
  • I'm interested in the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, I'm wondering if it will let me hook my CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 into it.  I would love to use a quick release system with this wheel so that I can quickly swap it with another wheel.
    I'm interested in the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter, I'm wondering if it will let me hook my CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 into it.  I would love to use a quick release system with this wheel so that I can quickly swap it with another wheel.
    Unfortunately this is not possible. The new exchangeable QR system will only be featured on upcoming new steering wheels.