Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• Will the brake pedal of the CSL Elite Pedals LC funcion at 16 bit thru the DD1 or at 12 bit?
  • Will the brake pedal of the CSL Elite Pedals LC funcion at 16 bit thru the DD1 or at 12 bit?
    I'm sure you get the higher bit rate through your PC
    It would be desirable for it to work at 16bit. The Podium series with 12bit seems to me a joke.
    It would be desirable for it to work at 16bit. The Podium series with 12bit seems to me a joke.
    Although this is my assumption, and NOT a fact
  • 12bit gives you 4096 steps, with a 90kg load cell that give you 20 gram steps.

If you can modulate the brakes at a rate of 20 grams so you need the extra resolution, you should be driving professionally.  I bet most real automotive drive by wire/brake by wire systems operate at 12bits or less.
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited November 2018

12 bit resolution is 4096 values. 90kg. divided by 4096 is equal to 22 grams for each value.Do you think you can feel a difference of 22 grams?
    Do you find the Heusinkveld Pro pedals for a joke which also have 12 bits resolution?

• edited November 2018

12 bit resolution is 4096 values. 90kg. divided by 4096 is equal to 22 grams for each value.Do you think you can feel a difference of 22 grams?
    Do you find the Heusinkveld Pro pedals for a joke which also have 12 bits resolution?

I find a significant difference between the csl directly connected to the pc. With which to your question, if I notice it. I love fanatec, but heusinkveld is way above, it's not just the 12 bits that influence and I'm looking forward to having the new heusinkveld sprint, waiting for the fanatec podium pedals series What the load cell is 90 kg, does not mean that the 4096 are divided among the 90kg, but my English is too bad to be able to explain it.
  • edited November 2018
    I won one of the actions (981€, not very good deal, I know), but I will purchase anyway. But I want upgrade the standart warrantie to 3 years paying the aditional 99€, and I don't know how can do it. When I accept the deal of the auction, it goes directly to my basket with the default 2 years, and I can't add it. Any idea? It could be possible purchase the upgrade during the standart warrantie to extend it to 3 years?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    I won one of the actions (981€, not very good deal), but I want upgrade warrantie to 3 years paying the aditional 99€, and I don't know how can do it. When I accept the deal it goes directly to my basket with the default 2 years, and I can't add it. Any idea? It could be possible purchase the upgrade during the standart warrantie to extend it to 3 years?
    I recommend that you contact the sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com and explain this issue, they will be able to help you. As I understand it, you could go ahead with the standard order and contact them immediately after, as it is possible to upgrade the warranty before the unit is shipped.
  • edited November 2018
    I recommend that you contact the sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com and explain this issue, they will be able to help you. As I understand it, you could go ahead with the standard order and contact them immediately after, as it is possible to upgrade the warranty before the unit is shipped.
    Thanks for your answer.

Anyway other products allows extend the warranty before it expires purchasing a "Care Pack", "Postwarrantie Service" or similar.
    You that have all the information of your coustomers, could send an email 3 months before standart warrantie expiration offering an extension. Many of us would be interested to keep our Fanatec product in good conditions, and would be a good revenue for Fanatec.

Only an idea...
  • edited November 2018
    Hi Thomas, I won an auction at 961 euros and I already paid it, i have one important question:

I already have a rim and a button box with usb cable, if i buy a QR, is it going to work well ? Some people tell me not !

If it doesn't work, i don't want to buy a clubsport wheel because i really wanted to buy a podium steering wheel, so please could you tell me: will the podium steering wheels go out before the DD1 or not ? and if not, when is it going to come out please ?

And if not, will the adapter be at least released before the DD1?

Thank you.

Hello Fanatec,
    Please, could you answer to my questions above?

I'm very happy to have won the auction and I would like to know what to do in my case.

Thank you in advance.
  • Hi Thomas, I won an auction at 961 euros and I already paid it, i have one important question:

I already have a rim and a button box with usb cable, if i buy a QR, is it going to work well ? Some people tell me not !

If it doesn't work, i don't want to buy a clubsport wheel because i really wanted to buy a podium steering wheel, so please could you tell me: will the podium steering wheels go out before the DD1 or not ? and if not, when is it going to come out please ?

Thank you.

Hello Fanatec,

I'm very happy to have won the auction and I would like to know what to do in my case.

Thank you in advance.
    Only supports fanatec rims right now. There may be a podium adapter in the future that allows custom button boxes, we've seen a prototype, but nothing is announced.
  • Hi Thomas, I won an auction at 961 euros and I already paid it, i have one important question:

Thank you.

Hello Fanatec,

Thank you in advance.
    Only supports fanatec rims right now. There may be a podium adapter in the future that allows custom button boxes, we've seen a prototype, but nothing is announced.
    thats not correct.
    The Universal Hub does support custom rims. You just need to connect the button box of that steering wheel via USB to get the button Box working. 
    Same with the upcoming Podium Adapter.
  • Thank you guys !
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Due to the fast sales in EU we decided to re-allocate more units to EU and reduce quantities in other regions. I recommend to act quickly if you want to get one as all wheels will probably be sold out in a few hours.
  • edited November 2018
    So Thomas tell me if I have got this wrong... The guys that have the Playstation Uni Hub, that was discontinued, that currently works with the current eco system. 

Will not work with the podium padles module that is now on the website, is there a reason for this ? 

And will there be a podium padle module for the playstion PS4, ? (not really botherd as iam PC)

And will that module (if it will exsit) work with the Playstation Uni Hub ?  

Because as of now, its not compatible with my Carbon F, or my Uni hub.   If you dont wanna say just yet,and you have a positive answer just give me a postive smiley 
    8-|
    The electronics of your hub are not capable of detecting additional buttons or axis but the current hub does.
    The electronics of your hub are not capable of detecting additional buttons or axis but the current hub does.
  • edited November 2018
    :( not happy Tom
  • Hey Thomas, just seen you on the TV at the F1 race, thought you would have been wearing some Fanatec gear, you missed some free advertising there ;) I still need to decide which race I'm going to next year, not a bad problem to have I suppose.
  • Hey Thomas, Dom.

Any update about DD1 and DD2 shipping window?

Next week 7th should be shipped/released :). It would be great to have any confirmation or update if it is possible....

Thanks!
  • When can we expect news on the PS4 podium? This week, next week? Also is it going to be available to purchase and get hold of it this year?
  • Is it possible to know if is there any delay regarding the December 7th date for the DD release?. . Note: it’s being a very long and slow torture wait for this moment of release for it, please let’s make happen. :)>- My best regards and thank you in advance.
  • edited November 2018
    Hello,

Is anyone know if the csl steering wheel P1 compatible with the DD1 ? (waiting for podium steering wheels)

I think yes but the torque of the DD1 is not too high ?

Thank you.

• Hello,

Is anyone know if the csl steering wheel P1 compatible with the DD1 ? (waiting for podium steering wheels)

I think yes but the torque of the DD1 is not too high ?

Thank you.

They've said it will work at reduced torque.

I don't know exactly what the means, but I wouldn't expect it to work any higher than the 7.5nm of the CSW.
  • Hi guys, 2 questions, when are we going to have any info on the DD1 compatibility with the PS4, and also I read that if someone pre order a DD1, fanatic will put the motor from the DD2 on the DD1 that is pro order, thanks...

• Hi guys, 2 questions, when are we going to have any info on the DD1 compatibility with the PS4, and also I read that if someone pre order a DD1, fanatic will put the motor from the DD2 on the DD1 that is pro order, thanks...

It's all in the announcement thread.
  • Jose LockwardJose Lockward Member
    edited November 2018

Hi guys, 2 questions, when are we going to have any info on the DD1 compatibility with the PS4, and also I read that if someone pre order a DD1, fanatic will put the motor from the DD2 on the DD1 that is pro order, thanks...

It's all in the announcement thread.

• The pre-orders shipping date says Dec 7, 2018.  Is this accurate, are these things going to ship this year?