Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• Alle werden um 961/971 verkauft. Was ist mit den gewonnen Auktionen, welche darüber sind? Die können nicht mehr bieten. Werden die automatisch storniert?
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018
    Lol, many people who won the auctions at €961 are still betting on other auctions. Like 4***1 - wins, and still bids loads of times on the next one. Explain this... :) And weirdly all those unsynchronized multiple bets from multiple people tend to stop like synchronized at exactly 951-961 and wait for one more bidder... :) Rarely anybody bids multiple times, nobodys bids from before come much delayed, like early... Like they all know roughly when to stop to bid to get the bids into the ballpark of over €951.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Alle werden um 961/971 verkauft. Was ist mit den gewonnen Auktionen, welche darüber sind? Die können nicht mehr bieten. Werden die automatisch storniert?
    Why should we cancel any auctions above 961? They still have a discount if price is below 1000
    Lol, many people who won the auctions at €961 are still betting on other auctions. Like 4***1 - wins, and still bids loads of times on the next one. Explain this... :) And weirdly all those unsynchronized multiple bets from multiple people tend to stop like synchronized at exactly 951-961 and wait for one more bidder... :) Rarely anybody bids multiple times, nobodys bids from before come much delayed, like early... Like they all know roughly when to stop to bid to get the bids into the ballpark of over €951.
    This is not possible. Please keep in mind that we have exactly 1000 users which starts with 4 and end with 1.

And of course some people bid several times in a row because they want to reduce waiting time or they think that we will accidently stop an auction at 400.
  • Got one at 961. Also ordered a Porsche wheel and SQ shifter. Off to collect my new sim lab rig and HK pedals tomorrow. I'll be living on bread and water for the next year :)
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018
    Well, its a huge coincidence in that case, given that theres a 1000 users in each number [why are the numbers hidden?]. Pretty much every other auction ends like this.

• C NC N Member
    edited November 2018
    I can see the first one was overbid at the end. Anyway - numbers should be open to see - then we know who just spams the auctions and ruins them for the rest. Quick ban might be a fix.
  • Timothy HearnTimothy Hearn Member
    edited November 2018
    Sorry Thomas I disagree and I certainly think you would fall foul of the law in the UK as this was in response to someone stating they Bid when it said 400 euros on their screen your system says they bid 981 because potentially 20 other people bid at exactly the same time, I dont see how legally you can hold anyone to their bid if the system cannot distinguish the difference between the value on the users screen when the bid was placed and the value your servers chose to assign to said bidder.
    Alle werden um 961/971 verkauft. Was ist mit den gewonnen Auktionen, welche darüber sind? Die können nicht mehr bieten. Werden die automatisch storniert?
    Why should we cancel any auctions above 961? They still have a discount if price is below 1000

Sorry Thomas I disagree and I certainly think you would fall foul of the law in the UK as this was in response to someone stating they Bid when it said 400 euros on their screen your system says they bid 981 because potentially 20 other people bid at exactly the same time, I dont see how legally you can hold anyone to their bid if the system cannot distinguish the difference between the value on the users screen when the bid was placed and the value your servers chose to assign to said bidder.

Nobody is forced to pay for a unit which he did not want to. Just cancel your order and that's it.

Of course this raises the question to me why someone bids at a low price when the counter is not  even going below 59 seconds. There is no point to do that and it caused the issues in the beginning.
  • Why don't you simply close the bids when it reaches maximum price for the auction (991€)? It would be simpler than to rely on people following the rules ;) Plus if you wait till the end of the timer, multiple people can still try to be the last ones to click and it will bring the price over the target.
  • C NC N Member
    edited November 2018

Of course this raises the question to me why someone bids at a low price when the counter is not  even going below 59 seconds. There is no point to do that and it caused the issues in the beginning.
    That could be done by people that never intend to buy, since all you need to do is to bid a lot under 970, and you can do that YOURSELF by bidding multiple times [like some people bidding 15x in a row]. If you dont get the price you want, just keep on bidding on yourself, thats it, if not blocked straight away.
    Flawed system in that case.

Why are the bidders registrations hidden?
  • Sorry Thomas I disagree and I certainly think you would fall foul of the law in the UK as this was in response to someone stating they Bid when it said 400 euros on their screen your system says they bid 981 because potentially 20 other people bid at exactly the same time, I dont see how legally you can hold anyone to their bid if the system cannot distinguish the difference between the value on the users screen when the bid was placed and the value your servers chose to assign to said bidder.

Nobody is forced to pay for a unit which he did not want to. Just cancel your order and that's it.

Because your auction software is not adequately programmed to cater for the demand of a product launch coupled with internet latency and the mentality of bargain hunteers

Auction starts: 300 customers press bid at the same time, how much does that equate to after 10 eu increments ?
  • Placed my bid when price was at 400 in my screen, then says im the winning bid at 981 euros?

How can i cancel it? By just not pressing pay?
    Same with me 461 and then won at 991 euro's
  • Further to the above what do you intend to do for people who have followed your instructions because after nearly 6 hours of doing so I have been unable to actually bid, it has never hit 30 seconds with less than 961 bid.
    Why don't you simply close the bids when it reaches maximum price for the auction (991€)? It would be simpler than to rely on people following the rules ;) Plus if you wait till the end of the timer, multiple people can still try to be the last ones to click and it will bring the price over the target.
    Well this is exactly what we did. In the beginning we stopped several auctions manually. 

We see how people bid and several bidders at the same time when the counter is low happened only once or twice.

It is nothing wrong with the system except of the stupid server issues in the beginning due to the enourmous demand.

• Blaise CarronBlaise Carron Member
    edited November 2018
    Why don't you simply close the bids when it reaches maximum price for the auction (991€)? It would be simpler than to rely on people following the rules ;) Plus if you wait till the end of the timer, multiple people can still try to be the last ones to click and it will bring the price over the target.
    Well this is exactly what we did. In the beginning we stopped several auctions manually. 

We see how people bid and several bidders at the same time when the counter is low happened only once or twice.

It is nothing wrong with the system except of the stupid server issues in the beginning due to the enourmous demand.

I mean automatically, after 991 you should not be able to bid anymore :) For a future auction that might be a good idea. Thanks for doing it anyway, I know you guys are doing your best and could have just sold as many units for full prices. Good night  ~O)
  • Good night all, I wish you all the best of luck, Going to bed now and setting the alarm for a minute past ten or 9.61 as it seems a popular number.  ;)
  • Is it now over definetly?
  • A summary of the EU Pre Order DD1 Auction Event

It lasted a total of 7 hours
    Over 200 discounted pre-orders were placed and several invalidated by breaking 1000 euros
    All 45 allotted below 970 euro's units sold for the minimum possible discount of 961 euros

Sounds like a great success till you read on.

Not one auction hit the 50 second timer let alone 30 second timer before it was at the minimum possible discount to qualify as one of the 45 meaning:

Every single EU auction winner failed to abide by the auction rules and anyone who did adhere to the very basic rules likely did not get to place a bid.
    Is it now over definetly?
    Yes

No more auctions for the DD1

Good night

Over 200 discounted pre-orders were placed and several invalidated by breaking 1000 euros
    All 45 allotted below 970 euro's units sold for the minimum possible discount of 961 euros

Not one auction hit the 50 second timer let alone 30 second timer before it was at the minimum possible discount to qualify as one of the 45 meaning:

Every single EU auction winner failed to abide by the auction rules and anyone who did adhere to the very basic rules likely did not get to place a bid.
    Agree so far. Would be interesting to know how much of the winners really pay the money they bid.

50 units, they have added 5 extra to the initial plan if I have counted right.

(yes, big brother is watching you :D )
  • Sorry Thomas I disagree and I certainly think you would fall foul of the law in the UK as this was in response to someone stating they Bid when it said 400 euros on their screen your system says they bid 981 because potentially 20 other people bid at exactly the same time, I dont see how legally you can hold anyone to their bid if the system cannot distinguish the difference between the value on the users screen when the bid was placed and the value your servers chose to assign to said bidder.

What's the difference if 200 people bid at 55 seconds or 25 seconds? Either way, the auction goes over the retail price. Even if they wait until 10 seconds, the 60 second clock resets and you'll get the other 199 bids. Someone has to get the bids going. It's your company and you can run it however you want, I (as well as a lot of others) just think there are better ways to do this. 

Still looking forward to your Black Friday deals.
  • What a huge missed opportunity. 

Gathered here and in the auctions are the most fervent fans and early adopters. Where is there more to gain by upsetting and disenfranchising this group or by turning them into evangelizers.

I'm one of the people who "won" a unit at $1061.  I was sent an email saying I had won and that the bid could be paid for in my account. There was no bid in my account by the next day. It would have been nice to see the bid and small token of appreciation like setting the price at the $970 cap. I had to send an email only to receive a reply asking if I really wanted to pay over the asking price for the unit. First no communication and then this reply. Is that the way you cherish a fan and promoter? 

I own a company in the tech space that isn’t small ($45 million in worldwide revenues) and we found that word of mouth marketing was by far our most successful and cost efficient form of marketing. Every early-adopter or super-promoter is worth their weight in gold in life time value when you take into account the effect they have on influencing buying decisions.

The process that was creating with the best of intentions has had the effect of make a few people with discounted items happy and a great many more frustrated. Consider for a moment the long term value of allowing all 30+ winners to lock in the lowest price that anyone achieved in the auction. It appears that a few people got a unit for $200, so if 30 people saved $800 but the manufacturing cost is say $600 then the entire cost of this program would be around $12k. Not everyone interested would get a unit of course but the scarcity is successful strategy that alienates few, That would be an exciting and overall inexpensive marketing push. All the winners would be ecstatic. You could easily make a requirement of winning a post to social media with a photo. This is just one idea and there could be many other possibilities to create win-win outcomes. Instead you have a very few happy people and lot of bad feelings.

Good luck with the launch. I do hope the product is successful. it looks great. Good job on that.

Best wishes,
    Scott McDanie
  • I don't get it why those who have already made the preorder are penalized and are sent back in queue if we accept that deal (971e for me). Not that rewarding. Just give us voucher to Fanatec store for that price difference or something! Now I need to think whether accept that 971e deal if that means getting the base later...
  • So basicly people waited for up to 7 hours to get a 1-4% discount on a preorder? Those lucky guys! ;)
  • edited November 2018
    Hello, how long are the warranry for the wheels base sold during the auction ? 5 years ?
  • Hello, how long are the warranry for the wheels sold during the auction ? 5 years ?
  • Guessing you will decide that at checkout. Standard 2 year if not upgraded I guess.