Announcing the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 and Podium Advanced Paddle Module

Comments

• Very Nice to finally see the full product.. I will surely Pick one of these up when it hits the store. =D>
  • edited December 2018
    Everytime I try to place a pre-order it causes HTTP ERROR 500 at payment stage
    api.secupay.ag/payment/otnkuhjvazsi3306834/failed?ERRORCODE=1001
  • edited December 2018
    :(|)
  • Very impressive.
  • Please @Thomas Jackermeier the podium shifters are compatible with CSW2.5 if mounted on the formula F1 2018? Thank you!
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited December 2018

Very Nice to finally see the full product.. I will surely Pick one of these up when it hits the store. =D>
    Liking your style mate. Wait till they start shipping them. Keep that cash in your bank till its ready to ship.
  • Hey all!
    So, I'm a DD2 pre-order guy. With this release however I don't see a reason why I should stick to the order? 

I mean, spending the same amount of money for either 
    • just a DD2 base (maybe even with the clubsport F1 wheel, as i recon with "old" shifter pedals, not podium as announced here) or 
    • basically getting the same wheelbase with 3-5 Nm less power and a full podium wheel? 

Even with the compensation for DD preorders it is basically a tradeoff between a bit more torque vs a nicer wheel. 

Or did I miss something? 
    yes, you miss that the DD2 has 5 years warranty !!!!!
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited December 2018
    Wooooo finally! Can't say I'm a huge fan of the blue variation of the steering wheel but looks like an amazing bundle. Can't wait for these to be available!
  • Yes nice bundle , but what about the warranty ? Cause we cannot add it on the selection like for the DD1 . So DD2 will not works with Playstation ?
  • This bundle is breath taking! GREAT!
    Even with the compensation for DD preorders it is basically a tradeoff between a bit more torque vs a nicer wheel. 

Or did I miss something? 
    yes, you miss that the DD2 has 5 years warranty !!!!!
    I know, but technically they are the same. That is what I was trying to say. A dongle, killswitch or some extended warranty don't make a difference in the operational performance. Sorry I was not clear.
  • edited December 2018
    Yes! Yes! Yes!  \m/ B-) >:D< 
  • Thomas, do preorders for the ps4 version include the software limited dd2 bases like the normal dd1 preorders do?  It would be great if both the DD1 and Podium PS4 preorders got the same strength base.
  • It looks horrible, design and colours dark blue and yellow and carbon, have you ever saw something like that in F1?
    Unfortunately we seem to be the minority. Looks llika a toy to me. Especially the shape of the plastic covers around the buttons... And the colors... I would need an insurance for eye-cancer ;)
  • Yes! Just Pre-order My DD PS4/PC   8-} 8-} 8-}
  • Joey Hunt said:
    Thomas... somewhere down the pipe-line will we be able to just buy the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for the PS4 ?
    I have the DD2 on pre-order.  Is the Sony chip locate in the DD1 (PS4) or the F1 wheel ?

The DD1 and DD2 are NOT compatible with PS4 

• Looks like carbon fibre on the base too. So it's a dd1 but looks like a dd2...
  • Will the base be available for purchase separately? I have the limited edition f1 wheel on the way and likely won’t need the blue one in the combo.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Joey Hunt said:
    Thomas... somewhere down the pipe-line will we be able to just buy the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for the PS4 ?
    I have the DD2 on pre-order.  Is the Sony chip locate in the DD1 (PS4) or the F1 wheel ?

The Sony chip is in the wheel base.

Absolutely fantastic product, regardless of whether you need 5 or so months to ensure sustained long term reliability. Completely acceptable for new product development considerations/teething.

Thomas - will the PS4 version be limited to a 2 year warranty? Affording us the option to purchase 2 or 3 years additional would really put the product quality concerns and delay to rest.
    The PS4 version is limited to a 2 year warranty because it is a combined package with a steering wheel.

Looks fantastic - carbon side panels! Beautiful! I already have an Xbox universal hub so this will be perfect for both my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Correct? If so, going to hit the preorder button Going to have to upgrade my hub with the P APM too - how do they connect? Is there wiring involved?
    Correct. If you use a Universal Hub for Xbox One with this wheel base, it will function on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. The P APM mounts to the side of the UHX in a very similar way to the standard paddles. The new cables connect to headers on the UHX PCBA, it is a straightforward upgrade.
    Hey all!
    So, I'm a DD2 pre-order guy. With this release however I don't see a reason why I should stick to the order? 

I mean, spending the same amount of money for either 
    • just a DD2 base (maybe even with the clubsport F1 wheel, as i recon with "old" shifter pedals, not podium as announced here) or 
    • basically getting the same wheelbase with 3-5 Nm less power and a full podium wheel? 

Or did I miss something? 
    The DD2 remains the most powerful variant. The difference between a DD1 and a DD2 is not insignificant. The DD2 also comes with a killswitch (which doubles as remote power button), and it comes with a 5 year warranty.

PJ Gaudie said:
    Compatible with PC?
    Yes.

this is the new F1 2019 steering wheel that will be given for free if we ordered DD1 and wait until the end of April?
    No. We have not shown the F1 2019 yet.

Everytime I try to place a pre-order it causes HTTP ERROR 500 at payment stage
    api.secupay.ag/payment/otnkuhjvazsi3306834/failed?ERRORCODE=1001
    If it continues please contact webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

Please @Thomas Jackermeier the podium shifters are compatible with CSW2.5 if mounted on the formula F1 2018? Thank you!
    Yes.

Yes nice bundle , but what about the warranty ? Cause we cannot add it on the selection like for the DD1 . So DD2 will not works with Playstation ?
    The 2 year warranty is fixed because the Podium Racing Wheel F1 is packaged together with a steering wheel. The Podium Wheel Base DD1 and Podium Wheel Base DD2 do not work with the PS4.

Will Gunn said:
    Thomas, do preorders for the ps4 version include the software limited dd2 bases like the normal dd1 preorders do?  It would be great if both the DD1 and Podium PS4 preorders got the same strength base.
    Yes.

• Do you have plans to decrease the DD1 back to standard spec after you guys figure out why it’s not performing as well as you would like? ie: putting the lesser motor back in with less torque? I can’t see you guys coming out with a product, then decreasing its performance after people review and start to enjoy the DD1. Thanks
  • Anyone want to trade their yellow F1 wheel for a blue one? (this is a serious question haha)
  • Hello, I want to ask about some the New pedals will release on 2019 for F1 racing game ?that performance like current product's pedals V3 I think most people want. I'm a new user and ordered F1 2018 steering wheel limited version. I prepare to order the DD1 wheel base. Fanatec products makes me excited. Thank you
  • Fantastique il est superbe
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Difference is that you did not place an order and make a pre-payment yet. ;)
    Does that mean that if we now order the PS4 podium also receive a discount of 349 € on the total?
  • One important thing is: does it work on the next generation? In 1919/2020 comes the ps5 and i dont want to spend so many € for a wheel that i cant use only for a genaration that is near the end.
  • Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Does that mean that if we now order the PS4 podium also receive a discount of 349 € on the total?
    no.
    no.
    Of course not, why would it? Nice try.
  • edited December 2018
    One important thing is: does it work on the next generation? In 1919/2020 comes the ps5 and i dont want to spend so many € for a wheel that i cant use only for a genaration that is near the end.
    I still have a Thrustmaster t500 that is ps3, and that still works on ps4 once the game launches, I wouldn't worry. Typically Sony leaves the decision of wheel compatibility squarely in the hands of the developers. And software developers will want to support your wheel!

If and when the time arrives it will be a question to Sony anyway. There is no way that Fanatec can answer this question. It is not in their hands as to what a product (that does not exist yet) will be compatible with in the future.

There should be no technical reason however, why this wouldn't work with future console releases. 
  • Unless Fanatec and Sony fall out again....
    Thats the point. BTW, what was the price of the t500? I dont think it was near of the new DD PS4.
  • edited December 2018
    One important thing is: does it work on the next generation? In 1919/2020 comes the ps5 and i dont want to spend so many € for a wheel that i cant use only for a genaration that is near the end.
    I still have a Thrustmaster t500 that is ps3, and that still works on ps4 once the game launches, I wouldn't worry. Sony leaves the decision of wheel compatibility squarely in the hands of the developers. And software developers will want to support your wheel!

Unless Fanatec and Sony fall out again....
    Thats the point. BTW, what was the price of the t500? I dont think it was near of the new DD PS4.

Good point, that's why I edited that bit out lol. I guess you are looking at a 3x higher investment. It is certainly a valid question, don't get me wrong, I just don't see how Fanatec can answer it at the moment. Everything seems rosy between Sony and Fanatec at the moment...

This brings up another point however. Is 1500 euros just too high as a price segment for the console market? Just food for thought. Im sure preorder numbers will still be high though.