Announcing the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 and Podium Advanced Paddle Module

Comments

• Arie KopArie Kop Member
    edited December 2018
    I think this might be the 2019 F1 wheel

No automatic alt text available.

It is similar to the F1 black and Carbon in shape, but with the similar buttons and dials to the newer rims.
    And it has an Xbox one Button.............................................…

@Thomas: It's nice to see so many new products for PC and PS4. But what about the Xbox one players? Can you please shine a little light on the above remark and your previous remarks that there will be an new rim for xbox one in 2019! Details please.

And why wasn't it possible to produce the F1 wheel like the McLaren RIm. Because that one is compattible with PC, PS4 and Xbox one! That would have been the BF deal of the century!! 

• Hello... Thomas/ Dominic I Pre Orderd on Day1... If i want to change My DD2 order to the PS4 DD wheel will that Affect/ Negate/ Stop Me from Receiving My Pre Order delay Compensation wheel???...Also Will the PS4 DD wheel be compatible with Xbox1 if I use the Xbox1 universal Hub???
    1. I highly doubt that you can keep the free rim/voucher if you cancel your DD2 pre-order and switch to a PS4 pre-order but best way I think would be to contact the webshop directly.
    2. yes, its xbox compatible with an xbox compatible rim.
    Thanks for the response but i will wait on word from a Fanatec Official.... I dont see how i should lose My Free Rim order because the Fact Remains that I have Paid and Fanatec Has Had $1,500 of My Cash since Day 1 Pre Orders opened... at No time will the Cash be refunded to Me just transfered to a Different product thats Exactly the same Price.
    If you want an official response, contact customer service directly. Just email webshop@
  • Baj DhaddaBaj Dhadda Member
    edited December 2018
    If we have already preordered the DD1 and have the voucher for the wheel, is it possible to exchange it for the PS4 podium package if I pay the extra for the podium paddle shifters? Thanks
    Go into your order history where there is a button to ask a question about your order. The blog inst the right place to get personalized customer service.

It’s not in my order history as they messed up the order and they sent me a separate invoice. I’ve contacted via email but have had no response about a number of questions.
  • edited December 2018
    Hi , Dom :) I have read this on the Podium PS4 product page .

(Firmware can be updated with new features ).
    (Motor driver firmware can also be updated.).

On the page of dd1 and dd2
    ( Motor driver firmware can also be updated. ) is not present

Can I ask if the motor firmware is upgradable even on dd1 and dd2 abses ?

this new features
    ( Introducing new FFB tuning features like speed sensitive dampening )
    is available even on ps4 DD or only for dd1, dd2 ?.

Thank you.
  • Hello... Thomas/ Dominic I Pre Orderd on Day1... If i want to change My DD2 order to the PS4 DD wheel will that Affect/ Negate/ Stop Me from Receiving My Pre Order delay Compensation wheel???...Also Will the PS4 DD wheel be compatible with Xbox1 if I use the Xbox1 universal Hub???
    1. I highly doubt that you can keep the free rim/voucher if you cancel your DD2 pre-order and switch to a PS4 pre-order but best way I think would be to contact the webshop directly.
    2. yes, its xbox compatible with an xbox compatible rim.
    Thanks for the response but i will wait on word from a Fanatec Official.... I dont see how i should lose My Free Rim order because the Fact Remains that I have Paid and Fanatec Has Had $1,500 of My Cash since Day 1 Pre Orders opened... at No time will the Cash be refunded to Me just transfered to a Different product thats Exactly the same Price.
    as said you should better contact the webshop directly. They most probably wont answer such questions in public but I still highly doubt that you would keep the free rim/voucher when you switch to the PS4 base as this would be unfair to all other customers which patiently waited for the PS4 Base in the first place. That it would cost the same is in my opinion irrelevant as this free rim is a compensation for the 4 1/2 month delay of already paid DD1 and DD2 pre-orders and the PS4 base is not affected by this delay in the first place as it has the April shipping date since pre-order day 1 now.
  • edited December 2018
    ^^^ You still Missed the point... My $1,500 is still with Fanatec as a DD2 pre order payment Since Day 1 So even if i switch from DD2 to the PS4 DD wheel Fanatec still has and have had the $1,500 pre order payment from day 1...So thanks I have Emailed them so No further comment Needed on the matter i will await answers from a Fanatec Official... Everything else is Guessing and Speculation.
  • Does anyone know if a tablemount-system will be available for the podium? Or do you have to rely on self-construction with aluminum profiles?
  • edited December 2018
    Does anyone know if a tablemount-system will be available for the podium? Or do you have to rely on self-construction with aluminum profiles?
    Any type of Clamp on Table Mount with Any DD wheel is Not Going to work...The Motors are just too powerful... You can Make 1 from wood but it has to be at least 3/4ths inch thick...you will Need to drill and Mount using the Botton Mounting Holes or Drill to Match any Mounting Bracket that Might be available for the wheel... Metal would be best option but a well Made Wood DIY Kit would work also... Just Make Sure its Sturdy with Minimum to No Flex ---> Screws and Bolts, Wood Screws will work also but May work themselves lose over time due to the Weight and Power of a DD motor.
  • edited December 2018
    Does anyone know if a tablemount-system will be available for the podium? Or do you have to rely on self-construction with aluminum profiles?
    Table clamp v2 is more than enough . It’s a wheel base not a Boeing 747 Yes 25nm peak but the table clamp is sufficent.
  • Does anyone know if a tablemount-system will be available for the podium? Or do you have to rely on self-construction with aluminum profiles?
    Table clamp v2 is more than enough . It’s a wheel base not a Boeing 747 Yes 25nm peak but the table clamp is sufficent.
    Ok Thanks
    Any type of Clamp on Table Mount with Any DD wheel is Not Going to work...The Motors are just too powerful... You can Make 1 from wood but it has to be at least 3/4ths inch thick...you will Need to drill and Mount using the Botton Mounting Holes or Drill to Match any Mounting Bracket that Might be available for the wheel... Metal would be best option but a well Made Wood DIY Kit would work also... Just Make Sure its Sturdy with Minimum to No Flex ---> Screws and Bolts, Wood Screws will work also but May work themselves lose over time due to the Weight and Power of a DD motor.
    Thanks for the quick and detailed answer.
  • Do people get a receipt conformation wen payed the pre-order with bank transfer ?
  • PS4 DD will also using DD2 motor ? I want make sure about that , thx

Hi Iok,

Thomas wrote that inside there is a DD1 motor:

Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

no. Thomas wrote the Podium Racing Wheel is basically a DD1. BUT the DD1 will come with the DD2 motor (but with different electronics).
    For now there is no DD1 motor and ALL DD variants will come with the big fat DD2 motor!
    That was the message for the December 7, 2018 launch/pre order.  Nothing is confirmed as to what motor will ship in the PS4/DD1 base next year in May.  It will be around 15nm though. 
  • PS4 DD will also using DD2 motor ? I want make sure about that , thx

Hi Iok,

Thomas wrote that inside there is a DD1 motor:

Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

no. Thomas wrote the Podium Racing Wheel is basically a DD1. BUT the DD1 will come with the DD2 motor (but with different electronics).
    For now there is no DD1 motor and ALL DD variants will come with the big fat DD2 motor!
    That was the message for the December 7, 2018 launch/pre order.  Nothing is confirmed as to what motor will ship in the PS4/DD1 base next year in May.  It will be around 15nm though. 
    Thomas said, as long as there are no news regarding the DD1 motor, all DD1 will be shipped with the DD2 motor. That includes the PS4 DD1 + as they call it.
  • I think all this upset will be forgot about when the wheels arrive and are in people's hands. Every launch fanatec does seems to come with some kind of fiasco. I myself have been burned several times and when I think about it, on paper at least I should not go near them. I bought the csr wheel and pedals years ago and had to have them repaired twice. I also had to replace the shifter 3 times as they kept breaking because of the cheap plastic and design. I preordered the css and it was delayed for 4 month but ended up with the v.1 version. Then when I bought the csl base the ps4 version was announced a month later. When I bough that on day one less than a week later they came up with a better deal including the csl pedals. I felt shafted. To top it off they started selling the csl Base on its own without the wheel. Which I didn't need but had to buy. Moral of the story, always wait and see what happens. Preordered products are for suckers. Wait until they are out for a while a tested.
  • el podio base ps4 también será compatible con el nuevo ps5, ya que estará disponible a principios de 2020, porque el dinero cuesta lo que costará para que luego no funcione en el ps5. Espero su respuesta.
    Gracias thomas

• I suspect you are talking about ps5 compatibility? We all know what happened when the xbox one came out and they dropped the fanatec compatibility. I was using a csr wheel at the time but it was worse for the csr elite users. Then project cars announced compatibility with ps4 which was the main reason I bought one. Then that turned into a fiasco too. That's why I refuse to preorder games anymore. I had to wait over a month for them to patch the game then Sony pulled the plug on fanatec all together. And remember when gt sport was not compatible with fanatec when it came out. However, looked what happened, fanatec pulled one from nowhere and made the new wheels compatible with not only gt sport but with drive club and drive club vr. I preordered the psvr in the hope that it would make simply racing even better only to find out that most games would not work. Simply racing is an expensive hobbie and at the end of the day we are all taking a chance that our next purchase will be the future of home entertainment. I bet everybody reading this has dropped serious cash on they're rig. And we all want the newest and best hardware. That comes with a price. This time next year we will be moaning about something else and all this will be forgot about. I'm glad I didn't order day one. I love all my fanatec wheels a gear. I've tried logitech and thrustmaster but they simply don't compare. Everybody can keep moaning but we all know you won't be using any other wheel. It will all work out come April.
  • It is a great product. Is the wheelbase compatible with the drillings of playseat F1? If not is there a way to connect it to a Playseat F1? Thanks.
  • edited December 2018
    Is there any chance of a voucher for the PS4 version if its preordered in the next 24-48 hours?  I know the people waiting for the PS4 version haven't had money on the line, but we've been waiting the same amount and many of us would have preordered during the same time as those waiting for the DD1 and DD2, but we weren't given the opportunity to.  Would be really cool if the first day or two of PS4 preorders was treated the same.  
    Difference is that you did not place an order and make a pre-payment yet. ;)
    Does that mean that if we now order the PS4 podium also receive a discount of 349 € on the total?
    no.
    Of course not, why would it? Nice try.
    because the PS4 user will wait at least as long as the PC or XBOX user. Was not a trial but a normal question
    Suppose you're right, the wait has been the same. I would have liked the ps4 version, but figured I would be mainly pc usage. If this had been avail to preorder earlier I would have gone for this one. 

I guess they all should have been announced together, all delayed together, and all got free wheel. :)
    I've sold my T300 right after DD's announce and waited for pre-orders start.. everyday's "soon" made me to check PRW page twice a day(!) Thus I think it made me nervous twice more than people who decided to pre-order DD1/DD2. I find it's price completely justified. But in the end we have to wait for 5 months more as well.. but no sorry word for PlayStation users. Injustice.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Do you have plans to decrease the DD1 back to standard spec after you guys figure out why it’s not performing as well as you would like? ie: putting the lesser motor back in with less torque? I can’t see you guys coming out with a product, then decreasing its performance after people review and start to enjoy the DD1. Thanks
    All I can say is that if the motor were to change, it would only be done if we were completely satisfied with its performance, and we would communicate the changes clearly beforehand.

Will the 2019 F1 wheel rim promised to the customers that pre-ordered DD1 and DD2 include the magnetic paddleshifters?
    The P APM is not included.

Is there any chance the paypal Ratenzahlung method will be supported at least for the Podium series?
    I asked the sales team about this. We are working on it, but it's a complicated process so we can't make any promises.

Hi , Dom :) I have read this on the Podium PS4 product page .

(Firmware can be updated with new features ).
    (Motor driver firmware can also be updated.).

On the page of dd1 and dd2
    ( Motor driver firmware can also be updated. ) is not present

Can I ask if the motor firmware is upgradable even on dd1 and dd2 abses ?

this new features
    ( Introducing new FFB tuning features like speed sensitive dampening )
    is available even on ps4 DD or only for dd1, dd2 ?.

Thank you.
    The firmware characteristics of all three bases are essentially the same. I've added the 'motor firmware' line to the DD1 and DD2 pages.

In terms of the speed sensitive dampening, this relates to the Podium Software Suite, which is only available for PC. Of course you can use the Podium Software Suite with the Podium Racing Wheel F1 when it is used on PC.

The ClubSport Table Clamp V2 is compatible, however I would recommend that you use a very sturdy and heavy table if you plan to use a Podium wheel base at anywhere close to full performance.

It is a great product. Is the wheelbase compatible with the drillings of playseat F1? If not is there a way to connect it to a Playseat F1? Thanks.
    The Podium wheel bases have the same three-hole mounting points as the CSL and ClubSport bases. The measurements can be found on the DD1 and DD2 product pages in the downloads section. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer to ask them if the rig is strong enough. Bear in mind the Podium wheel bases are not only much stronger than a ClubSport base, but also about twice as heavy.
  • Thank you, Dom :)

• Noel GrunderNoel Grunder Member
    edited December 2018
    @Thomas Jackermeier Es wäre eigentlich nur fair, wenn wir Preorder Käufer, wo die „Katze im Sack“ kaufen, als Dankeschön und als Vertrauensbeweis ebenfalls 5 Jahre Garantie bekommen würden. Wenn die Podiums wirklich qualitativ das halten was ihr verspricht, dann sollte dies von Eurer Seite ja kein Problem darstellen.
  • I preordered the DD1 PS4 version. 
    Is the wheelbase compatible with other of your Fanatec wheels to use on PS4?
    I would like to have the BMW GT2 rim on the wheelbase when playing Project CARS 2 on PS4.

Is the DD1 PS4 version compatible with any 3rd party pedals like the upcoming Heusinkveld Sprint for games on PC or PS4?
  • Why would you not research this properly before ordering something? Some things I just don't understand!

Keith. 
    I would like to have the BMW GT2 rim on the wheelbase when playing Project CARS 2 on PS4.

Is the DD1 PS4 version compatible with any 3rd party pedals like the upcoming Heusinkveld Sprint for games on PC or PS4?
    As far as I now you can use other pedals.. they have to be connected to the base in order to work.
  • edited December 2018
    Jacob, BMW rim will work without any issues according to the product description. Just like any other Clubsport rim or CSL or CSL Elite rim.

• Is the DD1 PS4 version compatible with any 3rd party pedals like the upcoming Heusinkveld Sprint for games on PC or PS4?
    You can play with DD1 PS4 version and Heusinkveld pedals only on PC, to play on PS4 you will need Fanatec pedals.

As far as I now you can use other pedals.. they have to be connected to the base in order to work.
    no! You can only connect Fanatec pedals to the wheel base, all other pedals wont work. So you can only use Fanatec pedals on console! On pc however you can connect any pedals via USB and use it together with the DD1 PS4.

And ALL steering wheels will work on PS4 with the DD1 PS4. ;-)
  • So what was situation now with this base and compability with XOne if you put XOne wheel/wheelbase to it? Early there was said/information that its possible to use this also with XOne if you put those XOne-wheels to it. Of course I think that was said like "unoffially". But is that still so or were they forced to put some circuitry in this base to make that impossbile?

On the other hand  I can purchase DD1 or DD2 and then use it on PC/XOne and use converter(like drivehub or similar) to make it use with PS4 too.
  • Wow beautifull product !!
    Play only on PC but love this product :-)
    Good work Fanatec.