Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• f you have ordered the dd2.
    and the people who have ordered dd1 get the dd2 engine for free?
    then comes down to orphans. you could better order the dd1.
    or is there still a difference between dd1 dd2
  • f you have ordered the dd2.
    and the people who have ordered dd1 get the dd2 engine for free?
    then comes down to orphans. you could better order the dd1.
    or is there still a difference between dd1 dd2
    Just compare the specs on the product pages. Of course there are still differences. DD1 holding Torque 15Nm vs DD2 holding Torque 20Nm. DD1 peak Torque 20Nm vs DD2 holding Torque 25Nm. DD1 warranty 2 years vs DD2 warranty 5 years. (additional 3 year warranty extension can be bought separately for the DD1 with a cost of 300€). DD1 aluminum housing plates vs DD2 real carbon Fibre housing plates. DD1 no Killswitch (can be bought separately) vs DD2 comes with included Killswitch. Because of higher Torque the DD2 can also accelerate faster.
  • Does the DD1 run at 1000Hz? It is mentioned for the DD2, but not for the DD1 on the product page 
    On the English Webshop page it's listed also with 1000Hz for the DD1.
  • marten vissermarten visser Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for your quick reply. does anyone also know when .die gold bracket comes on the site. for the base. because then they can be in the same shipment (:
  • So what does everybody want to play first and with which wheel? How are you imagining your first test with the DD, and what will it look like? Just a question to help pass the time! For me it will be iracing with the Porsche 918 wheel, probably driving some kind of GT3 car! Can’t wait.
  • edited April 2019
    So what does everybody want to play first and with which wheel? How are you imagining your first test with the DD, and what will it look like? Just a question to help pass the time! For me it will be iracing with the Porsche 918 wheel, probably driving some kind of GT3 car! Can’t wait.
    put the DD1 into eternal spin and roast me a freaking good chicken !

no for real unboxing video. probably testing iracing with the cars i run at the moment and take a video of it.(f2.0 and f3.5) and trying indy and map all cars i use. after that will probably try rfactor 2 and assetto corsa and try a lot of oversteer. especially with my 270mm f1 round wheel plus testing the dual clutch system. ! the rig will be ready to host the dd base. will do cassis adjustment when the wheel is received in other word: can"t wait.

• Does the DD1 run at 1000Hz? It is mentioned for the DD2, but not for the DD1 on the product page 
    On the English Webshop page it's listed also with 1000Hz for the DD1.
    Thank you Maurice :)
  •  Cristian Cristian Member
    edited April 2019

I was hoping that they would deliver it like my F1 2018 LIMITED, as it came with joy before they told me ... I hope they ship fast

at least some videos every week could do it or give it to some youtuber
  • Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited April 2019
    Hello Dominic, it has been mentioned that the Podium Porsche Rim will be available later in the year & that the F1 2019 LE rim will also be exclusively available for people who pre-ordered the DD1/2 prior to December with the voucher.

1) Is it possible these will both be announced at the same time, or is the Porsche Rim still much later in the year than the F1 2019 June/July release?

2) In addition to each being sold separately, is it possible the Podium Porsche Rim, Wheel Adaptor, Paddle Module & Button Plate will also have a package option, similar to how the Clubsport Steering Wheels come now with the Clubsport Steering Wheel Universal Hub?

Just trying think how I should use the voucher, as I don't want to order extra Podium Paddle Modules now if they might come as a package later.

3) Also you mentioned that the Podium Wheel Adaptor is not quite the same as a Universal Hub due to its modularity. Are you able to elaborate on this? Will there be a separate Podium Button Hub option (other than the Porsche GT3 button plate) similar to the Universal Hub that can be used between the Wheel Adaptor & Wheel + Paddle Module?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I have the same questions and a lot of other people. Please say something about this Podium Wheeladapter and the Porsche rim with new buttonbox. Can we expect something in the near future? Or is it far away.
    It's a little bit strange that you tease these things half a year ago and then it's never mentioned again.

an answer/ status update would be very nice.

Greetings :)
  • Heck it would be nice to know when the podium paddle module will ship and if there are some available in the first shipment still. 
  • Heck it would be nice to know when the podium paddle module will ship and if there are some available in the first shipment still. 

As the Webshop in Europe still says delivery 30th of April, I would say there are still some first batch shifter modules available. The delivery date for the sold out DDs is already set to June...

As the Webshop in Europe still says delivery 30th of April, I would say there are still some first batch shifter modules available. The delivery date for the sold out DDs is already set to June...
    I think you will find that the June date is for new orders, the pre orders get delivery end of this month for the dd's
  • Hey people, what is the name of the connector I need to plug in my Pedals V2 ( PS2 ) connection, with the podium wheel?

I think you will find that the June date is for new orders, the pre orders get delivery end of this month for the dd's

I get this, the comparison was just made for Joel as he asked if the shifter module is still available. I know (although I just believe it when it arrives at my door) that the pre orders for the DD wheels will be delivered end of month.
  • :)

It’s great that we get no info from Fanatec, so we have to rely on leaked videos and images and guess what will be released next.

It’s great that we get no info from Fanatec, so we have to rely on leaked videos and images and guess what will be released next.
    The video was not leaked so you can take this as an official and intended tease directly from Fanatec ;)
  • What I need to buy to have that combinason ? Wheel+QR+Podium paddle ?
  • edited April 2019
    Marc-Antoine Thibault şöyle dedi:
    Bu kombinasyona sahip olmak için neye ihtiyacım var? Tekerlek + QR + Podyum raketi?
    From what I understand, that new hub.

The video was not leaked so you can take this as an official and intended tease directly from Fanatec ;)

Nothing has been officially stated from Fanatec, it could be just a sample they have, we won’t know until someone from Fanatec says so. Why not announce it here first? Why did Fanatec not tell us anything about the video? The same happened when the released the Red V2 rim, it was seen in a video and Fanatec still denied that it was the new rim. It seems they want to keep their customers in the dark guessing for as long as possible. I have been waiting months for this rim to be unveiled so I can decide what to spend my voucher on, if this is the new rim I think it’s tacky and I prefer the red V2 rim, not a problem I’ll just order the V2 rim but now I’ve missed the first batch and will have to wait for the second batch which means I will have no rim to use on my DD1 until June. The marketing department doesn’t seem to know it’s ass from its elbow.
  • I see the Youtube video has already been taken down.

Boring.

The video was not leaked, it was an intended release? That’s why it’s been taken down off YouTube right?
  • edited April 2019

I don't know, but it was in his official Youtube Channel. The only thing new was the supposed new F1 rim, probably what we'll get preorderers.

I don't like it so much, all silver and looks leather grips.

• @Dominic Brennan

Hi Dominic,
    when will the motor be changed in the DD1 ?
    If I now order the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4, does it still have the same motor as the DD2 ?
    I would like to buy the DD2 because I play mainly on the PC, but unfortunately this is not compatible with the PS4, aswellas my V2.5 .
    And I would like to try GT Sport with a steering wheel.

Greetings  Heinz Glanzer

• @Dominic Brennan

Hi Dominic,
    when will the motor be changed in the DD1 ?
    If I now order the Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4, does it still have the same motor as the DD2 ?
    I would like to buy the DD2 because I play mainly on the PC, but unfortunately this is not compatible with the PS4, aswellas my V2.5 .
    And I would like to try GT Sport with a steering wheel.

Greetings  Heinz Glanzer

Yes it will come with the DD2 motor. They said several times that they will announce it very clear when they eventually update the motor of the DD1 to the real DD1 motor. Maybe they even change the product name to Podium DD1.5 or something like that to make it Cristal clear for everybody. Until then, EVERY base will come with DD2 motor.
  • I thought that this waiting time flies. But these few weeks going to be hard ! [-O<
    I have been waited 30th April like kid wait Christmas ! 
  • Thank you Maurice.
  • i like the New Rim! Beautifull!
  • I like the leather on the new wheel, not crazy about the silver.  But I'll buy it if it does NOT have 

Description

Alcantara.  Wonder if they addressed the concerns about the rotaries not being stiff enough though