Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• Thanks for the quick response Dominic, that's good to hear. Appreciate your help :)
  • How do I know I'm in the first batch?
    Pre-order 15/11/2018 DD1.
    Thanks.
  • If you preordered untill March 15 2019 I think you are in the first batch
  • edited April 2019
    Hi Dominic , I am using CSPV2 , and I know if plug direct to PC it will have 10bits resolutions, to wheelbase it only get 8 bits , what happen if I plug into DD1 ? Is it same providing 8 bits or can have native 10 bits? Thx
  • If you preordered untill March 15 2019 I think you are in the first batch
    Sounds good. Thank you.
  • edited April 2019
    Thank you, Dom :).
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    Anyone else checking for a new PODIUM Direct Drive Video Series episode multiple times a day? Considering how many subsequent videos were referred to in the first, I was hoping we would get a new one every day or two. 3 days in now and no second one yet.

I took note of the possible videos being referred to in the introduction and came up with the following list. With a possible 7 in total, there could be a video around every 4 days. It is also possible some of these topics will be combined & we will only receive one each Sunday until release date. Either way I am excited!

1 - Introduction to DD Video Series
    2 - Compatibility Video (covering PC, PS4, Xbox & the Fanatec Eco System)
    3 - Motor and Dynamics Video (including details on wireless technology)
    4 - OLED Display & Tuning Menu Video
    5 - Gaming Developer Support
    6 - Podium Software & Unique Dashboard
    7 - DD1 vs DD2 Force Feedback Strength comparisons
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Dominic , I am using CSPV2 , and I know if plug direct to PC it will have 10bits resolutions, to wheelbase it only get 8 bits , what happen if I plug into DD1 ? Is it same providing 8 bits or can have native 10 bits? Thx
    Hi Lok Leong, if you plug it into the DD1, you will get 8-bit resolution with the V2 pedals.
  • They will surely ship on the 4th week of apreil max. Pretty confident almost ALL DD will be already shipped on the 30th of april. maybe even earlier
  • also, what mean podium adapter ?
  • Hi there, any news regarding the Podium Paddle Upgrade? Will these ship aswell by the end of april?
    Yes that is the plan.

Hi Dominic, thank you again for your answer. Does the Podium Paddle Module come pre installed with the shorter formula style paddles?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    also, what mean podium adapter ?
    There is no product called a 'Podium Adapter'. We have a Podium Hub, which I have previously referred to as a 'wheel adapter'. This is the golden hub piece that we displayed at the SimRacing Expo 2018. It is a modular piece that can be combined with the button module and paddle module and form the Porsche 911 GT3 R Endurance steering wheel. In its most stripped-down form, it can be used as just a basic hub for third party wheel rims (or indeed full custom steering wheels connected to PC via USB), combined with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter.

Hi Dominic, thank you again for your answer. Does the Podium Paddle Module come pre installed with the shorter formula style paddles?
    Yes it does.

• Hi Dominic, thank you again for your answer. Does the Podium Paddle Module come pre installed with the shorter formula style paddles?
    Yes it does.
    Perfect! Thank you! :)
  • I read that the DD1 will soon be more expensive. What can you say about that?
  • Hello All,

Could somebody or maybe Thomas please clarify if the PS4 version base will be available separately  in the future?
    i now ended up with having bought the Limited edition gold wheel. And i can only order the base with a steering wheel already attached
    which of course makes no sense.

Please clarify fanatec!.

Thank you.

• Hello All,

Could somebody or maybe Thomas please clarify if the PS4 version base will be available separately  in the future?
    i now ended up with having bought the Limited edition gold wheel. And i can only order the base with a steering wheel already attached

Please clarify fanatec!.

Thank you.

This was answered several times now. There are currently no plans to sell either the DD1 PS4 Base nor the Formula v2 PS4 edition seperately. However, if you dont want both Formula wheels you can sell them on ebay for example. They are both kind of limited editions and therefore have a very good re-sell price.
  • Hello All,

Please clarify fanatec!.

Thank you.

This was answered several times now. There are currently no plans to sell either the DD1 PS4 Base nor the Formula v2 PS4 edition seperately. However, if you dont want both Formula wheels you can sell them on ebay for example. They are both kind of limited editions and therefore have a very good re-sell price.
    Well,

thats pretty f*cked up then for them not mentioning that before...

• Hello All,

Please clarify fanatec!.

Thank you.

Well,

thats pretty f*cked up then for them not mentioning that before...

They mentioned this since day 1 very clearly that there are no plans to sell the PS4 Base separetly but only as a bundle with the F1 rim and the Podium Shifter Paddles because of licencing reasons.
  • edited April 2019
    Hello All,

Please clarify fanatec!.

Thank you.

You could sell the CS Steering Wheel F1 2018 and make your money back, or even make a lil more than you bought for, as there are loads of people that would buy itSport Steering Wheel F1® 201
  • Is there any practical difference between the 'Podium Racing Wheel for PS4' and a DD1 + Formula V2 + Paddle Module package?
    (beside the PS4 compatibility and colours, of course).

I'm primarily on PC, but I have a PS4 as well, and I kind of like the blue wheel, so if the two packages perform exactly the same on the PC I think I would prefer the PS4 version.

Podium Racing Wheel F1

Podium Racing Wheel F1

• Is there any practical difference between the 'Podium Racing Wheel for PS4' and a DD1 + Formula V2 + Paddle Module package?

I'm primarily on PC, but I have a PS4 as well, and I kind of like the blue wheel, so if the two packages perform exactly the same on the PC I think I would prefer the PS4 version.

Podium Racing Wheel F1

Podium Racing Wheel F1

They are exactly the same. They both share the same DD2 motor with the same restricted electronics, zero difference other than cosmetic and PS4 chip in the PS4 Base.

They are exactly the same. They both share the same DD2 motor with the same restricted electronics, zero difference other than cosmetic and PS4 chip in the PS4 Base.
    Perfect, thanks for the quick response :)

Perfect, thanks for the quick response :)

The PS4 bundle works out cheaper too.
  • Sascha MagelSascha Magel Member
    edited April 2019
    No mention of GT sport either for receiving support? Can we expect to get support for this game for this wheel? Or will it be in a comparability mode for this game? If so what kind of mode will that be?
    GT Sport works with the Podium Racing Wheel F1 in exactly the same way as it does with the CSL Elite WB+ / Racing Wheel, but at dramatically higher performance. No compatibility mode, it just works.
    I have already posted the following on gtplanet. But since the upcoming ps4 racing wheel could be affected and fanatec has a contact to Polyphony Digital. I would like to draw your attention to the following problem. 
    The function for the left stick of the steering wheels of the clubsport series is no longer supported in GT Sport. (See screenshot below right)

After the last game update 1.36 / 1.37 the stick does not work anymore. I used the stick for the camera control in the race. I also used it to move the cursor in the menus. Currently the stick only works like a second x button. I would be very grateful if you could confirm this fact and pass it on to Polyphony Digital.

Many Thanks.

Written with Google translator
  • It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)
    so now people also can see the kill switch, if you've looked closely
  • edited April 2019
    It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)
  • I currently have a Playseat F1, with a thrust master mounted on it. I am going to make the upgrade to the DD1/ Podium wheel, but I don't know if the DD1 will be able to me mounted on the Playseat mounting plate. If they are compatible, how many holes need to be drilled?
  • Gavin DaviesGavin Davies Member
    edited April 2019
    It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)

Already seen the photo Hughie posted, and it’s funny that guy has two of the DD bases yet doesn’t seem to know how to set the height and angle correctly for them.
  • It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)

Already seen the photo Hughie posted, and it’s funny that guy has two of the DD bases yet doesn’t seem to know how to set the height and angle correctly for them.
    Gavin it would appear that you are out of the loop a lil bit, I think the height and angle must be right for him, Google him and that will explain why his fov is right for him. Sorry bud.