Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Yup - like not even telling us a new beta is out.

Here is the new changelog if anyone cares -

Driver 374

Changelog :

- All Bases 

- Fixed Tuning Menu settings not getting saved when switching off base before leaving the Tuning Menu 

- Fixed steering wheel vibration not working 

- Fixed issue of 16-bit force calculation which could cause a wheel base freeze while driving 

- Added support for CSL E WRC Steering Wheel

Podium Direct Drive wheel bases  

- Fixed CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 display and LED flickering in PC and PS4 mode 

- Improved CSL E P1 steering wheel display and LED flickering in XBO mode 

- Fixed CSL E P1 steering wheel inconsistent button inputs and miss-shifts 

- Fixed issue of knock when turning off the wheel base 

- Fixed an USB communication issue which could cause a wheel base freeze 

- Fixed an issue which could cause a wheel base freeze when operating the Tuning Menu 

- Fixed Intelligent Telemetry Mode (ITM) stability options which could cause ITM or the wheel base to freeze 

- Fixed some rounding issues of ITM telemetry values 

- Fixed jolts/spikes/kicks of FFB when using the default DD screen which shows the “Fanatec” logo. We recommend staying on this screen because other screens can still cause this issue! 

- Fixed damper effects being rough and coggy when using analysis screens on the DD display 

- For ITM telemetry to work FanaLab 1.47 or higher is needed 

CSL Elite Wheel Base 1.0 

- Fixed DRI mode not working correctly 

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 

- Drift mode setting (DRI) now has a max setting of +3 to prevent excessive oscillations 

- Added beta(!) support for Podium Button Module Endurance, please provide feedback if you already have one. This is not officially supported yet and not guaranteed to work perfectly. Please update the wheel base firmware before attaching the button module. It can take a couple of seconds until the driver shows the BME.

- Added bootloader to update BME 

- Fixed McLaren wheel MPS not working 

Podium Hub + ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 

- Fix for steering wheel related freezes 

Podium Button Module Endurance 

- Now all 5 ITM pages are available 

- ITM stability improvements 

- Fixed some rounding issues of ITM telemetry values 

- Fixed cosmetic issues of ITM telemetry 

- Fixed BME display freeze between centre and shifter calibration after an update 

- Fixed issue of FunkySwitch press causing double inputs of X and PS button 

- For ITM telemetry to work FanaLab 1.47 or higher is needed 

Driver Interface 

- Update button for P DD WQR firmware update (Wireless Quick Release) 

- Formula V2 LED test now shows multiple colors instead of only white 

- Text adjustments 

Firmware included 

- CSW V1 Base: V675 (NEW) 

- CSW V2 Base: V675 (NEW) 

- CSW V2.5 Base: V675 (NEW) 

- CSL E Base: V675 (NEW) 

- CSL E Base PS4: V675 (NEW) 

- CSL E WB+ and CSW V2.5 Motor: V22 

- DD Base: V675 (NEW) 

- P DD1 Motor: V40 

- P DD2 Motor: V40 

- McLaren Wheel: V31 

- Formula V2 Wheel: V35 (NEW) 

- Podium Hub: V3 (NEW) 

- Button Module Endurance: V13 (NEW) 

Known Issues 

- Podium wheel base jolts can still happen on ITM or analysis screens of the DDs display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. 

- In combination with FanaLab and a SEN AUTO setting, the steering angle can change to 360 even though it should be 1080. A workaround is to open the driver interface once or use SEN of 1080. 

- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module is shown as Podium Advanced Paddle Module in the driver and needs one shifter input to be shown on the test page. This is only a cosmetic issue, the input works as intended.

• That's not a new Changelog, it's the same Changelog as for the driver 373 which can be found on page 1 of this thread. Only change for 374 is the addition of WRC compatibility, nothing else was changed/added/fixed.

• That's exactly the point I made above.

But this is the new Changelog included in 374. Looks like we agree that it should only include the WRC compatibility changes - yet it contains lots of earlier changes too. It's all a mess.

• You are one special kind Gary, you'll always find something to moan about.

• Good Morning.

Please, where is the 374 driver located?

I can't find it.

• I return on 347...Thank Maurice

• Wheel Base Model: DD2

Steering Wheel Model: Podium Hub

Driver Version: v374

Base FW Version: v675

Motor FW Version: v40

Wheel FW Version: v3

I've tried multiple reinstalls and I can recreate the following problem 100% of the time: if Overall FFB Strenth [FF] is greater than 40% then the base crashes and loses connectivity within 30 seconds after beginning a lap; set to 35%, I can drive laps without issue. I also tried backing out the Driver to older versions, eg 373, 356, 352, and the problem persists. Very frustrating to be an unpaid beta tester.

• Im trying to send a support ticket thru fanatec website,and even that doesnt work,every time after I click on submit the form,it just wipes all the comments ive wrote in it,so it kind of leaves me no choices other then posting it here.

Wheel Base Model: DD2

Steering Wheel Model: Podium Hub

Driver Version: v374

Base FW Version: v651

Motor FW Version: v40

dear support:

SERIAL NUMBER:KL43900904

I have not had a chance to use the dd2 until today,and I have ran into some issues:

After turning on the wheel base,it asks for an firmware update,as the wheelbase goes into bootloader mode(flashing white led),I try to click on connect button,but it only shows up with an error message:Please connect the wheel correctly and set it into booloader mode.

It seems like the issue is only there once wheelbase is switched to bootloader mode after powered on.

I have tried every single driver,including all versions of beta driver from the official forum with no success,other then the motor driver can be updated only,with motor fan constantly on 100% duty even after motor sensor calibreation was carried out.

I have also tried the following with no success:

-changed to different usb port of the pc (2.0 & 3.0)

-tried using an powered hub

-took off p hub and installed driver

-disconnected pedals,shifter & handbrake

-disconnected all usb connected devices to PC

-device manager delete device & rescan device

-swap to different ports of usb input in pc while in bootloader mode

-USB selective suspend setting is disabled

-manually switch input into bootloader mode

Running on Windows 10 pro.64bit system.

Hopfully someone from fanatec could get in touch with me asap,this is literally the first time I have turned the wheel on !

• So many complaint issues regarding beta drivers. Makes you feel not taking the chance to play russian roulette installing them isn't it? Thank God I've only installed official drivers from the product download/s and don't have any such issues. I paid too much much for my Fanatec equipment to run into problems.

• Im actually expressing frustration at the incompetent, slow, haphazard and frankly, amateur way that Fanatec develop and release software, as well as the response that ordinary customers receive when this unfinished software leads to problems and confusion. If reducing this to 'moaning' makes it easier for you to process then so be it.

• Daniel DurkeeDaniel Durkee Member
    edited September 2020

I rarely update because the process is so unreliable. But I chose to update now because I have not in several months and I wanted to try the new version of Fanalab; I have a DD2, I should be able to update the drivers and take of advantage of all that it offers. It is lame to have to decide between risky updates for new features vs stability on much older software versions. At this point I have a DD2 that is essentially in Limp mode.

• With the new release-of-build-1121 at rfactor 2, change log text "Added correct max torque to Fanatec CSW v1, v2, V2.5 and Direct Drive profiles", the FFB with the Fanatec driver 372/3/4 , again as usual, so excellent!

• good ! I would like to know if the official driver 374 of the steering wheel wrc. could you download it for fanatec csl elite ps4 base?

what changes does it have with respect to the 373 beta

Greetings

• It is NOT a new official driver. It is the beta driver 373 with the only change being the addition of the WRC wheel... You can download the new driver, but there is no benefit for you, if you don't have the WRC Wheel.

• I wish I had the luxury of an official driver/firmware that did the job with no issues, I would stop visiting this forum every day in the hope of finding a solution to my wheel freezes.

• David SmithDavid Smith Member
    edited September 2020

What platform and racing hardware are you using?

I'm on PS4 console. CSL Elite PS4 starter kit base and wheel. CS V3 pedals.

I've had the base and wheel a couple years now (knock on wood still going good. And just got the V3 pedals about 2 weeks now.

• PC: DD2 + Formula V2 + APM + inv V3

• I wonder, if the DD1/2 are capable of more than 16 bit? Will there be another performance update, that would potentially increase the resolution? I know, not a big deal for many users, but I can still notice the cogging, notchiness, graininess in the wheel

• Cogging notchiness and graininess has nothing to the with Resolution. Extremely unlikely that there will be more than 16bit.

• Kamen KunevKamen Kunev Member
    edited September 2020

I probably shouldn't have written 'cogginess' and 'notchiness', because a resolution of about 38 per mm(for the formula rim diameter) could not be described with cogging and notchiness. Probably, not even graininess is possible to be felt at that resolution.

Anyways, is the graininess an inherent trait of the motor and is it curable, without loosing feel in the wheel?

• You will always feel a bit cogging, notchiness and graininess, it's the nature of an out runner motor. It will never be butter smooth like belt driven wheels.

• 16 bit is actually pretty decent.

I also feel the cogging on the DD1, and I feel what I'd describe as an electric vibration - I believe this is the anti-cogging algorithm pushing the wheel back and forth in an attempt not to make the cogging as noticeable (ultimately both are noticeable on long stretches of straight tracks. - It's definitely bad enough that if Fanatec one day released a DD10 and DD20, and those solved that issue, and the constant electric vibration issue, I'd upgrade immediately.

• "Quick Question"; if I have 372 should I download this? I just had an issue where my Podium Racing Wheel F1 (DD1) just disconnected from my pc, literally 5 minutes ago which is why I'm here, while in game (F12020) Never happened before maybe a USB Connection Issue with Driver 372? The rim stayed lit up but the wheel base shut off and showed on my PC the "your wheel base has been opened in bootloader mode" pop up, The Update Firmware or restart wheel screen pop up. I would report it but I've been to the "report an issue" thing and it's sooo much to input without having 100% exact details.

• Michael Salas, no need to update to 373.

There was an issue in 372 that impacted a few people with DD1/2 - updating the WQR firmware. So long as you don't update your WQR firmware with that driver, you'll be fine and the rest of the firmware is the same. 373 just removed the updater for WQR until they can get it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.