Fanatec Driver 434 (Release Candidate) (previously 432beta) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Also why have a connection on the wheelbase for pedals when you can't update the firmware using it. Have to disconnect from wheelbase, connect to USB, update, then disconnect USB and then reconnect pedals to base. Would have been great if it was possible to update when connected to base. Too easy for people that don't know, to have both connected at the same time. And we know what happens then.

• That is a shame. Is the only real advantage of connecting pedals to wheel the fact that you can adjust the brake force easily in game? Besides the fact that you save a USB that is. If so, can brake force be adjusted via a Fanalab profile instead if connected to USB?

• edited December 2021
  • I think another advantage of going USB is that the rumble motors can then be separately controlled and customized for use by third party software like SimHub. Especially useful for games that don't have native support. (Speaking of the V3's only at least)

But personally I prefer having easy access to the BRF setting on my wheel, so I go with wheelbase connection. Besides, the pedals don't update often enough anyway(or at least the V3's don't).

• Thanks. But what about the Fanalab part of the question?

• Gear

Podium PS4 Dd1

BME and Podium hub

Driver 434 all current FW

Game GT Sport

Firstly thanks for fixing the turn signal issue!

To further elaborate on the FFB issue which I also experience.

For me it seems to happen hit or miss and also if I do any tuning on track, exit then go back on track. The only way it reverts back is if i power cycle the base.

At first i thought it was placebo because i was setting up a new car profile but it's definitely there. Typically I run FFB at 32. No NFR no NIN. When the issue happens all fidelity or detail is just about lost. When turning the wheel all force seems constant unlike normal when you can feel the initial soft loading of the tire before it becomes stronger as you turn in.

I've tried switching between setups, pausing the game, or exit and go back. Mostly the power cycle only fixes it.

Hope this helps. I'll revert back to 402 until it's sorted out. Another shame sense the changes are quite to my liking.

• Podium DD2/Old Universal Hub/CSPv3

I just updated to 434. Now in Dirt Rally 2.0 if I pause the game so that there's any ffb going on in the wheel it keeps on pulling to that side in the menu. It only resets when I start a new stage. This is quite annoying.

• I updated yesterday from 429 to 434. The update process went smooth, but the feel with the wheel is now... Strange. It feels a bit muted compared to what I felt before the update. As if it had some dampening.

Has any setting changed?

• After every firmware update the settings get reset to default if you dont check that the previous settings get saved and reloaded.

So you have to check for yourself if the settings changed...

• I do have the same settings on my presets. It's a CSL DD with boost kit by the way. On IRacing I don't notice much of a difference, on ACC it's as if it was slightly muffled on the lowest ffb reactions.

I was talking to a guy I know and he has a similar feeling with 434 Vs 429.

• Most likely Placebo as nothing was changed regarding FFB.

• Jesus LucenaJesus Lucena Member
    edited December 2021

I agree Muarice that nothing will be changed. But something happens. I also have the feeling that every time I take the wheel it is different. I turn off the base or repair the controller and reinstall and it works much better. It is the feeling of running with the same car in the same circuit, races in a row and you can tell a difference. The thing is, when I reboot v434 it really feels great. I love it!!!

DD1 ps4

V3

Porsche GT3R

• Hi Maurice, I uninstalled 434 and reinstalled 429 and my weird feeling is gone. Not sure if this is placebo, I'd love to have two parallel systems to try, but I swear I can notice a difference. Maybe I'm just a princess feeling a pea haha

• The guy I was talking too with the same feeling did exactly the same, uninstall driver 434, install 429, leave the firmware as updated by 434 (no firmware downgrades or anything) and he claims he too feels it back to what it was before.

We might sound like crazy, but we are not alone haha.

• A driver alone can not change FFB. If at all then very rarely a Base firmware but most likely a motor Firmware can change FFB. But driver alone with same firmwares is just not possible...

• So you update firmware of all your hardware as prompted by driver 434, then you uninstall driver 434 and install driver 429, and just run the base as is without downgrading firmware to 429, and it feels better than running with driver 434?

• edited December 2021

Nope. That's Placebo as a driver can not change FFB, especially not a driver which only fixed/changed something in the UI and nothing was touched in the underlying core structure.

• I was on 429, with the firm included on 429. I updated to 434, including all the firmware updates, and I had a weird feeling. I uninstalled 434 and reinstalled 429, without downgrading the firmware, and it feels as 429 did.

I know it sounds like crazy... perhaps I had a bad installation on 434? Perhaps it's as you say placebo.. But I do feel it different. I might try reinstalling 434 tomorrow.

• I did the same last time but with 432(?), with the 429 driver nfr was feeling normal

• Hello,

here are my infos:

Wheel Base Model (product ID): CSL DD (Boost)

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ClubSport V2 

Driver Version: Driver 434

Base FW Version: 1.1.3.2

Motor FW Version: 1.0.2.2

Wheel FW Version: 43

FanaLab Version: 1.61.3

Driver/FanaLab installed on C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\ui\

As I saw in the first post the "Wireless Quick Release Firmware is on 6.0.0.2 - after updating all my stuff I'm sitting at 6.0.0.1 . My friend got the exact same setup and he has 6.0.0.2.

My Firmware Manager

I know it is not much a change, but I want to know why this is different. Thank you in advance.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

One is a driver version 432 and the other 434?

• You are not crazy ... have the same feeling with the FFB, there are missing details since 431, as if something is steamed too much ... Unfortunately, there is no believed here and it is disconnected as a placebo or the customer is put down as stupid ... uninstalled drivers uninstalled, reinstalled, firmware tried and fixed that it is definitely a clean and detailed FFB with 429 ... if others are satisfied with 434 that can be good, I'm not and many others not. ..434 feels lifeless in contrast to 434 and I generally drive without any damping, because it falls on ... if that should be a placebo, I laughed broken

• As said, only a firmware can change FFB.

It is absolutely impossible that the FFB feels different just with a different driver with the same firmware used as a driver alone just can not change FFB, only firmware can change FFB.

• No idea what it is then, but the difference of the FFB of versions 429 and 434 is not a placebo, but reality ... Since I generally switch off all damping in the tuning menu, it is immediately emphasizing the difference ... Have a multiple times checked if I have a Damping on, but this was not the case ... In ACC on Spa you remember it immediately, in the box is an asphalt edge, with 429 you realize this very clear, at 434 is not the case ...

• With the same firmwares and same settings? That's just impossible and I just checked and cant reproduce any difference in FFB feel at all, seems something is off with your Setup.

• Hello,

I have a CSL DD (8NM) and recently updated to driver version 4.34 along with FW update for base and motor (recent versions) and update from Fanalab 1.57. to 1.60. The update itself went without any problem, as usual.

Here are the issues I have expericenced since :

1. Sometimes, the FFB feels to "switch" suddenly to a (for me) steady low value and after a while (1 to x secs) comes back up again. This feels very unnatural, it can happen nearly everywhere, on braking , in the middle of a corner (also while coasting) and sometimes even on a straight and I don't think it is a simple grip loss as it is far to too much powerloss. It is even audible as a "soft" clicking noise. As said, this is not happening all the time but far too many times to simply bear with it. Power cycling the base and even rebooting does not really help a lot. Sometimes you can drive for a long time without any problem and then it "flips" and it does so on practically all the sessions I have done. The FFB settings used are based on your recommendation on this forum and there is no problem with the car setups, as this happens with all the setups on all the cars I have tried.
    2. Furthermore on two occasions (for now) the wheel base hung up rotating completely to one side and with frozen speed indicator and rev lights on while in a turn. The wheel self-rotated to the limit (game limit?) of one side and was stuck. When trying to turn back again it immediately went back in that same position. The only solution was to power cycle the device.

I can't recall having had these kind of issues with the previous versions I used which were driver 4.29 and Firmware Version Wheel Base: 1.0.5.3 and Firmware Version Motor Major: 1.0.1.3.

Among other things (different value settings, FFB peak and linear, and so on) I also have reinstalled the driver 4.29 and then finally 4.34 again but the issue remains so I think it could be related to the FW updates for the devices (base or motor or both). Unfortunantely I cannot roll back to these versions as I don't have the FW files and I have not managed to find them on the site or in the forum, so I am stuck on point 4 of the to do list.

Would it possible to post these FW files (base 1.0.5.3 & motor 1.0.1.3) here so I can roll back and try them out again please ?

Is there a possibility to debug monitor the force from that base into some logfile (maybe from fanalab) ?

Currently the device is not really pleasant to drive, as it is nearly impossible to rely on the FFB - you just sit and wait for the next FFB glitch to happen.

Kind regards.

• Old firmwares are automatically included in older drivers, just manually flash the firmware back. No need to load any hex file manually, everything is done automatically.

This discussion has been closed.