Fanatec Driver 440 (BMW M4 GT3 Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
Marcel Pfister Member, Administrator
edited June 2022 in Driver Releases and Discussions
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
- Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Tuning Menu settings
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Changelog since driver 434
Firmware versions included
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 692 (NEW)
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 42
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 184.108.40.206 (NEW)
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 220.127.116.11
- CSW V1 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: 690 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: 690 (NEW)
- CSL / CSW Motor: 22
- Podium SW BMW M4 GT3: 7 (NEW)
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 20
- CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 44
- CS SW RS: 2
- CS SW BMW V2: 2
- CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 1
- GT DD PRO SW: 7
- CSL SW McLaren GT3 V2: 44 (NEW)
- CSL SW McLaren GT3: 33
- CSL SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH: 3
- CS P V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
- CSL P LCK: 1.60
- Fixed driver causing excessive CPU usage in ACC for some users (thanks a lot for your feedback, especially the one from Ioan, this was super helpful)
- Fixed BRF settings not getting saved reliably for USB pedals
- Fixed lowest Clutch Bite Point value being shown as "OFF" instead of "0"
- Fixed Clutch Bite Point not visible in Standard Mode of the Tuning Menu
- Fixed mouse emulation settings sometimes having no defaults
- Added steering wheel firmware update wizard for BMW M4 GT3
- New driver/firmware instructions PDF document included in zip-package of the driver
BMW M4 GT3
- Fixed green MPS input getting delayed when turning quickly
- Fixed sometimes missing button inputs on belt driven bases
- Improved color balance of LED backlights
- Improved switching between normal backlight and revLED mode
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware. We did make significant progress in March and are on a good way, we still need to finish parts of the re-write, do a lot of testing and some fine tuning. We also need to restructure the firmware update process a bit for a smooth transition from old to new base and motor firmware before we will be able to share them, as they communicate differently with each other.
- Natural Friction (NFR) can create a weird FFB sensation and not smooth feeling after some time, we suggest to set it to OFF in case you get this issue. You can raise the Natural Damper (NDP) slightly to compensate for less NFR. For P DD this will be addressed with the re-write mentioned above, after that the improvements will be rolled out to the CSL DD as well.
- When entering a game menu while driving in some games it can happen that the FFB effect doesn't get cancelled which results in the wheel turning to one side. For P DD this will be addressed with the re-write mentioned above, after that the improvements will be rolled out to the CSL DD as well.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
It's mandatory to use FanaLab 1.61.3 or newer with this driver to prevent tuning menu settings being saved/loaded with slightly different settings.
There is also now a version for the BMW M4 GT3, the rest is the same as above
This discussion has been closed.
Any news on jolts? We are now in Q2 of the third year with this problem...
Yes, read the known issue part...
"We did make significant progress in March and are on a good way ..."
So no then. Sorry but i heard a lot of similar "good news" over a year ago. And here we are with nothing new. "Do alot of testing and fine tuning" just means to me that this will go on into next year again.
The cynic is me reads this as development of the new firmware architecture is now underway. :-)
Huh? That is a fresh status update that there was SIGNIFICANT progress made in March. That is more news than you got over the last two years! How can you say there are "no news" then?
It is - and it is even nearly finished. ;-)
That progress was made is not new news. "Significant" is just sugarcoating it so it sounds better. It's been over two year!!! How much longer will it take? I wonder how much time is needed to fix NFR problem...
Please re-read the previous statements regarding the Jolt issue.
Then you will see that even the "progress was made" part is completely new. The previous wording was just this: "We are working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware." and that wording did not contained any informatrion about the progress, just that they were working on a fix but there was not given any information about the status of the progress. So that there is new news about SIGNIFICANT progress now is quite huge and should be appreciated!
And btw, the NFR problem is going to be fixed with the same re-write for the P DD so comes together with the Jolt fix, as also written in the first post in known issues "For P DD this will be addressed with the re-write mentioned above, after that the improvements will be rolled out to the CSL DD as well." Same for the FFB in menu problem. All fixed together at once with the Firmware re-write.
I respect you alot and I don't want to argue with you about some words. You know exactly what i mean.
"And btw, the NFR problem is going to be fixed with the same re-write for the P DD so comes together with the Jolt fix." Now this is some new news. Thank you. I hope it will be fixed at least this year. I can understan a lot, but the jolts, I can't stand them anymore. And nothing but promisses for two years isn't helping.
"We are working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware" actually meant "we know we need to fix this but haven't got around to it yet."
"We did make significant progress in March" means "We finally started this in March". :-)
No, "We did make significant progress in March" means "The re-write we did over the last months is nearly finished". :-)
Might sound like that but is not true, the re-write did go for months but before March the new firmware was bare bones without much functionality.
I can only state the same again, this older firmware developed over the course of ~10 years to what it was now, we can't re-write all of that in just a month or so. If this was done in a month we would have needed to do it dirty like copy pasting code including the old issues which we didn't, we wanted to question lots of approaches made in the past and doing them completely different now.
I'm just jesting, I'm sure we have all said similar things in our jobs - I know I have. :-)
It's been 2 years since the rewrite was first mooted though so I can see why you feel the need to be so defensive. I do understand the issues you will have faced and I'm glad that we might soon see some progress.
Hopefully this might also lead to improvements in the release methodology and a move a way from perpetual public betas. Kept the beta releases to the beta test group - public should only be exposed to release candidates and only if they choose to be. There should always be a completely separate release stream of thoroughly tested version that you are as confident as you can be is not introducing new issues. The way things have been released since I have been here does not give a good impression.
"We did make significant progress in March and are on a good way, we still need to finish parts of the re-write, do a lot of testing and some fine tuning. We also need to restructure the firmware update process a bit for a smooth transition from old to new base and motor firmware before we will be able to share them, as they communicate differently with each other."
Thanks for news Marcel 🙂
What kind of benefits new driver will offer compared to old one?
Jolts are gone (not ever been big problem for me), what else?
Jolts are not gone in this driver yet.
Changelog with new benefits of this driver is in the first post.
I wrote about upcoming driver for DD bases.
Well, in the upcoming new driver with the new re-written Firmware the three known issues of the first post are gonna be fixed...
That's obviously all which can be said at this point...
Yes, that´s why I asked it from Marcel.
There was not allow to talk about upcoming driver ETA, but he kindly answered also for that question at previous driver thread 😉
So maby Marcel can tell something of targets what devs are working for.
btw Maurice, are you beta testers or what is your connection to Fanatec?
I can see You have information what ordinary members do not have.
Hopefully that new forum software which been coming about year now have different status for special members 😉
Yes, it's not really a secret that I am a Betatester since 10 years... ;)
And the target for the new Firmware were mainly the 3 listed known issues (without introducing any new bugs).
CSL DD with a P1 wheel on it. Uninstalled the 439 Driver, rebooted, installed 440, rebooted again. Updated the Base successfully but after that suddenly "there is no wheel attached"?!?!? Of course there is a wheel on. Now all of my profiles are GONE. Im so pissed right now to have all settings lost i've spend hours on to set them up in the first place. Is there a way to recover my settings and get all of them back?
Loosen the Clamp, detach the QR Shaft, re-insert the shaft and fully push it in, re-tighten the Clamp. Then the wheel should be recognized again.
Setups of Tuning Menu will be there again when you chose to save them prior to updating the Firmware when you go back into Advanced Tuning Menu.
After the base was updated the firmware said there's no wheel attached. I had no other chance but cancel the update process... Settings were saved. Now I've done what you just suggested but my profile is still gone. For the record: The wheel was attached the whole time. After the base update I was able to calibrate it manually... I reckon the update process killed my profile. Please, is there any possibility to recover it?
No, then there is no possibility to recover the settings.
Great. Thanks anyways.
Haven't tried this new driver yet but has anyone else epxerienced (ACC only for now) extremely high damping sometimes when hitting drive and leaving the pits? Feels like the damping is at max and it's usually fixed by just stopping the car. It's very intermitten so it's hard to reproduce but I'm only using the ACC damper, no NFR, NDP or NIN in Fanalab.
hy,I have lost all the commands in ACC. I reset them but they return to lose the function just memorized. for the rest it seems ok
dd1, wheel V2 F1,driver 440 , fanalab 1.63.6
having said that we hope for the best for the new FW
It was not resolved in this drive, so I think it should be notified.
"Int does not work when FFB strength generates more than 51% force in P DD"
This should be added to known issues
And found a new problem
CSP V3: Brake sensor shakes terribly in 1.32 firmware
I knew it was an initial defect and got a replacement because of this problem.
The exchanged product had the same problem, so when I rolled back the firmware, the sensor shake disappeared.
The NFR problem seems to be a problem that definitely occurs in F1 games.
Occurs when changing the nfr value to 0 or increasing the value from 0
I hope the problems will be resolved soon
The INT Problem is another issue which is going to be fixed only with the big firmware re-write.
And INT works properly also with FFB strength above 50 when FEI is lower than 100. Issue only occurs when FEI is set to 100 and FFB higher than 50, then INT indeed does no longer work properly.
The CSP Brake flickering is a known side effect of the increased resolution and is the case also in 1.31. You would need to downgrade to 1.30 to get it removed, at the cost of a lower resolution where some fine Modulation of the Brake input might get lost. It's known and on the list for further improvements at some point.
Forza horizon5 crashing is a game developer problem, but it has not been fixed for too long
This is a game where fanatec is introduced as an official supported racing wheel.
Can't fanatec help solve this problem?