FanaLab 2.00.09 Release Candidate (prev. 1.99.02) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• edited October 2023

What I said :)

Anyway, we go too much offtopic. My profiles can be discussed in the share your profile thread as they are not related to FanaLab itself for which this thread is for.

• Did 6 hours of Silverstone on LFM yesterday, not once did it crash.

I would like to think that it's the powering off bug fix that fixed it, but I don't wanna assume that.

Maurice, could you perhaps look at my log files and confirm? Or could it be because I used your profiles instead of my own? I just want to know for in case I ever have the same issue again.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the response. You are right. It makes more sense to keep it this way. If I play around with settings and testing it on different cars and different tracks to get a good base setting, you don't want it to jump back to the default every time you change cars.... Sometimes we don't clearly think of all the scenarios. Overcomplicated programming will just cause more bugs.

• This is exactly the reason and the thinking behind why it's designed as it is.

Glad you also see the benefit of this behaviour :)

• Bradley McCoyBradley McCoy Member
    edited October 2023

Hi - I have recently installed 2.00.06 with drivers 451. The wheel spin and wheel lock telemetry flags for the LEDs don't sem to be functioning correctly for ACC- they are triggering when the wheel is turned with no throttle applied (and the wheels are not locked/slipping).

The spin/lock lights in game are not indicating, suspect it may be something with the updated version of Fanalab. 1.99.05 functioned correctly for me.

• Getting a Fanalab crash on 2.00.06 when trying to enable RevLEDs, log below. Happens on both my wheels (Formula V2.5, CSL BMW). Tried clean install, with/without game running, wheelbase (CSL DD) in standard/compat mode - nothing fixes it.

Only thing I noticed vs the current release build, all the LED settings are disabled by default (release build has everything enabled by default)

• Hello Maurice. There must have been some update because they flash for me in all gears. It has an easy solution. It's more of an informative note ;)

• edited October 2023

Nope, just tested again and as you can see in this video, they do NOT flash on the Flash redline RPM value but 100 RPM later. And this offset is technically not possible to reflect via FanaLab. ONLY in 2nd gear they flash at the Flash Redline RPM value immediately, which is properly reflected in the profile with an Interval of 500ms. In all other gears I have set the Interval to Static because the in-game LEDs simply do NOT flash on the Flash Redline.

When they flash in-game in every gear for you then that means you are simply shifting too late ;)

• I've had a lot of random jolt since this new version of fanalab. On Iracing, rf2 and acc.

Tonight on iracing, this was followed by a saturated ffb afterwards. Should I have uninstalled the old version of fanalab before installing this one to avoid this kind of problem?

• edited October 2023

FanaLab can not introduce Jolts.

More likely a coincidence. Root cause is most likely the still happening random steering input jump firmware issue.

How to install FanaLab is also not as important as the driver, no need to uninstall the old version first (even though I do so personally).

• I thought it had been corrected since version 442 and the rewriting of the firmware. Especially since I didn't have as many before. I hope they will be able to definitively eliminate the problem in the future.

• edited October 2023

The jolt issue was because the FFB calculation experienced random hickups when the P DD display had to calculate changes for the display. Those calculations were separated with the rewritten firmware since driver 442 so they can't affect each other anymore and the issue of the jolt istself was solved by that. 

Whats left now are steering input jumps which can also result in a jolt coming from the game, they are not entirely solved yet unfortunately. But I think it was resolved for most, most of the time with the latest driver and only happens very rarely.

On top of that there can also be jolts, which just come from the game because of the roadmesh. Those are the ones, which are reproducible and are not an issue but an intended jolt effect from the game...

But nonetheless, definitely not FanaLab related.

• I'm going to run some more tests. What strikes me as odd is that this is happening on 3 different simulators (in a single evening).

I'm going to run tests with and without the fanalab activated. HIer what was very clear was that when this happened (SF23 spa iracing) the ffb then became both hard, linear and without effects. It was the first time I'd had that feeling.

• That does not sound like a Jolt which only gives a sudden Peak FFB Jolt effect for 1ms.

Sounds like something different.

iRacing is not the best Sim to test as their latest 2023 Season 04 update actually indeed introduced an issue where Jolts can happen, experienced the same, but again, unrelated to FanaLab as the Lab can not cause Jolts.

Therefore I think it's better to discuss in driver / firmware Feedback thread (or even an entirely new thread as it also Doesnt really sound like an issue which is driver / firmware related)...

• Hi, I also experience app crashes when I try to load a profil which have a "LED" feature activated. If I uncheck "LED" the loading work and the app does not crash.

It happens every time.

You'll find my logs attached.

• This was tested but can not be reproduced at all. Spin and Lock is working exactly as intended per side when they get triggered by the telemetry.

Can you upload the profile which gives you that issue?

Also worth to uninstall FanaLab and completely re-install it with the reset function enabled during the FanaLab installation to eliminate all kind of possible bugs from previous versions.

• Hi.

I have sent you a PM, can you test what I have included in there?

Current theory is that something is broken with your profiles. Therefore it would also be not too bad if you could upload your profiles here?

Afterwards you could also delete the content in AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab to see if it still crashes (Note: this will delete your current profiles and CDALP bindings, so make a Backup).

Also, which FanaLab version did you used before where it still worked fine? Is it working fine again when you downgrade back to that older previous version?

• Okay okay. Thanks for the clarification...in short. I'm changing gears when it doesn't play!! Ha ha ha. I'll correct it then. Thanks Maurice!! :)

• Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your quick answear.

I tried to use the RC you private sent me but I have the exact same behavior.

As requested you will find attached the profile I try to load (In a zip as PWS is not accepted on the forum). This profile is simply the "Recommended FFB Setting - Podium DD2 (iR)" tweaked a bit in order to set the LEDs.

I also tried to remove everything (uninstal + remove folders) but it doesnt changed the behavior.

I do not remember the version I had previously as I made a sim break for almost 4 months. I would say it was the version from April. On this topic, what is the previous version? Still the 1.69 (from end of 2022)? There is no version between 69 et 00? I could test to revert back to the previous one to see if I get the same issue. As I was in VR previously I had led deactivated so I never really looked at this feature since few days ago when I jumped on triple.

• Thx.

In the meantime our dev found something which he thinks was the cause of the issue.

I have sent you another new version to test via PM.

• Hi Maurice, Just tested and I confirm that this new version has fixed my issue. No more app crash when loading à profile with led activated. Thanks à lot for your quick feedback and solution.

• Thanks for taking a look. I will remove Fanalab with reset and then try again. Here is the profile I am using with the Podium M4 wheel

• edited October 2023

• Hi all, I'm having an issue.  Fanalab is crashing when I click on the switch to Enable 'RevLEDs' (under the LED tab). This happens regardless of the Game Profile I have selected. Every one of them results in a CTD.

Relevant information:

Equipment - CSL DD, ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports V2, CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit (via Base)

Software - PC Driver 451, Fanalab V2.00.06

For each game in Fanalab, the 'Enable Telemetry' and 'Enable FanaLab's Game LED/Hardware Support' have been pushed.

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Driver and FanaLab to no effect.

Tried installing FanaLab v1.69.7 and was able to enable and edit RevLEDs setting without any problem. Which is great, but I'm playing F1 23 the most right now, so this is not very helpful. 

Any direction and/or assistance is appreciated.

Logs Attached -

• edited October 2023

Thx, this is a known issue and will be fixed in a Hotfix version 2.00.07 next week.

The reason for the crash is a missing "CurrentSettings.xml" file.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can copy the attached one from this zip and put it in your "AppData\Local\Fanatec\FanaLab\xml" folder, then restart FanaLab.

It should not crash anymore when you enable the RevLEDs.

• How can I add the executable from Microsoft Store games such as Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport?

I always get the error that I don't have sufficient permissions.

• This is unfortunately a strict Windows limitation, so it is not possible to add such an exe file into FanaLab.

• Yeah that's what I thought. So no automatic game detection via Fanalab?

• Same issue as Michel --NL

Logs are spammed every millisecond, both v. 1.99.05 and 2.00.06.

First it's not the proper way to program a software, how it could be the software can write every few milliseconds and have files of gigabytes after 1 hour?

In 1.99.05 I have logs spammed with:

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] Wheel Base     : CSL DD (COMP V2.5)

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] Wheel Base Rim   : ClubSport Steering Wheel RS

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] Wheel Base Pedal  : ClubSport Pedals V3

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] Wheel Base Shifter : ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] USB Pedal     : Not Available

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] USB Shifter    : Not Available

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] USB Handbrake   : Not Available

2023/10/7[16:33:36:555] [18696][20356] ===================================================================

2023/10/7[16:33:36:845] [18696][20356] PCXmlFileGameConfig::PrivateFillGameAttributesList | Node List is Empty!

2023/10/7[16:33:36:845] [18696][20356] PCXmlFileGameConfig::PCXmlFileGameConfig | PrivateFillGameAttributesList() Failed!

2023/10/7[16:33:36:859] [18696][20356] Memory Usage: 262744KB

2023/10/7[16:33:36:876] [18696][6064] PCXmlFileGameConfig::PrivateFillGameAttributesList | Node List is Empty!

2023/10/7[16:33:36:876] [18696][6064] PCXmlFileGameConfig::PCXmlFileGameConfig | PrivateFillGameAttributesList() Failed!

2023/10/7[16:33:37:136] [18696][12292] PCXmlFileGameConfig::PrivateFillGameAttributesList | Node List is Empty!

And this:

2023/10/7[17:1:53:637] [5392][20356] [RevLed Interface]: Error False on ItemSetOff

2023/10/7[17:1:53:637] [5392][20356] [RevLed Interface]: Error False on ItemSetOff

Fix it soon because like this it's crap.

Already cuninstalled and reinstalled cleanly, already redeleted xml folder.

I'm using Maurice's mclaren 720s evo profile (ACC).

Disabling led in fanalab makes no difference.

This discussion has been closed.