FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles

Comments

• @everyone:

New profiles for F1 22 with a completely different approach for the FFB settings.

The old settings caused too much oscillations when you take your hands off the wheel and then slightly touch the wheel.

With this new profiles this does no longer happen. To achieve this I now use the in game Wheel Damper setting with a value of 2 (previously 0), combined with a lower NDP compared to before to accomodate the damping from the games Wheel Damper.

Together with this change I also changed the in game FFB strength setting from 50 to 60 and decreased the Tuning Menu FFB from 75 to 45 which results in less peaks which were quite heavy to fight against.

After intensive testing I like this new settings more as its no longer a fight against the FFB but more a "dance" with the FFB ;)

• Thanks for all the hard work>. Installed Driver 443 and all is working well.

Question: I noticed talk about substantial rewrite of the code for driver 442/443. For longtime fanatec users, what should be our expectations regarding a change in the FFB experience with this new generation of driver/firmware (generally and for certain games like F1, ACC, and DR2)?

• Thanks a lot for these profiles. I tried the F3 and it immediately improved my lap time. As a personal preference, I would like the FFB to be a bit strong ger. Should I increase the max force in iracing or in fanalab? is there a risk of losing any details?

• I would always only adjust the FFB directly in the Tuning Menu and not in the game.

• Robert ConleyRobert Conley Member
    edited July 2022

So if I have a CSL DD and the profile says: iRacing Dallara IR18 - 70 I 15Nm.pws

Is this a compatible profile? My wheel does not do 15Nm. ??

• Hi Maurice,

Your profiles are absolutely superb, makes me falling in love with my DD2 again.

Thanks,

Hessel

• Been loving the profiles for a while! Wondering if Patch 1.06 has adjusted what FFB settings you use in F1 22 and if there'll be new profiles?

Cheers!

• @Maurice

Thanks for your work on all these profiles.

Just curious, I notice all of your ACC profiles have FEI still set at 80 even with the new firmware/drivers. Is this still your personal preference to counter vibrations? It seems Marcel is currently recommending FEI at 100 and tinkering with INT instead.

As per Marcel:

"FEI is suggested at 100 because it's the most responsive setting, following the intended FFB signal most precisely. FEI 90 or 80 can be used for personal preference to counter unwanted vibration effects but I personally would not suggest to go lower as it can create input lag and cause oscillation. A setting which works better to solve unwanted noise and vibration is the interpolation setting (INT). It's a less harsh filter which doesn't introduce as much downsides as FEI."

• edited July 2022

It's still my recommendation / personal preference, yes. I just dont like FEI 100.

• Hi,

I am using fanatec hardware (first CSL elite + CSL LC, and a CSL DD since 1 year), and I have finally decided to switch / test Fanalab which always seemed a bit "hard to understand" for me.

I am mainly playing F1 games 2021 and now 22, and some ACC, and have always used fanatec recommended settings. I am not so "skilled", playing not at a high level, I am just trying to better feel the car through the wheel, especially grip limits, and though that maybe fanalb could help me go one step further in term of feeling.

However, I have a lot of difficulties to find ressources on how to correctly setup fanalb with those games : I saw @Maurice Böschen profiles, but they seemed to be made for DD2/DD1 base. Is it possible to give some clue to adapt them to CSL DD, or do I have to go through a long process of trials and errors from "start" .

Thanks for any advice / starting point :)

• John BatesJohn Bates Member
    edited August 2022

I have used your profiles for ACC Maurice and I love them. I am having an issue with the profiles for iRacing. I keep having an extreme oscillation issue. Doesn't matter which profile I use. I am on Driver 439. I am using your profiles for Fanalab 1.64.5. Do I need to update my DD1 drivers to 442?

Thanks for the help!

• Hi Maurice thanks for the time you have put into your profiles, just recently upgraded to a DD1 so looking forward to giving them a try.

Have you ever done a post you could direct me to, or know of any good guides for learning how to understand what all the setting do and/or method how one would go about tuning.

Thanks

• if you are using heavier actual steering wheels, do we need to adjust profile settings, such as increasing FFB strength in fanalab?

• How do I use the ACC.rar files? I installed BreeZip as that is what I used for another .rar file. I have exported it to my main downloads and imported it into Fanalab but it didn't change anything.

I have been searching the forums for answers but can't find exact answers. Any help would be appreciated!

Setup: CSL elite official ps4 licensed, McLaren GT3. Obviously on PC as well.

• Maurice profiles are amazing.

What i dont understand is the dirt road profiles dont feel great, even the standard one, and i have been doing some research and tried tweaking but cant get any better. iRacing road tracks is amazing, never tried dirt oval. But Dirt road is awful. Is is just I need to tune my wheel settings for dirt road or is it just poor quality game for road and I am wasting my time. ie stick to Road on iracing and try a different game for rallycross type of game. Thoughts people?

• For the Trucks on oval in iRacing does anybody have a profile for DD2 or should i just use the default?

• David AtwellDavid Atwell Member
    edited August 2022

where can i get good csl dd profiles for iRacing like Maurice does for the DD1?

or can i just use his and turn up the FFB

Thanks.

• Hi Maurice please next time you get a chance can you check your iRacing profile for Global Mazda MX5 the FFB at 20nm peak is very strong. Thanks in advance

• Tested the profile and for me its absolutely perfect, maybe even a little bit too soft.

Make sure to use 30Nm Max Force and 20Nm Wheel Force in the game, not Strength 20 and not 20Nm Max Force.

• Hi Maurice,

any chance you can lend a little if your magic to creating a few profiles for Dirt Rally2? Perhaps a classic car profile (older cars/rear-wheel-drive/no power-steering/etc.), and then one for newer cars?

please 😀😀😀

• Sorry, there is no way I can do my magic on DR2.0 as I dont drive this game.

• Chris NobleChris Noble Member
    edited August 2022

Yeah I think I’ve got it right with the DD1, tuning menu strength 100%, in game 30nm max force and 20nm wheel force. For a little Mazda cup car with power steering the force just seems a bit excessive for me anyway. Cheers.

• edited August 2022

This might be the magic you're after...make sure to calibrate your wheel in game so soft lock can be applied for each car

• @everyone: BIG update for my AMS2 profile pack plus a surprise for Logan Ross ;)

• updated all previous AMS2 profiles to adapt to most recent Tire/Physics/FFB changes of Game Patch 1.4.1.0
    • added 18 new profiles for the following cars:
      • Chevrolet Camaro SS
      • Chevrolet Corvette C3
      • Chevrolet Corvette C3-R
      • Ginetta G55 GT3
      • McLaren F1 GTR
      • McLaren F1 LM
      • McLaren MP4/12
      • Mercedes-AMG GT4
      • Mercedes-Benz CLK LM
      • Porsche 911 GT1-98
      • Porsche 911 RSR 74
      • Porsche 962C
      • Sauber Mercedes C9
      • Sigma P1
      • Ultima GTR
      • Ultima GTR Race
      • VW Polo (GTS)
      • VS Virtus (GTS)
    • added basic Dirty Rally 2.0 profile

• Absolute legend!! With the new physics overhaul for AMS2 almost all the cars feel incredible to drive now, I've been making my way through so many...many thanks Maurice!

• and great dirt rally 2.0 profile the only thing i changed was switching to linear mode as the peak forces were too hard for me to correct with

• @everyone: Another update for my AMS2 profile pack!

• added 26 new profiles (with the 18 new profiles from yesterday this means now a grand total of 65 profiles) for the following cars:
      • BMW 2002 Turbo
      • BMW M1 Procar
      • BMW M3 Sport Evo Group A
      • Caterham 620R
      • Caterham Academy
      • Caterham Superlight
      • Caterham Supersport
      • Dallara F301
      • Dallara F309
      • Ginetta G40 (+Cup)
      • Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercar
      • Ginetta G58
      • Lola T95/00
      • Lola T98/00
      • Lola B2K00
      • Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo II DTM
      • MINI Cooper JCW
      • Mitsubishi Lancer R
      • Mitsubishi Lancer RS
      • Puma P052
      • Reynard 95i
      • Reynard 98i
      • Reynard 2Ki
      • Sprint Race
      • Super V8
      • Swift 009c

This now includes basically all AMS2 cars which I would drive and where I saw a need for a profile - means AMS2 is finished.

Next update coming when the delayed Formula USA 2022 is launched which definitely needs a profile.