Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey Dillon,

Ahh I haven't tried turning off ABS so that may be how that enables the acceleration vibration. It is definitely a feature of the V1 as you say, but I really like the ABS as it lets me know where my 75% lockup point is so ill keep it enabled, but at least I know it's not broken :D

My brake is connected to the wheel in PS3 mode, I notice in game that my accelerator has at least 1" at the full throttle end where it does nothing (the throttle maxes out at 75% depressed) and my brake first enable for the first 25% ... It's very likely this is PS3 specific as there appears to be no way to calibrate it out in PS3 mode. But again, it's good to know that my equipment is functioning as expected :)

As for the mess :-/ it needs a good tidy, I have stuff everywhere, parts, bags, wires :) I'm trying to find a good wire solution and maybe some kind of rollers so I can move it in and out when required :) sounds stupid I know, but I don't have much room so I have to move it into position as and when required (don't laugh) :)
    Hi Natalie, 
    I think it's unfortunate that there isn't a way to have the SHO and ABS at the same time. Once you get the muscle memory for your brake pressure, should be easier to choose which you would rather have on, I like both and hate to choose between them myself :-S :P
    I just thought the "mess" was funny because that is probably quite tidy compared to some of us, no foul intended :ar!

<:-P
    Sorry to see such an ending for the great racing, them kurbs #-o 

Get em next time, Slawomir. 
  • edited February 2015
    Ive Been using My V2 Racing Assetto Corsa and GT6 on Nubergring F1 Track in the Gt BMW same Car both games Stock Tune... While i Do Notice The Curb Feel in Assetto Corsa is Better Im Not Clearly Seeing this "PC Master Race" thing... I Have Just as Much Fun and Driving Excitement on Both... I Run Both Games with No Assist and they Feel Just about the Same... Not Nearly Such a Big Difference that Will Classify PC as the Master Race For Gaming in this Case... jmo Not arguing PC vs Console just Stating My Opinion From My Test Laps.... They Both feel Good.

With that said im Sure that the XB1 & PS4 will be on Par with PC With Future Racing Titles.... Every thing that i Feel on Assetto Corsa IE:Road Feel, Weight Transfer, Good Curb/Rumble Strip Feel...i can Feel when im using My TX with Forza 5.
  • Question... Where Do i Go to Download Fanaleads and What Do I Have to do to Make it work so My Rev Lights on the Rim work???.... I Been Doing More Console Racing and im Gonna Start doing More PC Racing untill the XB1 Rim Comes out...PC Guys Help Me out Please.
  • edited February 2015
    Natalie Bissell... the Rim Ruble feature in the V2 is Not Present in the Current FW... When i First Started using the V2 i also Missed that Feature but as you Get used to the V2 you will Find that you dont Miss that Feature At All!!! The V2 is Sooo Good at Creating Road Feel....Once you get your V2 Dialed in you Wont Need Rim Rumble... As a Matter of Fact i find that the Rim Rumble would be More Distracting than Helpful because the V2 Creates such Good Road Feel.
    On PS3 i set the ABS to 55% Because the Brakes are Very Sharp(Very Different than CSR E w/Forza).

These are My GT6 In game Settings.

Simulation
    power assisted steering Off
    FFB torque 10
    FFB sen 4.... I dont get Too much wheel oscillation with this setting .... I get a Little but Nothing Extreem

On Wheel.

Sen 540 works Great with Every Car Class & F1 Rim Too!
    FFB 75% Porsche Rim....65% F1 Rim
    Sho 100%
    ABS 55%
    Lin Off
    Dea Off
    Dri Off
    For 110 Porsche Rim..... 100 F1 Rim
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

I Find that these settings work Very Well For Me... Try them Let Me Know what you think.
    also i Keep My CSP Pedal Knob turned All the Way Up to Maximum Sens so i Get the Full Pedal Travel No Dead Zone Soon as i apply PSI the Brakes Start Grabbing... You Just Have to get used to Not Brake Mashing... Light Taps But i Never Need More than 50% Pedal Travel on Any Game.
  • @Grimey I finally got around to testing the 0 vs 100 Spr and Dpr, no difference as you said.

I had one question, shouldn't you adjust the force feedback effect (strength) using For or torque in GT6 and keep FFB to 100% always? I heard limiting on FFB could cause clipping.

I haven't really found any good explanation on the torque/sen settings in GT6. I think I have mine on torque 3 and sen 5.
  • edited February 2015
    @Svein i think the FFB Sen in GT6 Controles How Much Hitting Road Bumps and Curbs affects/Jerks the Wheel... I Leave Mine at 4 it Keeps Bump and Curb Feel Nice while keeping wheel Oscillation to a Minimum.

The FFB torque Determins How Strong the FFB Signal that is Sent to the Wheel is... I Leave Mine on 10 and So i Can Have the Full Effect of what the game is Putting out and Limit the FFB to a Comfortable Level through the Wheel... Its Easy to Change it on the Fly that way also.

Ima Pretty Strong Guy and i was using the Wheel at 85% w/Porsche Rim & 75% w/F1 Rim after a Few Hours of Racing that Strong FFB was wearing My Arms Out!!! So i went down 10 on Each and Now i Can Run Long Races all Day and its Very Comfortable While Still Maintaining Good FFB Feel... Some Cars i Will Turn the FFB Back up to 85% But those are Mostly Regular Cars with Street Tires... Any Car with Racing Tires 75% is Enough because you get More FFB due to the More Sticky Tires.

Ive been Running the Wheel like that since Dec 29th and Never any Heat or Fan Issues...wheel always Blows Cool Air even after all Day all Night Racing 5 to 6Hrs Minimum!!!

The Spr & Dpr setting i just Leave them at 100 because GT6 Doesn't use that type of FFB So it Makes No Difference.

CodeMasters Games Dirt3, Grid AutoSport & F1 2014 if you turn the Spr & Dpr Up or Down it Affects the FFB in Major ways... If you Turn them off you get No FFB at all.

I Use the Same Wheel Settings on GT6 and PC...Same on CodeMasters Games Except i Turn the Wheel Sens to Off and just let the Game Run the wheel at 270* Rotation... CodeMasters games Feel Best to Me like that.

• Svein i Posted My Wheel Settings Give them a Try Let Me Know what you think... 2 Heads are Better than 1...you May find a Tweek that im Missing. Keep me Posted with your Results work together to Find the Best Settings.
  • I think Sean Cole's Sim Pit review hit it right on the head.The quick guide sucks.The PS3 mode instruction snafu almost ruined my 2015.I was looking for a plate glass window to smash with this non responsive V2 base and both useless rims.Fanatec should issue something in big print sayings "oops please disregard the quick guide".Once I got that fixed it was amazing. All I can say so far is Wow. Its as adavertised very nice. Catching skids is so frigging awesome.The Elite was mind blowing coming from a G27 and the G27 was other worldly compared to everything else logitec made previously.I never used a V1 so Id say its a pretty big leap from the Csr Elite.This gives everything Thrustmaster makes a serious run for its money.The T500 is highly re guarded, rightfully so ,and many guys still tear it up with G27s.That being said this thing really does raise the bar.No more Forza 4.Oh well.
  • Ive Been using My V2 Racing Assetto Corsa and GT6 on Nubergring F1 Track in the Gt BMW same Car both games Stock Tune... While i Do Notice The Curb Feel in Assetto Corsa is Better Im Not Clearly Seeing this "PC Master Race" thing... I Have Just as Much Fun and Driving Excitement on Both... I Run Both Games with No Assist and they Feel Just about the Same... Not Nearly Such a Big Difference that Will Classify PC as the Master Race For Gaming in this Case... jmo Not arguing PC vs Console just Stating My Opinion From My Test Laps.... They Both feel Good.

With that said im Sure that the XB1 & PS4 will be on Par with PC With Future Racing Titles.... Every thing that i Feel on Assetto Corsa IE:Road Feel, Weight Transfer, Good Curb/Rumble Strip Feel...i can Feel when im using My TX with Forza 5.
    While I don't agree that PC is the "master race", I do however not withhold from myself the fact that PC is better in many ways because it's simply more powerful, has the flexibility to mod/tune almost any aspect, among many other benefits. If plug and play is the most important to you, then console will seem to have the advantage. Aside from that, I think pc wins in every respect. Not to mention you can make your own completely unique tracks and cars.

Specifically to racing, any PC specific(not a port) game is likely to have more FFB settings that can allow you to tune anyway you please to fit your style. Unlike console, PC normally has a bit of setup before you achieve the best results. When you tested the default settings on both GT6 and AC, of course GT6 will likely be better right out of the box, because it has to be, where AC will need to be tuned to your specific setup. Use this guide to help cut out the FFB clipping on AC.

I see you are new to PC sim racing. So it is understandable that you perceive a console to be comparable to a PC. But i'm afraid this isn't the case, and the more you familiarize yourself with PC racing, the more you will understand the limitations put on consoles. While I enjoy both console and PC gaming myself, I simply don't play GT6 as much anymore as I have a hard time going back to sub 60fps framerate, not so stellar resolution, low texture filtering, lighting, and pretty much overall fidelity.. it just cripples the experience too much for me, especially when looking far up the track to get your bearings plays such an important role in racing. 

When playing iRacing at a locked 120fps and then going back to some perf heavy moments in GT6, it starts to feel like a slideshow in comparison. I actually haven't played GT6 in a really long time, perhaps they have fixed some things with patches? I heard the audio got an upgrade, was it good? Perhaps I will give it another try from such a long hiatus. Although, Forza 5 and Horizon 2 still hold quite a bit of interest for me, even with a wheel using gamepad emulation.

I should also point out that PC has Oculus Rift, something that will likely change sim racing forever(and much easier triple monitor support imo), it will likely be a while before hitting consoles as project morpheus will probably be another couple years. Again, not trying to say PC is master race, just pointing out my opinion of why PCs currently remain to be the best.
  • Svein i Posted My Wheel Settings Give them a Try Let Me Know what you think... 2 Heads are Better than 1...you May find a Tweek that im Missing. Keep me Posted with your Results work together to Find the Best Settings.
    There is alot of good discussion about AC settings and the v2 here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/fanatec-wheels-official-thread.3294/page-45#post-335402

A quick excerpt from the post:

"I also have been scratching my head about getting used to the new V2 base and FFB updates. Had oscillation on straights issues as well as weird damper/spring behavior.

For now my solution is:
    (I expect you work out gainsettings with clip/pedal app and pit gain/FOR settings already)
    • in Fanatecs Wheel Property Page, make sure Damper is 100.
    • in game menu, Controls > Advanced, set Damping to 99! Yes, I have also used like 5-10% value here for ages.
    • same menu, keep Minimum Force below 5%, I have mine @ 2% for just enough engine and center feel.
    • it's cruzial that DOF is correct, wether you´re using Fanaleds DOF or just the ingame. That is dof 40% in menu, SEN to OFF, when using FL. If not, use 900% in menu (or use config wizard) and SEN to 900. I have the best results with Fanaleds, remember to check with virtual steering wheel, some values are maybe left out if you dl'ed a fanaleds preset file. Cars like the LaFerrari was not in the list I had, therefore I had to manually input 730 degree after testing.
    • Anyway, in pit, use appropiate Gain, and keep Damper at 100.
    • Now, on the V2, set DPR at 30 and try DRI at 002 or 003. This only gives slight oscillation, the car is able to maintain straight driving itself but will still start to pull if hitting bumps. I like DPR 30/DRI 003 for roadcars, DPR 20/DRI 002 for racecars, but experiment for your liking. Try DRI off and maybe DPR 10, just to see the difference. If you, like me, always had damper in main menu at <10, it will almost be unnoticable even with DPR 100.
    • SPR should be off, it should be the tyres themselves that straightens the car. That takes the right combination of DRI and Damper effects to obtain.
    • Last, a no-no in the past for me as well, but if you experience a little too touchy steering around center, try DEA at 10. The forces will still be there, but steering slighty more steady at center. I think it works much better with V2 compared to V1.
    That said, I'm not sure we're there yet, the V2 still feels slightly spongy, at least with AC FFB, so we'll se how that develops."
  • edited February 2015
    The V2 Feels Just Fine on AC to Me Curb Feel is Very Sharp and Steering is Clean and Crisp... I didnt Even bother with all the wheel Settings i used my Same wheel Settings From GT6.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hey,

So I spoke to the support people yesterday, and they asked for a video of my wheel as its just not behaving its self...

Anyhoo...
    They have asked me (after viewing the video) to send it in for repair :(

@Thomas
    As I waired 3 months for my setup and paid over $2000 is there any way you can just ship me a replacement, and have the same delivery driver pick up the faulty one? If I have to ship this to fanatec, wait for it to be repaired, then wait for shipping back to me that's gonna make me sad :(

I'm so sad right now...
    On a side note, can anyone get settings for GT6 (20th anniversary Huarya) that work without centre oscillation even when completely stationary and the handbrake on?

I have been unable to get hardly any car to work without an incredible amount of oscillation even when in neutral, parked on a flat straight track, with the hand brake on and yet the steering wheel bounces violently from left to right?

I have tried setting sensitivity to 1 right through to 10 and the same with torque.
    But sitting inside any of the 20th anniversary cars such as the Huarya, classics etc all have unbelievable oscillation even when parked up, in neutral with the hand brake on?

I'd like to see if anyone can fix that and post a video, as I have tried and can't get it to stop (mind you, fanatec have just confirmed my wheel is faulty) :(

Anyone who can do it, please post a video and the settings and I'll send chocolates x :)

@thomas...
    Please don't make we wait for a repair on an item that was delivered faulty :(
    @Grimey
    Did you mean the M3 GT '11

IAre you able to get that car to sit still, in neutral, with the handbrake on (on completely flat tarmac) and not have the wheel bounce from left to right?

Also what's your best time in that car :)
    All stock settings, stock racing hard wheel etc (completely default) best times for that car, on a few tracks. It'll give me an idea if I should venture online or not lol :)
  • GT6 the Wheel will Never Stop Oscillating i think thats Programmed into the Game to Simulate Road Feel when Driving Straight...Dont Quote Me just my best Guess...But theres Nothing you can do about that Oscillation thats Just a Constant L/R FFB signal that comes from the Game... I Cant Remember if My CSR E did that also.... But Cars Drive Fine and are Not affectecd by it when Driving.... I just Pause the Game When i Take my Hands off the Wheel.
  • edited February 2015
    The Man Kave.... Built My PVC Desk Rig to Fit and Feel Like im in My 350z. Took the Seat out a Subaru Impreza I can Sit and Race all Day and be Totally Comfortable...Its also a Space Saver as you See it Holds Every thing TV, PS3, XB360, XB1, PC, Games ETC... and I Have Pleanty More Space its Fully Height adjustable i Didnt Glue the Legs so i can Raise or Lower it by Putting Taller/Shorter Legs in it....Seat is Height adjustable as well and also Reclines and will Not tip over because i extended the Rear Base Support. I Run 2x Buttkickers under the seat 1 on Left audio and 1 on Right audio... im Not using Simvibe... Feels amazing the Rumble of the Cars, Road Feels So Textured and Layerd using 2 buttkickers. its the best Massage Chair in the World!!! LOL...I was using 1 buttkicker But using 2 is a Wow Experience!!! Painted the Back wall Flat Charcoal Black and the Side walls Dark Grey at 12pm Noon if i Close the Shades its Totally Dark and you dont See any thing But the TV Screens... I Love it in There!!!
  • Natalie Bissel i Will Check to See My Fastest Lap in the BMW... Send Me a Friend Inv on ps3 My Tag is Grimey_Dog
  • edited February 2015
    Hi , I have a new base V2 , I'm excited about him, but after about a week I began to hear strange noises around the fan , it happened at anyone ?

• Grimey if gt6 feels as good as AC then your setup on AC is not right. I can guarantee you that. Been speaking to a few iracing users who got a new v2 and initially they where disappointed. Read a few forums messed around a bit and its stunning quite different. You should give iracing a shot  on the 3 month trial - best online racing package bar none due to the structure.Just be patient. Or try for me what is the best force feed back on any sim Rfactor 2. It has flaws and the development team is small but it is improving feature wise and graphics wise. And the FFB is really amazing. rAN THE Honda NSX round the ring and it was fabulous both free mods too. Oh rfactor 2 has a free demo. Not fully sure what it contains though.
    edited February 2015
    Heard back from support today and it HAS to go back in for repair, they don't offer replacements if you receive a fault device :( I hope that's reflected in my warranty Thomas ;)

I'm so sad, but I'll have to begin packing it all up this week as requested.

Has anyone used the repair centre before, how was your experience?

@grimey I likely won't be on now until my wheel cones back from support. Still I did get to drive a few casr in GT6 for a few hours, even with thag weird wheel shaking effect, it was fun. I hope they remove the wheel shake in the future, or fanatic add a firmware fix to dial it out.

I even tried adding in a "dead zone 50" on the wheel and that still didn't solve it, I find that effect incredibly frustrating and unbelievably unrealistic. For a wheel to behave that way even when the car is completely stationary, just ruins the entire experience for me :(

So in short :)
    @Sony Fix GT6s Force Feedback (wheel bouncing)
    @Thomas Please fix my wheel soon :p
    @Thomas Please create a "magical" firmware that fixes all of GT6s issues in the meantime ;)
    @Thomas Please sell us PS4 and Xbox Rims ASAP (or enable a button combination to emulate another supported wheel) :p
    @Thomas Please can I have a free Fanatec TShirt to make me happy until my wheel arrives back (EU Ladies Size XS or S will be fine ;)

• edited February 2015
    Keith Sharp... I was Just Driving the Stock Set up on Both Games to See if 1 felt Clearly better than the other. i was able to use the same Wheel FFB and Damper Settings and they Both Felt Good. I was Running them on Nubergring F1 since i Know that Track Well. I do agree PC is Better when VS Last Gen Consoles but With the New Gen the Gap is Very Small if there even is Still a Gap... PJect Cars will Be a indicator of what is what... Forza5 Feels Good with the TX but its a Early Title and Prob doesnt take advantage of the Full Power of XB1 ant this time... jmo

I Can and Do Tune the Cars when i Feel like the Car Needs it... But i Like to Drive them Stock Set ups for a Bit and Get a True Feel of how the Cars Drive to Learn what it Needs... But i find that the Most important thing for me is to Get the Wheel Dialed in Right and Balance the Car with Aero Since Most of the Tuning is about tweeking the Car to your Driving Style... I Can Usualy Run Very Fast Competitive Laps With Just Aero and My Wheel Dialed in To My Liking... Knowing the Track Layout is also Very Important.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited February 2015

I was talking about wheel settings not actual car settings.

I run project cars and the FFB is not on par with AC,RF2 or Iracing. Pcar makes nice videos though !

Only played xb1 for a short time and don't like the low frame rate. Hard to beat over 100fps on 3 fast refresh rate monitors.

• Keith Sharp Now See that 120fps will Make Me Switch to PC Full Time!!! I do PC and Console i Luv the just Plug and Play Console Offers ... I Dunno just Lazy i am... Playing AC Now Feels Great with V2.
    Id Probly Lose My Job Behind a 3 Moniter Set up at 120fps!!! I Dont want to Leave the.Man Kave as it Is!!!
  • Holy cow!  Just when I thought my base was on a different ship, I just received my tracking number from FEDEX.  It's finally coming.  Finally!  Shouldn't be too long now, just has to go up the coast a ways from Anaheim. 

I have three new rims and me just aching to give it a whirl.   Woohoo!!!
  • Heard back from support today and it HAS to go back in for repair, they don't offer replacements if you receive a fault device :( I hope that's reflected in my warranty Thomas ;)

@grimey I likely won't be on now until my wheel cones back from support. Still I did get to drive a few casr in GT6 for a few hours, even with thag weird wheel shaking effect, it was fun. I hope they remove the wheel shake in the future, or fanatic add a firmware fix to dial it out.

I even tried adding in a "dead zone 50" on the wheel and that still didn't solve it, I find that effect incredibly frustrating and unbelievably unrealistic. For a wheel to behave that way even when the car is completely stationary, just ruins the entire experience for me :(

@Thomas Please create a "magical" firmware that fixes all of GT6s issues in the meantime ;)
    @Thomas Please sell us PS4 and Xbox Rims ASAP (or enable a button combination to emulate another supported wheel) :p
    @Thomas Please can I have a free Fanatec TShirt to make me happy until my wheel arrives back (EU Ladies Size XS or S will be fine ;)

I used the repair centre before with my clubsport shifter, things were fast and smooth.
  • Heard back from support today and it HAS to go back in for repair, they don't offer replacements if you receive a fault device :( I hope that's reflected in my warranty Thomas ;)

I used the repair center for my CSS SQ conversion to 1.5. It was very fast. And it was the easiest warranty claim I've ever dealt with. Usually warranty claims are a pain to deal with. Not so with Fanatec. It sucks that you have to deal with this but I'm sure they will do their best to expedite your claim.
  • edited February 2015
    Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!  Mine Eyes have Seen Assetto Corsa at 120fps!!!  My Hands have Felt The Beauty of the V2 Playing Assetto Corsa!!! I Fear there Maybe No way to Return to Console Racing as im am Totally in Awe from this Experience ^:)^    

i finally got around to tweeking my PC set up for maximum fps and WOW what a Difference...Im Running AC at 120 fps... i cant be sure its Really putting out 120fps but that's what i set the max fps to....Wow it Looks Great and feels Amazing!!! My PC is a good gaming machine but it Has a few years on it... I do have a pretty recent Graphics card  and 4 gigs of graphics mem but its time for me to upgrade to a better machine so i can run EVERY THING MAXED OUT!!!  UUUUGH i knew this was gonna happen i can already feel my wallet getting lighter because the V2 is so good!!! Gotta go Now Assetto Corsa is calling Me!!!
  • Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!  Mine Eyes have Seen Assetto Corsa at 120fps!!!  My Hands have Felt The Beauty of the V2 Playing Assetto Corsa!!! I Fear there Maybe No way to Return to Console Racing as im am Totally in Awe from this Experience ^:)^    

i finally got around to tweeking my PC set up for maximum fps and WOW what a Difference...Im Running AC at 120 fps... i cant be sure its Really putting out 120fps but that's what i set the max fps to....Wow it Looks Great and feels Amazing!!! My PC is a good gaming machine but it Has a few years on it... I do have a pretty recent Graphics card  and 4 gigs of graphics mem but its time for me to upgrade to a better machine so i can run EVERY THING MAXED OUT!!!  UUUUGH i knew this was gonna happen i can already feel my wallet getting lighter because the V2 is so good!!! Gotta go Now Assetto Corsa is calling Me!!!
    We welcome another addict, cheers!