Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Question for the PC guys... How Hot is too Hot for your PC to be running during a gaming Session? I played Assetto Corsa about 4 hours straight the only things that were Turned down were Smoke and Reflection on Low because i drive in car.. I had Max FPS set to 120 , Graphics on Very High, Shading on High ETC. My PC was running between 50 and 60celsius fan speed between 55 & 65%... Right now im done gaming its 30min later and its at 42c and 44% fan speed pretty much idle im just checking forums... So My Question is was the PC getting too Hot by using 120fps .... I turned it down to 90fps... Still looks and feels Great!!! i don't wanna burn out my PC by Pushing it too hard i Need this 1 to last a bit longer till im ready to get a New machine.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited February 2015

Grimey 50 - 60 is fine that's not hot at all. No problems running at that temp all day.

All you need is 3 fast monitors for a three screen setup.

Try different field of view settings to so you get what you see and your steering input matched. I run a FOV quite far forward - worth messing around.

• Keith Sharp thanks ...I turned it down to 90fps to take some load off still looks great... My tv Can Handle 120fps i have a samsung with 120/240 Refresh rate. What temp is a Danger Zone? It hit as high as 65 but went right back down quickly... My Man Kave was getting hot and i opened my door when race was over to get it cooler in there... i funno whas a Danger Zone temp... thinking about buying stronger fans this weekend.

I may just invest in a 3 screen set up... i want a newer PC first though.
  • My friend just fitted a water cooler system. Not that expensive anymore and nice and quiet.

Ideally running as cool as possible but probably below 60 if possible for extended play. Is it a stock cooler ? after market fans can greatly improve cooling over stock. Also clean out dust and fluff. Case fans to aid air flow too help.

A good i5  with 8 or 16gb ram is what you need. Amd have loads of options with great performance \price ratio too - not sure what to advise there.

• ...out for delivery.
    8-X
  • Keith Sharp thanks ...I turned it down to 90fps to take some load off still looks great... My tv Can Handle 120fps i have a samsung with 120/240 Refresh rate. What temp is a Danger Zone? It hit as high as 65 but went right back down quickly... My Man Kave was getting hot and i opened my door when race was over to get it cooler in there... i funno whas a Danger Zone temp... thinking about buying stronger fans this weekend.

I may just invest in a 3 screen set up... i want a newer PC first though.
    Just as long as the fps keeps looking smooth as butter, you are good to cap the fps to whatever you like to lighten the load on your pc. 

Like keith is saying, anything under 60c is fine all day and night. You might start to have stability issues once you get into the mid 70s and 80s. 

I haven't ever experienced this before because I've never had a pc that can push further than the game, but since upgrading I now have to cap the fps so I don't get micro stuttering every now and then. Anything over 150fps seems to have this problem for me, although my tv/monitor isn't the best either >_<

PC is like the flytrap in Little Shop of Horrors.. it can give you the best things in life, but at the same time, it needs blood in return. A true double-edged sword  >:)
  • edited February 2015
    Agreed 100% Dillon Ryan.... im going to go Heavy and build the Ultron of PC's that way i know i will get a Few years outta it before i need to do any upgrading... I wanna go way over current specs to ensure that...  i5 seems to be current what about the i7 is that the future???  New convert here PC guys help me out. thnx
  • Agreed 100% Dillon Ryan.... im going to go Heavy and build the Ultron of PC's that way i know i will get a Few years outta it before i need to do any upgrading... I wanna go way over current specs to ensure that...  i5 seems to be current what about the i7 is that the future???  New convert here PC guys help me out. thnx

i7 is the upper tier for budget for Intel's Core architecture, while i5 being in the median budget is still considered to give quite a bang for your buck if you plan to overclock.Intel's Core currently being in it's 5 generation. I have the Ivy bridge myself (3rd gen 3.4ghz), but Broadwell is the newest in the tick-tock scheme of things. 

I've actually underclocked my cpu as I find it lowers heat even more and the rock solid stability it brings is nice too. Here's a good article for gaming cpu ideas: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

Just remember that a good monitor is also key or you will end up like me with too many frames that have nowhere to go, resulting in the beforementioned micro-stuttering. <-- 1st world problems
  • Let us know what you think about your new tool???

Holy jeez!  It finally found its home.  I know I made a huge leap from a Forza CSR - but wow.  This thing is awesome.  Easy set up, including mounting, drivers, flashing the firmware...  All ready.  Nothing out of sorts, just completely rock solid.  Didn't get time to play much, and iRacing was down for most of the day - but Assetto Corsa was awesome.  Used the FFBClip tool to adjust in-game gain down to 68% and this thing is still massively strong and so smooth.  Tried my three rims and not sure which I like most!

The Formula rim with the not-Formula1 mod on AC is in-freaking-credible - so light, so strong, and so quick.  The Flat GT rim with hub is fast, detailed, and versatile driving the not-Porsche GT mod, and the BMW GT rim is so smooth driving the in-game M3 GT3 car around the Norsdschleife.  All three offer distinct experiences that compliment both the rim and the car chosen.  The only thing I may do is turn down the gain a bit further when using the Formula rim - man this wheel is strong. 

Fans were on during calibration but settled in nicely and never over a subtle purr after running for maybe a couple of hours.  All bolts were tight in the QD so no worries there either.  I will have to get used to putting these rims on, though.  Very tight fits, and always worried about how far to push - but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  No need for the storage pin, such a snug fit - no wiggle at all.  None.  For as heavy as it is, I did wonder how my rig would handle it too, but again it is rock solid. 

Short story.  Love it.  What a system.  Kudos Fanatec. 

It was nice talking to you all here.  Take care.  :) 

• Wouldn't say i7 is the future maybe a variant with new architecture will take a step forward but to date each new generation has made a small move forward. i5 is the sweet spot for price performance with little difference between i7 & i5 playing games. Graphics card and fast memory plus a solid state hard drive are all worth investing in. I never buy a high end motherboard more mid priced because the performance is always similar just with less options. I often just look at reviews and specs and buy one of the main brands gigabyte, asus or msi . A pretty good power supply is worth buying as the cheap rubbish usually packs in and can damage other components. (they can pump out tons of heat too). I have good monitors with 1ms response time so no stutter - pin sharp and smooth.
  • Let us know what you think about your new tool???

Holy jeez!  It finally found its home.  I know I made a huge leap from a Forza CSR - but wow.  This thing is awesome.  Easy set up, including mounting, drivers, flashing the firmware...  All ready.  Nothing out of sorts, just completely rock solid.  Didn't get time to play much, and iRacing was down for most of the day - but Assetto Corsa was awesome.  Used the FFBClip tool to adjust in-game gain down to 68% and this thing is still massively strong and so smooth.  Tried my three rims and not sure which I like most!

The Formula rim with the not-Formula1 mod on AC is in-freaking-credible - so light, so strong, and so quick.  The Flat GT rim with hub is fast, detailed, and versatile driving the not-Porsche GT mod, and the BMW GT rim is so smooth driving the in-game M3 GT3 car around the Norsdschleife.  All three offer distinct experiences that compliment both the rim and the car chosen.  The only thing I may do is turn down the gain a bit further when using the Formula rim - man this wheel is strong. 

Fans were on during calibration but settled in nicely and never over a subtle purr after running for maybe a couple of hours.  All bolts were tight in the QD so no worries there either.  I will have to get used to putting these rims on, though.  Very tight fits, and always worried about how far to push - but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  No need for the storage pin, such a snug fit - no wiggle at all.  None.  For as heavy as it is, I did wonder how my rig would handle it too, but again it is rock solid. 

Short story.  Love it.  What a system.  Kudos Fanatec. 

It was nice talking to you all here.  Take care.  :) 

Might wanna check your 3mm Hexs on the front, a number of us had bases arrive with really loose screws.

Glad you like it, having a good time also! 
  • Thanks Dillon, gave them all a check and they seem nice and snug.  Enjoying it immensely see you out on track!
  • Does any one else have a problem with the CSP pedals??? Seems that My Pedals never want to work right Some times throttle won't be 100% Now this time the Clutch is acting Irratic working Not working Half clutch and I'm Not pressing it.... I just Changed All the Electronics in the pedals New Brain and Sensors... What am I doing wrong??? It doesn't do this all the time but when it does it's frustrating... I used to have the same Pedal problem with my CSR E console or PC.... changed All the electronics and Now i see having same pedal issue with the V2.....Am I Missing something is there a pedal calibration process that I'm missing out on???
  • Hi Grimey,

I had issues with my Elite's a while back and through Fanatec's help tracked it down to the a program that I used - Suunto's Movelink, in this case.  With it installed I had all sorts of wonkiness.  Throttle wouldn't go all the way, brake flashing while using clutch, etc.  Once I got rid of that program, all was good again.  Also, probably a good idea not to use a USB 3.0 port.  I had trouble with those too, but seems they have sorted themselves out using the default drivers from Microsoft.  I still hook up all Fanatec gear on 2.0 ports.

Best thing is test the pedals through your wheel, another USB port/hub on your computer, or another computer entirely.  If they work well somewhere else - you've got something going on in your main pc. If it still shows the issues, file a support ticket. 

Good luck!

Fritz
  • edited February 2015
    I figured it out... at first i thought it was Fanaleds doing it...but silly me i some how turned on Auto Clutch playing Assetto Corsa and didn't know/Forgotten i had done so... i saw the clucth blipping in the pedal box on AC and  pulled up the Fanatec pedal tune page i could see the clutch blipping there also even though i hadn't touched it... but like i sad silly me i some how turned on auto clutch 8-}

Im Guess im just being paranoid because my Pedals have been acting up for a while and i finally got around to putting in a New Brain and both Pedal sensors... This is the 3rd throttle sensor that i have put on these Pedals...but the first time i changed the Brain.. trying to get to Bottom of why the Pedal sensors keep Dying so i changed every thing. They have to be perfect now because every thing else is just metal
  • Glad you got it figured out! 

I'm just still amazed at this wheel.  ...and I may be the only one here, but I JUST downloaded Fanaleds.  If you haven't, go get it (it's free) and it's awesome. 

Fahrvegnuegen!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2015
    I got my invites codes... Yay

If anyone needs an EU CODE to buy a wheel please let me know your details and I'll transfer it over as soon as I can. I think I have 2 available :)

My wheel is heading back to Fanatec today :(
    I was so sad packing it all up last night, but it should be back home soon. I would like to convey my overall experience of the service as a new customer...

First, the team have been incredible to deal with. They are very fast at getting back to me, incredibly polite, supportive and knowledgable and have gone above and beyond my expectations from the very beginning.

I suggested "living" with the issue I was experiencing for a few more weeks (to see it it reduces over time) but they really want to ensure that I got the best experience with their products and would rather it was tuned and checked over by the team just to be sure.

I have been so impressed with how I have been treated as a customer and I will highly recommend Fanatec to anyone/everyone I know.

They are a great company to deal with, and one who create Incredibly beautiful and function devices that you very quickly build an emotional attachmemt to. I have an emotional attachment to only a few products, my apple devices, and now my fanatec devices. I think a great deal of this is related to how functional they are,how much fun they are to use and how beautiful they are.

While I have had a few little issues with my wheel (that are now being fixed), the issues were not entirely show stopping.

The 2 main issues I experienced were a strange "clicking" noise coming from inside the base when the wheel was turned (with pressure/resistance/FFB and sometimes without)

Also when at full rotation I wasn't getting the full rotation effect (full rotation rubber band effect) on one side, but it was double strength on the other and stopping my wheel from fully rotating.

That issue seemed to be related to the black rubber fanatec stopper on the base (I think) perhaps it was slight out of alignment or something (but I'm just guessing).

Also the vibrating/FFB effect when at full rotation was really jarring (With no rubber band effect) on one side and much more subtle vibration (with really strong rubber band effect) on the other.

Overall I've really enjoyed my time with my wheel (and can't wait to get it back) as my CSL looks so empty without it and I miss racing round silverstone in my mini :)

I just wanted to express my gratitude to the entire team.

@Thomas
    My T-Shirt size is an EU (Girls) XS/S or have you posted it already ;)
    Ohh and I have some spare time to beta test the Xone wheel if you want? Feel free to send them both over with my wheel once it's have its check up :)

How about I post a video of me... Driving my mini around brandshatch (it's the only track I'm any good on) wearing my brand new fanatec T-shirt, in my Fanatec Sim Rig, using my newly acquired Fanatec Xone wheel ... ... Up for it? (I will sign an NDA if it helps) ;)
  • Hi guys just wanted to know how the css sq shifter attaches to the csl seat. Any info and or pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    edited February 2015
    Calling all V2 owners...

Can you do me a favour and check the serial number on the base of the v2 and compare it with the serial on the box?

Mine does not match? Can one else confirm this, I'm interested if this is a fault or if my wheel (that arrived faulty) is indeed somehow mixed up as the serial on my wheel does not match what is on my box?

Also is the serial number just a complete white strip of paper with the number on it, or does yours have logos, small text, licence info etc?

Any help here will be appreciated, you don't need to post the serial, but check it closely and post back if you can.

@clive I can help with the shifter if you want.
    I had a hassle getting mine on until I figured it out ... You have to unscrew the bottom corners of the shifter, take them off, pop in the special screws, then line that up with the attachment that came for the shifter (shifter mount)

Let me know if you need any more help.
  • Hi Natalie,

Just checked mine:  it's just on a white sticker, but the numbers match the box.  They may have sent you a referb instead of fixing/sending back your original? 

Could have done it to save you down time, or just an honest mistake.  Either way, I would have wanted to know if I were getting my original wheel back or not. 

Hope it all gets sorted,

Fritz

edited February 2015
    Hi Fritz,

Thanks for checking...

I have been assured they sent back my original wheel?
    But the strange thing is the numbers are close, are you absolutely sure they are EXACTLY the same?

If they said its the same wheel, and yet the serial is not that which I typed into the call log, what do I do?

I'm not comfortable with a refub, it was faulty on arrival and therefore I do expect a brand new item, my spend was €2000 and I don't wish to get a refurb wheel in the bundle.

@Thomas
    Not sure you will see this, but what do I do?
    My wheel serial no longer matches the serial on my box, or on my incident log and yet it's the same wheel I sent in. (Service was superb by the way, very fast, but I'm just a little confused as to what to do now and how this affects me moving forward).

Can anyone else check the SN ..
    The reason I say check closely, is because mine is very close to the box, almost exact, but it's not, there are errors in my serial number that are only apparent if you look closely. At a glance they look the same, but upon closer Inspection... They are not :-0

Advice?
    If fanatec are saying they sent the same wheel back, and yet that wheel doesnt match my documents, or my registered serial numbers (ones registered on line) how would that affect me in the future, and how do we explain what this wheel is and where it came from?
  • Natalie...it's NOT the same. On the box i've got an 8 digit number and on the base only 7. The third number is missing on the base.

YW

;)
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Antoine x

That's what I noticed ...
    Thank you very very much for checking and clarifying that for me.

I wondered why mine didn't match the details I sent down and on the box, it was very close indeed, but did not match the box?

So I assume all V2s must have a missing digits then?

Fritz, could you check again?
    I was panicking thinking what has happened and how would that affect my warranty or whatever!

@Thomas,
    Stop giving us 2 serials for 1 device, it's very easy to confuse me ;) x
  • I think it's a HUGE mistake...normaly box and item should have the same serial nr sticker on it.

Guess NO one noticed and even Thomas did'nt knew that....until he reads this. LOL

• Hi Natalie,

In fact, Antoine is correct.  I just noticed too.  Wheel sticker is missing the 5th digit.

Well, guess you got yours back then!  All good.  Worry no more.

Fritz
    That's what I noticed ...
    Thank you very very much for checking and clarifying that for me.

I wondered why mine didn't match the details I sent down and on the box, it was very close indeed, but did not match the box?

So I assume all V2s must have a missing digits then?

Fritz, could you check again?

I think it's a HUGE mistake...normaly box and item should have the same serial nr sticker on it.

Guess NO one noticed and even Thomas did'nt knew that....until he reads this. LOL

Yea, Thomas needs me on his QA team ;)

I was very surprised to notice that they didn't match. I was very confused at first, and then thought I'd get everyone to check theirs and see (but not give away the very slight difference to look for) ;)

So when fritz thought his was the same, I was thinking... Oh ohh.....

I wonder why they chose to do this? It got me all confused, I was worried as soon as I noticed it, and when fritz said his was ok I was think... Oh dear!!!

Looks like all V2s have different serials from what's on the box? Bizarre, but I assume thomas has his reasons :)

But phew..
    Thank god It won't affect me in the future :)

Thanks for checking guys x
  • I fell into your trap!  ...ha ha.  I confess, I just did a quick look at the last few numbers.  I mean, how much time do you want me to not use my wheel???  :) 

I'm sure it's just a label set up thing, and not much more than that.  Happens quite a bit with labeling. 
  • 5th character, a number 4, missing. All else the same.

• Hi guys just wanted to know how the css sq shifter attaches to the csl seat. Any info and or pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Clive, try loging a service request. I had a brake pedal failure. Ordered two new electronic parts. They sent me a link with .pdf  instructions with pictures on how to disassemble, install and re -assemble the pedals. Give that a try. Go to the home page, and click on the Chat Online big red button. Choose your product and send them a request for the instructions. That might work for you. Good luck.
  • Thanks Trevor. Have done and all sorted. Thanks bud.