Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Trevor. Have done and all sorted. Thanks bud.

@clive I can help with the shifter if you want.
    I had a hassle getting mine on until I figured it out ... You have to unscrew the bottom corners of the shifter, take them off, pop in the special screws, then line that up with the attachment that came for the shifter (shifter mount)

Let me know if you need any more help.

Hey Clive,

Glad you got it sorted,
    Did you not get my description of how to attach it :(

I posted a description on how to attach it to the CSL a few posts back, and said I would help if you ran into any issues :)
  • edited February 2015

Most people here are lazy Natalie, just reading the last post. LOL

Got one for you Natalie....Can't seem to find the: register your product(s) tab....or is that only applied when you've gotta send an item back to repairs ?

edited February 2015
    Hey Antoine :)

Yea this is only applicable when raising a warranty issue. Otherwise it's not optional (to the best of my knowledge).
  • Most people here are lazy Natalie, just reading the last post. LOL

Got one for you Natalie....Can't seem to find the: register your product(s) tab....or is that only applied when you've gotta send an item back to repairs ?

You can just go here and enter your serial, or add new product.

Once you click 'continue', it should save your key and then you can just navigate away from the page.
  • Most people here are lazy Natalie, just reading the last post. LOL

You can just go here and enter your serial, or add new product.

Once you click 'continue', it should save your key and then you can just navigate away from the page.

As Dillion said you can and should register all your products.
    edited February 2015
    As Dillion said you can and should register all your products.

Yea that's where I registered mine, however having to go through the support (RMA) contact us section (as if to raise an issue) sure is a strange way to do it ;) particularly because you have to revise the issue, enter the details... And then carefully back out to endure you don't go ahead with the RMA!

There should be a "Register my products" page, which would be better than navigating through the raise an issue (RMA) contact us section, raising a fake issue just to enter the details.
  • Thanx Dillon and Chris.

Yeah, pretty weird way off registrating a product, that's why I was looking for a tab or something a like.

Thomas, could you please put your tech guys up to it....creating a product registration page. So much easier to go through RMA too...just click on product and everything needed is allreay there.

And WE ALL still want an official Fanatec forum ! LOL

To share wheel set ups, game set ups, game/car tuning set ups etc...

• Thanks Trevor. Have done and all sorted. Thanks bud.

I had a hassle getting mine on until I figured it out ... You have to unscrew the bottom corners of the shifter, take them off, pop in the special screws, then line that up with the attachment that came for the shifter (shifter mount)

Hey Clive,

Glad you got it sorted,

I posted a description on how to attach it to the CSL a few posts back, and said I would help if you ran into any issues :)
    Thanks Trevor. Have done and all sorted. Thanks bud.

Hey Clive,

Glad you got it sorted,

Thanks for your help Natalie and sorry I didn't thank you earlier.
  • Hi:

Has anyone settings for Race 07, Project Cars, RBR and Rfactor 2?

Thanks
  • .... And iracing
  • Hi Javier
    RBR settings (I play at RBR-WORLD)
    SEN:440
    FF: 65
    DRI: 1
    FOR: 70
    SPR: 50
    DPR: 50

That setting's made for CSW v2.

George
  • Also I set the wheel inside the game for 605
  • hi

just wondering how quiet peoples csw v2 is.

my wheel was totally quiet when I got it a couple of weeks ago. Now it makes a loudish click from time to time. The ffb or feel hasn't changed just its making a noise. took f1 wheel off and back on but no different. And locking pin is in place.

• hi

just wondering how quiet peoples csw v2 is.

my wheel was totally quiet when I got it a couple of weeks ago. Now it makes a loudish click from time to time. The ffb or feel hasn't changed just its making a noise. took f1 wheel off and back on but no different. And locking pin is in place.

I don't have any clicking noises, yet. But if I turn the torque up decently high on the motor, the base will make a high pitch squeal when turning. It's slightly annoying, but can't hear it with headphones or if i turn the volume up enough. I'm guessing there is nothing to be done about that though  :|
  • Hi Javier
    RBR settings (I play at RBR-WORLD)
    SEN:440
    FF: 65
    DRI: 1
    FOR: 70
    SPR: 50
    DPR: 50

That setting's made for CSW v2.

George
    Thanks a lot, George
  • Vanekan BartVanekan Bart Member
    edited March 2015
    i have the v2 a week now, this is something else  :) .
    love everthing about it, fan's aren't noisy, feedback is great.
    gt6 feels nice now, the wheel make's the game a lot better.
    ^:)^

next month finally project cars
    edited March 2015
    i have the v2 a week now, this is something else  :) .

Hey,
    What settings are you using for GT6? I still haven't found a perfect combination. I find it a tad jerky :(
    Can you post all in game settings and wheel settings please :)

Also, my fans are quite noisy too, my base clicks when turning (had to send it back, after I posted a video fanatic said IT was faulty) :(

Also,
    Does anyone else's wheel rotate as freely as this!

Mine is not as free moving, makes a grinding noise when rotating to the right, makes clicking noises when in use, has been send back and repaired once already :( ... I'm not sure how I feel, but I haven't really used mine much since it came back as it's still not quite right but I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do.

• i have the v2 a week now, this is something else  :) .

Hey,
    What settings are you using for GT6? I still haven't found a perfect combination. I find it a tad jerky :(
    Can you post all in game settings and wheel settings please :)

Also, my fans are quite noisy too, my base clicks when turning (had to send it back, after I posted a video fanatic said IT was faulty) :(

Also,
    Does anyone else's wheel rotate as freely as this!

Mine is not as free moving, makes a grinding noise when rotating to the right, makes clicking noises when in use, has been send back and repaired once already :( ... I'm not sure how I feel, but I haven't really used mine much since it came back as it's still not quite right but I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do.

Looks like you might have to send it back again. My base functions just like the video, no clicks and minimal resistance. 

Sorry to hear about more troubles, Natalie  :-<
  • edited March 2015
    My CSR E used to make a Clicking Sound... I Readjusted the Belt tension and it Stopped... 1 belt was tighter than the Other... after Re-adjusting belt tension it worked fine and No More Click Click Click.
  • Yes My V2 Turns as in above video.
    Hey,
    Does it turn like that when on/off etc?
    When off, my wheel has a lot of resistance, and when on.. Even more! It doesn't free wheel at all?
  • Not trying to be rude but a real car wheel doesn't either?
  • edited March 2015
    When off it Moves like that... when on there is Damping Built into the Firm ware... But in the Video he is Flicking the Wheel Harder than it Seems!!! It doent just totally Free Wheel with No Resistance. as far as the Creeking Noise your belts Need to be Re-adjusted... I did that on My CSR E and it works fine to this day.
  • Just mail RMA that things hvae gotten only WORSE after you sent it in Nathalie.

Don't go tweaking it yourself while under warranty.....if you can't get it right your only making things worse and perhaps your warranty's gone !!!!

Not trying to be rude but a real car wheel doesn't either?

It's not about reality, it's about build quality and consistency and if the wheel is functioning as expected :)
    When off it Moves like that... when on there is Damping Built into the Firm ware... But in the Video he is Flicking the Wheel Harder than it Seems!!! It doent just totally Free Wheel with No Resistance. as far as the Creeking Noise your belts Need to be Re-adjusted... I did that on My CSR E and it works fine to this day.
    When OFF your wheel moves like that, but when ON its got dampening built in? This is even more bizarre then, as his shell is powered ON!
    And when OFF my wheel gets no where near that level of low resistance?

Just mail RMA that things hvae gotten only WORSE after you sent it in Nathalie.

Don't go tweaking it yourself while under warranty.....if you can't get it right your only making things worse and perhaps your warranty's gone !!!!

Hi,
    Yea I won't tinker with my wheel my self. I'm not confodent enough. But it's gone back and had a new motor once already (within a few days or arrival) now it's still not right, clicking, juddery, seems ... Just seems off?

I asked if they would just do a straight swap for a replacement (considering it was diagnosed as faulty on arrival, and I'm sure that DSR etc all entitle the buyer to a replacement) but they said no? Repairs only, which can take another week or more, and after €2000 spend, I'd just like to use it :)

I thought Thomas and the team would just swap it out, but it seems it's at the users Inconvinience, which is a real shame for such a big spend. This cost more than some of big home purchases and if I experience any issue with them, I get them resolved immediately with a 5 year warranty as standard.

Not having a go, I suppose fanatec are willing to fix it, but if you deliver a faulty item, and it's diagnosed as faulty on day of arrival, I'd just ship a replacement and switch it over on the door (which is usually the case u der distance selling remulations, as noted by Amazon etc...)

Not a big deal. Just means that after 3 weeks, I still have a faulty wheel... Was faulty in week 1, was away being repaired in week 2 and is still faulty (ish) in week 3? It's a shame as my experience overall has been exemplary with fanatec. Look at my posts praising them. But now, I'm getting a little worn down of the Inconvineice always being on my side :(

No worries though, just excited to use to my €2000 fanatec sim sig.... But can't :(
  • Hi Natalie. I will be sending back my wheel also as I have lost around 50% of my force feedback in 2 weeks use. Hope these problems can be resolved as I have also spent in excess of €2000 and have been delighted with everything apart from this small issue which I hope can be resolved.
  • Even if you've got a 5000 bucks 4K tv that's faulty it goes for repair nowadays....and in most cases you even get a refurbished one that someone else used Natalie. So take comfort in the fact you get your own one back.

edited March 2015

Even if you've got a 5000 bucks 4K tv that's faulty it goes for repair nowadays....and in most cases you even get a refurbished one that someone else used Natalie. So take comfort in the fact you get your own one back.

Not if it's faulty on arrival? Particularly under distance selling.
    Perhaps it's country specific, but in my country, the legislation is if it's faulty on arrival within 7 days, a replacement should be offered or a refund.

Distance selling regulations and SOG both entitle the user to this.
    Other wise companies would just knowingly sell new items, make sure there faulty so they can be replaceed with a reconditioned unit.

After a 30days, the retailer has more protection, but shipping a known faulty item is not allowed and the user is entitled to a replacement or a refund if it's under 7 days and faulty on arrival as per the distance selling regulations.

To be fair, if I was fanatec, id look as the situation.. See a new user spend €2000 and our product was faulty. In these exceptional (not the norm) situations of ship a replacement and recon the faulty one for use later as knowingly offered recon units.

That's just my opinion, but I have incredibly high standards and I manage my affairs differently. I'm not condemning Fanatec, merely stating that there may be other and perhaps better solutions they could offer to their customers (in exceptional circumstances).
  • Not trying to be rude but a real car wheel doesn't either?

It's not about reality, it's about build quality and consistency and if the wheel is functioning as expected :)
    When OFF your wheel moves like that, but when ON its got dampening built in? This is even more bizarre then, as his shell is powered ON!
    And when OFF my wheel gets no where near that level of low resistance?

Just mail RMA that things hvae gotten only WORSE after you sent it in Nathalie.

Hi,
    Yea I won't tinker with my wheel my self. I'm not confodent enough. But it's gone back and had a new motor once already (within a few days or arrival) now it's still not right, clicking, juddery, seems ... Just seems off?

I asked if they would just do a straight swap for a replacement (considering it was diagnosed as faulty on arrival, and I'm sure that DSR etc all entitle the buyer to a replacement) but they said no? Repairs only, which can take another week or more, and after €2000 spend, I'd just like to use it :)

I thought Thomas and the team would just swap it out, but it seems it's at the users Inconvinience, which is a real shame for such a big spend. This cost more than some of big home purchases and if I experience any issue with them, I get them resolved immediately with a 5 year warranty as standard.

Not having a go, I suppose fanatec are willing to fix it, but if you deliver a faulty item, and it's diagnosed as faulty on day of arrival, I'd just ship a replacement and switch it over on the door (which is usually the case u der distance selling remulations, as noted by Amazon etc...)

Not a big deal. Just means that after 3 weeks, I still have a faulty wheel... Was faulty in week 1, was away being repaired in week 2 and is still faulty (ish) in week 3? It's a shame as my experience overall has been exemplary with fanatec. Look at my posts praising them. But now, I'm getting a little worn down of the Inconvineice always being on my side :(

No worries though, just excited to use to my €2000 fanatec sim sig.... But can't :(
    I'm wondering if you couldn't get some compensation for such inconveniences.. Wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose. 

You could also request a full diagnostic on the base before they send it back to make sure no other issues occur(hopefully they would do it the 1st time around?). It's not the buyers responsibility to point out every defect in the product, imo. If there are other issues than the initial reason for RMA, they need to be corrected also, a little extra care given to make sure base is as perfect as it can be. The fact that you need to send it back, only after just getting it back is pretty embarrassing for Fanatec, imo.

Good luck with next repair.
  • edited March 2015
    The Wheel in that Video is Off... The Power Light is Not on... Take a Closer Look.

Im Not Suggesting any 1 tamper with their wheel but the Belt adjustment is Simple... And you dont take the wheel apart to do it Either.. its all done right from the front face of the wheel... The Belt attached to the Motor Side usualy Breaks in Quicker because its Subject to Direct FFB & Heat from the Motor...No Big Deal if you Know How to Tweek it and Snuggg it back up.