Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

lol I hate writing it's hard to get across sarcasm. I was just pointing out that a certain person keeps telling you that CM is a waste and doesn't support FFB. Which it doesn't and you've said that. So he should have no objection if it's the same as a controller is my point.

That certain person seems to know what they're talking about. Instead of babbling on about nothing, Chris, why don't you point out where that certain person said anything about his time using a CM????? I'll wait....Or were you just babbling for the sake of babbling? Why don't you instead post your time, or do you think it won't be "blessed"? Oh and one other point for you, Chris, I already have a gamepad so I feel no need to emulate one, thanks.
  • And you keep trolling and posting concerned with my post why? Again the question was to me not you stay out of grown folks buisness and get a life
    You made your trolling Fanatec public, not me. You posted your own dirty laundry. Now how's that BBB phony complaint coming along?
    its coming along as good as your mom lol. Bottom line is im not speaking to you and the question was asked to me. Its clear that you are full of yourself so give it a rest again stick to your posts about lap times and other things and quit worrying about what i'm doing 
    A mom joke followed by an "lol", no wonder you're such a pathetic little wretch trying to sucker Fanatec for a freebie, go mow your neighbours lawn or ask for a raise in your allownance. I'll stick to commenting on posts in the PUBLIC forum if I want, so keep posting!
    Ill keep posting and you keep trolling but its clear again you are full of yourself if you are arguing that the latest systems aren't next gen so much for pathetic when you don't even understand that 
  • And you keep trolling and posting concerned with my post why? Again the question was to me not you stay out of grown folks buisness and get a life
    You made your trolling Fanatec public, not me. You posted your own dirty laundry. Now how's that BBB phony complaint coming along?
    its coming along as good as your mom lol. Bottom line is im not speaking to you and the question was asked to me. Its clear that you are full of yourself so give it a rest again stick to your posts about lap times and other things and quit worrying about what i'm doing 
    A mom joke followed by an "lol", no wonder you're such a pathetic little wretch trying to sucker Fanatec for a freebie, go mow your neighbours lawn or ask for a raise in your allownance. I'll stick to commenting on posts in the PUBLIC forum if I want, so keep posting!
    Ill keep posting and you keep trolling but its clear again you are full of yourself if you are arguing that the latest systems aren't next gen so much for pathetic when you don't even understand that 

I have no doubt you'll keep trolling Fanatec for a freebie, it's not like you're going to get a job and purchase it. What I understand are that the "latest systems" CAME OUT WELL OVER A YEAR AGO, kid. It's pretty obvious who has the trouble understanding.
  • I'm disappointed that those of us who pre-ordered the CSWv2 were not sent an email announcement about the release of the hub (and first opportunity to order). But I've got my issues with that resolved with tech support, and just look forward to it shipping either 2015-8-31 (my birthday of all days :)), or maybe earlier.

I have a question that maybe the community can answer, though. Will the base transmit vibrations into the wheel? I don't see how that could happen when the rim is completely separate from the electronics.
    The V2 base transfers EVERYTHING..the wheel is only the receiver...
    So if I ride a rumble strip, I'll be able to feel the vibration in the rim?

It's possible I don't know how FFB works. The only proper wheel I've owned is the CSR-E. It transmitted all of the sensations as I would expect. But that rim is directly attached to the base. And am I wrong in assuming that rim has rumble motors built into it?
  • Thomas allready confirmed in other topic that there will be NO headphone support via V2 base or wheel/hub...so until M$ comes with a wireless headphone or any descent action to keep the pad 'alive' while not using it...we have to keep troubling with charging the pad to use the wired headphones. @(++%#¤⊙ω®℃℉
    I haven't had an issue with this. In fact, I've been using my controller sans batteries since I did a test of the CronusMAX device (miserable failure). The Xbone does a really nice thing in that you can have at least two input devices for one player. It was a pain switching from wheel to controller on the 360 to adjust paints and such. It's much easier on the Xbone, and a simple 2-port USB hub will fix the single port on the front of the Xbone -- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817196089&cm_re=cable_usb_hub-_-17-196-089-_-Product
  • Just got a 2.23.232 clean no cuts.

I also did a 2.23.183 clean but that was cutting the Eau Rouge. For some reason the game lets you cut this and doesn't dirty the lap.
  • I'm disappointed that those of us who pre-ordered the CSWv2 were not sent an email announcement about the release of the hub (and first opportunity to order). But I've got my issues with that resolved with tech support, and just look forward to it shipping either 2015-8-31 (my birthday of all days :)), or maybe earlier.

I have a question that maybe the community can answer, though. Will the base transmit vibrations into the wheel? I don't see how that could happen when the rim is completely separate from the electronics.

It's possible I don't know how FFB works. The only proper wheel I've owned is the CSR-E. It transmitted all of the sensations as I would expect. But that rim is directly attached to the base. And am I wrong in assuming that rim has rumble motors built into it?
    There are no vibration motors in the Universal Hub so you will not feel the vibration rumble like in the stand alone rims and wheels. On those wheels the vibration motors are inside the actual rim. You will get FFB only. Yes, you will feel a rumble strip if the dev wants you to.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm disappointed that those of us who pre-ordered the CSWv2 were not sent an email announcement about the release of the hub (and first opportunity to order). But I've got my issues with that resolved with tech support, and just look forward to it shipping either 2015-8-31 (my birthday of all days :)), or maybe earlier.

There are no vibration motors in the Universal Hub so you will not feel the vibration rumble like in the stand alone rims and wheels. On those wheels the vibration motors are inside the actual rim. You will get FFB only. Yes, you will feel a rumble strip if the dev wants you to.
    Support for wheel rim vibration went out all together with driver 205 so if your up to date none of your rims should have vibration motors activated in the rim
  • @Dillan why not :) pop a time up and see how it compares to an actual (non emulated wheel. I'll even create a section for others who place a time using it. That might be a very interesting set of results too.

For example, If your results are almost identical then it means that the product is actually rather useful and relativly precise :)

I'm interested in seeing the results of this vs a hub :)

I'll give it a try, perhaps do a video also as I don't have any yet for the v2 on X1. 

For now, I was able to get a clean pad time of 2:27:344. Some TCS on that little grasshopper would have been nice  :))
  • There are no vibration motors in the Universal Hub so you will not feel the vibration rumble like in the stand alone rims and wheels. On those wheels the vibration motors are inside the actual rim. You will get FFB only. Yes, you will feel a rumble strip if the dev wants you to.
    Support for wheel rim vibration went out all together with driver 205 so if your up to date none of your rims should have vibration motors activated in the rim
    Hmmm. I think my CSR-E shipped with firmware 722.

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if it's the same. Hopefully it ends up shipping earlier than August.
  • The V2 base HAS got ffb AND vibration motors inside and ARE used. Ffb for curbs etc and vibrations for wheel spin, and hopefully in PCars for engine sounds.
    You can test it in the Fanatec setup tool. Display, rev lights, ffb and vibrations test !
    I've been playing Grid Autosport on PS3 for a week , even that game sends vibrations to the base when wheels spin.
  • By the way Grimey...does your brake pedal vibrate when locking up the wheels in Grid Autosport ? Don't think that's implemented in game, but if it is something's wrong with my pedals.
  • Greg WilliamsGreg Williams Member
    edited April 2015
    Hey Natalie and all other drivers doing hot laps, why do guys insist on driving that car in a form it was not meant to be.

The BMW M3 GT2 has traction control and you will also find alot of GT3 cars run Traction control and ABS.

From BMW about the specs for the race version of the M3 GT2

The ECU408 monitors the “Quick Shift” function of the six-speed
    sequential gearbox on the BMW M3 GT2, which suppresses the ignition when
    changing gear, thus allowing even faster gear changes. The compact
    transmission unit is positioned on the rear axle to allow optimal weight
    distribution. The driver is assisted by a mechanical limited slip
    differential and traction control.

Just wondering thats all.

Also I may try giving the hotlaps a go but find driving with the pad very difficult these days as I have suffered major tendon damage to my hands and so will always opt for a wheel if possible. I just dont have the dexterity to control the triggers etc due to an accident.
  • Also on another note I am interested on how similar the times are in comparison to Pcars, so I might also try some laps on Pcars using the V2 wheel and see how they compare to you pad times on Forza.
  • Ok looked up some real life times for Spa and the BMW M3 GT2 2:23.

So I started up Pcars and the V2. Set up the game options to real for assists etc and was setting consistent 2:26 - 2:27 lap times.

Whereas in Forza there are times being set that even real life Pro drivers cannot set. It is interesting that forza claimed to be a sim but you have always been able to set times much faster than real life, whereas in Pcars and full sims you really have to work hard to get close to the real times.
  • Antoine you have to set the Pedal Vibration thrtough the Wheel ABS function... I Keep my ABS at 55%
  • I also don't understand in what is the sense of an quick release function if I have to unscrew several screws to change the wheel? I would have designed the little box to be attached at the base and have added the Xbox Chip in an USB stick (just like you did with the Porsche wheel) including wireless functionality. 

This would reduce the weight of the wheel and it would be easier to buy more wheels.

For me as an example would have bought the BMW GT wheel, the classic and a F1 wheel, but knowing I have to unscrew several screws just because I want to use another the car at  Project CARS for example I will stick to just one wheel.

But probably later this year there will be dedicated wheels for XBOX One...
    You don't have to unscrew ANY screws to use the Quick release, none, nada, zip. If you're referring to the bolts that attach the rim to the hub then you're unaware of how this product was intended to be used. It makes ONE RIM a quick release, not multiple rims.

• get a slimline quick release....multiple rims
  • edited April 2015
    The Porche and F1 Rim have Vibration Motors in the Rim but they ONLY work for the ABS fuction... Trust Me the V2 is Sooo Good at Simulating Road Feel you wont even Miss the Rim Vibration Feature... as a Matter of Fact you Will Probably Run Better Times without it!!! Because the Rim Vibration is Not accurate to tell you when the the Surface Changes... if i get 1 wheel off the Ground or im Sliding Loosing Grip i Clearly feel it with the V2.
  • CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
  • The V2 base HAS got ffb AND vibration motors inside and ARE used. Ffb for curbs etc and vibrations for wheel spin, and hopefully in PCars for engine sounds.
    You can test it in the Fanatec setup tool. Display, rev lights, ffb and vibrations test !
    I've been playing Grid Autosport on PS3 for a week , even that game sends vibrations to the base when wheels spin.
    Come to think of it you may be right they only removed vibration caused by Throttle Pedal input when  pedals are attached electronically to the base. I have reverted back to the v1 and driver 200 so I still have throttle input vibration
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015
    I also don't understand in what is the sense of an quick release function if I have to unscrew several screws to change the wheel? I would have designed the little box to be attached at the base and have added the Xbox Chip in an USB stick (just like you did with the Porsche wheel) including wireless functionality. 

This would reduce the weight of the wheel and it would be easier to buy more wheels.

For me as an example would have bought the BMW GT wheel, the classic and a F1 wheel, but knowing I have to unscrew several screws just because I want to use another the car at  Project CARS for example I will stick to just one wheel.

You don't have to unscrew ANY screws to use the Quick release, none, nada, zip. If you're referring to the bolts that attach the rim to the hub then you're unaware of how this product was intended to be used. It makes ONE RIM a quick release, not multiple rims.

Yes I am doing this ATM and have 4 QR's on the way as I type. However I am not sawing off any wheel rims but quite clever of you.

Here for Cheap

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUTOFAB-Hot-Selliing-Thin-Version-Steering-Wheel-Quick-Release-AF-CA0012-C-Bule-red-blcack-golden/1204180023.html

Here for Quality

http://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-release-kits/thin-version/feed

I went cheap and will deal with the slop in the mechanism accordingly when it happens

• Support for wheel rim vibration went out all together with driver 205 so if your up to date none of your rims should have vibration motors activated in the rim
    I guess your vibration motors are dead then because they work just fine on my Formula Rim.
  • Hmmmm... that Might be a Smart Idea!!! a Rim Quick Release bolted to to the Hub Quick Release...But that Seems like it makes the Rim Poke out Further...You will have to Re-adjust your Seat and Pedal Position to accomodate for the Rim Poking out further.... i just went through that and Had to Re-adjust my Pedals....you will be Surprised how 1/2 inch will affect your Driving and Lap times....Do you have any pics if how this Looks??? Seems Like it Might Work.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    I also don't understand in what is the sense of an quick release function if I have to unscrew several screws to change the wheel? I would have designed the little box to be attached at the base and have added the Xbox Chip in an USB stick (just like you did with the Porsche wheel) including wireless functionality. 

ahh good a slim one! All the ones I looked at were too fat.
    There are no vibration motors inside the V2 base, the vibration motors are inside the rims themselves.
  • The Rim Vibration ONLY works for ABS when Pedals are Connected to the Wheel. The Throttle Does Not Activate the Rim Vibration any More... Set your ABS 55% thats what i use in GT6 and Assetto Corsa. The Rim Vibrates when you Lock up the Brakes/Reach 55% of Pedal Travel.
  • double post

• The Porche and F1 Rim have Vibration Motors in the Rim but they ONLY work for the ABS fuction... Trust Me the V2 is Sooo Good at Simulating Road Feel you wont even Miss the Rim Vibration Feature... as a Matter of Fact you Will Probably Run Better Times without it!!! Because the Rim Vibration is Not accurate to tell you when the the Surface Changes... if i get 1 wheel off the Ground or im Sliding Loosing Grip i Clearly feel it with the V2.
    They also work for the engine vibration when hitting the gas if you have ABS turned OFF
  • CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
    No, it did not remove vibration, mine works just fine on my Formula Rim, you can even use the driver itself to test the vibration. Obviously you have an issue with yours.