Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I can recommend FFB settings posted by Jack Spade in the officiol Project CARS Forum
    The tweaker files are for PC only but there are also linked PDF and Excel files with that settings for every car to use them on consoles.
    I tried it yesterday on PS4 and have much better FFB compared to the default settings. 

Edit: On PS4 I use the CSW v1 and the CSW v2 on PC. The Settings are a massive improvement on both PC and PS4 and both CSW versions
  • I can recommend FFB settings posted by Jack Spade in the officiol Project CARS Forum
    The tweaker files are for PC only but there are also linked PDF and Excel files with that settings for every car to use them on consoles.
    I tried it yesterday on PS4 and have much better FFB compared to the default settings. 

Edit: On PS4 I use the CSW v1 and the CSW v2 on PC. The Settings are a massive improvement on both PC and PS4 and both CSW versions
    Why different wheels if I may ask?

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015

I held off buying on launch. (I'm not buying any game at launch as I feel devs are shipping games that aren't complete. And using us the PAYING gamers to do final beta testing.) I'm glad I held off. When I get I'll be playing catch up to those who have it but I won't have to deal with the headaches. I've got enough of those already. Lol

No reason to wait if you're getting the PC version.

I can tell you all that the clutch works with the V2 wheel on the PC version as I pop it to launch when the red light drops!

I'm getting PC and either X1 and/or PS4 version. The console games seem to be the worst about shipping with tons of issues.

I'll eventually get the XO version to race with my friends on live, but no point getting a bug ridden version when I won't even get the hub until the end of the month and there could be a couple patches by then as well as the usual price reduction that happens when something ships full of bugs.

It does appear the console versions have more bugs than a bait store.

Don't count on a price reduction

Anyway I am kind of disappointed to hear of the bugs on the console version as the community was unable to be given the chance to test those versions. However SMS is committed to fixing these issues in a more then timely fashion. As for price reduction you might see this after break even levels are reached in sales revenue

• this might help some people out

• So...I finally have Project Cars running ;D (on XBox One) Now really really eager for the hub to arrive! ;P If anyone has some controller tips in the mean time....it's quite horrible to control the cars atm ;)

Btw I fully agree on giving (perhaps a certain female someone) Op status! ;)

I've spent quite some time in Pcars bug testing and I have been switching between the XBO version and PS4 versions on the pad and Forza 5

The closest I was able to get to the same feeling as Forza 5 on a PAD was this:

Steering Deadzone 10 (I Normally use 0 but this game REALLY needs a dead zone)
    Steering Sensitivity 20 (I know it looks strange but stay with me here)
    Throttle Dead zone 0
    Throttle Sensitivity 50
    Brake Dead zone 0
    Brake Sensitive 30
    Clutch Deadzone 0
    Clutch Sensitivity 50
    Speed Sensitivity 75 (some times down to 65 depending on car)
    Controller filtering Sensitivity 50 (some times down to 35 depending on car)

Controller mode 3
    Advanced OFF

Now in some cars I have to change the speed sensitivity to 65 but otherwise, this feels as close to Forza as I can get.

It's responsive on slow corners, not jittery on the fast straights and twists / turns.

I know it doesn't looks right, but it feels very close to FM5 as I spent a good 7/8 hours trying to get it playable on the pad.

I will say the PS4 defaults are actually fantastic, but the XBO defaults are shocking, almost unplayable.

Give it a try, then maybe use it as a base line and tweak from there, but as a general starting point, that where I am now after hours of tweaking and comparing :)

Thank you for putting in the effort. They didn't make it easy, having to quit out to the menus to adjust controls. Your settings almost work for me, but this thing is still unplayable IMO. I uninstalled it and deleted my save data (couldn't even complete a practice session anyway). When my hub arrives (in September?) I'll give it another try. Maybe it'll be in an actual release state by then.
  • PCARS 2 Announced !

Maybe they will get it right second time round. 

• Hey people. This is off topic but figured you all wouldn't mind. Lol. How do you tell the difference between the Turbo and TurboS wheel. On the FANATEC discontinued page for each it doesn't supply a picture. Thanks
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015
    Turbo wheel doesn't have an Xbox guide button
  • Turbo wheel doesn't have an Xbox guide button

Thanks
  • edited May 2015
    PS4 PCARS FFB ,CSW v2 Settings
    *Should work with other wheels*

It only Took Three Days of Sitting infront of My PC with the PS4 and PCars PDF.. Which by the way the Settings are Labled Totaly Different than what they are Named on the PS4 .
    The Problem is Most of the Settings in PCars Just Dont Work or they are Just Redundent and Every Setting Cancels out another Setting!!!

16hrs of Tweeking But I Finaly Have Good Wheel Settings For PS4 PCars!!!

This is Done in the Controler Menu where you Calibrate the Wheel Pedals.and FFB.

Tire Force 100
    Linkage Stiffness 100
    Everything Else is 0 or Just Off!!! Some settings will only go to .01
    Just Trust Me on this Try It.

This is Done in the Tune your Car Menu or Garrage where you tune individual Car FFB.

Master Spindal 30 to 36 depending on Car or taste.
    FX 0.01
    FY 60.00
    FZ 60.00
    MZ 60.00

ALL Smoothin OFF!!!
    ALL Damping OFF!!!

Body Scale 0.01
    Body Stiffness 0.01
    Body Damping 0.01

SOP Scale 40.0
    SOP Lat 50.0
    SOP DIFF 50.0
    SOP Damp O.O

I Set My FFB on my V2 at 75 to 85% Depending on Car in Driving... Start with 75% and work your way up.
    Everything is there Tire chatter, Weight Transfer, Kurb Feel.... PS4 version Should be Great once they Sort out the Bugs in the FFB setting.

This Shoud Serrve as a Good Starting Point for all Cars.
    So Far this Feels.Great on the Ruff RGT-8GT3 and the Clio.
    Test it out let me Know.what you think.
  • Has any body else Noticed that the ABS feature on the V2 base does Not work with PCars??? i set the ABS on the wheel to 55% and the Brake Pedal nor the Rim motors Vibrate.
    I haven't tried the ABS vibration yet, but the very first thing I felt on my first try was the vibration motors in the rim for engine rumble. I'll try the ABS feature later and let you know, it should work because it has nothing to do with the sim you're running. It should vibrate even with nothing loaded.
    Well...everything may work on pc, but again on ps4 nothing on gas or braking vibrations...

• On PS4 No ABS... No Rim Rumble at All... No Matter where you set ABS Setting Off or On
  • PCARS 2 Announced !

and it will once again sell more copies in a day than iRacing has in its entire lifetime.
  • Thomas is all looking good for the first batch of hubs to ship on time.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

PCARS 2 Announced !

and it will once again sell more copies in a day than iRacing has in its entire lifetime.

Oh dear haha

Jason the Hipster of sim racing. So sales now dictate how good something is in your eyes.

Jason you stick to your hot lapping and ramfest online titles. You really buy into all the hype and  hot air. As I saw iracing is just a little too hard for you going by your record. You didn't stick with it too long as you just cant cut it.

You keep bluffing your lap times with a gamepad.

• Im Going Back to Assetto Corsa & GT6!!! ATM untill.the FFB Patch.Pcars is Garbage!!! I Have Decemt wheel Settings the Best Feel i Could Get outta it... its a Dam Shame it still Doesn't feel as Good as last gen GT6. I cant believe we waited 3+ years and all the Hype for this BS!!! and Heres the Joke!!! (Drum Roll) Even though they Saying they working on a Fix it still dont Have to Be Right!!!! With all this time and Hype but they Put out such Garbage i wonder whats Next another Sctew up... It has to be. jmo... they Have good physics in the game i can feel it with the wheel tune i Have... but the Wheel Feel is still Not Right. and Nothing you can do to get it Right either... Like i said GT6 still Feels Better Dam Shame. jmo
  • Grimey Get the Rfactor2 demo for pc. The game is far from the finished package but has the best FFB of all. Give it a whirl. Small team but getting there.

AC in the BMW with pro setting 2.20.2 clean lap probably not pushing the runoffs to the limit.

• edited May 2015
    Keith Sharp i Have Rfactor2!!! i Forgot How to install the Mods for it... LOL... Thats why i Havent played it in a while... LOL... Its been Sooo Long since i loaded it up i dont even remember where to get the Mod packs From.... Thats the Biggest Reason i Like and Do Console More because i Dont wanna Spend alot of Time Tweeking and Setting Stuff up... I Just wanna Junp on and Run!!!! LOL Lazy Me. :))

Tooo Much Tweeking is Like My Real Life... Racing is My Get away and Relaxation \:D/
  • edited May 2015
    Keith Sharp We Gotta Ton AC some Time... im in NY.... where are you What time Zone we can Set up a Race.
  • edited May 2015
    My Best time on AC at Spa in the BMW was a 2:23.4xx but that was Un-tuned Not even Aero was added.... AC Handles Well.
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Give Rfactor2 a go again. They have updated the front end and you can install mods or updates from that now. It has been optimised much better now and the graphics tweaked so its getting there.

Time to dust it down again.

uk here. Let battle commence.

And im not just dumping on Pcars. Been around since the start with the crowd funding. I would be happier if they nailed it but they haven't. I can only comment on PC based sims (playing them since revs,gpl & cramonds f1 series). Assetto  Corsa pretty good bit hit and miss online with ramming. RF2 pretty dead online but best FFB to date. Iracing not the most polished graphics best online racing by far.

edited May 2015

PCARS 2 Announced !

Oh dear haha

Jason the Hipster of sim racing. So sales now dictate how good something is in your eyes.

Jason you stick to your hot lapping and ramfest online titles. You really buy into all the hype and  hot air. As I saw iracing is just a little too hard for you going by your record. You didn't stick with it too long as you just cant cut it.

You keep bluffing your lap times with a gamepad.

oh for $#%# sake, learn to read keith. Where did I ever claim to be a hot lapper? It's funny how you react with teary eyes to any iRacing comment. iRacing is a reverse ramfest and then the dumbass coders give incident points to the car that gets backed into on a start grid, for doing nothing but waiting for the race to start. You just buy into that keith, oh wait, you already have.

I see you suck at ovals keith, guess they're a little too hard for you. Guess you can't cut it all those lefts and all must get confusing for you. Just stick to your DX 9 last gen ramfest, keith.

Keep on fluffing, keith. My laptimes are on the leaderboard, but you'd actually have to know how to read to verify it. No wonder you ride a bicycle, keith.

• Thomas with the original 5/28/2015 ship date approaching next week for the Xbox One wheel hub, I was wondering if we could receive a status update. Is the first batch of wheel hubs still on schedule to ship next week? Thanks. 
  • saw this on the v2 shipping date thread keith dunno if its relevant 

• Every Day that I Sit Here and Cant Olay PCars because they Put out Garbage for Wheel Support the Madder i Get about it!!! Do they Think that FFB PDF Fixed anything??? It still Feels like Trash!!! Im about to join their.web site just so i Can Bash them!!!
  • Be careful of rFactor 2, I bought it when it first released with 18 months of multiplayer and not only did they never manage to finish it in that 18 months, but when it expired I couldn't even play single player. What a bunch of scammers it said the 18 months was only applicable to multiplayer. No reason single player should say my account has expired. That's why I never jumped on board with funding pCars, I learned my lesson already.
  • Time to join the Master Race, Grimey!!!! pCars is very playable even at default FFB settings and I even have grass, I saw Gangi playing on the ps4 version and the grass was just all flat.
  • Jason PS4 PCars Graphics are So So... im Not that impressed with them... Looks like GT6.5... I cant Even Tealy say they Look better than FM5... I Dunno i Havent gotten that Deep into PCars yet the Wheel Not Feeling Roght with it Put Me Off Big time!!! What a Let Down!!! I use AMD Graphics Card in my PC so i Have to wait until they get PCars Sorted with AMD cards First... Im Not gonna Blow $$$ upgrading My PC i want a Pure Gaming PC anyway. I May just Buy 1 before the Summer is out before the Oil Bill Returns!!! LOL.... I Fear you May be Right it maybe time to just go PC All the way for Racing!!!! All Hope is Not List yet F1 2015 is out Next Month so we will See what Happens with that... Hopefully they will Patch PCars Soon.
  • Natalie Bissell where are you???
    edited May 2015
    I'm using an AMD GPU too Grimey and I'm not having any problems running pCars. You can also try the windows 10 beta driver for AMD GPU's.