Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• why has Fanatec not made a basic wheel for the xbox one?

simple plug and play thats what i want,, if it feels good and responsive and tough enough to last (at least until the next generation consoles come out) thats all.

i just want to plug it in and go driving:) if Fanatec made one for say £300 i think they would sell alot of them. i dont care much for one that is milled from a pure billet of titanium or such.

They're taking care of the people who want higher end gear first. The cheap stuff will come later and is already available from TM, there is no high end gear for XO except the V2 and XO/PC Hub combo.

• edited June 2015

why has Fanatec not made a basic wheel for the xbox one?

simple plug and play thats what i want,, if it feels good and responsive and tough enough to last (at least until the next generation consoles come out) thats all.

i just want to plug it in and go driving:) if Fanatec made one for say £300 i think they would sell alot of them. i dont care much for one that is milled from a pure billet of titanium or such.

They're taking care of the people who want higher end gear first. The cheap stuff will come later and is already available from TM, there is no high end gear for XO except the V2 and XO/PC Hub combo.

When are they gonna release new products?
  • Wait it out till Xmas..guess by then they'll be revealed...following previous revealed and pre order dates...LoL
  • Warning to the people here making this forum a mess with the endless bickering: stop it now, or you'll get removed. This is a support forum, not a mud throwing contest.
  • Thank you Remco!!!!
  • Just to cheer up some delivery-awaiting guys...

I was the first to comment in this thread, so kind of first in the world to receive the great news.
    Missed the payment window by 24 hrs.
    Ended-up with:
    Estimated shipping date:
    31/08/2015

Y'all have a nice weekend, OK?
  • Got my shipping info may have it Fri if not Mon then California to NY usaly 3 days .But alas two days until weekend no ups delivery on Sat here .

• Got my hub updated to 219 and so far its working fine in F5 & FH2 will Pcars tom on xbone giving it a go on PS4 Pcars and then PC see how hub is there too .
  • John...watch your fingers and hands on ps4...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    So with the XBO (in the fall) "natively" supporting and playing XB360 games (for free) with full native backward compatibility (on both physical discs and digital) does this mean that the XBHUB will be naitivly compatible with all those 360 racers too :-O

Fantastic times ahead on live :)

Aghhhh
    Modding, Free Games, Second screen apps and Forza 6 weather and night 450 cars @ 1080/60 ... It's looking good for HUB owners right now!

Well.... I wasn't expecting any of that from MS at E3! Many many surprises right there!
  • For backwards compatibility on discs you still have to download the game, putting the disc in only verifies you own it. No games stream from disc on XO
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Wow I missed all kinds today. Damn work.
  • Had an online FM5 session with Antoine....weird results, would like to hear if anyone experience the same; if you have a normal XB1 controller active besides your wheel (in order to use the XB1 headset) I experienced various problems with the wheel losing brake signal, loosing all signals with just the flippers on the wheelhub working, loosing all force feedback etc. *It is like they interfere with each other

Furthermore I finally received my shifter cable, but it seems the shifter does not work in FM5 (I did calibrate the shifter, using the wheelhub). I get random neutral, 5 and reverse as outcome when trying to shift...among no selected gear at all...
  • Ohh and the XB1 controller with the headset connected would disconnect after a certain period of time...
  • Ohh and the XB1 controller with the headset connected would disconnect after a certain period of time...
    That's normal. If there is no input to the controller (no buttons/triggers pushed) it goes into standby to save battery.

edited June 2015
    Had an online FM5 session with Antoine....weird results, would like to hear if anyone experience the same; if you have a normal XB1 controller active besides your wheel (in order to use the XB1 headset) I experienced various problems with the wheel losing brake signal, loosing all signals with just the flippers on the wheelhub working, loosing all force feedback etc. *It is like they interfere with each other

Furthermore I finally received my shifter cable, but it seems the shifter does not work in FM5 (I did calibrate the shifter, using the wheelhub). I get random neutral, 5 and reverse as outcome when trying to shift...among no selected gear at all...

If you are losing FFB etc there is a bug in PCars causing this anyway which they are looking into. You must also ensure the controller is active and connected via USB to stop it falling asleep (which also causes problems)

Also with the shifter, once it's been calibrated in the driver, you should have no issues but remember Forza will only let you use what the vehicle has. So you cant shift correctly via H in a F1 car for example. So depending on car, that sounds ok.

If you were in a Ford Focus and standard (non race gearbox etc) and couldn't H shift then no that's not right. But if you have upgraded it all all, this could be the issue.

Check what gearbox the car has, if you have upgraded it and then try again and see how that goes ;)
  • Thnx for your feedback Natalie!

The issues mentioned were in Forza 5, thanks for the tip to have the controller powered via usb to prevent it from going to sleep!

About the shifter; I did try it with cars that do have it IRL ...however I have not had the shifter connected to the PC (I did calibrate it on the wheelhub....) is that the 'trick'? To me this seems weird....and is also very unpractical...since my PC is nowhere near my raceseat situated..
  • edited June 2015
    Get yourself a cheap Flap Jap from Marktplaats, Toon...LOL
    Thnx for your feedback Natalie!

The issues mentioned were in Forza 5, thanks for the tip to have the controller powered via usb to prevent it from going to sleep!

About the shifter; I did try it with cars that do have it IRL ...however I have not had the shifter connected to the PC (I did calibrate it on the wheelhub....) is that the 'trick'? To me this seems weird....and is also very unpractical...since my PC is nowhere near my raceseat situated..

I meant calibrated to the driver via the base ;) as long as you have done that, and are not using some upgraded modified gearbox etc on your car, it should be fine.

Best test is to buy a completely default car and retest. It could be simply related to a modification to you existing car. Perhaps you upgraded the transmission, clutch etc and if so, that will be reflected in game ;)

If not, re calibrate, ensure you are on the latest firmware, use a brand new default car (like a mini) and set gears to "manual with clutch" and see if that works ;)
  • So what's the verdict with Forza 5 fellas?

How does the FFB compare to Project Cars on the Xbone/PS4?

It's something I've been eager to know but there are no Youtube videos and I can't find anyone reviewing the Fanatec Xbox One hub With Forza 5 + FFB effects. 
    :((
  • I haven't tried the 1.4 patch for Project Cars yet, but for me the FFB in FM5 is absolutely brilliant! You get great feedback on the grip of the car (distinct difference between front and rear wheel grip level) also the weight-shift feeling is great! In Project Cars however it feels numb, and you get no feeling of grip levels....I really hope the 1.4 patch will fix that...
  • Tire chatter, weight transfer, hard shifts, grip loss, left/right wheel distinction, it's all there and it's pretty strong too in FM5. Doesn't feel anything like the weak FFB from the 360 that's for sure.
  • Btw Natalie; what does 'I meant calibrated to the driver via the base' ...mean? ;P (I only had the Wheelbase alone connected to my PC when doing the firmware upgrade....do I need to do that again, but then with shifter attached to the base.....or is that just a rumour...lol)

Do you have the H-shifter successfully working in Forza 5? Does anybody? ;)
  • I think nobody Toon, it's just not supported in game...and I don't think T10 will fix that issue with FM6 coming in September.
    And Natalie means it the way you've done it mate. Via display Letting the base know what gear you shifted to and save gears in the base. (can't remember which button combo you used to tune the gears on the wheel) LoL
    edited June 2015
    Btw Natalie; what does 'I meant calibrated to the driver via the base' ...mean? ;P (I only had the Wheelbase alone connected to my PC when doing the firmware upgrade....do I need to do that again, but then with shifter attached to the base.....or is that just a rumour...lol)

Do you have the H-shifter successfully working in Forza 5? Does anybody? ;)

H pattern works absolutely flawlessly in Forza. It doesn't work correctly for PCars though as PCars has no "neutral" support for H pattern shifters on XBO. You can't manually put a car into neutral on XBO with a H pattern shifter, rendering your clutch completely useless for gear changing, unable to sit in neutral at start or in track etc :D (I still can't get over that one)

For calibration, Yea I meant what you did seems right ;)
    Connect shifter to v2 base via cable
    Connect v2base to PC via USB
    Launch driver
    Calibrate shifter to the v2 base via the driver (using the hotkeys n the wheel to enable shifter calibration)
    Once calibrated play FM5 and H pattern will work absolutely perfectly ;)
  • So with the XBO (in the fall) "natively" supporting and playing XB360 games (for free) with full native backward compatibility (on both physical discs and digital) does this mean that the XBHUB will be naitivly compatible with all those 360 racers too :-O

Fantastic times ahead on live :)

Aghhhh
    Modding, Free Games, Second screen apps and Forza 6 weather and night 450 cars @ 1080/60 ... It's looking good for HUB owners right now!

Well.... I wasn't expecting any of that from MS at E3! Many many surprises right there!
    In regards to the backwards compatibility, both Kinect 1.0 and USB devices are not supported. So, no X1 HUB on 360 games.
    Interesting, that's a shame if that's the case :(

I'll have to look into this further now :D

I'm sure that they said you can play all your 360 titles but now with current gen extras/features such as sharing, DVR, screenshots, snap etc and (obviously) with current controllers (which are wired and wireless) and the hub is recognised as standard supported, MS authorised wired controller/input device.

I'm going to hold out hope for this and tweet Larry ;)
  • In order to achieve backwards compatibility with Xbox 360, the Xbox One will simply simulate Xbox 360 software, meaning that none of the additional accessories or peripherals released for Xbox 360 over the years will function when playing 360 games on Xbox One. Source

And here is the video from Major Nelson.

Theoretically, it could work. But it seems to me like the 360 emulator will simply emulate a controller, when you try to use the XOne HUB.

edited June 2015
    I'm still holding out some hope ;)
    Never give up hope :)

It does state that it won't support "XBOX 360 USB devices" and "XBOX 360 Kinect USB" which makes perfect sense as those devices won't be recognised when plugged into a "XBOX ONE" and can't be emulated.

However, he is using an official XBOX ONE peripheral/controller (which is exactly what the hub is) it's an official supported device that works naively within the system using the official standard wireless protocol (which is what all 360 wheels used)

the hub works in the XBO menus, is natively supported, can be used in game or in the menus to navigate. It uses the official, recognised, licensed, standardised and registerd Microsoft protocol.

For them not to support their own input devices would very be :(

I'd assume that an official, authorised, licensed, Microsoft XBOX ONE controller (HUB) using their standardised protocol should technically work as its naively supported on the device.

Of course the CSRelite won't magically work (which was a 360 supported wheel) but remember, this wheel was NOT USB ... It was "wireless" and according to that statement above only "USB devices" are NOT supported, all standard protocol will be emulated.

Therefore, It's very technically possibly, that any "natively" supported "official" XBONE input device "should/could" work as they will all be using the same standardised protocol and code, and therefore will just be translated to the appropriate 360 protocol.

XBO Pad = Standard Microsoft protocol = Translated to XB360 Standard Microsoft protocol.
    XBO Wheels = Standard Microsoft protocol = Translated to XB360 Standard Microsoft protocol.

Due to the nature of Microsofts locked and standardised protocol, every wheel is essentially the same.

As the wheels on 360 were NOT USB (and were in fact using the standard wireless protocol), it should be a very simple translation for Microsoft, as the thing with MS is that all wheels etc are essentially using the same standard wireless protocol so little to no translation is required. If you have translated the pad, you have also already essentially translated the wheel ...

I'm staying optimistic ;)
  • The Xbox 360 did not use HID FFB protocol so I hold little hope that the V2 will work with 360 games.
    The 360 used XID protocol. Just like I can play FM1 on my 360, but there is no FFB because the original Xbox used the vibration effects to simulate FFB in the Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel.

You should be able to use the V2, but there will most likely be no FFB without an update they won't want to do.