Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• The Xbox 360 did not use HID FFB protocol so I hold little hope that the V2 will work with 360 games.
    The 360 used XID protocol. Just like I can play FM1 on my 360, but there is no FFB because the original Xbox used the vibration effects to simulate FFB in the Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel.

You should be able to use the V2, but there will most likely be no FFB without an update they won't want to do.
    Well MS didn't want to do backwards compatibility either but they did. MS seems to be listening to customers feedback better than ever. So we can hope. Maybe a long shot but who saw backwards compatibility coming?
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    The Xbox 360 did not use HID FFB protocol so I hold little hope that the V2 will work with 360 games.
    The 360 used XID protocol. Just like I can play FM1 on my 360, but there is no FFB because the original Xbox used the vibration effects to simulate FFB in the Fanatec Speedster 3 wheel.

You should be able to use the V2, but there will most likely be no FFB without an update they won't want to do.
    The Xbox 360 did not use HID FFB protocol so I hold little hope that the V2 will work with 360 games.

Well MS didn't want to do backwards compatibility either but they did. MS seems to be listening to customers feedback better than ever. So we can hope. Maybe a long shot but who saw backwards compatibility coming?
      What does backwards compatibility have to do with FFB USB protocol? XID and HID are completely different electronics. Like I said FM1 is backwards compatible on the 360, but the wheel will have no FFB
  • When we get the Backwards Compatabilty does that mean that the XB360 games will Play in 60fps on the XB1???
  • edited June 2015
    I usually Dont agree with Jason Shaffer but he maybe Right about the Wheel and Backwards compatable Racing Games... PS4 has Backwards Compatability if you Stream GT6 but the Wheels wont work and thats PS4 HID and PS3 HID FFB... So He maybe Right... The only way i see that happening is if MS is Trying to make up sales Ground and will Cater to their Customers by allowing the wheels to work with a update... But if it does i dont think it will be a Free update...jmo

They are gonna be trying to Sell FM6 so they wont care about the people who want to play the old Forza games... it will hurt FM6 sales... Especially if the FM6 Reviews are Not amazing.
    edited June 2015
    Btw Natalie; what does 'I meant calibrated to the driver via the base' ...mean? ;P (I only had the Wheelbase alone connected to my PC when doing the firmware upgrade....do I need to do that again, but then with shifter attached to the base.....or is that just a rumour...lol)

Do you have the H-shifter successfully working in Forza 5? Does anybody? ;)
    I have the shifter working fine in FM5 and FH2 now. The problem I had before was that I had it plugged into Shifter Port 2, which works fine on PC, but is only recognised as a sequential shifter on XO, plugging it into Shifter Port 1 fixed the issue.
  • When we get the Backwards Compatabilty does that mean that the XB360 games will Play in 60fps on the XB1???
    Games will play pretty much identically to how they did on the 360. If it was 30 fps before, it will still be 30 fps. However, loading times should be much better, and occasionally anti-aliasing will be better too. Also, expect some bugs. None of the original Xbox games worked that well on the 360, for me. Some had major graphical glitches (Colin McRae 05 comes to mind), and they generally performed better on the original box.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    When we get the Backwards Compatabilty does that mean that the XB360 games will Play in 60fps on the XB1???
    Games will play pretty much identically to how they did on the 360. If it was 30 fps before, it will still be 30 fps. However, loading times should be much better, and occasionally anti-aliasing will be better too. Also, expect some bugs. None of the original Xbox games worked that well on the 360, for me. Some had major graphical glitches (Colin McRae 05 comes to mind), and they generally performed better on the original box.

So far all the games i've tested load and perform perfect. Small detailed improvements but the games run with their original specs.
  • I am trying to order the Porsche wheel for the V2, it will not even allow me to pre-order it or put it in my shopping cart to purchase when they are back in stock.

Any idea when they will be back in stock? How do I go about getting one or being on the list for one?
  • You've signed in on site before ordering ? What region store ?
  • Yes I signed in ahead of time and for the USA but still nothing
    You've signed in on site before ordering ? What region store ?

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I usually Dont agree with Jason Shaffer but he maybe Right about the Wheel and Backwards compatable Racing Games... PS4 has Backwards Compatability if you Stream GT6 but the Wheels wont work and thats PS4 HID and PS3 HID FFB... So He maybe Right... The only way i see that happening is if MS is Trying to make up sales Ground and will Cater to their Customers by allowing the wheels to work with a update... But if it does i dont think it will be a Free update...jmo

They are gonna be trying to Sell FM6 so they wont care about the people who want to play the old Forza games... it will hurt FM6 sales... Especially if the FM6 Reviews are Not amazing.

We won't know for sure until it's released I suppose, but I'm still positive ;)
    As the HUB essentially behaves the same as a plugged in controller (XID) there's no reason fir MS not to support it, it would mean more sales for games and hardware.

Think positive :)
    As Chris said... Who really expected 360 emulation at e3! That took me by surprise and was the biggest hit of the show IMO ;)

In all fairness, it's likely never going to get used anyway as we have F1, Track and Off road games on/coming to the new platform, but if we can go back and use them, that would be nice as I'd go back and complete the games I got sick of grinding (looking at you Forza) ;)
  • Can someone tell me if the BMW GT Wheel that is $249.95 will work with the V2 Base and Xbox One?  I hate how confusing it is to get exact info.
    edited June 2015
    We won't know for sure until it's released I suppose, but I'm still positive ;)
    As the HUB essentially behaves the same as a plugged in controller (XID) there's no reason fir MS not to support it, it would mean more sales for games and hardware.

Think positive :)
    As Chris said... Who really expected 360 emulation at e3! That took me by surprise and was the biggest hit of the show IMO ;)

In all fairness, it's likely never going to get used anyway as we have F1, Track and Off road games on/coming to the new platform, but if we can go back and use them, that would be nice as I'd go back and complete the games I got sick of grinding (looking at you Forza) ;)
    And a controller has no FFB. In order to achieve backwards compatible FFB on the wheels a new API would need to be written to translate the old XID FFB to HID FFB before it was sent to the wheel. This would of course also introduce more latency than if it were handled in actual hardware. The other solution is to re-write the FFB code for each 360 FM title and update via patch and this would mean the emulator would not simply be a virtual 360 either, but a modified 360. Way too much time and work for old games and like Grimey said with FM6 coming in September it wouldn't make much financial sense.
  • Can someone tell me if the BMW GT Wheel that is $249.95 will work with the V2 Base and Xbox One?  I hate how confusing it is to get exact info.
    No, the ONLY wheel that will work on the XO is the newest hub.
    Do I have to buy the hub or would the Porsche 918 Wheel work without the universal hub?  I hate how I have to rely on you guys to respond and can't get direct answers from Fanatec, I have sent multiple emails to them and I am getting impatient.  Just trying to order this **** and give them my money but I don't know what I have to buy or what my options are without having to buy the Universal Hub and a separate wheel.  Anybody lay it down for me?  Anybody can point me in the direction of ordering the 918 wheel?  
  • It's really SIMPLE...just check the product PAGES...where it says Pc/PS3,4/ Xbox One ...it's compatible with XOne..ALL the rest is JUST pc/PS3, 4 compatible !!
    Do I have to buy the hub or would the Porsche 918 Wheel work without the universal hub?  I hate how I have to rely on you guys to respond and can't get direct answers from Fanatec, I have sent multiple emails to them and I am getting impatient.  Just trying to order this **** and give them my money but I don't know what I have to buy or what my options are without having to buy the Universal Hub and a separate wheel.  Anybody lay it down for me?  Anybody can point me in the direction of ordering the 918 wheel?  
    The ONLY Xbox1 Fanatec option at this point is the Xbox1 Universal Hub. Period! You can buy a rim from Fanatec or choose one from another car manufacturer that you like. But you MUST use the Xbox1 Universal Hub. (Note: not the hub that is now on sale)

Thomas has stated that other options are being developed but hasn't given a ETA yet. Hope this helps. Anything else just ask. That's why we're here. Also, the product page for each product lists what consoles/PC its compatible with. FYI
  • edited June 2015
    Can someone tell me if the BMW GT Wheel that is $249.95 will work with the V2 Base and Xbox One?  I hate how confusing it is to get exact info.
    The ONLY Xbox1 Fanatec option at this point is the Xbox1 Universal Hub. Period! You can buy a rim from Fanatec or choose one from another car manufacturer that you like. But you MUST use the Xbox1 Universal Hub. (Note: not the hub that is now on sale)

Thomas has stated that other options are being developed but hasn't given a ETA yet. Hope this helps. Anything else just ask. That's why we're here. Also, the product page for each product lists what consoles/PC its compatible with. FYI
    Thank you baby jesus, you literally have answered my question the best way anybody possible could hahaha....ok now to get weird, Anybody try to mount this hub onto an oem manufactured steering wheel??? For example I have a Audi RS4 steering wheel that I want to use, think it's possible?

But as far as the 918 wheel is concerned, it will not work with xbox one? 

Thanks In Advance 
  • edited June 2015

pause at 2:18 Hmmmm??? i wonder if its Real??? and if it is who is making it?

Thank you baby jesus, you literally have answered my question the best way anybody possible could hahaha....ok now to get weird, Anybody try to mount this hub onto an oem manufactured steering wheel??? For example I have a Audi RS4 steering wheel that I want to use, think it's possible?

But as far as the 918 wheel is concerned, it will not work with xbox one? 

Thanks In Advance 

The 918 wheel has it's own built-in hub, and is not Xbox compatible.

If your Audi wheel is a standard 3-bolt or 6-bolt, it should work. I use a 6-bolt aftermarket rim I found on Amazon. The thing was never designed for gaming. It works great!

• That's great to hear, the Audi steering wheel is not a 3 or 6 bolt...does that matter?

I will post up a pic of it and see what you guys think that have used the hub.
  • Grimey: Looks like the interior of the new Ford GT ;P
  • Yes Khashy...that DOES matter. If you download the XOne hub manual here
    http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-eu.html

You'll know what can and can't.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited June 2015

That is the inside of the GT but I really wouldn't be surprised if T10 and Fanatec are working on a Forza6 Ford GT wheel. That car has been hyped so much that it is literally overshadowing Forza right now. You would think T10 were launching a car and not a game lol.
  • It's just a PRE real steering wheel for the Ford GT...pauze at 2.19..You'll see it.

Ford made it, that's the steering wheel from the new GT
  • Yes Khashy...that DOES matter. If you download the XOne hub manual here
    http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-eu.html

You'll know what can and can't.
    Thanks for linking me to that, it makes it more clear for the bare bone racing steering wheels that don't have a hub attached to them but my oem rs4 steering wheel has a hub (extending out from the back of the wheel), I'm going to purchase the hub and see what I can do with OEM type of steering wheels.  I appreciate all the help you guys provided and if anybody has extra info they would like to share, I will be checking this thread periodically and update it with my findings.
  • I think, because of depth size...airbagthe weight etc it's not usable.
  • That's great to hear, the Audi steering wheel is not a 3 or 6 bolt...does that matter?

I will post up a pic of it and see what you guys think that have used the hub.
    Kashy, you might be able to fashion an adapter plate to modify the bolt pattern on your Audi rim to suite the bolt pattern on the Universal Hub. I found this image. If it is similar to yours, you could get an adapter plate made at a local machine shop, or make one yourself if you have the tools and are at all handy. It would require some precise measurements, but could be done. Mount the adapter to the hub, then mount your rim to the adapter. Just locate the holes where required, and with spacers if necessary. Also, you don't have to use all six mounting bolts on the hub. 3 would do. Good luck.

• Im thinking to order a Hub for a Few Days Allready!!! Some one talk me into it... it wont be Hard... LOL