Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• The list of problems with the dumbed down console versions are just pathetic and it only has half the players in a race. Maybe for $20 the console version will be a decent buy, but for now I'm sticking with the master race.
  • I'm up for a new time-attack! Best thing would probably be to do the Spa one again first (in Forza)...to be able to compare ;) *I personally don't think money should be a factor...honour should be enough ;P

I would also be in for an online race-evening ;)
  • PCars Shows that the Line Between Console and PC is Razor Thin if there even is still a D Gap.... This List of PC Bugs is Just as Long!!!
  • edited June 2015
    When asked about Fanatecs New FW 94 and what will improve with Fanatec Wheels when the the PCars v1.4 Patch is Released this is what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    There is nothing that will 'work together' with pCARS patch v1.4, it's a general improvement so in that sense it wil 'work together' with everything. It is not depending on anything in the game, though. The only thing is that the deadzone issues are a game thing and those will be patched in v1.4, but that was not concerning the CSW v2 AFAIK, only the Porsche wheels.

Resonse to his answer
    Remco Van Dijk If this is the case then the New FW 94 Sucks because after updating the wheel is always 1/8th Off center No Matter How Many times or How Perfectly you center the wheel it always goes back to 1/8th off to Left!!! I went back to Fw 65.... Wheel is straight, Level and Less Twitchy... I was Hoping that this was Due to the Fact that the PCars v1.4 patch was not out yet... But if the New Fw 94 is Not Specific to the Patch then i will Stay with FW 65.

Now the Question is will the ABS/Brake Pedal Rumble thats supposed to be fixed with the patch work with FW65???

From the PCars Fanatec Support thread.

• This is my setup.

imageimageimage

• Man still sucks that there's no gear indicator for Xbox one it could come in handy when racing.
  • Hi Stephen, nice to see your setup. How stable really is that, as I would need something similar that can be used from sofa then folded away.

Would appreciate foldable stand recoomendations that can cope with CSR v2 base etc.

Cheers
  • Very stable (was messing with FFB from 50 to 100) . I've always used wheelstandpro and never had any issues. Played for 3hrs last night. checked all the bolts and none needed tightening. would definitely recommend this stand

Also found out why people use gloves.. :)) My hand are filthy after each go on it.
  • From my sofa,

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    PCars Shows that the Line Between Console and PC is Razor Thin if there even is still a D Gap.... This List of PC Bugs is Just as Long!!!
    hahahahahahahaha, maybe you should race 32 players on PC and see that everything works properly first, hahahaha razor thin my ass. Master Race ftw!

Won't be long now
    2015/06/0908:20VANCOUVER, BCItem out for delivery
  • edited June 2015
    Jason Shaffer: Said hahahahahahahaha, maybe you should race 32 players on PC and see that everything works properly first, hahahaha razor thin my ass. Master Race ftw!

Won't be long now
    2015/06/0908:20VANCOUVER, BCItem out for delivery

Nope 32 Players on PC can Suck Too!!! There are Plenty Suck Racers on PC also...and Further More alot of People Have Suck internet so 32 Players will Create too Much Chance of LAG!!!!

So as I Stated Physics & FFB Feel its a Razor Thin Line Between PC and Console if yhere is still a Gap... Even Graphics wise the Consoles are on Par with Most PC's.
    Yup yhats what i said and i Stand by it... to each their own.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    Right then..
    So let's pick a car ;)

Fanatec Community Event 2.0
    Currently there's €10 (or winners currency) worth of PSN codes up for the winner ;)

Rules:
    Must be on same platform (currently there is a bug (physics tick) causing time difference between platforms)
    Must be a registered fanatec.com user
    Must use default car setups NO TUNING (for the purpose of these events)
    Wheels only!

Any more rules?

My vote is for a GT series vehicle (they are at least super mean/fun and aggressive and enjoyable)
    Track will be picked from the TimeTrial sessions meaning we are all the same time/weather etc.

I am also going to run the BMW at SPA and compare my times in my down time as I never got round to that ;)

What you all think?

@Grimey...
    I agree with what you stated about now you stop tweaking the bugs are more prominent. I noticed that as soon as my testing reduced, I have not played the game on either platform because of the same issues. When hot lapping or messing with settings, it's pretty stable, but once you try to really get your teeth into it, both online and career have enough issues to pull you away.

But this could give us all a few hours of fun ;)

Remember my pedals are currently en route to the wizard (Johannes) to work his magic on so let's get this setup and organised for next week. Ideas, rules, car, track etc get them posted :)
  • Well, it arrived and for the first time ever I didn't get taxed at the door on a Fanatec product!
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry to say this...again...but I really don't understand why you guys place the button boxes you use, and are almost useless for now, in reach of your thumbs.
    If you hold your hands at 13.50h (1.50h) or 14.45h (2.45h) it's so much easier to hit the lights, wipers, look back with your thumbs....you can only use the LB and RB buttons with your thumbs if you map them like, for example, Stephen does...but that's jmho.
  • Natalie Spa on PS4 or XB1??? i dont Have the Box PCars yet.
  • See the difference...And the XHome button is also a directional pad...so it's not in the way of the top dir pad !
    edited June 2015
    @Antoine How have you got yours setup, get a pic posted ;)

(pic posted as I wrote this) yea that makes a lot of sense at the moment. I agree.

With the GT rim I have my hands at 21:00 and 15:00 (9 and 3) so I find it relatively easy to hit the buttons on the bottom, but you are correct that those buttons on top row are currently the least useful (at the moment) due to lack of programable buttons.

I really like the style/positioning that the F1 style rim (for XBOHUB) has displayed on its page for the lower buttons (rotated 90degrees) looks nifty ;)
  • The new Bentley on Silverstone XOne!!!
    edited June 2015
    The new Bentley on Silverstone XOne!!!

We can't do cross platform (due to the physics tick bug causing timing issues) so we need to get everyone on agreed on platform (or we could run 2 separate sessions) ;)

That Bentley is a nightmare ... Love the low end rumble from that thing though! Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Who's for XBO?
    Who's for PS4?

I can do both ;)

Edit:
    Thinking about it...
    The XBO version does seem to be the most appropriate & relevant ... Considering, device, thread title n'all :)

You might need to buy it early Grimey ;)

So:
    Bentley - 1 vote
    Silverstone - 1 Vote
    BMW Z4 - 1 Vote
    Watkins Glen - 1 Vote
  • edited June 2015
    Ive also Noticed that The FFB with FW 94 is Stronger than FW 65... I dont Mean Stronger as in i Feel More FFB Effects i say Stronger because with FW 94 i cut game FFB to 65 and it Feels Nice... with FW 65 i have to Set game FFB at 75 to get same level of FFB Strenth... Thats No Big Deal though... The Deal Breaker with FW 94 is the wheel Loosing Center and the Random FFB Spikes and the Wheel just Randomly Turning Full Left or Right... asli FW 94 Feels Twitchy but that just may be because of the wheel Center being off or the Random FFB Spikes... I Dunno but in back to 65 feels Great!!!

This Reminds Me of My CSR E i Still use FW 737b to this Day... Feels better than all the Newer FW 757 etc.... I guess its just a Matter of Prefference.
  • That's why I raised XOne race... Because first batch is about to be delivered to all and I bet they all can't wait to finally use the hub on XOne...btw...using the hub on ps4 with fw 094 is just the same nightmare haha
  • See the difference...And the XHome button is also a directional pad...so it's not in the way of the top dir pad !
    Don't like that layout jmo. Each to there own
  • Offcource each their own and I respect that..but once you come across the same button mapping problem I have...I think you'll decide otherwise.
    Thomas...please have your top team redesign new fw for the XOne hub...cause it takes a lot of fun outta PCars and FM5
  • Sorry to say this...again...but I really don't understand why you guys place the button boxes you use, and are almost useless for now, in reach of your thumbs.
    If you hold your hands at 13.50h (1.50h) or 14.45h (2.45h) it's so much easier to hit the lights, wipers, look back with your thumbs....you can only use the LB and RB buttons with your thumbs if you map them like, for example, Stephen does...but that's jmho.
    I can map mine wherever I want for pCars
  • The PS4 Pcars and The Pirsche Rim i Can Map the Button what ever way i want...I Even Mapped the Clutcj to Request Pit Stop and it Took it No Prob... Even the 2 Sticks i Have Mapped even Rotary Switch i Mapped to Move Forward or Back ward just to See if it works and it Does!!!
  • Try it on your XOne hub and XOne now that you've got it finally...maybe some sense come out of your fingers ...
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    My wheel rim and hub

Note the tach in last pic is in Xbox mode!
  • edited June 2015
    The Hub thing is Looking Less and Less apealing to Me... Im Really Trying to Hold out for a Stand alone Rim...

Hhhhhmmm... There is a New Player well a old Player Re-joining the Wheel Market!!! The Big *L* Company has Thrown their Hat back in the Ring with a G29!!! Supporting PC, PS3 & 4!!! This Should Make for some Very interesting Bargans and Deals to Come!!! also i think it will pick up the Pace for alot of things because the Early Bird will get the $$$...Competition always Keeps every 1 on their A+ game....Snoooz and Loose.
  • Try it on your XOne hub and XOne now that you've got it finally...maybe some sense come out of your fingers ...
    I don't have a woman's set of hands and as for having sense, I bought the PC version remember? Oh the irony of that comment....
  • Jason Shaffer Go Back to your Supposedly Master Race... Console Doesnt want you... Besides your too Good to Play with only 16 Low Life Console users.... 32 player PC action Yeeeeah thats where you belong in the Big Leagues Not down here with Low end Console People. LMAO... Console the New Master Race!!! Yup if it were Not Jason Shaffer would Not be in on it. jmo CTHU =D>