Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• FW 65... 5 Straight Hrs of Game Play and Not 1 Disconnect or Loss of FFB!!!
  • Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

• edited June 2015
    LOL... ok Will Do Trevor Geddis... I was Having Fun Stickin it To Him. Just a Lil pay back for all the Trollin He Does!
  • stop deleting the CSPV3 picture fanatec and annonce the damn thing. 

• When are the v3 pedals Rumored/Supposed to be available? I may want a set.
    I have my V2 pre-ordered for an Aug 31 delivery, so hopefully this will be the V3 being shipped.
    same with me! fingers crossed. 
  • Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

I completely agree. But I also think someone should step in from Fanatec and see that he is the sole issue and put a end to his participation.
  • Is it normal that my estimated delivery date is for 31/08/2015 (I ordered it in april)? I have sent a message to Fanatec and they told me that it is the right information... Someone in the same case?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015

Anyone having problem connecting in PC mode? Fanatec driver properties recognise it as a "xbox one controller" and looks nothing like the wheel calibration page. Help required please before return for refund.

No inputs on PC at all.

It's possible that (potentially) there a slight configuration/compatibility issue "may" exist on the HUB OR on a particular version of windows and/or selected hardware revisions (usb3/win 8.1) + users personal preference settings.

I was able to to replicate a very similar issue on all my windows 8.1 machines, but not on windows 7 or 10 (well intermittent in 10)

To resolve my issue, I had to do the following:
    Switch the base on (it boots in XBO mode)
    While connected to the PC my PC does not recognise the XBO mode (obviously)
    Switch to PC mode (view + y) (PC still doesn't recognise the device?...

Fix:
    Disconnect the USB (physically) from the PC and then reconnect the USB (be sure to close the fanatec driver before doing this and DO NOT power cycle the wheel again as it will restart it XBO mode and cycle continues)
    The device will now be correctly recognised.

I'm still investigating why this happens on certain setups, and have sent the team the full logs of what's happening in the background, however in my case, it appears that on my particular set up, when the device boots in XBO mode (and is detected as such) and Is manually switch to PC mode, the "PC" doesn't let go the previous UID until the device is physically disconnected and then reconnected.

But bizarrely this only seems to happen to me on 8.1 and USB 3.0 (with my personal setup) and not on my USB 2.0 windows 7 setup.

So (for me) I think it's related to a funky way my USB 3.0 and Win 8.1 machines are set up...

But try switching to PC mode.
    Then disconnecting and reconnecting the USB of the device (while its powered on in PC mode) to see if that helps ;)
    Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

I completely agree. But I also think someone should step in from Fanatec and see that he is the sole issue and put a end to his participation.

I think that account is a fanatec employee trollin us! ;)
    IQ of 160 = Same as Einstein... Come on... It's gotta be Thomas trollin us in his time off ;)

@Grimey
    Your setup is insane! Look at the money invested in right there! If that's a "welfare" setup as "someone" said, I seriously need to upgrade mine as I've got nothing in comparison lol ;)

There is thousands of $$ worth of equipment there Grimey! Super comfy, everything within reach, back ups, more range of equipment than your local store :D love it!

I'll get a post of my setup up for you all to see... It won't have any pedals though as they got picked up yesterday and are en route to the wizard! :)
    edited June 2015
    Is it normal that my estimated delivery date is for 31/08/2015 (I ordered it in april)? I have sent a message to Fanatec and they told me that it is the right information... Someone in the same case?

Sounds about right ;)
    edited June 2015
    Here's my pedal-less setup :(( (Johannes has them and is casting spells as we speak) ;)

Excuse the potato phone quality!
    I do have a good camera, however this is just much easier/faster to post.

You can't see them clearly here, but there are 2 (absolutely insane) subs under those side tables (one each side) and more speakers to the side/behind etc... (11.2)

It's not the best, but I love it :D
  • So ordering one week after the announce of the product means that we have to wait 3 months after the first shipping? Sorry but I do not think that the orders are treated according to when they have been placed... In addition to that I have the WheelBase V2 since this winter. Maybe I ordered too soon and had to wait for the whole pack and so have priority over first buyers...
    edited June 2015
    So ordering one week after the announce of the product means that we have to wait 3 months after the first shipping? Sorry but I do not think that the orders are treated according to when they have been placed... In addition to that I have the WheelBase V2 since this winter. Maybe I ordered too soon and had to wait for the whole pack and so have priority over first buyers...

Yea, it sold out in a few hours of release, then the new date was added for the next run.

The first batch (those who ordered within the first few hours) have began shipping, the next phase will be shipped accordingly 31/08

The next batch (31/08) will likely have a much larger quantity for a number of reasons. Not long to go though ;) It's a shame you missed the first run, and its definitely shipped based in when you placed your order ;)

• That's wrong because the estimated delivery date when I ordered (and after I have placed my ordered) was for june. I did not make a screenshot so cannot prove it (and you know it, that's why you feel free to give those "explanations") but this date has changed to august only one month ago.
    edited June 2015
    That's wrong because the estimated delivery date when I ordered (and after I have placed my ordered) was for june. I did not make a screenshot so cannot prove it (and you know it, that's why you feel free to give those "explanations") but this date has changed to august only one month ago.

I'm not disagreeing with you :) perhaps this was just an error?

All I know is the following:
    On April 2 2015 the website was updated to display the GT rim bundle estimated delivery date of 31-08-2015

If you ordered after this time, you can see in the history (the history is still there for you to check) that from at least that date, it was always estimated (on the site) to 31-08-2015 AFTER the initial batch sold out.

As far as I know, the only other date was 28-05-2015 and this was the estimated delivery if the first batch (which sold out in hours) but this was subsequently delayed by a few extra days.

Other than that, I'm not sure, but it sounds sbout right to me, perhaps it was a clerical error or similar, I'm not saying it didn't happen ;)
  • My guess is that the CSP V3 took more time to produce than they expected...cause the 28/05 shipping also shifted...so less time to produce the new batch of hubs...so they shifted that too...
  • I did some laps last night in Forza 5 and am really enjoying it! I'm trying to tweak settings on the hub to get the drift-feeling back which I really enjoyed in Forza 4....and sofar it's looking promising! Did all of you already try your hub in Forza 5? If so...which controller setting did you use? (For me the 'normal' setting felt far more sim than the 'simulation' setting)

Can't wait for the handbrake to function with the Hub....I got a confirmation from Fanatec that it's currently not supported using it on the Xbox One....They are investigating a solution tho (no time/date tho)

For all that play Project Cars on the Xbox One with the hub...are you able to recover from the rear-end of the car stepping out?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is it normal that my estimated delivery date is for 31/08/2015 (I ordered it in april)? I have sent a message to Fanatec and they told me that it is the right information... Someone in the same case?
    Yes Damien. I guess there was limited supply at the announcement and they sold out that day. There was an issues on the suppliers end therefore dates have been pushed to Aug 31st for Hub and Pedals.
    edited June 2015
    Here's my pedal-less setup :(( (Johannes has them and is casting spells as we speak) ;)

You can't see them clearly here, but there are 2 (absolutely insane) subs under those side tables (one each side) and more speakers to the side/behind etc... (11.2)

Hey Nat, How is that seat quality? Comfortable? 

p.s What are you using your iPad for? Are you not on Xbox1?
    edited June 2015

Hey :)
    Seat is very comfy...
    But it does need a back support pillow thingy if you are small :)
    I grabbed one from Amazon, but I only need that because the seat is so big and comfy (very deep) that I fell into it like a cocoon and could barely reach out of it. Not everyone will need one though (size dependant)

It's a fantastic seat, living room friendly, incredibly light, super comfy, priced perfectly and easily movable. I just slide it in and out with 1 hand as and when I need it with everything attached :D

I use my iPAD for lots of things, replying to messages (using the XBOX/PSN apps).
    I can control spotify (on PS4) via the spotify app, which allows full control of PS4 back ground music (like a car stereo) it's literally the best implementation of an app I've seen in years (on console) absolutely incredible when hot lapping and blasting (and having full control of volume/choice of any music at any time etc) "in game background music" from the amp!

Sometimes I display the track map (just an official photo of the layout I'm running and remove the onscreen map (this helps me memorise tracks faster) I'll also write pace notes over the image such as gears (4th) at selected turns to remind me of the best gear for certain problematic turns.
    For quick logging of bugs/issues
    Chatting/phone calls/watching twitch streams
    Controlling my TV/AVR/Media Center/ acts as an XBOX controller (via app) PS Controller (via app)
    Plus I do run a PC from here too so it's good for loads on the PC ;)

I also use it for watching TV series, movies while hot lapping etc :)
    Loads of stuff :)
    Without it I'd need 2 game controllers, 3 remotes and could t really multitask to the same degree :)

Hey :)
    Seat is very comfy...
    But it does need a back support pillow thingy if you are small :)
    I grabbed one from Amazon, but I only need that because the seat is so big and comfy (very deep) that I fell into it like a cocoon and could barely reach out of it. Not everyone will need one though (size dependant)

It's a fantastic seat, living room friendly, incredibly light, super comfy, priced perfectly and easily movable. I just slide it in and out with 1 hand as and when I need it with everything attached :D

I use my iPAD for lots of things, replying to messages (using the XBOX/PSN apps).
    I can control spotify (on PS4) via the spotify app, which allows full control of PS4 back ground music (like a car stereo) it's literally the best implementation of an app I've seen in years (on console) absolutely incredible when hot lapping and blasting (and having full control of volume/choice of any music at any time etc) "in game background music" from the amp!

Sometimes I display the track map (just an official photo of the layout I'm running and remove the onscreen map (this helps me memorise tracks faster) I'll also write pace notes over the image such as gears (4th) at selected turns to remind me of the best gear for certain problematic turns.
    For quick logging of bugs/issues
    Chatting/phone calls/watching twitch streams
    Controlling my TV/AVR/Media Center/ acts as an XBOX controller (via app) PS Controller (via app)
    Plus I do run a PC from here too so it's good for loads on the PC ;)

I also use it for watching TV series, movies while hot lapping etc :)
    Loads of stuff :)
    Without it I'd need 2 game controllers, 3 remotes and could t really multitask to the same degree :)

Would love to have seen a pic of that LOL. 
    I fell into it like a cocoon and could barely reach out of it.

Love the iPad ideas. I usually have my iPhone for messages,etc but maybe i'll need to add the iPad to my setup. Thanks for the info.
    edited June 2015
    :))

Feet that couldn't reach the pedals and arms that couldn't reach the wheel!
    I looked like an overgrown baby in a baby seat, getting out was glamorous, like a tortoise trying to turn its self over :((
    :P
  • edited June 2015
    The CSW v2 PS4 thread is Sooo Lonly ~X( Where are all the PS4 PCars Players at???
    Uuuugh I wanna Blab about PS4 and PCars :-@ i May Have to Buy a Hub & PCars for the XB1 just to get in on the Convo @-) LOL

edited June 2015
    The hub is an interesting device Grimey, I think you'd like it...
    I wasn't really sold on it at all (on launch day). I didn't think it was really marketed at me. In fact, I didn't really like it and didn't think I'd ever invest in one :-O

Well... I was wrong!
    I LOVE IT!

I have subsequently added 2 to my basket and bought and paid for more pedals!

It's absolutely worth getting one for the price, simply because switching between platforms is now a non issue, the rims (+ external) are really cool (Fanatec GT rim is great) and it's really configurable with more yet to come. You can have arcade fun in horizon, rally driving on storm island, track racing on FM5, flick back to PCars on PS4 and F1 2015... Then dive into FM6 in September and GT7 in 2016 all in the same rim!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Porsche rim etc, but this is just as good and maybe even better in some ways. For me it was a real unexpected surprise just how much I like it!
    Does it have some flaws, of course (it's brand new) but they are mostly related to the games or minor firmware fixes.

I'll be over on PS4 very soon though, as soon as the 1.4 patch arrives (which should be very soon and before XBO) and my pedals are fixed. The PS4 version of PCars is superior to the XBO version in many ways, but for now the XBO version is the better of the 2 (for me) ;)

Either way, I'll still be using the hub ;)
    Do it... Do it... Do it... =D>

Nothing like a bit of peer pressure to tip you over the edge :p
  • I'm completely in opposite of your thinking Natalie...NOT worth the money yet. Like me, Grimey is SO used to using the Porsche rim...superior button mapping compared to XONE.
    No need of using dodgy fw 094. The FFB feel in XOnes PCars. Still not sure this is resolved in patch 1.4. Ps4 graphics are way better...and if he wants to play fm5 and fm6...he just hooks up his TX...heard some say they regret selling the TX cause it has better FFB feel then the XOne hub at the moment...so Grimey...mo...hold out till better rims/times!
  • How does this connect to PS3. I can not get this to work
  • LOL... ok Will Do Trevor Geddis... I was Having Fun Stickin it To Him. Just a Lil pay back for all the Trollin He Does!
    You couldn't even stick your crayons back in the box. Guess your corn rows are too tight today.
  • The 160 working brain cell child has spoken.....
  • hallo zusammen

Meine Bestellung wird am 17.6. bereit sein...ich kann es kaum erwarten...

Gruss micci