Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

I completely agree. But I also think someone should step in from Fanatec and see that he is the sole issue and put a end to his participation.
    Still telling people that Thomas is broke and Fanatec are millions of dollars in debt , Chris? I'm sure Thomas appreciates it after hiring you for a brief stint. If you read something other than your bible full of fairy tales you'd see what started this, but I know grimey's pre-school writing style is hard to follow.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    I'm completely in opposite of your thinking Natalie...NOT worth the money yet. Like me, Grimey is SO used to using the Porsche rim...superior button mapping compared to XONE.
    No need of using dodgy fw 094. The FFB feel in XOnes PCars. Still not sure this is resolved in patch 1.4. Ps4 graphics are way better...and if he wants to play fm5 and fm6...he just hooks up his TX...heard some say they regret selling the TX cause it has better FFB feel then the XOne hub at the moment...so Grimey...mo...hold out till better rims/times!

I agree with pretty much all of that :)
    There are some firmware inconsistencies but they will be fixed in no time ;)
    FFB on PCars is better on PS4 than XBO.
    PS4 PCars GFX are better.
    PS4 PCars Audio is better
    PS4 PCars supports NEUTRAL (via H pattern) where as XBOX doesn't.

But for me... Even using my HUB on the PS4 feels... well... Awesome (in hand) when it's al, working.

The Porsche rim is amazing though, I love it and it's an absolute masterpiece! it's my show rim :D but this little hub feels rough, edgy and makes me feel really aggressive. I don't mind giving it some stick.

I love being able to sit in that chair, load 3 consoles and a PC and jump from PS4 (PCars) to Forza to GT etc just by switching the USB on the back of my base ;) it's great for comparisons etc too.

1 USB change in the back on the base (not even needing to get out my seat) and 1 button press on my iPad (to change the AVR) and I'm Jumping between PS4 PCars/PS3 GT6 and Forza Motorsport / Horizon XBO without getting up :) so I think that's why I like it :D

It's hard to explain really...

I love my Porsche rim, like I love my Vuitton bags, but I love the hub like a tatty old rucksack :) I love them both, just in different ways :D

• So the FFB in FM 5 was WAY, WAY better on the V2 than the TX. I ran a few hours with not one problem. I turned the FFB down to 70 in game and 100 on the V2 and it's still really strong.

I was able to just plug my whole cockpit into the Xbox One USB port and none of my other devices like my PCB board for car guages or button box caused any conflicts. I was able to switch between PC and XO without even having to restart the wheel.

I did all my racing on my 106" screen, but I will try and give my Oculus Rift DK2 a go with pCars later today, but it's going to take serious horsepower as you need the power of running three 1080p screens at 75fps to enable low persistence, easy in iRacing, but........pCars.... not so much

I'll also purchase FH2 digital copy later today and take it for a spin, if the FFB is indeed better than FM5, then wow!
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm completely in opposite of your thinking Natalie...NOT worth the money yet. Like me, Grimey is SO used to using the Porsche rim...superior button mapping compared to XONE.
    No need of using dodgy fw 094. The FFB feel in XOnes PCars. Still not sure this is resolved in patch 1.4. Ps4 graphics are way better...and if he wants to play fm5 and fm6...he just hooks up his TX...heard some say they regret selling the TX cause it has better FFB feel then the XOne hub at the moment...so Grimey...mo...hold out till better rims/times!

I agree with pretty much all of that :)
    There are some firmware inconsistencies but they will be fixed in no time ;)
    FFB on PCars is better on PS4 than XBO.
    PS4 PCars GFX are better.
    PS4 PCars Audio is better
    PS4 PCars supports NEUTRAL (via H pattern) where as XBOX doesn't.

But for me... Even using my HUB on the PS4 feels... well... Awesome (in hand) when it's al, working.

The Porsche rim is amazing though, I love it and it's an absolute masterpiece! it's my show rim :D but this little hub feels rough, edgy and makes me feel really aggressive. I don't mind giving it some stick.

I love being able to sit in that chair, load 3 consoles and a PC and jump from PS4 (PCars) to Forza to GT etc just by switching the USB on the back of my base ;) it's great for comparisons etc too.

1 USB change in the back on the base (not even needing to get out my seat) and 1 button press on my iPad (to change the AVR) and I'm Jumping between PS4 PCars/PS3 GT6 and Forza Motorsport / Horizon XBO without getting up :) so I think that's why I like it :D

It's hard to explain really...

I love my Porsche rim, like I love my Vuitton bags, but I love the hub like a tatty old rucksack :) I love them both, just in different ways :D

PC FFB is better than ps4
    PC graphics are better than ps4
    PC audio is better than ps4
    PC load times are better than ps4
    PC device support is better than ps4
    PC driving titles list is better than ps4

Oh and XO graphics are better than ps4 too, unless you like that low colour saturation washed out look.
    XO driving titles list is better than ps4
    XO online is better than ps4
    XO drivers are better than ps4 and just wait until the XO DX12 update. Some titles showed an improvement of 100fps going from DX11 to DX12. Meanwhile, sony engineers are still trying to figure out how to prevent getting hacked.
  • Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

Btw Natalie nice setup you got! Like the 'tidy' approach a lot!

Jason, do you also use the 'normal'-setting for the controller in FM5?
  • Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

Yup, I'm on normal. I have never changed it in FM5 since the simulation mode didn't feel anything close to simulation on FM4 with my CSRE. How is simulation mode on FM5, have you tried it?
  • Wise decision ;) I tried the 'simulation' setting in FM5....and was unable to properly catch the rear of the car breaking out....have the same issue with Project Cars (except that the rest of the Force Feedback in Project Cars is rubbish atm as well....really hope the 1.4 patch solves everything...would really be awesome to have the same FF feeling you get in FM5 in 'normal' mode)
  • Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

I completely agree. But I also think someone should step in from Fanatec and see that he is the sole issue and put a end to his participation.
    Still telling people that Thomas is broke and Fanatec are millions of dollars in debt , Chris? I'm sure Thomas appreciates it after hiring you for a brief stint. If you read something other than your bible full of fairy tales you'd see what started this, but I know grimey's pre-school writing style is hard to follow.

I get better conversations with my infant niece. Such a well liked fellow you are Jason.
  • Will everyone please just ignore Shaffer? He is a troll, bringing down this Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE DISCUSSION THREAD to his PC comparing BS once again. Do any of you really care what he has to say? He is needling all of you, and with good affect. I've been trying to follow the very important comments, questions, suggestions and discussion by most of you. But the last two pages Shaffer has once again hijacked the discussion. PLEASE IGNORE HIM. DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS BS!  SHUT HIM OUT AND HE WILL GO AWAY. Do not lower yourselves to his level.

I get better conversations with my infant niece. Such a well liked fellow you are Jason.
    Then you should be talking to her, eh Chris? You never answer questions here, you only ask them. Kind of a forum leech.

Ok I accepted the challenge and I have to say THE HUB MADE ME FASTER! right out of the box!

I just stayed in the BMW so I could beat Natalie and pound grimey's time!
    Pulled out on the track on my 106" screen

Did a few laps

Not bad for first few laps on SPA with the new hub 2:18.425

Always fun crushing that mouthy braggart Grimey

Grimey, you may want to get a real monitor if you see the lights as pink

And for Natalie, I was sipping coffee and smoking a bowl while I crushed your time ;)
  • Yawn... its getting Quiet... Some on say something interesting.

Then you should be talking to her, eh Chris? You never answer questions here, you only ask them. Kind of a forum leech.
    So much crap comes outta this guys mouth his butt has to be jealous. As the forum has asked that we leave him to himself I'll bow out. I'm sure he'll continue so enjoy his remarks.
  • The 160 working brain cell child has spoken.....

Hey genius boy, what happened to your "I'll sell my XO and hub and buy a ps4 and never look back, just look forward with project Morpheus" comment?

Do you have any clue how low persistence works in VR? You really think the GPU in the ps4 is going to be powerful enough to run pCars in low-persistence mode? You must be clueless , the minimum spec PC for upcoming Oculus Rift is a GTX970 . I can just barely run iRacing in low persistence mode on my DK2 and that's in just 1080p @ 75fps on a GPU more powerful than ps4.

MS must bust a gut laughing at your dumb comments

So much crap comes outta this guys mouth his butt has to be jealous. As the forum has asked that we leave him to himself I'll bow out. I'm sure he'll continue so enjoy his remarks.
    Keep contributing nothing , Chris. And if you want no end of crap just open up that favourite book of yours. Like you bowed out when you got attacked on the Fanatec FB page, eh Chris? Oh keep spreading those false rumours about Thomas and Fanatec being broke to anyone that will listen. Pretending like you're some important insider.
  • edited June 2015
    Hey I Got It!!! If a Certain Person Keeps Trolling and Talking Crap Lets just all Hit that Little Flag Button on Every Comment they Make and they will get Banned!!! \:D/

If we All Do it Every time they talk Smack it will Work!!! They will get Banned!

All in Favor Hit the Like Button!!!
  • I wouldn't expect chris or grimey or antonne to try and beat the time , so carry on
  • Jason Shaffer i Dont Play Forza like you Dont play GT6 or IRacing... Not Hooking My TX up any more it makes a Good Paper weight... Nope after using the V2 i cant go back... we can Race on PS4 PCars i dont have a Hubb for XB1 and i Dont have it on PC either.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    blank
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    looking like next week for my hub/gt rim. Can someone please measure the distance from the face plate of their base to the front of the hub/GT rim. I am making a base for the new CSWV2 for quick swap with my CSR Elite base. Want to make sure the rim is the same distance for my seat position. Inches or CM is OK. Thanks.

• Completely off topic but I wanted to put a warning out to all fellow gamers. I made a purchase of a Formula rim from Gamer1st on ebay. The item wasn't as described. He emailed and apologized and said he would refund my money. I thanked him for his honesty. It's been a week now. Several emails from me that have gone unanswered and now he's blocked me from bidding on his other items. STAY AWAY from this seller for your own good. I knew I should only have bought new from Fanatec or trusted forum members. Back to topic now.
  • Grimey I'm on ps4 and my Wheelbase will be here Friday. I have the BMW GT rim as the porsche one was sold out and the H pattern Shifer and a new wheelstand. I would like to race you on ps4 if you are interested as well as natallie
    Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

I'll give that a shot when my pedals come back ;)
    R900 is that default, or have you tuned and added parts etc? If do did add parts, did you do it manually or "auto" (this is why I prefer running default setups keeps it simple and a level playing field) ;)
    Grimey I'm on ps4 and my Wheelbase will be here Friday. I have the BMW GT rim as the porsche one was sold out and the H pattern Shifer and a new wheelstand. I would like to race you on ps4 if you are interested as well as natallie

I'm up for that :) I'm always posting times, trying to arrange community events etc so count me in. I think our biggest issue is time, as it's evident that were on opposite sides of the globe which causes some issues getting together :( that's why I usually hotlap and just join public rooms when I want to go on line, but I'm sure we can schedule something in for a live event :)
  • edited June 2015
    Hi guys, since the XO hub does not provide wireless functionality, I bought this cable for security reasons (if someone steps on the cable) and it works really good, but could be a little short for some of you (but there are extensions available).

Best regards
    Alexander
    PS. is the patch for Project Cars released today? Any news? My wheel often turns "really fast" to the left and stays there, I have to take the wheel from power and start it again. Also I find the force feedback not as good as with Forza5, but I think this is also an issue which will be solved with fix 1.4

magneticUSB Typ B

• Grimey I'm on ps4 and my Wheelbase will be here Friday. I have the BMW GT rim as the porsche one was sold out and the H pattern Shifer and a new wheelstand. I would like to race you on ps4 if you are interested as well as natallie
    Send Me.a Friend Invite... PSN Grimey_Dog
    Xbox GrimeyDog

• Logitech seems to be back in the wheel business...their first FFB Wheel for XOne, the G920, will lauch in October and is targeted at 399€ - a optional H Shfter will be an extra of 59€ 

From the technical perspective, this wheel is no competition to the v2+XOne rim but it is great to see Logitech coming back to the "wheel game"....

btw...pCars with my v2/One Hub is awesome xD
  • Logitech seems to be back in the wheel business...their first FFB Wheel for XOne, the G920, will lauch in October and is targeted at 399€ - a optional H Shfter will be an extra of 59€ 

From the technical perspective, this wheel is no competition to the v2+XOne rim but it is great to see Logitech coming back to the "wheel game"....

Probly No comp as far as FFB... but Price wise they are gonna Eat up a good portion of sales... They have always had a loyal fan base... and from what i read their products are pretty good.. Competition is Good!!! It keeps every 1 on their toes.

Probly No comp as far as FFB... but Price wise they are gonna Eat up a good portion of sales... They have always had a loyal fan base... and from what i read their products are pretty good.. Competition is Good!!! It keeps every 1 on their toes.

To me this is a disappointment because I agree competition is good. It makes everyone elevate their game. But this wheel is a step back from the G27 IMO not an improvement.

R900 is that default, or have you tuned and added parts etc? If do did add parts, did you do it manually or "auto" (this is why I prefer running default setups keeps it simple and a level playing field) ;)

Cool, the R900 is either default or auto upgrade, with default setup....I did use a custom livery tho ;P

Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

Cool, the R900 is either default or auto upgrade, with default setup....I did use a custom livery tho ;P

I'll get on that as soon as my pedals are fixed ;) Any Assists?

Did anyone else notice that "someone" has enabled "Traction Control" AND "Stability Control" (and some other assists) on their spa run just to even get CLOSE to my time ;)

I run with everything off (except semi auto clutch when required as its forced/required for cars with flappy paddle shifters :)
  • edited June 2015
    Really??? Whahahahahahaha. Big mouth fails dramatically! Couldn't spend time to even Doppler at pics...I'm done with that person.
    Me too...no assists except auto clutch until SQ shifter arrives on 5th of August. AND ALSO my time with controller was set with SIM settings, so even harder to drive!!!