Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015
    OK, I did "briefly" check to see if the pedals functioned.... they did  HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! { don't want to confuse anyone} they did not function properly!!!!!!!   I repeat ,,,, the V3 pedals, connected to the CSR Forza wheel,  on the Xbox 360, with Forza 4......did "not" immediately function properly..... although the throttle pedal did , when applied , increased the engine RPM the car went nowhere.... LET ME BE CLEAR...... my CSRForza edition wheel has not been used in  2-1/2 years so the drivers and firmware most likely do not support the V3's since the wheel has never been updated.... all that said , I am "NOT" a Fanatec support agent and technical questions need to be directed to Fanatec  via the homepage tools available.... I can say that the V3 manual < downloadable on the product page of the Fanatec web site]  states that the V3 pedals firmware MUST be updated before first use .... this procedure is really pretty easy using the new Fanatec driver.
  • OK, I did "briefly" check to see if the pedals functioned.... they did  HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! { don't want to confuse anyone} they did not function properly!!!!!!!   I repeat ,,,, the V3 pedals, connected to the CSR Forza wheel,  on the Xbox 360, with Forza 4......did "not" immediately function properly..... although the throttle pedal did , when applied , increased the engine RPM the car went nowhere.... LET ME BE CLEAR...... my CSRForza edition wheel has not been used in  2-1/2 years so the drivers and firmware most likely do not support the V3's since the wheel has never been updated.... all that said , I am "NOT" a Fanatec support agent and technical questions need to be directed to Fanatec  via the homepage tools available.... I can say that the V3 manual < downloadable on the product page of the Fanatec web site]  states that the V3 pedals firmware MUST be updated before first use .... this procedure is really pretty easy using the new Fanatec driver.
    !!! What !!!
    edited August 2015

Alberto, I am not your "dear"   .... and you are right ... the people on this blog are for the most part customers of Fanatec trying to help people with problems they are encountering with the Fanatec  products... I have two of these adapters, so they must have also been packaged with the CS V2's as well.... all of these products are discontinued and whether or not Fanatec can supply the adapter I can not answer , however maybe one of the other Fanatec customers on the blog can tell you where to get one. 

• Alberto, not sure "what"  you didn't understand....

• edited August 2015
    Back on topic
    It Works i played projet cars on ps4, i connect the csr via rj11/PS2 cable from my csr elites.
    Unfortunately no rumble on brake and throttle, it seems it only works with the csw base.
    Maybe a firmware update could solve this.
  • Got the pedals the 24th (EU version). Coming from G27 pedals with GT EYE mod. Here are my first impressions

These are a massive upgrade. I can't believe the difference in control you get with the brake. For the first time I was able to consistently brake at the same points without being insecure or locking up. After driving some rounds with the Formula Renault 3.5 Mod on Mugello (AC) I wondered why driving suddenly felt so "easy". I think it was the point that everything just clicked. It felt like I was driving an actual car!   

Personally the stock gas pedal wasn't ideal for me - I prefer the D-shaped pedals. I really like those and the flexibility you get mounting them. It's a bit of a hassle mounting them because of the rumble motors which are in the way - the instructions are incomplete as well. Took me 2 hours to get it done. 

The rumble motors: I only tested through the control pedal because none of the games I tried had support with USB (PCars, AC, rF2).  The rumble with the stock pedals is there, but there's definitely more substantial rumble with the d-pads. Looking forward for games actually supporting them.

The lubricant was applied to the brake in abundance, there's quite a lot coming out of the cylinder after use. 
  • Fanatec customer support is there for a reason. Use them. The chat feature was added to help expedite issues users may be encountering. That being said the members here do a very good job of helping each other. And it's great appreciated. If you ask a question here and don't like the response you get then I suggest you go directly to Fanatec.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited August 2015
    @ Joe and Alberto. This is a user help blog. A place where people share their experiences, ask questions, offer help. It is not a place to create a bicker-some environment. If you don't like the response given, as Chris said, contact support. Or carry on a dialogue if you don't agree with the advice offered. If you can't get it sorted to your satisfaction, move on. The last guy who created a contentious environment was banned. There are lots of forums out there that tolerate such behaviour. So, please, here, keep it civil. Don't make it personal.
    Thanks and Cheers!
  • OK Chris, Trevor and everybody else: I came to this forum because I was invited if I can remember by Grimey dog to comment my experiences with the v3 pedals but by the way the forum goes on I have had little to say  so I just come every now and then; I don't think I have more than 5 or 6 post here, and come here just to see If I can get usable information on this hobby.

This said, I have the whole Fanatec package plus a csr motorsport wheel plus pedals that I sold to a friend in order to get the money to buy the v2 wheel but when he used my v2 got jealous, I guess, and he noticed that it was easier to buy a Lamborghini with limited income than buying what I got so he get discouraged and sold me back the wheel for pennies ( now that I now this wheel was discontinued I would ask double the price to sell it  ..wonderful wheel ) and I have really been enjoying the game with no problems whatsoever - I cross fingers here- but wanted to know another " customer " experiences as well but I couldn't help myself but noticed by the lingo used by some "customers" here it  doesn't look like casual users of the game. using the product successfully for months now and don't understand 5% of what some people say here so maybe my problem is that I came to the wrong place which is sad for I want to share my experiences with other users and in this case I just wanted to help another customer FROM A USER PERSPECTIVE.

But,  being honest here, what really gives me a sour taste to say the least is people asking me over and over again to go to the Fanatec service instead of sharing with other customers; c'mon guys this is a hobby not a cult when everybody must go to the "leader" first and also I have had my share of problems with Fanatec service and told them many many times that their products are wonderful but they need a softer approach to customers problems.

Finally, I find a little "low" to threatening to ban me from the forum for I have been straight forward but respectful and you guys are right I don't have the patience nor time to engage in an argument  over this so please don't bother to answer to this post and I hope I will find a place to share my experiences with fellow sim racers   

• OK Chris, Trevor and everybody else: I came to this forum because I was invited if I can remember by Grimey dog to comment my experiences with the v3 pedals but by the way the forum goes on I have had little to say  so I just come every now and then; I don't think I have more than 5 or 6 post here, and come here just to see If I can get usable information on this hobby.

This said, I have the whole Fanatec package plus a csr motorsport wheel plus pedals that I sold to a friend in order to get the money to buy the v2 wheel but when he used my v2 got jealous, I guess, and he noticed that it was easier to buy a Lamborghini with limited income than buying what I got so he get discouraged and sold me back the wheel for pennies ( now that I now this wheel was discontinued I would ask double the price to sell it  ..wonderful wheel ) and I have really been enjoying the game with no problems whatsoever - I cross fingers here- but wanted to know another " customer " experiences as well but I couldn't help myself but noticed by the lingo used by some "customers" here it  doesn't look like casual users of the game. using the product successfully for months now and don't understand 5% of what some people say here so maybe my problem is that I came to the wrong place which is sad for I want to share my experiences with other users and in this case I just wanted to help another customer FROM A USER PERSPECTIVE.

But,  being honest here, what really gives me a sour taste to say the least is people asking me over and over again to go to the Fanatec service instead of sharing with other customers; c'mon guys this is a hobby not a cult when everybody must go to the "leader" first and also I have had my share of problems with Fanatec service and told them many many times that their products are wonderful but they need a softer approach to customers problems.

Finally, I find a little "low" to threatening to ban me from the forum for I have been straight forward but respectful and you guys are right I don't have the patience nor time to engage in an argument  over this so please don't bother to answer to this post and I hope I will find a place to share my experiences with fellow sim racers   

• Look what the G Dog cooked up... LOL I took the plastic pedals off of the angle adjuster heads and put on the regular pedal plates very nice and full adjustable.

another pic of the GrimeyDog Big foot clutch pedal mod... LOL

and i took ALL the Red Aluminum Screws out and replaced them with Stainless Steel....I just cant bear the thought that 1 of the Aluminum Screws will Strip or just Break off in the screw hole!!!

Question any 1 using the adjustable angle plates and the Brake Damper??? if so how does it fit in there???i thought there was a extra hole in the brake pedaL...but it seems it goes in the bottom hole does it the brake damper fit while using the adjustable angle plates??? looks like it will be a  really tight fit.
  • Anyone else have this problem with the brake? There's is a bunch of grease on the shaft now. This is only a few hours of use and the brake pedal feels a little notchy towards the end of the travel and when I set minimum on my PC it still jumps around a little.

Alberto,

The person insinuating that you or anyone else should be banned was speaking solely for himself, NOT Fanatec. We are very glad you are here. This is a place to share your experiences. I was simply saying that if the members can't or haven't been able to help you then it's time to go to the pros. That's all. The goal is to keep you on the track or get you back on the track as quickly as possible. No offense was meant. I simply want you racing as much as you can and enjoying your gear instead of being frustrated with it. I hope you except my apologies for upsetting you. See ya on the track or drag strip. That's were you'll find me.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Look what the G Dog cooked up... LOL I took the plastic pedals off of the angle adjuster heads and put on the regular pedal plates very nice and full adjustable.

another pic of the GrimeyDog Big foot clutch pedal mod... LOL

and i took ALL the Red Aluminum Screws out and replaced them with Stainless Steel....I just cant bear the thought that 1 of the Aluminum Screws will Strip or just Break off in the screw hole!!!

Question any 1 using the adjustable angle plates and the Brake Damper??? if so how does it fit in there???i thought there was a extra hole in the brake pedaL...but it seems it goes in the bottom hole does it the brake damper fit while using the adjustable angle plates??? looks like it will be a  really tight fit.
    I love that double clutch :D
    i had the pedal extensions and both dampers installed and it's very very tight. You actually have to invert the motor, add a new motor bracket and a few other adjustments to get it all to fit.

Even just getting in to tighten the screws is a real pain.

My pedals are being picked up and replaced so again I'm off line until the new ones arrive. One thing about my dampers, when both set to 0 one of them is very stiff, and the other is smooth, the difference is quite substantial? I expected them to be identical but the difference is substantial.

The damper is actually very good when attached to the accl pedal, it allow you to truly regulate the pedal, sitting at an exact RPM is made easier by the use of the damper, I highly recommended a damper for the acc pedal for those who like to regulate it. It also makes it less likely to spin your car out, because the added resistance causes the pedal to move to maximum at a slower pace, therefore causing less on/off moments of max rpm resulting in spin outs.

Really nice addition :)
    Anyone else have this problem with the brake? There's is a bunch of grease on the shaft now. This is only a few hours of use and the brake pedal feels a little notchy towards the end of the travel and when I set minimum on my PC it still jumps around a little.

Yea the grease was dripping out of mine almost immediately. I don't think this is any thing to worry about, and was about the only thing I didn't give a second thought to ;)

I've been looking at pics/videos of others pedals, and for sure my pedals were an anomaly. However Fanatec stepped up and are resolving my issue. I will test my new pedals this weekend and will post a new updated review of them in action.

Still a few issues left to resolve, but overall I'm happy that most have been addressed in a satisfactory manner :)

• edited August 2015
    ... One thing about my dampers, when both set to 0 one of them is very stiff, and the other is smooth, the difference is quite substantial? I expected them to be identical but the difference is substantial. 
    If you turn the stiff damper a little bit past zero, does it become as smooth as the other one? The funny thing about these dampers is that the adjustment knob doesn't have end stops, so when you turn a bit below 0 it basically gets on 8, i.e. maximum stiffness.

I installed the damper on my v3 brake yesterday at last, and I must say that I really like the change in feeling it gives.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Anyone else have this problem with the brake? There's is a bunch of grease on the shaft now. This is only a few hours of use and the brake pedal feels a little notchy towards the end of the travel and when I set minimum on my PC it still jumps around a little.

Hey Chad,

I have the same thing with the accumulating grease at the top as well as gritty feel when depressing the brake. Just got back from a trip so I was planning on seeing if spreading the grease out with a qtip would help.
    ... One thing about my dampers, when both set to 0 one of them is very stiff, and the other is smooth, the difference is quite substantial? I expected them to be identical but the difference is substantial. 
    If you turn the stiff damper a little bit past zero, does it become as smooth as the other one? The funny thing about these dampers is that the adjustment knob doesn't have end stops, so when you turn a bit below 0 it basically gets on 8, i.e. maximum stiffness.

I installed the damper on my v3 brake yesterday at last, and I must say that I really like the change in feeling it gives.

Hey you :P

Yea I tried this, and also did a blind test where they were mixed up and I had to guess the "weaker" one (just in case it was a placebo effect).

I also closed my eyes, rotated the dial until it felt softest, and it landed just passed 0 every time. However that "softest" vs the other damper is the equivalent of about 1 or 2 steps on the dial. So "0 on damper one" feels like "2 on damper two"

Its not a big deal, but coincidentally, the "tougher" one is also the one that clicks when in use. I sent a video to support, just waiting in a reply.

The damper is "tougher" to press, then snaps/jolts about .5cm them returns to being stiff again, and so forth and so on...

I've decided to switch the weaker damper onto my accl pedal, and use the juddery/clicking one on the brake to see if this is just some kind of brake in issue? Perhaps it's just "sticking" and a bit of "break in" may resolve it?

I'm at least willing to entertain that as a possibility before having to RMA this as well :-/

With that said, I agree entirely that the dampers are a great addition. For me, I notice it more in the accelerator and now could not go back to a non dampened pedal. It just gives me far more accuracy when regulating my throttle control.

Fanatic did an incredible job with the new hardware, it looks spectacular and does make a huge improvement.

Just looking forward to humiliating Grimey on the track, but he keeps coming up with excuses about living in the USA or some jazz blah blah blah ;) :-* X_X
  • ... One thing about my dampers, when both set to 0 one of them is very stiff, and the other is smooth, the difference is quite substantial? I expected them to be identical but the difference is substantial. 

Hey you :P

Yea I tried this, and also did a blind test where they were mixed up and I had to guess the "weaker" one (just in case it was a placebo effect).

I also closed my eyes, rotated the dial until it felt softest, and it landed just passed 0 every time. However that "softest" vs the other damper is the equivalent of about 1 or 2 steps on the dial. So "0 on damper one" feels like "2 on damper two"

Its not a big deal, but coincidentally, the "tougher" one is also the one that clicks when in use. I sent a video to support, just waiting in a reply.

The damper is "tougher" to press, then snaps/jolts about .5cm them returns to being stiff again, and so forth and so on...

I've decided to switch the weaker damper onto my accl pedal, and use the juddery/clicking one on the brake to see if this is just some kind of brake in issue? Perhaps it's just "sticking" and a bit of "break in" may resolve it?

I'm at least willing to entertain that as a possibility before having to RMA this as well :-/

With that said, I agree entirely that the dampers are a great addition. For me, I notice it more in the accelerator and now could not go back to a non dampened pedal. It just gives me far more accuracy when regulating my throttle control.

Fanatic did an incredible job with the new hardware, it looks spectacular and does make a huge improvement.

Just looking forward to humiliating Grimey on the track, but he keeps coming up with excuses about living in the USA or some jazz blah blah blah ;) :-* X_X
    OK I see, does sound like something faulty then. I have no idea about expected differences between dampers, as I only have one here I think (going to do some searching now as I vaguely remember having two...).
  • @ Chad, Natalie, and Joseph..... regarding the discharge of grease from brake .  after watching the video on PU foam in the brake housing , I realized that in is not a hydraulic system, which I assumed it was.  The grease which is present on the brake rod is more than likely  result of the application of excess " technical Vaseline'" during assembly. The lubricant apparently keeps the PU foam [ polyurethane foam, for those like me who had no idea what PU meant ] pliable and acting as hydraulic fluid  would in a cylinder.  Since it is not a hydraulic system the problem will occur when the grease is not present and the foam stiffens , so it seems to me that reapplying technical Vaseline on a regular basis may be the wise course of action.. now if I can just determine if regular old Vaseline sold in the US is the same as Technical Vaseline

the video is located on page 9 and posted by Andrew Bryndin   fanatec should consider adding this as a video manual for the V3's

• Thinking about it , it might be a good idea if Fanatec made setup, updating, and maintenance videos for all it's products. Then provided a tab on the homepage to access them . I know they exist on the web and you tube, but I am never sure if they are Fanatec approved videos and hesitate to use them as guide.

• Why cant we just use Dry Lube??? It worked great in my v1 pedals...Foam Never felt Crunchy
  • Ok So do we have to update the v3 pedals again now that we have FW 226???
    edited August 2015

@ Grimey, I don't know, I was going to look for the bike chain lubricant that I believe you once suggested, however I seem to recall someone saying the wrong lube may deteriorate the PU foam [look how freely I throw that term around now] ...the manual for the V3's clearly calls for two types of lubricants. Lithium for the metal parts and "technical vaseline" for the polyurethane foam [ which after typing I know why PU foam is better]  Maybe a question for tech support to answer.

• Alberto,

The person insinuating that you or anyone else should be banned was speaking solely for himself, NOT Fanatec. We are very glad you are here. This is a place to share your experiences. I was simply saying that if the members can't or haven't been able to help you then it's time to go to the pros. That's all. The goal is to keep you on the track or get you back on the track as quickly as possible. No offense was meant. I simply want you racing as much as you can and enjoying your gear instead of being frustrated with it. I hope you except my apologies for upsetting you. See ya on the track or drag strip. That's were you'll find me.

you are very kind Chris. This issue has been forgotten forever. regards

• I have been using Teflon Bicycle chain lube... its a Dry lube... I Never used oil lube of any kind on my v1 pedals... Oil Lube seems like it will Soak into the PU Foam and Mess it up..

im going to plug my pedals in my PC when i get home andnsee if the update/ New FW for pedals flashes.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Why cant we just use Dry Lube??? It worked great in my v1 pedals...Foam Never felt Crunchy
    Is the Lithium Lube not supplied for that reason or is it not enough?
    edited August 2015
    @Grimey...
    So you just gonna let me get away with that comment ;)

@Remco
    Yea it would be interesting to test the differences, the "clicking" sounds like metal on metal (or perhaps hard plastic on metal) it doesn't sound good and only happens in 1 damper.

I posted a video, it's not a nice sound at all :-0
    https://vid.me/P6tC

@Joe
    Yea these videos help a great deal, I did offer to make new instructional videos (in a Fanatec Branded bikini) but Thomas said he wanted to grow the company, not sink the ship :( /jk

If I did make some instructional videos, I can assure you... With words like lube, shaft, grind and insert, it would play out like a classic "Carry On" movie :D
  • @Remco
    Yea it would be interesting to test the differences, the "clicking" sounds like metal on metal (or perhaps hard plastic on metal) it doesn't sound good and only happens in 1 damper.

That doesn't sound right. Pretty sure that Fanatec needs to replace it. Dampers never do 'click'... 
    @Remco

That doesn't sound right. Pretty sure that Fanatec needs to replace it. Dampers never do 'click'... 

Yea, I agree :(

It only appears to affect one of the dampers, so I'm hoping it's just a "one off" event. I'm still waiting to hear back from support regarding this particular issue, but I'm interested to hear what their perspective on this is.

They have been busy though, as unfortunately I had 2 XBO hubs arrive with broken buttons, my pedals were, well, bent/fitted incorrectly and didn't function as expected and my hand brake had faulty internal cabling (which I just ended up resolving my self) so I think they are on hiding from me at the moment ;)

I'll see if it improves with use until I hear back, as it could be something like a minor imperfection on the internal housing that may reduce with wear.

I'll contact them again on Monday (regarding the damper) and see what they think. Ccompared to the other one though, it's worlds apart, so I agree that a replacement/exchange is needed.

Other than that, I highly recommend them!

The difference in regulation (due to dampening in 1 direction only) is superb. They are a fantastic addition to the V3 pedals and I urge anyone who owns a set of V3 to get at least 1 to be able to really "feel" one of the major advances of the pedal architecture.

They provide a hugely positive improvement for me personally, throttle control, brake application all feel ... Substantial, weighty and .... Realistic!

Just wish they both worked ;)
  • @ Natalie, my life motto is "If , when I'm gone, you think of me and smile, my life will have been worthwhile."    Today , young lady , you had a worthwhile day.  By the way, I rarely live up to my motto.