Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• LOL... Natalie im at work... Sneeking in post... LOL
  • @Grimey...
    So you just gonna let me get away with that comment ;)

@Remco
    Yea it would be interesting to test the differences, the "clicking" sounds like metal on metal (or perhaps hard plastic on metal) it doesn't sound good and only happens in 1 damper.

I posted a video, it's not a nice sound at all :-0
    https://vid.me/P6tC

@Joe
    Yea these videos help a great deal, I did offer to make new instructional videos (in a Fanatec Branded bikini) but Thomas said he wanted to grow the company, not sink the ship :( /jk

If I did make some instructional videos, I can assure you... With words like lube, shaft, grind and insert, it would play out like a classic "Carry On" movie :D

You grease monkey...ghegheghe. LMAO
  • edited August 2015
    Im Ready For you Natalie :\">
    Make sure your wearing High Heals too :x there's nothing better than getting beat by a Woman with High Heals on \:D/
  • ok so the answer to the $100,000,000 Question is.... Yes tou have to update the V3 Pedals Via USB independent/ Free of the V2 wheel....I updated the wheel last night with the pedals attatched and the pedals Did Not update...I plugged only the Pedals in the PC today via USB and the update Notification Popped up Right away. Happy updating to all.... and yes i was able to update without unplugging the wheel from the pedals but the wheel Must be Powerd OFF/ Do Not turn Wheel on.
    Im going to Leave the USB wire Plugged into the pedals for future Hassle Free Pedal updating :-B
    Remember to put a Plastic Cap or Cover over loose end of your USB Cable if you leaving it plugged into your Pedals to avoid Static electricity problems. \m/
  • @ Grimey , Just asking, was that the answer you got from Fanatec tech support or just from your investigation?  Either works for me, but was curious to know.
  • edited August 2015
    I tested by plugging the pedals to the PC... If they updated through the wheel the pedals wouldn't need to update because i updated the wheel last night.   so seems the pedals need to be updated independent of the wheel... The New FW update started flashing.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    I tested by plugging the pedals to the PC... If they updated through the wheel the pedals wouldn't need to update because i updated the wheel last night.   so seems the pedals and wheel need to be updated independent of the wheel... The New FW update started flashing.

Yup :)
    This mirrors my findings ;)

@Joe glad I made you smile :P
  • I sort of just lucked into doing it that way day one.... some days it just pays to be lucky. thanks Grimey
    edited August 2015
    I thought I was going crazy because I answered this question re: CSPv3 updating via USB only this morning in a discussion with Armin, Antoine etc but I couldn't seem to find it in this thread...???

Then I realised, I had posted it in the "firmware" thread... Silly me ;)
    @ Natalie...is that really true ????? That's really a strange thing. Armin...is it possible to have the V3 updated too when updating the base ? Cause I don't like the fact of having a wandering loose cable coming from under my rig. Like Grimey and others already mentioned...the red hex screws are aluminum and loose grip. So if we have to get them.out and back in each time to take the bottom plate off to put the usb cable in the pedals connector...that's not evident in my opinion!!!

100% :-bd
    As I had to remove my pedals to return them, I used that time to test all the updating scenarios. I noticed that updating, downgrading firmware via the base with V3 pedals connected has ZERO impact on the pedals firmware.

The only way to update the pedals was a direct connection via USB.

Fir me, that's not great, so when the replacements go in, I will pre wire the USB and use cable ties to keep it hidden but allow for easier access than removing the base place etc ;)

I knew I wasn't crazy 8-}
  • Probably too early Natalie ? LoL
  • Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    edited August 2015
    Just out of curiosity, what firmware are you running Grimey?

Have you tried running the base on the latest firmware and CSP on firmware 112?
  • edited August 2015
    I was doing that last night with no problems... i disconnected the wheel from the pedals and re-flashed the FW... I dunno if the wheel still being connected to the pedals by the RJ12 plug some how screwed up the FW update via USB but so far no more half throttle after i disconnected every thing and re-flashed.  This will be my next step but sooo far so good it could have been just a random event.

Have you tried running the base on the latest firmware and CSP  on firmware 112?
    I was doing that last night with no problems... i disconnected the wheel from the pedals and re-flashed the FW... I dunno if the wheel still being connected to the pedals by the RJ12 plug some how screwed up the FW update via USB but so far no more half throttle after i disconnected every thing and re-flashed.  This will be my next step but sooo far so good it could have been just a random event.

Have you tried running the base on the latest firmware and CSP  on firmware 112?

Yea I had a similar issue I mentioned with PCars on,y reporting half throttle, but a reboot fixed it (during the game) I'm more enclined to believe it's related to PCars than anything else, that game is riddled with specific issues that I don't appear to get on any other title ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Ok Heres where im at... I Have Re Flashed the Pedals ONLY Back to the FW in FW 222. i did this because i Never Had Any Pedal Calibration Problems Until i Flashed the V3 Pedals with the Pedal FW in 226... My initial Test from rolling back the V3 Pedal FW has been Good So far.... I will continue to moniter Pedal performance over the weekend.

The Wheel FW in 226 Feels ok So far... The Wheel is Straight and Level and Responsive to me it feels a Tad bit better than FW 222... With FW 222 while at the main menu or tuning Screen the wheel always sat anTad bit tilted to the Right but during a Race it would be or apear to be Straight and level but it always felt as if it was Drifting to the Right a bit... But then its hard to tell if it actually was while watching the Road setting up for the Next Corner. any 1 else Noticing Throttle, Brake or Clutch Not giving Full Bars after Flashing The Pedals with the New FW?.
    My pedals are delayed and will now be here Monday (UPS error)

However, this gives me time to sort out a few other things AFK ;)

Additionally, I'm really looking forward to the XBO FM6 Demo releasing on Tuesday, that's going to really confirm where I spend most of time in the coming months. I'm really impressed with T10 for giving us a demo.

I also want to test some morebackward compatibility games ;)
  • My pedals are delayed and will now be here Monday (UPS error)

Additionally, I'm really looking forward to the XBO FM6 Demo releasing on Tuesday, that's going to really confirm where I spend most of time in the coming months. I'm really impressed with T10 for giving us a demo.

My Wheel Hub will be Here End of October... Hopefully it gets Shipped early like the v3 pedals... But when ever i get it...im Gonna Give it to you Good Lady :))
    My pedals are delayed and will now be here Monday (UPS error)

My Wheel Hub will be Here End of October... Hopefully it gets Shipped early like the v3 pedals... But when ever i get it...im Gonna Give it to you Good Lady :))

:)) Anytime :!!
    I was looking forward to having a session on the XBO this weekend (with the new patch arriving and the replacement V3) but I'll just have to wait. I may add on a PSN subscription shortly, so online PS4 is still on the cards. To be honest, FM6 will be the deciding factor for me, as if I have F1 2015/FM5/FM6/FH2/PCars and they are good enough... I'll not bother updating my PSN subscription ;)
  • @ Natalie, is the  Fanatec X1 wheel compatible with F1 2015  ?  Thought I read somewhere it was not. Or is it just a matter of not having full function with the game [ie buttons, FFB. etc.]  Both F1 and Pcars remain used in the cabinet.  That said,I guess I could find out myself if I wasn't lazy.

• PSN is the way to Go!!! My XB1 is Sitting Collecting Dust as a Paper weight atm...My online subscription is still Live though... Question is the Backwards Compatibility available yet???That maybe the only way my XB1 gets any action any time Soon.... FM6 will Have to be Very Very Good for me to want to play it... Too many Forza Let Downs in the Past....Plus i like Pure Racing i dont want to have to worry about some on beating my pants off in a 1000 Horse Power VW Golf and im Driving a LMP1 Car...Sooo Tierd of the unrealistic car upgrades Not to mention the Space Man Car Tunes that people use to get #1 Times...
    0 springs, 10/40 Roll Bars Gears that will Never work in Reality.
  • edited August 2015

@ Natalie, is the  Fanatec X1 wheel compatible with F1 2015  ?  Thought I read somewhere it was not. Or is it just a matter of not having full function with the game [ie buttons, FFB. etc.]  Both F1 and Pcars remain used in the cabinet.  That said,I guess I could find out myself if I wasn't lazy.

You better join Team PSN/PS4 GrimeyDog has been Happilly enjoying PCars and F1 2015!!! LOL... IJS.... Vrooom Vrooom
    aslo their is a Traitor among you... I see a Cetain Gamer Tag K*an #L Happilly enjoying PCars on PSN/ PS4 via my Friends list Every Day almost... LOL
  • @ Grimey, I actually started on PS3 with Gran Turismo  { can't remember the number} actually completed the 24hrs of Le Mans , before you could shut off the unit and restart where you left off... But, switched to Forza 3, better engine sound and cockpit view,  and the Fanatec wheel after a horrid experience with Madcatz... tried GT6 on PS3 with the CSR-E Forza wheel but was disappointed with the lack of progress on the engine noise in game [ A BMW GT car sounded the same as a Kia]  So, I stuck with Forza and tried the TX wheel ... for an hour, and went back  to 360 and the CSR-E if I wanted a wheel and thumbed through FM5... happily I am back To Forza 5 with the X1 rig from Fanatec..  As for Forza ... they have missed the boat in 5 , not in graphic or sound quality,  But in race format, why have tire and fuel wear, if it never comes into play in a three lap race ... or fifty for that matter .  I don't know about the backward compatibility , but if not my 360 is sitting there and my CSR-E still perfect.  Assetto-Corsa for the consoles , I'll be giving it a try.  Not sure , to be fair , if GT6 on the PS4 is an improvement. I guess I could "borrow" the kid's  PS4...  but what matters most  is the ability to use fanatic gear, in my opinion the best bang for the buck.

But keep up your good work on Pcars... some day I'll be able to plug and play after you work out the bugs.. I'll thank you in advance.

• @ Natalie, is the  Fanatec X1 wheel compatible with F1 2015  ?  Thought I read somewhere it was not. Or is it just a matter of not having full function with the game [ie buttons, FFB. etc.]  Both F1 and Pcars remain used in the cabinet.  That said,I guess I could find out myself if I wasn't lazy.

You better join Team PSN/PS4 GrimeyDog has been Happilly enjoying PCars and F1 2015!!! LOL... IJS.... Vrooom Vrooom
    aslo their is a Traitor among you... I see a Cetain Gamer Tag K*an #L Happilly enjoying PCars on PSN/ PS4 via my Friends list Every Day almost... LOL
    Why am I a traitor Grimey ? I'm also enjoying PCars on PS4 far better that on Xone...never made a secret of it ! I've played every day when my gf was on holiday...now I'll play when time and other stuff alowe it.

Why am I a traitor Grimey ? I'm also enjoying PCars on PS4 far better that on Xone...never made a secret of it ! I've played every day when my gf was on holiday...now I'll play when time and other stuff alowe it.
    I didnt Mean it Literally... I was Just Funning around joking tryin to see if we can get More Recruits to the PSN/PS4 team... LOL.We gotta Run a Few Races some time.

• I just have a question regarding the v3 pedals, are people having / still having problems with them? as I at the moment am having the csw b v2 combined with the csp v2 and was thinking of purchasing the v3 pedals to help my brother in law getting started by letting him buy my old csr wheel and my current in use csp v2 for a special family price, but I am not so sure if people are having trouble with the new pedals, or are the problems just " mondays productions issues " if You guys know what I mean...  I saw some of the pics from Natalie, and a clutch that didn't work just to mention one thing,  stripped screwheads are another thing I also seam to hear in more than one post, not that it effects performance, but it effects that you cant change / alter  performance if you cant get a screw out to change something because the screwhead is stripped......

another question, perhaps a little ot.  dirrected at  Antoine Goossens  or some one else with an Rseat RS1

How does the pedalplate in the Rseat RS1 hold up to the presure from jumping on the breakpedal on the clubsports?
    And a second one, If I am 1,82meters tall  aprox 5,971 feet, how would you say I would fit in an Rseat RS1 if I like to have my legs rather stretched when driving and my elbows rather bend?

Thanks in advance 
  • The pedal plate holds surprisingly well!!! I'm 1.85 mtr myself, watched the Obutto video for the perfect seat positioning and I can confirm that I'm sitting perfectly good in it.
    And if you think the pedal plate is still to close..it only takes a minor adjustment to make it go about 5 cm further away from you.
    As for the V3....no opinion on m yet...still playing with fw set ups!!

I didnt Mean it Literally... I was Just Funning around joking tryin to see if we can get More Recruits to the PSN/PS4 team... LOL.We gotta Run a Few Races some time.

Ah okay..that way...
    If they only could feel the difference in ffb smoothness between the XOne and PS4....they wouldn't be playing PCars on XOne anymore.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Verner I've had my pedals for about 2 weeks now and have a few hours on them. They are a big step up from the V1/2's. For myself there are no problems at all. The only thing, which is minor is the brake feels a bit gritty when depressing completely. It doesn't affect gameplay at all and I'm sure there is a solution to it.

Highly recommended
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited August 2015
    So reading through the CSP manual and Project Cars update 3.0, it would lead you to think that both accel/brake vibrations are now supported although Fanatec says that

"Vibration motor on gas pedal can be used to indicate rear wheel spin and oversteer
    Controlled" Controlled via Fanatec Wheel SDK on PC and PS4

And

Vibration motor to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires Controlled by Fanatec wheels: Compatible to all games. Dynamic control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK

So accel is not supported on Xbox and to have brake vibration you need to have ABS on even though PCars 3.0 has these notes.

Fanatec – added accelerator slip vibration support for Fanatec wheel rims that support this feature. Added sequential shifter profiles for Porsche 911, GT2, GT3RS V2 and CSR wheels. Added accelerator pedal rumble support for the ClubSport Pedals V3, and fixed brake rumble not working

Which is which?.
  • edited August 2015
    Joseph...I think you need to lay this at camp SMS...cause rumble on acceleration, when wheel spin and brake rumble at lock up work on PS4....ALTHOUGH I can still hardly feel the brake rumble...but it is there!!!