Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Thnx Sebastian. Seems to be a firmware issue. I've had confirmation by Remco van Dijk, he's a Fanatec beta tester and it's a known issue. So no faulty hardware!
    Not sure why you stated that it's a firmware issue, as the lack of rumble feel is basically caused by the fact that the CSP v3 are very solid pedals. So you could call it a hardware "issue".

Maybe some hardware modification of the rumble motor is possible so that it actually hits the pedal to create more vibration?
    So, are you saying that the v3s need to be altered to get the rumble effect?
  • Thnx Sebastian. Seems to be a firmware issue. I've had confirmation by Remco van Dijk, he's a Fanatec beta tester and it's a known issue. So no faulty hardware!
    Not sure why you stated that it's a firmware issue, as the lack of rumble feel is basically caused by the fact that the CSP v3 are very solid pedals. So you could call it a hardware "issue".

Maybe some hardware modification of the rumble motor is possible so that it actually hits the pedal to create more vibration?

Ohw...sorry Remco...I assumed that...when you said it was a known issue, that every V3 has that problem and it could be solved by new firmware. Maybe if the motors spin faster ?

I don't get why the V2 motors a way stronger felt...cause they're just as solid ?

• edited July 2015
    Thnx Sebastian. Seems to be a firmware issue. I've had confirmation by Remco van Dijk, he's a Fanatec beta tester and it's a known issue. So no faulty hardware!

This does not seem to make sense...??? Why would it be a Hard ware Issue and the V1, V2 & V3 pedals all share the same FFB Rumble design with the motor on back of the brake pedal... Seems that if its a Hardware issue then Fanatec would have to Recall all of the V3 pedals or send out Kits to all that bought them to get the rumble feel up to specs of the V1 & V2 pedals.

Remco Van Dijk said "Maybe some hardware modification of the rumble motor is possible so that it actually hits the pedal to create more vibration?"  This Statement makes No sense to me....Who buys a $300.00 set of pedals so they can Mod or fix them so they can works as advertised???

Seems much simpler that if the Rumble motor is spinning too slow to Create rumble feel that the Wheel FW can be Changed to send a stronger signal to the Rumble Motor causing it to spin faster and Create more Rumble Feel... The only other option would be to send out kits to the V3 owners to replace "Faulty Rumble Motors"....Is it confirmed by Fanatec that the V3 pedals have "faulty" Rumble motors??? other than the motors being faulty My opinion is its a FW thing that they just need to Crank up the power to the Rumble motors a bit.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited July 2015
    Chris has a set of V3s, hopefully when het gets some time he can have a look at them and let us know ;)
    If not, I'll do a full review when mine arrive if anyone wants :)

What to do with my V2?
    Shall I keep them, sell them...
    I've already modded them (well changed the pedals and added a new shock) and they are only 4 months old or so with 1.5 years warranty still left in them.... Sitting in the cupboard seems s shame :(

Maybe I'll build a second rig? :D
    edited July 2015
    Here's a wee snap of my new Sparco Pedals :)
    Again please excuse the potato phone quality! Blame apples low light performance on the iPad mini ;)
  • Absolutelly the same issue I was just trying to be nice this time and forget the rumble issue but I received the v3 pedals last week and there is no feedback whatsoever so I will be waiting from a promptly answer from Fanatec
  • I updated the firmware; I was using the csr's so the difference is huge, very nice pedals and the feel is pretty good but no rumble at all !!!!!
  • so I want people waiting for the v3's not to be discouraged; the pedals are worth every penny; beautiful looking and they feel so right like in a real car ( what else can you expect) and the guys from Fanatec will solve the problem in no time.

• Surely this issue of weak Rumble motor on the pedals was picked up during beta testing ?  Why release the pedals to market if the rumble does not perform to previous specs or as advertised ?  

I honestly cannot believe that no beta tester advised Fanatec of the issue and that they just didn't bother to fix it .... surely !?

Really would like some comment from Fanatec regarding all this.
  • Surely this issue of weak Rumble motor on the pedals was picked up during beta testing ?  Why release the pedals to market if the rumble does not perform to previous specs or as advertised ?  

I honestly cannot believe that no beta tester advised Fanatec of the issue and that they just didn't bother to fix it .... surely !?

And the sooner the better, yes sir!!!!
    Remco said he mentioned it during beta testing, so they are aware of it and will likely be looking into to ;)
  • Surely this issue of weak Rumble motor on the pedals was picked up during beta testing ?  Why release the pedals to market if the( rumble does not perform to previous specs or as advertised ?  

That all Depends on who they Have Beta Testing...Some dont even have the systems that they get product to Beta Test for.. How can you Beta Test for PS4 and you dont Own a PS4??? XB1 Etc. Some just claim they Beta test but just want free product... JMO...It takes Hands on Hours of testing Not just Gathering info from the Forums.
    edited July 2015
    There's very likely some truth (in general) in what Grimey says, although it's written a little harsh ;)

I think that's a big part of why PCars has a lot of bugs. 80,000 beta testers, but how many actually tested and reported back to HQ and weren't just in it for the returns?

I currently test on all 4 platforms and have a document that has well over 250 hours invested into it that would literally make your toes curl ;)

Additionally, I was not part of the V3 beta testing (or the latest firmware as I got that when Thomas released it) so I expect that I will likely find a few issues with my V3 (on one of my platforms) when they arrive, but again, I'll report these to Fanatec through the appropriate channels.

For example, I only received (up to) beta firmware 102 (for the XBOHUB) so I did not test firmware 110. So it may likely contain bugs that I even I am unaware of. I may come across these in the coming days, and again will report these to Fanatec via the appropriate channels.

I currently test on all 4 compatible platforms (but own 5) :)

I'm not sure who else is testing products on all platforms (or who else tested the V3s) but I'm sure Fanatec will have a console user testing them somewhere (I know Remco said he only tests on PC) as they usually seem to try and cover all bases.

The beta testing is genuinely honest and refreshing and isn't just lip service. The team fixed many of the issues I reported, and were truly fantastic to work with. The USB 3.0 bug was one of my biggest annoyances, and we worked together to squash that pest in good time ;)

And just for transparency Mr G ;)
    I've just placed an order with Fanatec yesterday that cost me over €1000, So you can be sure that I'm not in it for a freebie :p

I ordered a CS handbrake / XBOHUB Drift / XBOHUB Flat1.
    I also have a set of V3s on back order plus 2 Dampers.
    Plus my last order (with my CSWv2 / Porsche Rim / F1 Carbon / CSL / CSPv2 / CSS SQ etc etc) was well over €2000

So, I'm in for over €4000 with over 250 hours of product testing (and counting) plus I sent a bag of treats over to the team to say thanks which cost me €50 :P so I hope you weren't tarnishing us all with that big fancy paint brush of yours lol ;) :p
  • cant wait! 
  • edited July 2015
    LOL... Never Natalie Never would i Even think to paint you like that!!! But as you stated 80,000 Beta testers!!! Really??? What were they testing???

Natalie you always have Hands on Questions and Answers!!! Thats a Real Tester.... The 1 who sits down Hands on and Seeks to test and find a solution... Some Will Clearly Tell you This Is Not How XYZ works But Have No Hands on with XYZ but they think they Know Everything...This is why Nothing gets fixed... it all just gets passed along to the Devs by Beta Testers that dont test. SMH.

Edit: My V3 pedals Ships 8/31 and My XB1 Hub Ships 10/31...Hopefully...
  • The only issue with the V3s are the rumble motors on all platforms...other than that, after calibration in Fanatec function test window, work fine!!!
    LOL... Never Natalie Never would i Even think to paint you like that!!! But as you stated 80,000 Beta testers!!! Really??? What were they testing???

Natalie you always have Hands on Questions and Answers!!! Thats a Real Tester.... The 1 who sits down Hands on and Seeks to test and find a solution... Some Will Clearly Tell you This Is Not How XYZ works But Have No Hands on with XYZ but they think they Know Everything...This is why Nothing gets fixed... it all just gets passed along to the Devs by Beta Testers that dont test. SMH.

Edit: My V3 pedals Ships 8/31 and My XB1 Hub Ships 10/31...Hopefully...

:D
    You are in for a treat with the HUB, I ordered 2 more because they are "THAT" good! :D
    What I'm really looking forward too though, is you getting to experiencing the difference in FFB between PCars on XBO vs PS4. It's genuinely mind boggling!

Default XBO settings are very good (imo) I really really like the feel and force of the feedback. But I jump to the same car/track etc on PS4 and its like a butterfly sneezing?

It's feeble, weak, light?
    I have tried FFB at 100 and Tyre force at 100 and also your settings (which are very nice indeed on PS4) but overall the PS4 forces equal about 1/10th of what I get on XBO at default (50FFB) even if I crank the wheel up to 150 (when connected to PS4) it's still nothing compared to the XBO defaults?

It's like 2 completely different wheels? When connected to an XBO it's brute force and seriously powerful. When on PS4 I get next to nothing? (It's not clipping in telemetry it's just weak)

If patch 3.0 is out before that, it'll likely be fixed but for me the XBO is a blast... Ugly as sin, but serious fun! The PS4 is petty, but feels so boring in comparison.
  • I dunno Natalie Have you Tried My Latest PS4 FFB Tweek??? Its the Best 1 Yet... update 2.0 was Really Good... I posted it on the PS4 page a day or so ago. you should try it.
  • To me it's just the other way around...I've been following and testing Grimeys tweaks since day one and I tweaked them to my own likings further down the line. FFB doesn't have to be strong to give you excellent feel... I also posted ffb settings on the XOne + PS4 page. It's for the BMW M1 Pro car, but it also feels good on most other cars.
    And I've only recently, with fw110, managed to get THAT exact seem feel on the XOne. Until that day I avoided playing PCars on XOne like the pest!!!
    If you try my ffb settings and you like m, I'll be gladly to share my XOne settings with you...And everybody else who wanna give m a try, of course!!!
    edited July 2015
    I dunno Natalie Have you Tried My Latest PS4 FFB Tweek??? Its the Best 1 Yet... update 2.0 was Really Good... I posted it on the PS4 page a day or so ago. you should try it.

Where's your latest updates at i'll try then today :)
    To me it's just the other way around...I've been following and testing Grimeys tweaks since day one and I tweaked them to my own likings further down the line. FFB doesn't have to be strong to give you excellent feel... I also posted ffb settings on the XOne + PS4 page. It's for the BMW M1 Pro car, but it also feels good on most other cars.
    And I've only recently, with fw110, managed to get THAT exact seem feel on the XOne. Until that day I avoided playing PCars on XOne like the pest!!!
    If you try my ffb settings and you like m, I'll be gladly to share my XOne settings with you...And everybody else who wanna give m a try, of course!!!

Proof right there that FFB is a personal thing for sure :D

I avoid using the PS4 version as I find it an insult to my hard earned cash to not be sweating like a pig after a race :D
    The PS4 version doesn't even make my CSWv2 fans turn on. Where as the XBO version has them spinning up 24/7 it's an absolute blast having the wheel win a fight when you slip off track or get bumped by someone, the PS4 is so light and easy to correct it feels boring to me :(

I really like to fight with the wheel, have it fight me, snap on me, try to pull me off track etc and I really enjoy feeling like I'm working hard. It makes me feel like I'm in a real car.

Ohh what was the Forza bug you wanted checking? I'll check it today for you. I hadn't noticed any issues with FM5 on 102 but I'll try it on 110 and see if I can replicate it :)

How about some more pics of those v3s (with the new pedals on) and some info on how that brake pedal feels etc? Did you get your damper etc too?
  • edited July 2015
    My FFB feel is just strong enough to give me resistance like I want it to. Just try m Nataie...I like to know how you feel about it. Grimeys pdf is on the final page of the XOne and PS4 topic. Just like my settings. I did a couple a laps with Toon Kersten om FM5 and he heard my ffb vibrations through the headset...he advised me to set the ffb less strong...I did and it instantly made me drive better and faster!
    And also the use of a keyboard (usb, bt or dongle) for button mapping still holds me on the PS4 to play PCars.
    My camera stopt working on my HTC...Have to do a hard reset to see if it's broke...But can't get myself to do it.
    First damper sets are to ship out end of August, so nobody has m yet...
    The brake is much stiffer...even in loosest setting...you really have to press hard to lock up the brakes (i know we don't want it) but it also caused me not to find the exact braking point yet. The gas and clutch pedal still feel the same, although you can exchange the springs for stiffer ones...they're also included.
    I think the damper kit will make a huge difference on the gas pedal... But not on the brake pedal, cause that one goes slow in and comes slow out.
    Only known issue is the weak rumble on both pedals!
    Just download the full manual of the V3s...You'll get a good impression of them already!

Ohw...sorry Remco...I assumed that...when you said it was a known issue, that every V3 has that problem and it could be solved by new firmware. Maybe if the motors spin faster ?

I don't get why the V2 motors a way stronger felt...cause they're just as solid ?

The CSP v3 are more solid than the v2. So it's not a problem as in something being wrong, just unfortunate that with the current construction the rumble is hardly felt. I must say though that with the pedals depressed the rumble can be felt a little better IMO, but not much.

IMO the only way to make it work properly is to have something hit the back surface of the pedal, not just something that is attached to the pedal and wiggling. Something like a small rubber ball on a string attached to the current rumble motor head.
  • I think if they somehow manage to spin the motor faster that the problem is solved.
  • Natalie said: Ohh what was the Forza bug you wanted checking? I'll check it today for you. I hadn't noticed any issues with FM5 on 102 but I'll try it on 110 and see if I can replicate it

Armin already answered that one Natalie...it's a FM5 game setting...And I don't think they'll patch it with FM6 on the way.
    Natalie said: Ohh what was the Forza bug you wanted checking? I'll check it today for you. I hadn't noticed any issues with FM5 on 102 but I'll try it on 110 and see if I can replicate it

Armin already answered that one Natalie...it's a FM5 game setting...And I don't think they'll patch it with FM6 on the way.

Yea, but I was wondering if this appeared only in revision 110 and not 102 (which I'm using at the moment) ;)
  • 7th post by Joe Rugo at the V222 beta topic.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So quick questiion. Hub is on the way :) Do i need to wait until the CSP V3 arrive to update firmware for Base,hub and pedals at the same time?
  • No Joseph you don't need to wait...But it's best to hook it all up to your pc again to calibrate the pedals in the function test window. My V3s had little tension in the clutch and gas pedal...so with button remapping I got the message 'multiple input detected' most of the time...so couldn't place a button where I wanted to.
  • I am sorry guys but there is a lot of just NOISE in this forum.

I spent close to 4 thousand American dollars in this hobby and have heard "with that  money you could have bought a real car" so many times that I don't even pay attention anymore. I have the v2 base,BMW wheel, carbon wheel,v3 pedals and shifter. I also spend money in sound (been in F1,nascar and indy many times and proud of my Infinity/Onkio sound) I have a 360 and ps3 and the rest of the money went to monitor, seat etc I don't count cookies, medicines nor groceries, they don't belong here but the amount could be 4k or a little more.

my point is, I expect at least 5 solid years of entertainment in return for my investment, I want to be playing the game instead of discussing quality issues in this forum, but after giving this thing a serious thought  I am really worried about the reliability of the otherwise wonderful l Fanatec  products.

How comes they didn't notice the uselessness of the rumblers  during the develop or production time ?how comes nobody from the staff used the pedals during pre-production and raised the red flag? For me this only shows a serious flaw in the quality  and administrative process for I overall think that this rumblers were unnecessary to the otherwise amazing pedals and this being said worries me about the quality process at Fanatec.. I think a word from Fanatec is absolutely needed at this point

P.D: Wouldn't it be nice if one or several of the participants in this forum are Fanatec employees they identified themselves so we all be in the same field?   

• edited July 2015
    Thnx Sebastian. Seems to be a firmware issue. I've had confirmation by Remco van Dijk, he's a Fanatec beta tester and it's a known issue. So no faulty hardware!

The CSP v3 are more solid than the v2. So it's not a problem as in something being wrong, just unfortunate that with the current construction the rumble is hardly felt. I must say though that with the pedals depressed the rumble can be felt a little better IMO, but not much.

IMO the only way to make it work properly is to have something hit the back surface of the pedal, not just something that is attached to the pedal and wiggling. Something like a small rubber ball on a string attached to the current rumble motor head.

Again this Makes No Sense to Me your Terminology is Not Clear "Solid" "Current constuction" you have to be more specific with your description.... We are Talking about Rumble/Vibration Why would Vibration Not travel through the pedals??? are there Rubber dampers or something that would stop the Rumble Feel/Vibration from Traveling through the Pedals??? Have you Ever Tested the Rumble Motors V1, V2, and V3 Pedals to see if they are All Spinning the Same Speed??? What about the Voltage are all the Pedals getting the Same Voltage, Have you Checked the weighted Heads on the Top of the Rumble Motor to see if they all Have the Same Weight or Not??? to my Knowledge Vibration Travels Through "Solid Construction" unless something is damping it... Is there any Real Testing Going on that can Give Specific and Real answers??? Air = Gas.... Water = Liquid....Metal = Solid Since the Pedals are Made of Metal we all Know their Solid Build... picking up the Pedals and saying its a Soid Build is that the Extent of Beta Testing??? V1, V2 & V3 pedals all Share the Same Build design with the Vibration/Rumble Motor on back of the Brake Pedal...So there Has to be a Better answer besides its a "Solid Construction" which IMO doesnt say much.