Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Nuno, don't you notice, by watching your own vid back...that the back fan isn't spinning!!!
    I think you've got a hardware problem instead of a firmware prob!!
    Thanks for the answer Antoine Goossens

Yes I noticed is stopped but he i notice the same issue with fan in work process. 

In fact, in this case his stop, I think it is cooling firmware management.

I nottice this in firmware 110 and now in 116 :/ 
  • Fan Noïse is back for me too. I was so happy to leave this issue. I received my CSWV2 only 4 months ago, and I spent more time with a frightful fan noïse rather than the quiet and smoothing enjoy time playing. Now it's worse, just like in the video from member #member12615 in page 4. So disapointed about it. Firmware 110 fixed it and solve almost fully the hold fan noïse witch affect my wheel, now it seem to be, a new one, the same that in the video... 
  • PCars, PS4, V2 base and XOne hub.

Anyone having the strange wheel pulling of centre when entering menu and restarting a race back again in PCars ? Had it in V219 and not in V222 and 223, but with 226 it's back!! Also when doing a pit stop, the wheel is turned about 30° to the left and stays that way until manual control...result: car against the wall or abuse strong pull of the wheel.
    Didn't make any ffb changes and the wheel settings are set as they were.
    Somehow the V223 Felt much smoother.
    I have the same issue with pCars 3.0 and 222 beta drivers with firmware 110 on my Clubsport Base V2

• Ok, where did that 226 version come from? (I thought we were at 223) If there is a newer version please 'update' the main blog post, so we don't have to scroll through all comments...

I do have a few questions tho:

1) Will the new driver support the handbrake? (If not, when can we expect this to be working again?)
    2) Will Project cars ever give us the same Force Feedback 'detail' as we get from Forza 5? (is Fanatec actively working with Slightly Mad Studios to achieve this, or should I just bin Project Cars?)

Thnx!
  • The 226 drivers are available in the download section.

In the change log they speak about the fact the handbrake is working when plugged to the pedals plugged to the wheel base.
  • edited August 2015
    Fana Leds is working with PS4 Pcars and so far the FW feels better than the last 1!!! as a matter of fact seems like the fana leds is working better with PS4 PCars they dont take sooo long to light up.... also seemed to notice a little bit more ABS rumble when tested on PC.

• PCars, PS4, V2 base and XOne hub.

Anyone having the strange wheel pulling of centre when entering menu and restarting a race back again in PCars ? Had it in V219 and not in V222 and 223, but with 226 it's back!! Also when doing a pit stop, the wheel is turned about 30° to the left and stays that way until manual control...result: car against the wall or abuse strong pull of the wheel.
    Turn the menue spring slider down to 15 or below... The only FW that felt like the wheel was driving straight to me was 205 and Now 226... the others feels like the wheel is always tyring to drive Off center... THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
  • Nuno, don't you notice, by watching your own vid back...that the back fan isn't spinning!!!

Yes I noticed is stopped but he i notice the same issue with fan in work process. 

I hope you did NOT Blow compressed air into the back of the V2 to get out dust... if so that will unseat the fan Blades... its a cervo fan and is only held in place by the magnetic force.... its easy to reseat the fan though just take the back off and set it back into its proper position... No Snaps or clicks reposition the fan and the magnets will suck it right back into place.

MESSAGE TO ALL... DO NOT BLOW COMPRESSED AIR INTO THE BACK FAN OPENING OF YOUR WHEEL IT WILL UNSEAT THE REAR FAN!!!!
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015
    thanks for th e info Grimey, I use compressed air to clean my electronics once and awhile ... will be sure not to use it on my base,.
  • edited August 2015
    i LIKE IT!!! Ive allready beat my best time at laguna seca in a stock untuned Ruff RS-8 GT3  1:24.3xx with 20 gallons of fuel!!!
    PCars, PS4, V2 base and XOne hub.

Antoine the wheel seems to be more responsive in a GOOD way around the center point... that maybe the reason the wheel doe's not seem as smooth to you with this FW... I can clearly feel whats going on with the car with the slightest of wheel movements... I like this FW update alot so far.... This is the ONLY FW that has driven pefectly straight for me since FW 205!!!

Also ive tested the new FW in GT^ and the light turns white in PS3 mode plus the Rim Rumble feature is back when you lock up the Brakes as well as you can feel the ABS rumble.

Edit: i also set my menu spring back to 40 and  the wheel sits straight and level at the dash board and its straight and level when leaving the pit garrage.... with 219 & 222 the wheel always sat tilted to the right a few degrees but during a race it would Drive straight and level or at least appear straight and level but to me it always felt like it was off or pulling a tad bit to the Right slightly.

Very Happy happy joy joy... lol

I hope you did NOT Blow compressed air into the back of the V2 to get out dust... if so that will unseat the fan Blades... its a cervo fan and is only held in place by the magnetic force.... its easy to reseat the fan though just take the back off and set it back into its proper position... No Snaps or clicks reposition the fan and the magnets will suck it right back into place.

MESSAGE TO ALL... DO NOT BLOW COMPRESSED AIR INTO THE BACK FAN OPENING OF YOUR WHEEL IT WILL UNSEAT THE REAR FAN!!!!

Hi Grimey, thank you for your alert, but i dont use any compressed air for that, just a proper pencil.

Every time I power on the fun works fine and make the routine.

I play with headsets and every time I stop play the fan is making this noise and the fan is stopped...

And for the first time I have to flash the pedals one more time with 1.12 because of the gas full pressed just reach half of input.

No its ok after flash it for the second time and auto calibrate for dont loose the BrF and calibrate in game (Pcars) seems ok now.
  • Question??? Do i have to update the V3 pedals again by themselves via USB now with the new FW??? or did it update the pedals the same time the wheel was being updated.... yes i updated the pedals via usb when i first got them. does this have to be done again because of the new FW 226???
  • edited August 2015
    @Toon, just let me know when you're on XOne mate. We'll do a step-by-step ffb walk through. The PCars ffb is far better than Forza's when set right!!

@Grimey, Fanaleds is a PC app for sim racing games...they're not the wheel leds...and it's not available for ps4. And I will try the sliders you've mentioned...just seems strange to me that I changed NOTHING in game...and I didn't have the pulling with V223 fw 110. And the V3 are also updated when updating the base...there's a separate hex file for the V3 in the driver.

@Nuno, if you're using the XOne hub...go back to driver 219 fw 094. If not using the hub, go back to driver 205 fw 065 and see if dan noise is still there. If so contact support...you've got a hardware problem!!!

@Arnaud, if you sign in/register on this page, you'll see member names in stead of member #
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    PCars, PS4, V2 base and XOne hub.

Hi,

you are talking about PS4 but there is no driver on PS4!? If you report an issue for consoles we always need the FW version. For PC driver and FW version. Can the issue be reproduced? Could you make a video showing this issue? Does it happen with stock tuning menu settings? So not modifying anything apart from setting the wheel center.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    @Toon, just let me know when you're on XOne mate. We'll do a step-by-step ffb walk through. The PCars ffb is far better than Forza's when set right!!

@Grimey, Fanaleds is a PC app for sim racing games...they're not the wheel leds...and it's not available for ps4. And I will try the sliders you've mentioned...just seems strange to me that I changed NOTHING in game...and I didn't have the pulling with V223 fw 110. And the V3 are also updated when updating the base...there's a separate hex file for the V3 in the driver.

@Nuno, if you're using the XOne hub...go back to driver 219 fw 094. If not using the hub, go back to driver 205 fw 065 and see if dan noise is still there. If so contact support...you've got a hardware problem!!!

@Arnaud, if you sign in/register on this page, you'll see member names in stead of member #

Antonine re: updating pedals, AFAIK that's not quite right ;)
    You must update the pedals separately via USB, they won't/don't update when connected to the base. When updating the base firmware, it only affects the base not the pedals :(

I tested this extensively while they were off so I knew for sure ;)
    Removing my pedals from my particular set it is a real pain and takes apx 1hr, so I'm a little sad it can't be done via the base.

I've decided now, to pre wire in the required connections and live with the extra cabling to make life a little easier moving forward ;)
  • Oliver GehlerOliver Gehler Member
    edited August 2015
    Ok, where did that 226 version come from? (I thought we were at 223) If there is a newer version please 'update' the main blog post, so we don't have to scroll through all comments...

I do have a few questions tho:

1) Will the new driver support the handbrake? (If not, when can we expect this to be working again?)
    2) Will Project cars ever give us the same Force Feedback 'detail' as we get from Forza 5? (is Fanatec actively working with Slightly Mad Studios to achieve this, or should I just bin Project Cars?)

Thnx!

There are a new "official" Firmware BETA in the download section from the Fanatec Website..... since yesterday afternoon. http://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-eu-eu.html#downloads

1) Yes, handbrake can be used on PC (See changelog from the new Firmware 226 BETA)

2) Really??? The FFB in Project Cars is much much better than in Forza 5.... if you have correct settings in Project Cars. In Forza 5 i have no dedicated feedback which makes the vehicle rear or front axle.

• @Armin, sorry...I thought with mementioning the V2 base was clear enough. With V219 fw 094, V222 and V 223
    fw 110. Do you mean in game stock settings or wheel stock settings or both. Cause wheel settings are stock, only in game ffb settings adjusted to my likings. I'll see if I can get you that vid asap...only thing at the moment is that my smartphone cam doesn't work..but I'll see into that.

@ Natalie...is that really true ????? That's really a strange thing. Armin...is it possible to have the V3 updated too when updating the base ? Cause I don't like the fact of having a wandering loose cable coming from under my rig. Like Grimey and others already mentioned...the red hex screws are aluminum and loose grip. So if we have to get them.out and back in each time to take the bottom plate off to put the usb cable in the pedals connector...that's not evident in my opinion!!!
  • @Toon, just let me know when you're on XOne mate. We'll do a step-by-step ffb walk through. The PCars ffb is far better than Forza's when set right!!

Thanks Antoine, I dont have hub, just the BMW rim.

Hum... If I flash back to 205 and 065 my v3 dont work With base right?

And Yes I update base and pedals one at the time.

Your right Antoine, This is not good for the screws :/
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Question??? Do i have to update the V3 pedals again by themselves via USB now with the new FW??? or did it update the pedals the same time the wheel was being updated.... yes i updated the pedals via usb when i first got them. does this have to be done again because of the new FW 226???

I would go direct to pc with the pedals to update them. I find it just works alot smoother since doing it via wheel doesn't seem to work.
    @ Natalie...is that really true ????? That's really a strange thing. Armin...is it possible to have the V3 updated too when updating the base ? Cause I don't like the fact of having a wandering loose cable coming from under my rig. Like Grimey and others already mentioned...the red hex screws are aluminum and loose grip. So if we have to get them.out and back in each time to take the bottom plate off to put the usb cable in the pedals connector...that's not evident in my opinion!!!

100% :-bd
    As I had to remove my pedals to return them, I used that time to test all the updating scenarios. I noticed that updating, downgrading firmware via the base with V3 pedals connected has ZERO impact on the pedals firmware.

The only way to update the pedals was a direct connection via USB.

Fir me, that's not great, so when the replacements go in, I will pre wire the USB and use cable ties to keep it hidden but allow for easier access than removing the base place etc ;)

As I had to remove my pedals to return them, I used that time to test all the updating scenarios. I noticed that updating, downgrading firmware via the base with V3 pedals connected has ZERO impact on the pedals firmware.

Fir me, that's not great, so when the replacements go in, I will pre wire the USB and use cable ties to keep it hidden but allow for easier access than removing the base place etc ;)

Good idea in having the usb attached and hidden. I actually have a space underneath just for it.

Btw Nat, I did check my clutch and it does completely engage all the way. Sorry for the late response but I was on a trip.

Good idea in having the usb attached and hidden. I actually have a space underneath just for it.

Btw Nat, I did check my clutch and it does completely engage all the way. Sorry for the late response but I was on a trip.

No worries :) I hope you had a great holiday and the weather was nice. We saw the sun for a few hours here, it was remarkable :D

My pedals have been picked up and are now en route back, so my issues should be resolved (hopefully)

I was actually able to solve the clutch issue by essentially stripping the pedal back and rebuilding it. I removed everything such as the pins/springs etc (as per the manual) and rebuilt it perfectly. It then worked much better, so my clutch issue appears to have been something in the factory build?

My accelerator pedal and brake were not well though, there was no fixing them. But hopefully my replacement will resolve all the woes then it's track day with Grimey and the gang :D
  • edited August 2015
    @Nuno, in PCars you can TEMPORARY remap the buttons...for example, use the wheel paddles for brake and throttle and shift with shifter or buttons if the V3s don't work...but my gut feeling tells me you've got a faulty V2 base!!

So I'll be stripping my V3 plate too when I get home from work, find my empty V3 box to get that usb cable out and attach it permanently to the V3s.
    edited August 2015

No worries :) I hope you had a great holiday and the weather was nice. We saw the sun for a few hours here, it was remarkable :D

My pedals have been picked up and are now en route back, so my issues should be resolved (hopefully)

I was actually able to solve the clutch issue by essentially stripping the pedal back and rebuilding it. I removed everything such as the pins/springs etc (as per the manual) and rebuilt it perfectly. It then worked much better, so my clutch issue appears to have been something in the factory build?

My accelerator pedal and brake were not well though, there was no fixing them. But hopefully my replacement will resolve all the woes then it's track day with Grimey and the gang :D

Holiday was amazing! Got to visit Pagani,Lamborghini and Ferrari ;) Rented a Ferrari for a bit as well so among everything else that was definitely a highlight lol.
    Very happy to hear your pedals are taken care of. Did you have the same issue with the brake grease building up and feeling a bit gritty? Also how much are you on Xbox One? We should setup some track time with all of us.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Nuno,

would you please clear out your issues with the Fanatec Support? This discussion is for new firmwares and drivers. Nobody will be able to help here if you do have a firmware issue so please...

@ Antoine
    Updating the CSP V3 when they are connected to the wheel base is definitely impossible. Would be great if you could take a video of problem in pCars and if you could narrow it down to a certain firmware. So far nobody has been able to reproduce that.
    edited August 2015

Holiday was amazing! Got to visit Pagani,Lamborghini and Ferrari ;) Rented a Ferrari for a bit as well so among everything else that was definitely a highlight lol.
    Very happy to hear your pedals are taken care of. Did you have the same issue with the brake grease building up and feeling a bit gritty? Also how much are you on Xbox One? We should setup some track time with all of us.

Lately... Not so much :(
    However, I'm hoping that once all my kit works, I'll be back on line more often.

I haven't been able to even send feedback into Armin etc as I can't use any of my equipment due to some hardware issues :(

My pedals should be here tomorrow though, I still need to replace a damper (I think/I'll try breaking it in first) my handbrake is "kind of" fixed as I noticed the problem was a faulty connection to the board. So I popped down to the electronics store, bought a connector, attached the new one to the cable, reconnected it, tested it, and all seems well (so fingers crossed)

So I should be back online next week, a meet up with the gang sounds great. I only have my XBO online for now, my PS4 is not on PSPlus yet, but i can do that if I need to :)

Driving around in a Ferrari sounds pretty awesome ;) I didn't do anything as glamorous on my holiday! Well..... maybe... I did get on a bus (a double decker) which had a sun roof... sooooooo..... Same thing really ;)

Lately... Not so much :(
    However, I'm hoping that once all my kit works, I'll be back on line more often.

I haven't been able to even send feedback into Armin etc as I can't use any of my equipment due to some hardware issues :(

My pedals should be here tomorrow though, I still need to replace a damper (I think/I'll try breaking it in first) my handbrake is "kind of" fixed as I noticed the problem was a faulty connection to the board. So I popped down to the electronics store, bought a connector, attached the new one to the cable, reconnected it, tested it, and all seems well (so fingers crossed)

So I should be back online next week, a meet up with the gang sounds great. I only have my XBO online for now, my PS4 is not on PSPlus yet, but i can do that if I need to :)

Driving around in a Ferrari sounds pretty awesome ;) I didn't do anything as glamorous on my holiday! Well..... maybe... I did get on a bus (a double decker) which had a sun roof... sooooooo..... Same thing really ;)
    Well hopefully it will all be worked out soon enough so you can enjoy your investment.

my GT on Xbox One is: transfix
  • Hi Nuno,

would you please clear out your issues with the Fanatec Support? This discussion is for new firmwares and drivers. Nobody will be able to help here if you do have a firmware issue so please...

@ Antoine
    Updating the CSP V3 when they are connected to the wheel base is definitely impossible. Would be great if you could take a video of problem in pCars and if you could narrow it down to a certain firmware. So far nobody has been able to reproduce that.
    Okay...Will send vid as soon as I'm able too!!! But perhaps Grimey is right and it only needs adjusting the new PCars sliders..ithinking back it was present in V219 fw 094 and also STILL with my XOne version of PCars.

I think you missed out reading my previous posting on again not being able to perform the fw 116 update with V226 on my borrowed Windows Vista home premium 32 bit edition. Get message: failed to download hex file again. And just now trying to update the V3 pedals with same laptop. Also not possible!! Error reading update file. So again dragging my home pc to my gameroom.
  • @Antoine: That would be very welcome...let's wait for patch 3.0 of Project Cars tho... ;)

There are a new "official" Firmware BETA in the download section from the Fanatec Website..... since yesterday afternoon. http://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-eu-eu.html#downloads

1) Yes, handbrake can be used on PC (See changelog from the new Firmware 226 BETA)

2) Really??? The FFB in Project Cars is much much better than in Forza 5.... if you have correct settings in Project Cars. In Forza 5 i have no dedicated feedback which makes the vehicle rear or front axle.

1) I will have a look at the changelog then...but what I really meant was the handbrake working on the XBox One...
    2) Yes really!! ;) The Force Feedback in Forza 5 just works right out of the box...might need a few minor tweaks to adjust the strength, but that's about it. Quite odd you don't feel a difference in front- or rear-wheel drive (I assume you meant that) since I could even feel torque steering with the frontwheel-drive mini (I rarely drive frontwheel-driven cars...)

We should really have a race on the XBox with all people here soon! Just imagine having a race on Spa after all the hotlapping we have been doing ;P