Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    @Antoine: That would be very welcome...let's wait for patch 3.0 of Project Cars tho... ;)

There are a new "official" Firmware BETA in the download section from the Fanatec Website..... since yesterday afternoon. http://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-eu-eu.html#downloads

1) Yes, handbrake can be used on PC (See changelog from the new Firmware 226 BETA)

2) Really??? The FFB in Project Cars is much much better than in Forza 5.... if you have correct settings in Project Cars. In Forza 5 i have no dedicated feedback which makes the vehicle rear or front axle.

1) I will have a look at the changelog then...but what I really meant was the handbrake working on the XBox One...
    2) Yes really!! ;) The Force Feedback in Forza 5 just works right out of the box...might need a few minor tweaks to adjust the strength, but that's about it. Quite odd you don't feel a difference in front- or rear-wheel drive (I assume you meant that) since I could even feel torque steering with the frontwheel-drive mini (I rarely drive frontwheel-driven cars...)

We should really have a race on the XBox with all people here soon! Just imagine having a race on Spa after all the hotlapping we have been doing ;P

I agree with a race at spa, that will be great :D
  • I wanted to ask if it will be possible to use the older wheels when streaming the games of the XBox One on the Computer, because I read in an article that users will be able to use their 360 controller. If you do not know this PLEASE test it, as it would probably also save you some Fanatec customers.

PS: I do not have any XBox One yet so I can not test this, but if it would be possible I would buy the One to play FH2 and FM6.
  • @Toon...no mate...it essential to do that before patch 3.0...so that you can feel the difference in the refinement SMS did to improve ffb feel.
    I'm doing the Clio cup on ps4 career now...it's soooo much fun...

And a race at Spa..I'm in!!!
  • Can we please have the "ACL" autoclutch function from the CSR Elite? It was very usefull for Forza Motorsport on the Xbox360. Really missing it on the Xbox One!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is the csw wheel base connected to xbox one a usb 2.0 or 3.0
  • edited August 2015
    Just see for XOne specifications Joseph...Google is your friend haha
    Anyone know what button combo to use to go from pc mode back to XOne mode with Fw 116 ? Double squares and X gives me PS3 mode and I can't seem to find the right combo.

Okay found it. You CAN use the double squares on the three button box, but you HAVE to use X,Y and B from the top box.
    Just see for XOne specifications Joseph...Google is your friend haha
    Anyone know what button combo to use to go from pc mode back to XOne mode with Fw 116 ? Double squares and X gives me PS3 mode and I can't seem to find the right combo.

Okay found it. You CAN use the double squares on the three button box, but you HAVE to use X,Y and B from the top box.
    Yeah but is the CSW v2 usb 3.0? I know X1 has 3.0 inputs
  • I think usb 2.0, because in the beginning of fw 094 there were some update problems when hooking the base to pc at the 3.0 port. BUT it's a GUESS
  • i am really annoyed about a change in FW 226:

"CHANGELOG CSW (V1 & V2) Firmware:

· BRF will not be shown anymore on CSW Base if CSP V3 are in manual calibration mode. BRF is for auto-calibration only!"

I cannot understand this change at all !!!
    auto-calibration is completely useless in the current setup. Even at 100 BRF you reach the maximum brake force by simply touching the pedal without force. I you diminish the BRF-Value it is getting even worse.

manual-calibration-mode is the only chance to get a good feeling for the brake. If BRF is no longer available in this calibration mode, I see no reason why I shoud keep the CSP V3.

Why do you make such changes which worsen the product by far? adjustability is the main reason to buy the V3. Why do you worsen this by eliminating the BRF-Adjustabilty in manual-calibration mode?

• I was wandering about the same thing...braking felt so much better when we could adjust that too!!!
    I think nobody uses auto calibration...hell I tried it in function test window...but the brake kept dancing up and down...so I had to do manual adjusting!!
  • Turning the BrfF to 100 on my pedals and i really have to Fullyl Push hard to get 100% Braking... you may need to check your pedals, your Game and wheel settings.
    Turning the BrfF to 100 on my pedals and i really have to Fullyl Push hard to get 100% Braking... you may need to check your pedals, your Game and wheel settings.

Yea, brf @100 and load cell at 2.5 makes my heels almost snap! :D
    Nat being the tester you are is the CSW v2 usb 3.0? Im trying to get a longer cable and want to make sure its going to be compatible
  • Turning the BrfF to 100 on my pedals and i really have to Fullyl Push hard to get 100% Braking... you may need to check your pedals, your Game and wheel settings.

did you make manual calibration? then this is normal and as it should be. You can diminish the brf-value to "protect " your heels. 

But in auto calibration you can push the brake pedal 2 cm and you have already the full brake force even at 100 BRF. There are many people complaining this  for example at virtual racing.

When will FANATEC solve this problem?
  • Nuno RamalhoNuno Ramalho Member
    edited August 2015
    I have it on auto cal, and in 3.0 on pedals and BrF 100 I make a hard pression for reach the total input. Its very good now.

But with this firmware (116), the pedals every time I power on ps4 and play, the ped was just reach 50% and the brake 30%..

I swith off the cable rj12 on the pedals (not in the base) in game and works and this issue desapears at all.

ps: make no sense in manual cal dont have this option BrF... (very importante for performance fast lap times)
    Nat being the tester you are is the CSW v2 usb 3.0? Im trying to get a longer cable and want to make sure its going to be compatible

I'm not 100% certain, however to the best of my knowledge its USB 2.0

We did have some issues when connecting the CSWv2 to USB 3.0 ports initially (which has now been resolved) but I believe the base is only registered as a USB 2.0 device :)
    edited August 2015
    Turning the BrfF to 100 on my pedals and i really have to Fullyl Push hard to get 100% Braking... you may need to check your pedals, your Game and wheel settings.

did you make manual calibration? then this is normal and as it should be. You can diminish the brf-value to "protect " your heels. 

But in auto calibration you can push the brake pedal 2 cm and you have already the full brake force even at 100 BRF. There are many people complaining this  for example at virtual racing.

Hi Marc

I didn't have a manual calibration, it was a default setup (auto calibration). I was using using firmware 112 on the pedals so it's possible that this is related to the newer firmware release, I will test this tomorrow and report back.

Edit
    I did encounter an issue where upon my pedals would only register 50% input on (PCars) even though they were fully depressed. However this was resolved by restarting the wheel and was only specific to PCars. I'll do some further testing tomorrow and compare both firmware.

Hi Marc

I didn't have a manual calibration, it was a default setup (auto calibration). I was using using firmware 112 on the pedals so it's possible that this is related to the newer firmware release, I will test this tomorrow and report back.

Edit
    I did encounter an issue where upon my pedals would only register 50% input on (PCars) even though they were fully depressed. However this was resolved by restarting the wheel and was only specific to PCars. I'll do some further testing tomorrow and compare both firmware.
    I have had that issue as well and like Nat said, restating the wheel while game is booted resolves the issue. Hopefully patch 3.0 solves it.
  • After I upgraded to new firmware today, on V3 pedals, I lost the BRF function and I have to push the brakes almost trough the rig to fully compress them...I kinda regret having them updated!!!
    How do I get them to auto calibrate ? I've tried the enable bla bla bla square on and off...but all I got was my brake output was dancing up and down, so I had to manually calibrate the brake!!
  • Fanaleds not working with the last beta drivers 226 and  firmware CSW_V2_Base_V116_rev550_boot_beta

[b]ClubSport Wheel Base V2 Servo EU
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR EU
    ClubSport Pedals V2 EU[/b]

Also detection of the full brake is 95% on the drivers test.
    @Antoine what ffb settings you running on PCars. Feel like messing with other variables to compare
    After I upgraded to new firmware today, on V3 pedals, I lost the BRF function and I have to push the brakes almost trough the rig to fully compress them...I kinda regret having them updated!!!
    How do I get them to auto calibrate ? I've tried the enable bla bla bla square on and off...but all I got was my brake output was dancing up and down, so I had to manually calibrate the brake!!

Hmmm, are you saying that if you leave the pedals as "default" (ie. don't try to "or" enable manual calibration) you lost the brf function?

This sounds like you have a manual calibration stored/cached somewhere, did you try re flashing the wheel (to removing all stored calibrations) and taking it from there?
  • I'll refash the pedals and wheel tomorrow IF I can find the time..or else the weekend.
    @Joseph, I'll contact you by XOne message to get you my ffb settings asap.
    edited August 2015
    I'll refash the pedals and wheel tomorrow IF I can find the time..or else the weekend.

I'll test my replacements tomorrow too when they arrive, and I'll let you know how it goes ;) I added you on PSN, however I've not updated my subscription so online racing is XBO only fir me until there is a reason to subscribe on the PS4 (ie. When they fix pcars) ;)
    I'll refash the pedals and wheel tomorrow IF I can find the time..or else the weekend.
    Thanks bud. We need to get the group of us some track time together once Nat gets her gear back.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks bud. We need to get the group of us some track time together once Nat gets her gear back.

Agreed!
    Fingers crossed my pedal issues will be resolved tomorrow, then I only have 1 damper issue left to resolve and apart from some minor niggles, I think that's it ;)
    So next week I'll be good to go (except for 1 damper) but that won't hold me back :P

Agreed!
    Fingers crossed my pedal issues will be resolved tomorrow, then I only have 1 damper issue left to resolve and apart from some minor niggles, I think that's it ;)
    So next week I'll be good to go (except for 1 damper) but that won't hold me back :P
    I might just need to pick up a damper for the accelerator.
    Project Cars Patch 3.0 for Xbox One is hitting the servers in less than 10min! 
  • edited August 2015
    Im Getting Random Issues with the New FW windows 7/644bit and on PS4 with PCars Where the Pedals only Reads Half Throttle/ Clutch/ Brakes.... it just randomly Happens when i plug the wheel in to the PC... I shut the wheel Off and power back on ithe Pedals Come back to Full Most of the time.... on PCars i Reloaded the game and wheel and it was ok again... it just happens at Random... any 1 else have this happen?
    EDIT: It has Happend a Few Times Since ive updated the Pedal FW with FW 226
    edited August 2015
    ImbGetting Random Issues with the New FW windows 7/644bit and on PS4 with PCars Where the Pedal only Reads Half Throttle/ Clutch/ Brakes.... it just randomly Happens when i plug the wheel in to the PC... I shut the wheel Off and power back on ithe Pedals Come back to Full Most of the time.... on PCars i Reloaded the game and wheel and it was ok again... it just happens at Random... any 1 else have this happen?

Hey bud. It is an issue with PCars. Gonna test it with the new 3.0 update to see if it's been resolved. I'm still on 223