Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Ok, thank you Antoine, I Will install the update reset the settings and remape the keys.
  • Just a questione Antoine, in pcars 2.0 the CSS 1.5 gear shifter is not inverted to you ( front is UP back is DOWN )?
    For me it is.

Maybe in 3.0 i don't have This issue.
  • edited August 2015
    You can adjust that in control settings.
  • Hum... Antoine de inverted shifting is just in the css 1.5 in the paddles is fine, strange.... but tomorow i will test it with 3.0.

And if i notice the same i tell you :) Thanks for the help.
  • I guess your right about the car specific idea. So why don't you just use the wheel paddles with GT3 cars and cars that IRL also use m. If you use a keyboard with your PS4 you can also assign buttons on the keyboard...that way you can turn auto clutch on and off. Works fine for me..I use the SQ V1.5 without any problems.
    Even with Auto Clutch on its still doesn't work with the gated shifter. I personally dont like using the paddle shifters on the wheel as i like a gated shifter and a clutch unless i am using open wheelers. I just went back to the old 205 FW and it works fine but i hope they fix it in future updates as i would like to have it optional and not be forced to drive with paddle shifters or sequential mode if I don't want to. Seeing as things worked fine with the old firmware i don't understand why they would change it.
  • Hello all the world, so here I have a little problem. Since I spent my W10 pc I can't connect my wheel (Forza motorsport csr). All worked well under W8.1. I have download the driver 222 but after how? Can you help me please
  • See page 2 of this topic. Delete driver 222 and install 223...that should do it!!
  • I download the driver of 223, after I run fanatec wheel property page, but still nothing, you need to install something else with? or make another manipulation? (the firmware of the steering wheel and the 756).
  • I'm out of solutions...Best contact the chat support via Fanatec home site...when they're online, you'll see a red button on the right side of the page!!
  • When I see the device connect, the steering wheel is recognized by my computer when I put usb mode but when I want to play, nothing happens :/

• I wanted to wait a couple of days before I made a comment
    about the 223-110 Beta driver/ firmware update.

I am PC user with windows 7-64. I installed the updates on Aug
    7 and have raced about 3 to 4 hours since the update. At first the fan noise
    from the side fan stopped. But now the noise came back and is also coming from
    the rear fan. 

• Xbox One / Forza 5 / 223-110 Beta: when the race starts the car must stand in first gear, but it stands
    in sixth gear at SQ, it works fine when using H-Shifter.
  • I cant seem to update the firmware!! It says Default Hex file loading failed!! What can I do??
  • Nuno RamalhoNuno Ramalho Member
    edited August 2015
    Antoine Goossens, ok now With update 3.0.

I reset ffb and this is what I mean...

Any solution for the CSS 1.5 work right and not inverted shifting?
  • my wheel keeps showing firmware 94
    is that correct?
  • Nuno, if I'm right that's the way it works in a real car. Push forward to go higher in gear and back to go down!! So my guess is that's correct and you must choose the invert shifting option in PCars!!

Grant, you must delete the old driver from your Pc, reinstall driver 223, found on page 2 posted by Armin Habermann, update thebase, calibrate center wheel. And it must show 110.
  • Thank you Antoine, but the correct way is back to go higher and foward to go down.

And If I invert in the options the paddles on the rim is inverted too :/

Like it shows in this vids the right way to shifiting... 

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited August 2015
    ;Nuno Ramalho 
    Assign/map the shifter properly in the game! Why are you not contacting the fanatec support team? Does the shifter show the right direction in the driver? On which platform are you driving pCars?

@ Duarte Nuno
    Use this driver to install the firmware update if the hex loading fails:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip
    There was a bug on some 32bit systems. The fix will be in the next beta/official driver.

• edited August 2015
    I don't know if the steering wheel paddles still work when you button map the shift up and down to the sequential shiffter ?
    Ah okay, in race cars it's different then. I remember when driving a Mercedes Sprinter semi automatic, for work a couple a years ago, we could also use a sequential shift mode...and that was like the SQ behaves now.
    To me...that actually feels more natural. Forward/Faster and Down/back to Slow down!!!
    I think that's something really personal!!!

@Armin, yes the sq mode is resembled in the right direction in the function test window.
  • ;Nuno Ramalho 
    Assign/map the shifter properly in the game! Why are you not contacting the fanatec support team? Does the shifter show the right direction in the driver? On which platform are you driving pCars?

@ Duarte Nuno
    Use this driver to install the firmware update if the hex loading fails:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/boofjnvxp16rpg8/2015.07.30-Fanatec_driver_223-Beta.zip
    There was a bug on some 32bit systems. The fix will be in the next beta/official driver.

Thank you Armin Habermann,

My platform is PS4.

And yes, like Antoine Goossens said, in test window is ok.
    In PS3 GT6 is ok too.

Just in Pcars is inverted, is someting with pcars drivers.

If i assign the correct way in sq SQ 1.5, the paddles no longer work at the same time of SQ. and than you assign one or another.

If you want again the paddles and SQ work at the same time, just reset settings and not assign any key in the gears.

I reported this issue about a month a go, but no body listening or report in my thread...
  • Nuno, if I'm right that's the way it works in a real car. Push forward to go higher in gear and back to go down!! So my guess is that's correct and you must choose the invert shifting option in PCars!!

Grant, you must delete the old driver from your Pc, reinstall driver 223, found on page 2 posted by Armin Habermann, update thebase, calibrate center wheel. And it must show 110.
    Thanks Antoine all sorted now
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hey :)

You don't "need" to select/load a HEX file manually, just use the one the driver defaults too ;)

Or if you want to manually select one, select the one with CSWv2 in the title as the others are for the Pedals etc ;) I can't seem to enlarge your picture so can't tell you exactly which one is which in your screen but the title should say it all.
  • fw which I take to update the csw v2 ?? thanks
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    @ Gianpy
    you do not have to select any hex file. it is pre-loaded automatically exactly as the updater tells you.
    @Armin Habermann
    With FW110, Static Shifter Paddles on shifter port 2 is still not recognized as LT/RT on Forza Motorsport 5.
    Additionally, I can't find any procedure to set CSWBv2(with universal hub for Xbox one) to PS3 mode.
    (Entering PC mode(select+Y) is OK, both backing to Xbox One(select+X) and entering to PS3 mode(select+B) doesn't work)
    It was tested here using FW 110 and the static shifter paddles worked flawless in Forza 5!? Did you have any other shifter connected at the same time? We are resolving those mode change issues with the next beta or final FW.
  • I wanted to know in practice when I plug the steering wheel bootloder I upload the hex file or put directly flasch firmware ?? and fw the charge alone ?? thanks
  • Why would Fanatec not FIRST develop a driver for win10 that contained the implements of 1.8.1?? sh
  • Gianpy, just click on connect, then flash firmware. No need to click on load hex file. JUST BE SURE YOU USED DRIVER V223 which is on page 2 of this topic, posted by Armin Habermann!!!
    With V222 the possibility exists that the hex file failed to download!!
  • Just a small note to say thanks to everyone in the thread! I have updated to Windows 10, used the 223 driver and my newly arrived Xbox One Universal Hub seems to be working fine on PC and Xbox One so far, I will test with PS4 shortly!

The other thing is to echo the request for the ACL option as per other Fanatec Wheels, this is for Auto-Clutch in games like Forza. I was quite surprised when Thrustmaster added this option to their TX Wheel sometime after release, and immediately improved all my leaderboard times. 

For anyone that doesn't know, in Forza, if you select Manual + Clutch as the gear shift option, then they allow you to use Button A as a 'digital' clutch and this makes for the fastest gearchange times. If you use the analog clutch ,or you just use 'manual' shift options, you get a significant penalty in terms of time.

This meant everyone high up the leaderboard uses the Button A Clutch method as it gains hundreds of milliseconds a lap, and the good thing with the 'ACL' wheel option was to just save you pressing A yourself which wears the button out and honestly requires no skill anyway..

I've been very impressed with support and commitment to development so far, so I hope this is considered at some point.

• Maybe it's an idea to post to T10 on FM.net...cause it's just complete BS to penalize people for something that's not realistic!!
    If you drive, for example a McLaren P1, the clutch ISN'T used...because that car has wheel paddles and semi automatic gearbox. So why penalize people who drive the cars like in real life.....it's SO OUT DATED!!
  • Maybe it's an idea to post to T10 on FM.net...cause it's just complete BS to penalize people for something that's not realistic!!
    If you drive, for example a McLaren P1, the clutch ISN'T used...because that car has wheel paddles and semi automatic gearbox. So why penalize people who drive the cars like in real life.....it's SO OUT DATED!!
    I don't disagree.

These are games, and I understand the compromises that sometimes need to be made, it's not black and white and I think it's been debated/discussed a lot over the years.

The bottom line is, there are 'reasons' they make that design decision that I understand and can live with. This is aside from that, Fanatec have been great in understanding this in the past, and where the first to adopt an ACL feature, now aped by thrustmaster. it allows maximum flexibility and just allows us to enjoy the games we play without having to over analyse particular compromises.