Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Natalie do you know what the Diff is between 1.8 .and 1.12 for the V3 Pedals???
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    Natalie do you know what the Diff is between 1.8 .and 1.12 for the V3 Pedals???

Officially I have no idea :-??

However, I suspect it was support and compatibility with the CSHB (as my HB compatibility improved after I updated) and (from Armins comments on here) some back end / fundamental code changes to the way the devices function/interact and communicate with each other, to ensure compatibility/functionality moving forward throughout the entire product range.

But officially, I have no idea, that's just a guess :)
  • Hmmmm... im gonna try FW 1.12 on my pedals and see if its as good as 1.8.... I will post my findings
    edited August 2015
    Its worth trying for sure, make sure you try it with multiple wheel base firmware too and let us know what you find :)

I went from running CSPv3 1.7 to 1.12 (CSWv2 FW110) and I noticed a definite improvement in communication between my CSHB and my CSPv3

Before the flash my HB would fluctuate and/or not register fully. After flash to 1.12 these issues were reduced. However, as stated, my pedals had an issue reading every pedal, so it could be purely coincidence due to an intermittent fault.

It's frustrating not having my Pedals here, as I love tinkering with my hardware and tracking down differences, changes, improvements etc. it's more fun than racing sometimes :D

Monday can't come fast enough! :D
  • Natalie - Yup wrong port for sure, you know how it is when setting something up you just bought...everything gets fluttered from pure excitement.

I feel as there may be a delay on my pedals so I will look up and update the firmware if it gets too annoying. I really want that ACL feature back, it seems stupid not having that feature for cars that are DSG for instance.
  • I liked the stock fw beter then the fw 1.12 for the pedals. I've gotta push my brakes so hard to reach full output, that the rumble motor scratched the brake housing of the pu foam...I hear it hitting the housing when spinning around, so I don't dare pushing in the brakes al the way.
  • edited August 2015
    FW 1.16 and 1.8 Feel Great together... Still Getting a Tad Bit of Random Brake Pedal input when Not pressung Brakes at All... i Wonder Whats Causimg that... Could it be FW Related Pedal/Wheel or Could it be the Pre Load Screw??? I Have set Mine to 1 and the Random Brake input has almost Completly Gone away... I will Reduce it More to 0 and see if it Stops completly...If thats the Reason for the Random Brake pedal behavior then whats the sense in Having that preload Screw because it causes problems... and Yes when its acting up you may Not Feel it but its Killing your Speed...Your Lap times will Suffer... I was Racing and People Kept Flying by me... One guy asked why i kept pushing my brakes on a Straight and it was then i Figured it out that yhe Brakes Random event was Happening again... This has to get fixed but if its a Hard ware issue dont see how it can be Fixed without New adjusted parts... Hhhmmm.

Edit: The Random Brake pedal input seems to be my only Problem with the 1.16 V2 Wheel & 1.8 V3 Pedal Combo... Seems the Higher i Set the Preload Screw the more Random Brake pedal input... I Have it Set at 1 Now the Brakes still feel Good and the Spines are less im going to Reduce pre load even More and see if it completly Stops... Any 1 else notice the Highwr the Preload the More Random.Brake events you get.

• Driver 226 / FW 116 _ issue with Fanaleds (win7/64)
    Receveid my CSP V3 pedals, updated newest FW 116 with driver 226.
    Now I have an issue in combination with the use of FanaLEDs, wich means
    - starting FanaLEDs = starts as normal, desktop windows opens
    - you can choose the game inside FanaLEDs, e.g. "Assetto Corsa"
    - starting CSW base V2
    - FanaLEDs destop window shut down (closes) = no further settings possible (e.g. "Hardware" to determine your personal wheel display) 
    - FanaLEDs shut down (FanaLEDs process ends as you can see in task manager)

Issue is confirmed by several members of my German Assetto Corsa community using CSW V2 with FanaLEDs.
    Any idea a/o help!?
    Thx in advance!
  • A couple of pages back, Armin Habermann (Fanatec employé), already mentioned this is a known problem...just use the search option, above right, on 'Fanaleds' and you'll know what's up.

• Ok now I'm curious here, what happened to the good old Auto Clutch feature (ACL)??? I miss that :( right now I get a huge delay on shifting with the paddle shifters like a shift without clutch, and it bounces off the rev limiter before shifting.
    You need to change from "manual with clutch" to just "manual" in game assists.
    I hope they bring ACL back for forza for us paddle users.
  • @Natalie, how do you manage to update the V3s manually...cause, for example now, I reinstalled my base with fw116 out of driver 226. I also tried to load the hex file to know which one was for the base. And saved them in a separate folder.
    Then I deleted, to be sure, V226 and installed V222, did the fw 1.8 downgrade on the pedals. Played around with pressure screw, signal resistance slider and auto calibration.
    And then decided I wanted to see if the values of pressure would be the same, so I started up the V3 update window, wanted to choose the hex file from V226 again, manually...but got the: error failed to load hex file message ????
    edited August 2015
    FW 1.16 and 1.8 Feel Great together... Still Getting a Tad Bit of Random Brake Pedal input when Not pressung Brakes at All... i Wonder Whats Causimg that... Could it be FW Related Pedal/Wheel or Could it be the Pre Load Screw??? I Have set Mine to 1 and the Random Brake input has almost Completly Gone away... I will Reduce it More to 0 and see if it Stops completly...If thats the Reason for the Random Brake pedal behavior then whats the sense in Having that preload Screw because it causes problems... and Yes when its acting up you may Not Feel it but its Killing your Speed...Your Lap times will Suffer... I was Racing and People Kept Flying by me... One guy asked why i kept pushing my brakes on a Straight and it was then i Figured it out that yhe Brakes Random event was Happening again... This has to get fixed but if its a Hard ware issue dont see how it can be Fixed without New adjusted parts... Hhhmmm.

Edit: The Random Brake pedal input seems to be my only Problem with the 1.16 V2 Wheel & 1.8 V3 Pedal Combo... Seems the Higher i Set the Preload Screw the more Random Brake pedal input... I Have it Set at 1 Now the Brakes still feel Good and the Spines are less im going to Reduce pre load even More and see if it completly Stops... Any 1 else notice the Highwr the Preload the More Random.Brake events you get.

Hey G, this was one of the issues I reported with my pedals. The more pre load I added = more random brake input. My brake was constantly reading between 1 and 5% and sometimes fluctuating up to 40% application even though they were never being touched. The only way to stop it, was to actually PULL the actual pedal "back" toward myself a fraction. have you tried that?
    @Natalie, how do you manage to update the V3s manually...cause, for example now, I reinstalled my base with fw116 out of driver 226. I also tried to load the hex file to know which one was for the base. And saved them in a separate folder.
    Then I deleted, to be sure, V226 and installed V222, did the fw 1.8 downgrade on the pedals. Played around with pressure screw, signal resistance slider and auto calibration.
    And then decided I wanted to see if the values of pressure would be the same, so I started up the V3 update window, wanted to choose the hex file from V226 again, manually...but got the: error failed to load hex file message ????

Hey Antonine,
    The process I use is the following: (this is from memory as I'm not at my PC)
    Connect Pedals to PC via USB
    Load driver 222
    Flash Pedals
    Close Driver
    Disconnect Pedals

Attach Wheel Base to PC via USB
    Load driver 222
    Navigate to the update tab
    Select Flash firmware
    Navigate to the "load Hex" tab
    Navigate to the windows directory that you have placed the hex file (make sure it's the correct hex)
    Flash

I'll double check my working against my base when I get a chance but that should be pretty close. If you have any issues you can try overwriting the hex in "C:\program files\fanatec\fanatec wheel" location and do it that way too ;)
    And you should be good to go ;)

The V3 doesn't allow manual loading of the HEX file, ONLY the wheel currently supports that.
    So the V3 driver will pick the "default" hex file fir the CSPv3 in the location posted above for the pedals ;)

So you can either, just overwrite the file in the location, or only update your pedals/driver based on pedal revision and update the wheel manually, from there..

Eg.
    You could keep the PC on Driver 222 (because that has CSPv3 firmware 1.8) but extract the updated wheel base hex from future drivers (more recent drivers) and manually update your base firmware using that ;)

Or you could keep updating drivers, move to 226 BUT overwrite the CSPv3 hex in that driver "c:\program files\fanatec\fanatec wheel" with hex 1.8 (or whatever) and this will be the firmware loaded into the pedals when you chose to update them.

Etc :)
  • A couple of pages back, Armin Habermann (Fanatec employé), already mentioned this is a known problem...just use the search option, above right, on 'Fanaleds' and you'll know what's up.

Thx Antoine!

• Hi All ,

I am about to receive my very first Fanatec Product ! the Clubsport V3 Pedals , so I have a few Beginner's doubts :

1) Which Driver should I Download (V219   or  V226 Beta) , I am running Windows 8 64 bit

2) will the default firmware work fine or should update ??

3) what is all the "Hex file" things ?? ... I don't need to mess about with these right ??

Thank you !!  

edited August 2015
    Hey Niranjan,

Welcome to the Fanatec Family :)

1 - To be honest, both of those drivers should be absolutely fine, I would try the stable (219) driver first and see how you go, if all is well, keep on driving and enjoy your hardware :)

2 - The default firmware should work perfectly fine out of the box. You only need to update your base if you are experiencing compatibility issues, want to apply bug fixes and/or for adding new features when they are released.

Out of the box your hardware will work perfectly fine. If you don't notice any issues, there is no harm in sticking with the most stable driver/firmware revision for you :)

3 - Don't worry about the hex files ;) We all really enjoy tinkering, testing, fault finding, bug reporting, compatibility testing etc etc etc. If all you want to do, is simply use your awesome new fanatec hardware right out the box, you can simply "set it and forget it" :)

Hope that helps, and I hope your delivery arrives soon as the hardware is superb and looks stunning :)
  • Hey Niranjan,

Welcome to the Fanatec Family :)

1 - To be honest, both of those drivers should be absolutely fine, I would try the stable (219) driver first and see how you go, if all is well, keep on driving and enjoy your hardware :)

2 - The default firmware should work perfectly fine out of the box. You only need to update your base if you are experiencing compatibility issues, want to apply bug fixes and/or for adding new features when they are released.

Out of the box your hardware will work perfectly fine. If you don't notice any issues, there is no harm in sticking with the most stable driver/firmware revision for you :)

3 - Don't worry about the hex files ;) We all really enjoy tinkering, testing, fault finding, bug reporting, compatibility testing etc etc etc. If all you want to do, is simply use your awesome new fanatec hardware right out the box, you can simply "set it and forget it" :)

Hope that helps, and I hope your delivery arrives soon as the hardware is superb and looks stunning :)
    Thank you Natalie !! :D .... Iv been a long time sim racer so im Eager to test my new toy ;) .. it is supposed to arrive Tomorrow !! Its been a bit of an exercise to get it to ship to this part of the world, so fingers crossed , everything will work out well ...I will report soon :)
  • And if you've got trouble updating your V3 pedals...we're all here to help!!
  • All the love is almost sickening. Lol
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited August 2015

Excuse my ignorance, but why are we downloading the V223 version from Armin on mediafire rather than V222 version from Thomas (Fanatec blog link)? Surely he should have this in OP if this version is correct.

Just checked download page again.....seems V226Beta is the latest version.

Still on V219 due to windows 10 screwing up the properties page on my pc. (wont open). Wheel works fine still though.

• Anybody figure out how to tune out the wheel from forcefully slapping back n forth ? At 5mph if I let the steering wheel go at an angle or whatever it starts going crazy and hard to fight or get straight.

• @Khashy, what game?

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015
    I give up
  • LoL FM5 and Horizon 2...I've tried a few options and it gets better but nothing gets rid of it. The only time it's not there is when the steering wheel resets and loses it's settings.
  • A Khashy, somewhere , maybe on the pedal discussion a member posted his wheel settings , they seem to work well. I 'd tried to copy and paste them ... but as you can see failure...
  • okay ,

Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE    page 13

edited August 2015
    All the love is almost sickening. Lol
    It's such a relaxing place now, I feel like I'm in a room with my close friends :)

Are you wanting some love too Chris?....
    Here you go, have a big kiss and hug from all of us ... :-* mwah mwah mwah

:D

Hit like to send some love to Chris ;) :D

Get back on here!
    Where have you been lately? :D

Excuse my ignorance, but why are we downloading the V223 version from Armin on mediafire rather than V222 version from Thomas (Fanatec blog link)? Surely he should have this in OP if this version is correct.

Just checked download page again.....seems V226Beta is the latest version.

Still on V219 due to windows 10 screwing up the properties page on my pc. (wont open). Wheel works fine still though.

Hey David, the idea of multiple drivers and revisions is to cover different configurations etc. You can pick which ever driver works best on your system (Win7/8/10) Etc and only update what is needed.

For example if you only use a CSPv2 and CSWv2 on Win 7 you may not "need" to update from 219 yet.
    If you are using a CSPv3 and CSWv2 on win8 you might be fine with driver 219/222
    If you have CSPv3 / CSWv2 / CSHB in win 10 you may need to grab 223/226

You don't "need" to update but fanatec have left a selection of drivers available to cover the platforms and configurations most users have.

Depending on your setup, you might be perfectly fine on 223 and staying there until the next stable (non beta) is released :)

I recommend to everyone, to find a "base" recommended driver/firmware setup that is best for you, and stick with it until the next stable. The beta may introduce bugs, so if you don't "need" to upgrade, don't worry :)

If you are having problems, drop a post in here, as I'm sure someone will be able to help/give advice, provide a work around or give advice on the firmware/settings/driver that they find most stable, with a similar setup and platform environment ;)
  • Thanks for the advice Nat.

The problem I am having is that the properties page wont open in windows 10.{get a error page with Windows Shell Common D11(or Dll) is not responding)}. Then I get a follow up message that says First time set up on usb port - use admin permissions! Was all working ok before Windows 10 update.

Plus lost the led/shift display in pCars. Not sure if its a Fanatec problem or the pCars update though. 

Wheel works ok, but have a chirping noise (power supply problem I have been told). Not sure if V223 would fix it. Not sure how long its been going on as use headphones. The other half told me about it the other week..lol.

Getting the feeling I should have stuck with a TM TX.

• Thanks for the advice Nat.

The problem I am having is that the properties page wont open in windows 10.{get a error page with Windows Shell Common D11(or Dll) is not responding)}. Then I get a follow up message that says First time set up on usb port - use admin permissions! Was all working ok before Windows 10 update.

Plus lost the led/shift display in pCars. Not sure if its a Fanatec problem or the pCars update though. 

Wheel works ok, but have a chirping noise (power supply problem I have been told). Not sure if V223 would fix it. Not sure how long its been going on as use headphones. The other half told me about it the other week..lol.

Getting the feeling I should have stuck with a TM TX.

Hello David,

Haven't seen you or your better half for awhile. Nice to have you back. My advice is to contact customer service. The fastest method is the live chat. You may be asked to submit a video if they aren't able to solve it. The video submission actually serves to help the community also. Our tech support can fix the issue for you and determine if it's a isolated issue or a issue that may affect others. You not only fix your issue but aid the rest of us too.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here also as the community has helped each other many times. But with your current issue I'd go to CS. Thanks for rejoining us!
  • There is still one issue, that has never been adressed from FANATEC and I can't understand why:
    When I set the WheelBase to PS3 mode, there is NO reason to set it back to normal mode after restart. If I have a PS3 connected, I still have it the next day when I come back. Why can't this setting be stored permanently until willingly set back by the user?
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited August 2015

Have fixed the driver properties problem by deleting and re installing V219 driver. The windows 10 / win 7 updated pc (gaming) I had to run in compatibility mode, but the win 8.1 laptop version ran ok when tested it on that (also running Win 10).
    Cured the non wheel led/gear display now I can access the properties page as well.

Just emailed CS with the above problems just wait to see about the chirping low volume multi tone noise. The mrs reckons it sounds like "The mice playing the mouse organ on Bagpuss" ............mmmm not sure that would be a good description for CS..lol.