Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Have fixed the driver properties problem by deleting and re installing V219 driver. The windows 10 / win 7 updated pc (gaming) I had to run in compatibility mode, but the win 8.1 laptop version ran ok when tested it on that (also running Win 10).
    Cured the non wheel led/gear display now I can access the properties page as well.

Just emailed CS with the above problems just wait to see about the chirping low volume multi tone noise. The mrs reckons it sounds like "The mice playing the mouse organ on Bagpuss" ............mmmm not sure that would be a good description for CS..lol.
    I too am experiencing this chirping noise that you speak of. I've had my CSWv2 for 2 months and last week the noise became constant. I contacted CS and they advised me to update the firmware. I have only macs at home so had to take my wheel to work to update haha! Anyway, once firmware 116 was updated the noise stopped instantly. However, it came back after a 30 min session, although at a much lower volume. I would be very keen to know if others are experiencing this issue and whether it's firmware related.
  • dan poppodan poppo Member
    edited August 2015

Thanks for the advice Nat.

The problem I am having is that the properties page wont open in windows 10.{get a error page with Windows Shell Common D11(or Dll) is not responding)}. Then I get a follow up message that says First time set up on usb port - use admin permissions! Was all working ok before Windows 10 update.

Plus lost the led/shift display in pCars. Not sure if its a Fanatec problem or the pCars update though. 

Wheel works ok, but have a chirping noise (power supply problem I have been told). Not sure if V223 would fix it. Not sure how long its been going on as use headphones. The other half told me about it the other week..lol.

Getting the feeling I should have stuck with a TM TX.

i had the same problem. after a week with customer support we could not get the wheel properties page to play nice after my win10 update. in desperation i completely deleted all fanatic fw, including the fanatec wheel property page. reinstalled the fanatec wheel property page,  dowloaded and installed version 223. all is now good. give it a try
  • I always remove the Fanatac driver, through 'programs and software' page, to be sure no bugs are there with the new driver.
  • Yeah, followed your advice Kain and always remove driver from pc first before adding new package.

Waiting to hear from CS before updating to V222 / V223 or V226. As the wheel is working ok now apart from the chirping noise now.

• Can you point out where it's comming from...servos, fan...something else?
  • Hello fellows Fanatecs. I'd just like to say that it's very refreshing to see all the positive interaction on the site now. Everyone is trying to help each other and help us (Fanatec) find and fix issues in a constructive manner. Keep up the good work and I wish everyone a great and safe weekend! Race on
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If the whole world were Sim Racers it would be a better Place.
    Now that the rotten apple has been removed there's nothing to be angry over anymore!!! Hope he's happy...all alone...with his master race... LMAO
    I just have to say something here, you were the huge troll here Antoine. Do I need to cut and paste your posts here? You seem to have forgotten your posts already? I doubt anyone on the Master Race is playing alone 32 players compared to 16 and all.

I think this site has a double standard which was proven when you weren't banned. I'd be surprised if that guy ever buys a Fanatec product again when it lets people like you get a free pass with your mouthy childish comments littering multiple threads. Like a little child you try to act as if you did nothing, who do you think you're fooling anyways?
  • edited August 2015

Have fixed the driver properties problem by deleting and re installing V219 driver. The windows 10 / win 7 updated pc (gaming) I had to run in compatibility mode, but the win 8.1 laptop version ran ok when tested it on that (also running Win 10).
    Cured the non wheel led/gear display now I can access the properties page as well.

Just emailed CS with the above problems just wait to see about the chirping low volume multi tone noise. The mrs reckons it sounds like "The mice playing the mouse organ on Bagpuss" ............mmmm not sure that would be a good description for CS..lol.
    I too am experiencing this chirping noise that you speak of. I've had my CSWv2 for 2 months and last week the noise became constant. I contacted CS and they advised me to update the firmware. I have only macs at home so had to take my wheel to work to update haha! Anyway, once firmware 116 was updated the noise stopped instantly. However, it came back after a 30 min session, although at a much lower volume. I would be very keen to know if others are experiencing this issue and whether it's firmware related.
    Yes, for me too. That began with a fan noise, from the left side (when you have wheel in front of you). I received mine there's 4 months, and it appeared around 3 or 4 weeks after... So, updated CSWV2 to fw 110 and it fixe this issu. But just before I updated to fw 116, a new fan noise appeared, in the rear fan (it seems), and more louder than the first noise. Fw 116 change nothing, I constantly had this frightful noise after 20 or 30 minutes of driving. Just like in the video of  Toni Cardoso Cardoso  , here :

I'm so disappointed about that, it's realy unconfortable to hear. Perhaps is there something to do by removing the rear capo, I don't now  :o(
    And sorry for my english  ;o))
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015

@ Arnaud,  Did you send that video to Customer support?  if not I would do so.  Is it present only when the fan is running ? or constantly? a while back Grimey cautioned about using compressed air to clean dust out of the fan because it unseats the fan. might want to check that . For sure my unit does not do that.  And your English is just fine.  

• edited September 2015
    Question... Is there a pedal FW that Does Not Have the Random Brake Spikes??? im Stll on FW 1.8 ( Driver 222) Feels Great until the Brake Pedal Spikes Start...is FW 1.12 any better with the Brake Pedal Random Spike issue??? Also Ive Noticed that pressing the Clutch and the Brake at the same time will also cause the Random Brake Pedal Spike or Irratic Brake input to begin to happen... Can Some one test and confirm this behavior.

EDIT: Since the Random Brake Pedal Spikes seem to be caused by the Pre Load Screw... Sseems that maybe a FW with on the Wheel Brake Dead Zone (BDZ) maybe Needed to cure the issue... The Brake Pedal is Super Sensitive and im Fine with that i just want the Random Brake spikes to go away, Screws up the car tuning Screen and Kills Lap Times when it keeps putting your brakes
    on and you dont even know... I Like 0 Dead Zone in game for all my Settings.
  • Grimey, in the PEDAL function window, set the signal resistance sliders one or two clicks up...that did it for me!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Pedals arrived, but I never got started on them as I was working late :)
    Going to get them finished today (hopefully) and test some variations of firmware out ;)
  • ANDREA AVELLAANDREA AVELLA Member
    edited September 2015

I play project cars on ps4 ... I can upgrade to v226beta my csw v1 i have PCs with Win8?
  • Yes Andrea, you can do a firmware upgrade for your CSW V1
  • Grimey, in the PEDAL function window, set the signal resistance sliders one or two clicks up...that did it for me!
    Hiw dies that work??? I thought that function was PC only... So if i set manual Calibration for Pedals on the PC it Locks in and Carrys over to PS4???

• See page 24 of the V3 manual. Leave checkbox for manual calibration open and the slider appears. Slide 2 clicks up andp press and depress every pedal so the auto calibration takes affect. Hook m up to your ps4 and it's fixed. I bet your braking can become even more consistent now!!!
  • See page 24 of the V3 manual. Leave checkbox for manual calibration open and the slider appears. Slide 2 clicks up andp press and depress every pedal so the auto calibration takes affect. Hook m up to your ps4 and it's fixed. I bet your braking can become even more consistent now!!!

What FW Do you Have on your pedals??? and what Driver# Do i get that Pedal FW from
  • It's supposed to be in the fw from driver version 222 and up. I've got fw 1.8 out of driver version 222 on my pedals...BUT I've got some REAL strange things happening in PCars on the XOne with exactly the same fw setup!! So I'm gonna try fw 1.12 out of driver V223 and V226 (they've both got fw 1.12 in m)
    Hiw dies that work??? I thought that function was PC only... So if i set manual Calibration for Pedals on the PC it Locks in and Carrys over to PS4???

Yes Grimey, I have mines callibrated manual in PC with CSW V2 Firmware 110 ( and have the BrF option.)

And I have any issues since that
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It's supposed to be in the fw from driver version 222 and up. I've got fw 1.8 out of driver version 222 on my pedals...BUT I've got some REAL strange things happening in PCars on the XOne with exactly the same fw setup!! So I'm gonna try fw 1.12 out of driver V223 and V226 (they've both got fw 1.12 in m)
    I went back to V223 as it was much more stable than 226.
    Pedals are built (my word are they time consuming) :)
    So my new pedals are much better. Clutch works right out of the box (without the need to strip it).
    Pedals are not loose or bent and appear to be seated correctly. Overall I am satisfied with the build of these pedals.

I decided to quickly test them on the default firmware and... Interestingly, I have very few issues with it. everything, just seems to work as expected. It's relatively bug free out of the box. So I will progressively update them and record all changes i notice.

Dampers:
    One of my dampers is definitely faulty. There is a huge disparity between them, one is very weak, the other is super strong, and it's the strong/heavy damper (both set to 0) that makes a "clicking" noise (as shown in the video.) when in use. So I'll need to get that sorted next.

On a positive note, I was able to quickly test my rims :D
    The drift rim looks amazing on the base, the leather feels great and it's nice to have that wheel slipping through your hands on the track. It's a great looking wheel, and felt great on the stockcar and gave a new sensation when driving that wa very positive and pleasurable. I may use this as my default rim. Driving the Clio with a round rim allowed me to really spin the wheel and get the car round the corners without hitting the flat bottom of the GT rim as I sometimes do. The build if that "rim" is on par with the Porsche "rim" excluding all buttons/electronics etc. but it "feels" as good quality.

Then I tested my Prototype Rim!
    Wow! Now I'm a big fan of my F1 Carbon Rim, but this little thing is incredible.
    It's so small and light and perfect for my tiny hands. It feels spectacular and completely immersed me in the LMP cars! The power that the base is able to omit when that wheel is attached, is intense.

I think I'll very likely use it more than the F1 Rim, as it feels more suitable for more vehicle type, love it :)

Now I want the BMW Rim and the Oval rim as i see that it's 3cm larger in diameter! That must be like a bus wheel! So I've gotta grab one to try out on the classics :)

I'll do some more firmware testing tomorrow (off to watch Extant) however thought I'd update you quickly on the default firmware, new pedals, wheel rims and dampers :)

• edited September 2015
    Hello fellows Fanatecs. I'd just like to say that it's very refreshing to see all the positive interaction on the site now. Everyone is trying to help each other and help us (Fanatec) find and fix issues in a constructive manner. Keep up the good work and I wish everyone a great and safe weekend! Race on
    I was thinking the same thing.
    If the whole world were Sim Racers it would be a better Place.
    Now that the rotten apple has been removed there's nothing to be angry over anymore!!! Hope he's happy...all alone...with his master race... LMAO
    I just have to say something here, you were the huge troll here Antoine. Do I need to cut and paste your posts here? You seem to have forgotten your posts already? I doubt anyone on the Master Race is playing alone 32 players compared to 16 and all.

I think this site has a double standard which was proven when you weren't banned. I'd be surprised if that guy ever buys a Fanatec product again when it lets people like you get a free pass with your mouthy childish comments littering multiple threads. Like a little child you try to act as if you did nothing, who do you think you're fooling anyways?
    Antoine got his warning offline, and it sufficed to remove the real troublecauser. That is all that needs to be said about it and it doesn't need any more discussion, things have moved on and forward since then.
  • Natalie...to me it also feels like the default fw on the V3 was the best of all. Weird but true...
  • What was the Default FW Antoine??? 205??? To me 205 and 226 feel the Best... Im Still Searching for the best Pedal Fw... Im on 1.8 Now feels great besides the Random Brake pedal Spikes.
  • On the Xbox One, why can you make actually no changes values FOR, SPR and DPR in the menu on the V2 Base. On the old CSR steering wheel you could add at least SPR and DPR. Is that only on the games and the system itself or rather is it a problem of the firmware from Fanatec itself?

The Force Feedback in the Forza 6 demo is not bad but far away from "really good". SPR and DPR would allow at least significant improvements.
    edited September 2015
    What was the Default FW Antoine??? 205??? To me 205 and 226 feel the Best... Im Still Searching for the best Pedal Fw... Im on 1.8 Now feels great besides the Random Brake pedal Spikes.
    Hey G :)
    I posted it earlier, default delivery firmware was/is 1.7 ;)

It doesn't actually appear to be available to the end user in the drivers available on the site, however, it may be present in one of our earlier beta driver packages, so I'll have a look for it, as I would like to return to this firmware after testing as it seems really quite stable for me.
    On the Xbox One, why can you make actually no changes values FOR, SPR and DPR in the menu on the V2 Base. On the old CSR steering wheel you could add at least SPR and DPR. Is that only on the games and the system itself or rather is it a problem of the firmware from Fanatec itself?

The Force Feedback in the Forza 6 demo is not bad but far away from "really good". SPR and DPR would allow at least significant improvements.

I believe that's a restriction of the XBO.
    This was one of the main features I really missed having on the wheel, during the initial XBO testing period. It was stated that those values are not currently user adjustable, due to system restrictions (XBO).

Perhaps with all the changes MS are making to the controller etc, it's possible we may see this opened up as well?
  • On the Xbox One, why can you make actually no changes values FOR, SPR and DPR in the menu on the V2 Base. On the old CSR steering wheel you could add at least SPR and DPR. Is that only on the games and the system itself or rather is it a problem of the firmware from Fanatec itself?

I believe that's a restriction of the XBO.
    This was one of the main features I really missed having on the wheel, during the initial XBO testing period. It was stated that those values are not currently user adjustable, due to system restrictions (XBO).

Perhaps with all the changes MS are making to the controller etc, it's possible we may see this opened up as well?

Hey Natalie!

I hope so. Currently, Forza 6 uses only a fraction of what the V2 Base could do. Microsoft told in the past something of considerably better implementations for steering wheels. :(

Would be terrific if Fanatec could change something in the future. If it is at all possible.

• Uuuugh!!! Ive tried all the Pedal FW and they all seem to be unstable with Random Brake Spikes!!! 1.12 seems to be more stable than 1.8... I havent tried Flashing Driver 219 pedal FW to pedals yet i will try that when i get in from work...I tried 222, 223 & 226 so far. I hope 219 has the 1.7 for the pedals... Yhe original Pedal FW i dont recall having Brake spike issues.... Has any one tried flashing 219 to the V3 pedals.... its a long shot but i wonder if 205 has v3 pedal FW???...Im using FW 116 on the wheel and it feels Great!!! The Problem is using that FW i cant use the Manual Pedal Calibration to get Rid of the FFB Spikes because you loose the BrF feature and the Brake pedal is just Not Sensitive enough if you dont have BrF... I keep my Brf at default 3... I dont want to have to Fully Press the Brakes to get 100% Braking Force. Uuuugh what to do what to do??? any 1 have any Ideas???
  • Natalie if you find 1.7 can you let me know where to find it :-B
    edited September 2015
    I forgot 219 was on the site, I have 218 and jumped straight to 222 after that I think :D
    It very well could be in that driver bundle.

The CSPv3 firmware file contained within 219 is different from the hex file contained within driver 222 ;)

222 registers as 1.8 and as there are differences in file size/modified dates etc between those two hex files, it's a good bet that 219 does indeed have 1.7 ;)

I currently have 1.7 and 110 and it's working very stable for me.
    I would recommend this to anyone who is experiencing any issues. I can't check if 219 has 1.7 at the moment, but just flash it and see, I'm assuming it will ;)
  • I always down load all FW to my PC even if o dont plan to use it because you Never Know... :-B