Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• i dont think FW 219 is up there any more
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I think it's under the CSW section ;)
  • I leave my contribution after trying all fw. And go crazy with the evidence. For users of ps4 Project CARS able to play without any problems. These are my settings:

CSW v2: Driver Version: 223 firmware version : 110.

CSP V3: DV: 219. Fv: 1.8.

I tried each and with this configuration is the only one I can play ps4 smoothly. I hope I have helped someone.

A greeting
  • Has any 1 Tried the FM6 Demo??? Is it that Bad??? i have Heard No Buzzz about it :)]
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2015
    Has any 1 Tried the FM6 Demo??? Is it that Bad??? i have Heard No Buzzz about it :)]

Not tried it on the wheel yet (pad), but I will give a blast at some point this week hopefully :)
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

Grimey , I did and the force feed back is real good ... the V2/V3 combo is just about as close to plug and play as you can get.....  See the pedal thread ... well why not brag a bit here as well....  put an Indy car P2 on the leaderboard [for about an hour] ..... lots of rumble as the tires lose grip ... left game setting at default and could go from soft input to earthquake just by manipulating the wheel settings ... still no DRR ,SPR,FOR....  brake and throttle pedal rumble was hard to feel , but there was plenty of brake and wheel spin transmitted through the wheel ... and the sloppy wheel in the center was not present after a bit of tuning on the wheel .... seemed like you needed to restart the wheel however to get the adjustments to apply. 

As for FM6.... graphics are a bit better [or my imagination is] , still don't like the engine noise being overwhelmed by other cars on track.  the rain is, well challenging  you now not only need to learn the apex and braking zones .. but where the water puddles are, causing you to hydro plane ... not enough to tell if "arcade" overwhelms sim.

• I think V219 has got 1.7 in it...remember all the fuzz about the new V3s before they were OFFICIALLY announced..somebody did extract all files and found a V3 hex file and picture in m.

We're stuck with limited button mapping due to M$ button protocol...and those geniusus also felt the need to change the ffb protocol for the controller....which left us with less option to perfectionise ffb feel for ourselves.

Fm6...just like FM5...more of the same...and graphics on demo don't even come close to the new trailer....
    Also, first intro race made me feel like I stepped right into fH6. Female intro voice...crowds screaming etc..
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited September 2015
    FM6. Took about 4-5 hours to download the demo (from my dead slow ISP). I fell asleep after 4 hours and checking from time to time. Was at 75% after 4 hours. When I woke up from my nap, it was there. My CSP Elite pedals are pooched, again, so I couldn't test with the wheel. I used the controller, which I am absolutely useless with. Any way, it looks good, sounds okay. Just ran the first race to scoop the Ford GT gift. Had to hang up the controller. I can't wait for the new V3 pedals. I haven't been able to offer any input here about the beta FW versions, because I have not yet received the V3 pedals. Will do once they are delivered and installed. In the mean time, I have read EVERY post on all the threads over the last many months. I check in here daily. You guys are doing a great job. Thanks to everyone! 
  • Has any 1 Tried the FM6 Demo??? Is it that Bad??? i have Heard No Buzzz about it :)]
    It is probably one of the best demos ever for any game. Though it doesnt save wheel settings between restarts and the first race can only be done with default settings, 100% force feedback is hard to drive. Otherwise after initial race 4 other races including a rain and night race. the puddle physics feel really good. Then you unlock 4 rivals time trials. I have not been very fast though, coming off project cars physics I am still adjusting. 
    It is probably one of the best demos ever for any game. Though it doesnt save wheel settings between restarts and the first race can only be done with default settings, 100% force feedback is hard to drive. Otherwise after initial race 4 other races including a rain and night race. the puddle physics feel really good. Then you unlock 4 rivals time trials. I have not been very fast though, coming off project cars physics I am still adjusting. 
  • edited September 2015
    I think V219 has got 1.7 in it...remember all the fuzz about the new V3s before they were OFFICIALLY announced..somebody did extract all files and found a V3 hex file and picture in m.

We're stuck with limited button mapping due to M$ button protocol...and those geniusus also felt the need to change the ffb protocol for the controller....which left us with less option to perfectionise ffb feel for ourselves.

Fm6...just like FM5...more of the same...and graphics on demo don't even come close to the new trailer....
    Also, first intro race made me feel like I stepped right into fH6. Female intro voice...crowds screaming etc..
    219 has 1.8 in it:.. i just tried it... i even tried 205 no luck there either.
    :-q
  • DAMN too bad!!
    Armin...is there a way to get the driver version with fw 1.7 for the V3 pedals in it ? It felt so much better as the current beta ones, please ???
  • edited September 2015
    DAMN too bad!!
    Armin...is there a way to get the driver version with fw 1.7 for the V3 pedals in it ? It felt so much better as the current beta ones, please ???
    i second this request for the CSP v3  1.7 FW until Fanatec is ready to release a New More Stable V3 Pedal FW... Every version available Now has Random issues with 1 or All 3 pedals and its ruining my Racing experience.

FW 1.7 was very stable at least from what i experienced when using it... i would NEVER have upgraded the FW had i known these other FW had sooo much unstable behavior... we ask for FW 1.7 until a proper Pedal FW solution is Ready.  

Thank you and Best Regards
  • DAMN too bad!!
    i second this request for the CSP v3  1.7 FW until Fanatec is ready to release a New More Stable V3 Pedal FW... Every version available Now has Random issues with 1 or All 3 pedals and its ruining my Racing experience.

FW 1.7 was very stable at least from what i experienced when using it... i would NEVER have upgraded the FW had i known these other FW had sooo much unstable behavior... we ask for FW 1.7 until a proper Pedal FW solution is Ready.  

That sucks to hear, sorry Grimey :(

I finally ponied up and got an X1 hub, hope the shipping is fast and can test out the Forza 6 demo soon! Would be nice if we could get some of the FOR/SPR/DPR settings added into the game. We'll have to see.
  • I sure hope so Dillon....make Dan listen to us Fanatec users. ;)
  • Still no handbrake on the Xbox One either :(
  • Hi all, I'm just stopping by to let you know that we're working on a Fanaleds fix right now. We hope to release Fanaleds 2.3e tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
  • edited September 2015
    I went Back to Driver 222 and FW... While 226/FW 1.16 feels great on the wheel im Noticing More Random behavior with FW 116 on wheel and FW 108 on Pedals... Ex: in car tuning menu the Gas or the Brake pedal May or May Not work... it happens at Randon... But if i launch a Race even though the Gas/Brake would not work in tuning Menu during a Race the Pedals seem to work.as expected... Random.

I went back to 222 wheel/Pedal FW and Have set the Brake pedal Min and Max... Hopefully this will get Rid of the Random Brake Pedal Spkes while Not Pressing the Brakes... i tested it for a Bit and Sooo Far So good.
    DAMN too bad!!

That sucks to hear, sorry Grimey :(

I finally ponied up and got an X1 hub, hope the shipping is fast and can test out the Forza 6 demo soon! Would be nice if we could get some of the FOR/SPR/DPR settings added into the game. We'll have to see.

I too have Finally ordered a XB1 Hub and hopefully it will ship out early like my pedals did....I down loaded FM6 demo but have yet to try it with the TX wheel/T500 pedals combo... Maybe i will try it Today... Thats if i can pull myself off PS4 PCars... LOL
    Hoping to meet with yall onthe Track Soon \m/
  • Hi all, I'm just stopping by to let you know that we're working on a Fanaleds fix right now. We hope to release Fanaleds 2.3e tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks for the heads-up Gerben.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    All I have to say is Wow! Forza 6 has tapped into the CSW amazingly. Tip when you start turn FF and Sho to 30 or it will tear your hands apart. Once you get into the menus after intros you can set more detailed settings. It wont remember your settings next time you load so maybe its just better to leave it as is.
    You feel tue cobblestones,rumble strips,gear shifts,tire slip. Very immersive and cant wait for the final. Great partnerine between T10 and Fanatec
  • @ Joseph ,  did you ever power down and restart the wheel while in the demo? I did and had a different FFB feel each time. Not sure if it's a result of it being a demo or if it will happen with the final version.
  • Can't switch from PC mode to Xbo Mode with this firmware.
  • @ Harald, I seem to remember a conversation about that issue in an earlier post.... If memory serves me , which it seldom does, you had to use the button box on the top of the hub....
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

@ Harald , there may have been more on the issue but you would need to do o better search ...you might ask Antoine.

Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Just see for XOne specifications Joseph...Google is your friend haha
    Anyone know what button combo to use to go from pc mode back to XOne mode with Fw 116 ? Double squares and X gives me PS3 mode and I can't seem to find the right combo.
    Okay found it. You CAN use the double squares on the three button box, but you HAVE to use X,Y and B from the top box.
    @ Joseph ,  did you ever power down and restart the wheel while in the demo? I did and had a different FFB feel each time. Not sure if it's a result of it being a demo or if it will happen with the final version.
    Just tried it and it felt the same. Only issue I had was the accel/brake not fully engaging like in PCars. After reboot all was fine.
  • It was tested here using FW 110 and the static shifter paddles worked flawless in Forza 5!? Did you have any other shifter connected at the same time? We are resolving those mode change issues with the next beta or final FW.
    @Armin Habermann

When I checked them and reported I couldn't use static shifter paddles, I connected H-shifter at shifter port 1.
    A few minutes ago I checked again without H-shifter(port 1), and static shifter worked.
    However, it seems to be recognized as stateful 7 gearbox shifter.

The meaning of "stateful 7 gearbox shifter" is that static shifter(SS) has its own gearbox state.
    With tapping SS Left sometimes, gear goes Revesre. (It seems natural)
    And then tapping SS Right, gear goes Neutral -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7.
    With tapping LB/RB buttons, gear doesn't go Neutral.
    Tapping SS Right sometimes, gear goes 7. Tapping LB buttons sometimes, gear goes 6,5,4,3,2,1,R. Next tapping SS Light once, gear is supposed not to change from R, but actually gear goes 6. This is very puzzling behavior of SS, and I thought it has its own gearbox state as if it was H-pattern shifter.

By the way, although SS has some flaw, I understood how to use it. Simply disconnect H-pattern shifter. It is adequately functional.

• @ Joseph ,  did you ever power down and restart the wheel while in the demo? I did and had a different FFB feel each time. Not sure if it's a result of it being a demo or if it will happen with the final version.
    Just tried it and it felt the same. Only issue I had was the accel/brake not fully engaging like in PCars. After reboot all was fine.
    Well, the brake/accel issue is one I have never had , with either FM5 or the demo.  I am still using FW 94 and the FW which I installed when I first got the pedals.  The only issue with FM5 was the random dropping of FFB settings after using the tuning menu.. waiting for 9/15 to see how things shake out . Still to lazy to work through Pcars . someday
    @ Joseph ,  did you ever power down and restart the wheel while in the demo? I did and had a different FFB feel each time. Not sure if it's a result of it being a demo or if it will happen with the final version.
    Well, the brake/accel issue is one I have never had , with either FM5 or the demo.  I am still using FW 94 and the FW which I installed when I first got the pedals.  The only issue with FM5 was the random dropping of FFB settings after using the tuning menu.. waiting for 9/15 to see how things shake out . Still to lazy to work through Pcars . someday
    I have FW 110 for CSW and Whatever Pedal FW was in that Package. Is 226 better or should I stick with what I have?
  • @ Joseph, I tried the first Beta and had an issue with FM5 .. so I decided to leave the Beta testing to the pros  Antoine, Grimey, and Natalie and will update the firmware again after they get through swatting all the bugs. As of now V226 is still shown as a beta on the CSW product downloads.
    @ Joseph, I tried the first Beta and had an issue with FM5 .. so I decided to leave the Beta testing to the pros  Antoine, Grimey, and Natalie and will update the firmware again after they get through swatting all the bugs. As of now V226 is still shown as a beta on the CSW product downloads.
    True, it seems like 226 is buggy in some areas.