Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Just thinking about how the FFB works. Does it make more sense to have in game FFB at 100% (to give max output of the ffb physics) and dial down the effect on the wheel base? 
    Trying to figure out combinations between wheel/game and which one is more important in the end. I guess same would go for vibration.
  • Just thinking about how the FFB works. Does it make more sense to have in game FFB at 100% (to give max output of the ffb physics) and dial down the effect on the wheel base? 
    Trying to figure out combinations between wheel/game and which one is more important in the end. I guess same would go for vibration.
    Neither is True the Game is going to put out all aspects of FFB signal at 1 or 100% just at Lower or Higher Volume.... I turn the In game FFB up until it Feels Comforable to me then i Make the Fine ajustments to FFB Strength on the wheel....Look at it like this the FFB in Game is a Pre Amp and your wheel is the Main Amp if you feed the Main Amp Too much Power from the PreAmp you get Distortion... You Have to find the Balance.

The V2 is Very Powerful and it Makes enough Power on its own by Amping up the FFB signal... Therefore you dont Need to Feed it a Heavy input signal to get a Powerful out put... I Fing that Feeding the wheel too much FFB input that you lose alot of Finer Deatail because it gets Drowened out by the Heavier Over Powering FFB Effects... FFB is FFB but its just a bunch of Strong Forces if you Lose the Finer Forces...IE: Tire Chatter/Loss of Grip and small bumps in the Road... Its all about Fidelity Balance is the Key.

Just thinking about how the FFB works. Does it make more sense to have in game FFB at 100% (to give max output of the ffb physics) and dial down the effect on the wheel base? 
    Neither is True the Game is going to put out all aspects of FFB signal at 1 or 100% just at Lower or Higher Volume.... I turn the In game FFB up until it Feels Comforable to me then i Make the Fine ajustments to FFB Strength on the wheel....Look at it like this the FFB in Game is a Pre Amp and your wheel is the Main Amp if you feed the Main Amp Too much Power from the PreAmp you get Distortion... You Have to find the Balance.

The V2 is Very Powerful and it Makes enough Power on its own by Amping up the FFB signal... Therefore you dont Need to Feed it a Heavy input signal to get a Powerful out put... I Fing that Feeding the wheel too much FFB input that you lose alot of Finer Deatail because it gets Drowened out by the Heavier Over Powering FFB Effects... FFB is FFB but its just a bunch of Strong Forces if you Lose the Finer Forces...IE: Tire Chatter/Loss of Grip and small bumps in the Road... Its all about Fidelity Balance is the Key.

Makes sense. So what are you running in Forza6 ?
  • edited September 2015
    Im Getting FM6 this afternoon when i get off work... My Hub and Forza Rim should be there also \:D/
    I will Let you know how i set it...In PS4 PCars i Run the FFB at 25 and Tire Force at 98 and the wheel is Soo Strong i use 75% on wheel FFB... Also Reducing FFB levels Keeps the wheel Operating Cooler!!! When i Had PCars in Game FFB at 85 TF 98 my wheel Did Not feel as Good and Ran 125°F - 130°F.... Now that ive found the Balance FFB 25 and TF 98 it Feels Much Better and Runs 98°F to 105°F !!! Cooler is always better!!! and the Power of the Wheel Seems the Same.
  • Hey Guys are any of you loosing your setups in PCars? For some reason even if I make a change in the pit it doesn't save and goes back to default.

P.S Forza 6 FFB is pretty amazing with feeling gear shifts,rumblestrips,etc. Which setting in PCars is directly related to translating gear shifts, if it actually does support it?
    Set-up saving issues are known. I read recently that it seems to be caused by the fact that only 32 custom car set-up saves (any car, any track) are possible. If you go over this number, it won't save anymore.

As for gear shift FFB, pCARS does not have that anymore as all canned FFB effects were removed. Hopefully we'll get options for all canned effects back at some stage, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.
    So I guess the best thing would be to create a save for 1 track at a time instead of "ALL". Sad to hear that FFB effects were removed. I love that Forza supports it as it gives you a more immersive feel.
    Joseph...go and drive on a track with a couple a high speed elevation levels and sharp turns...like Zolder...you'll feel that FM is missing out on much much more ffb feel than PCars!!
    I've got wheel FFB at 'auto' , in game vib at 75 and in game FFB at 60...And it feels great to me!!
    Hey Guys are any of you loosing your setups in PCars? For some reason even if I make a change in the pit it doesn't save and goes back to default.

P.S Forza 6 FFB is pretty amazing with feeling gear shifts,rumblestrips,etc. Which setting in PCars is directly related to translating gear shifts, if it actually does support it?
    Set-up saving issues are known. I read recently that it seems to be caused by the fact that only 32 custom car set-up saves (any car, any track) are possible. If you go over this number, it won't save anymore.

As for gear shift FFB, pCARS does not have that anymore as all canned FFB effects were removed. Hopefully we'll get options for all canned effects back at some stage, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.
    So I guess the best thing would be to create a save for 1 track at a time instead of "ALL". Sad to hear that FFB effects were removed. I love that Forza supports it as it gives you a more immersive feel.
    Joseph...go and drive on a track with a couple a high speed elevation levels and sharp turns...like Zolder...you'll feel that FM is missing out on much much more ffb feel than PCars!!
    I've got wheel FFB at 'auto' , in game vib at 75 and in game FFB at 60...And it feels great to me!!
    The only problem with Auto in Forza is that it cuts out Gear shift feedback and other details like puddles. As soon as I turn it down to 80 I feel everything.
    Still messing with it as we speak. It would be great to have all of us running a practice session while tweaking.
    Here are my Forza 6 settings, if anyone feels like trying them. I still have a few tweaks to work on so I can feel more of the gear shifts. The only issue is when I increase the CSW FFB Gear shifts are great but I get too much wheel weight.

CSW V2

Sen - 720
    FF - 36
    Sho - 100
    Abs - 100
    Lin/Dea/Dri - OFF

Forza 6 
    Deadzones - 0
    Sensitivity - 100
    Vibration - 45
    FFB - 75
    Wheel Rotation - 720
  • If you add more vibration, the auto function won't cut anything...it's just the output that's felt the least...minor vibs...that's why you don't feel them when set at only 45
    The Vibration didn't actually affect anything in game. I tried off and 100. The gear shifts,puddles,etc is coming from the FFB. Vibration seems to only register with rpm and maybe abs.
  • Ohw ? Strange...so if I don't want the heavy fighting the wheel feel I also get less vibs??? I knew I should've sticker with PCars on PS4 hahahaha LMAO.
    I've been messing all morning with TWO sliders ! PCars has a 1000 and I was able to get it dialed in. LOL
    @Antoine or whoever has Forza 6 shut your Sho off completely in wheel. Doesnt make any difference. Seems like everything is in the FFB slider. Maybe its only for controllers?
  • Well you'd found the FM.net ffb explanation...I guess all is said in there.

Did you get the shift point feel dialed in yeah???
    I exchanged a few messages back and forth with the gameplay engineer. He is recommending leaving FFB in game at 100 and on wheel at 20. Here are my current settings with that little tweak.

CSW V2

Sen - 720
    FF - 24
    Sho - 100
    Abs - 100
    Lin/Dea - OFF
    Dri - 1

Forza 6 
    Deadzones - 0
    Sensitivity - 100
    Vibration - 60
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 720
  • The XB1 Hub and Forza Rim Gets a "G" for Great!!! Good Qualiy Build the Leather and Stitching is Fine Quality!!!

FM6 Gets a "T" for Trash!!! There is No Rod Feel at All!!! All Roads Feel as if im Driving on Glass... Forza Has Went Full Bloen Arcade!!! WTF??? i Cany even Drive it because you Cant tell What the Car is Doing... The only Feeling you get is the Tire Chatter and by then its Too Late... The Drivertars are just Pure Rubbish i would Rather just Race against some Good AI... The AI in PCars is Much Better and actually Make you Drive Hard to Stay ahead or Catch them...FM6 Drivertar/AI are a Bunch of Crash Dummies!!!

Compaired to PCars Foza Has No Feel at all...FM6 Feels Like Grid full Arcade... I Did like Grid though.

I Havent Tried PCars for XB1 yet... I Havent even opened it... Thinking about Getting Forza Horrizon... I will Try the demo when i get off work if its Good FM6 Gotta Pay Rent to stay in my House or its Gone by the weekend!!! We gotta set up some Races Quick i may change my Mind... also i sooo Hate the Car Upgrades!!! I dont wanna Race against a VW Beetle thats Faster than a LMP1 Car...SMH...

The Hub is Great though... Looking Forward to Playing Dirt, Grid Etc on XB1.... IMO XB1 has Dropped the Ball with this Gen Console.
  • Forza AI worst than pCars AI ??? I wasn't thinking it was possible to do worst than pCars AI. Restarting a race 50 times in order to have a clean start and not ten of sixteen cars crashing in the first turn is not what I call a good AI. :S

But nice to know that the rim is nice :)
  • Forza AI worst than pCars AI ??? I wasn't thinking it was possible to do worst than pCars AI. Restarting a race 50 times in order to have a clean start and not ten of sixteen cars crashing in the first turn is not what I call a good AI. :S

But nice to know that the rim is nice :)

Since update 3.0 on PS4 the AI is Spot on and Very Challenging... The Best AI i Have Raced to Date...They Defend their Line and they will Bump and Grind a Bit but very Stratigicaly... they will Bump and Cut Curbs to take or keep a Spot... Its Much Much Better than Forza Drivatars...a Bunch of Crash Dummies!!! If the Drivatar Truely Represents how some of yall Drive... Fugeddaboudit... i dont wanna Race Wit ya No mo [-X LOL... Its Horrible
  • 226 states CSP v3's support the e-brake now but it still won't work on my v3's connected both to wheel or directly to pc
    Ok so I got this to almost 95% satisfaction. Here are my latest settings. Good road feedback (for what F6 provides), gear shifts, vibration, control.

CSW V2

Sen - 900
    FF - 22
    Sho - 20
    Abs - 100
    Lin/Dea/Dri - OFF
    Brf - 40

Forza 6 
    Deadzones - 0
    Sensitivity - 100
    Vibration - 100
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900
  • Anyone have any settings for a CSW v1 and FM6 with the XBO Hub on the Xbox One?

I've tried various settings listed here and they feel very weak, especially in the center... and notchy outside of the ~30 degree mark.  FM6 actually feels a little more realistic in "Normal" mode vs. "Simulation"

The same hub feels great on a PC playing Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and other titles.

I am on the latest firmware.
    Anyone have any settings for a CSW v1 and FM6 with the XBO Hub on the Xbox One?

I've tried various settings listed here and they feel very weak, especially in the center... and notchy outside of the ~30 degree mark.  FM6 actually feels a little more realistic in "Normal" mode vs. "Simulation"

The same hub feels great on a PC playing Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and other titles.

I am on the latest firmware.
    Hey Reynaldo,

Try the settings in the post just before. Forza unfortunately has quite a big deadzone in the center. If you want more force just increase your wheel FFB a little higher but I would suggest staying under 40 to protect your wheel base.
  • I have the problem that the steering is calibration but the steer is not in the middle and flashing cal. So i know i have to do the thing From the manual so doen anybody know how i do this whit the xbox one hub is me onkyo steer
  • first , enter the tuning menu on the wheel by pressing the little black button on the top button box.... then press the = & A buttons at the same time when the wheel is centered.....  page 23 of the hub manual for the Xbox hub... download it from the product page , it comes in handy  
  • Reynaldo LayReynaldo Lay Member
    edited September 2015
    Try the settings in the post just before. Forza unfortunately has quite a big deadzone in the center. If you want more force just increase your wheel FFB a little higher but I would suggest staying under 40 to protect your wheel base.
    Yeah, I tried that setting as well as a bunch of others....with pretty much the same result.    I might bring the XBO and the Xbox Wheel Hub down to my CSW v2 rig (downstairs and mounted on a racing cockpit) to see if it is much different.   Do you know if the dead zone is just as bad on a v2 vs. a v1?    The v1 is my son's setup with a great 100 inch projector and the game looks great, but it feels terrible with a wheel.   He's doing better on FM6 with the Xbox controller than with all the Fanatec gear we have.
  • Ray and Joseph,  I 've found that the right combo of  SEN-FF-LIN  can almost eliminate that issue   try 360-50-10  as a start
  • Reynaldo LayReynaldo Lay Member
    edited September 2015
    Ray and Joseph,  I 've found that the right combo of  SEN-FF-LIN  can almost eliminate that issue   try 360-50-10  as a start
    This was helpful.  There is still a slight dead zone, but it is not as bad as it was before bringing down the sensitivity.   I went for 300-100-20 for SEN-FF-LIN and added DRI +3....to reduce it and get a bit more road feel.

In FM6: Vibration - 70, FFB - 80, Wheel Rotation - 300

Still not as good as a PC simulation title, but much improved and playable now with the Fanatec gear.  I can get a sense of the grip levels now and can feel bumps in the road.   Thank you!

I wonder what settings Microsoft used in their E3 booth?