Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• edited September 2015
    LOL... I fidnt evem Know the Button caps Come Off!!! LMAO... any way its already Done and to Change the wires and such its still the Same Process of opening the Hub and Stuff... I Have the Buttons Layed out more instictively like the XBox Controller Now IE: A Bottom, B above the a Button ETC... Iwas Going to take the other Button Boxes off they are Uselss and just taking up Space...

Edit: Dont Mind the Brandy... Im in Tweekers Paradise!!! Took the day off work to be Home alone and Tweek Tweek Tweek... LOL
    Edit: you Know im Tweeking away I even got the infrared thermometer right by the wheel!!! LOL... Wheel Temp Range is 95°F to 105° F with this Tweek with No AC in the Room... Room temp is about 80°F.... Low Humidity today... Thats a Good thing!!! Runs about the same Temp on PS4 also and When Has Pleanty Power XB1 & PS4 and Much More Power to Give Running in Game FFB at 25!!! Set wheel at 100FFB and Do 10 Laps!!! I bet you will turn it back to 75 or Auto FFB =D>
  • Antoine Have you Tried my Settings i posted for XB1 PCars??? They are Really Good Even Better/Smooother on XB1 with the Auto FFB Feature!!! I didnt Realize that the Global For XB1 was Different than PS4 Global Settings Try them again at 75 then 100 ans Last Auto FFB on wheel FFB .... the In Car FFB are really Good to But can be adjusted to taste... Im Proud of this Tweek i think its Really Good... Try them Let me Know what you think.
  • Grimey Dog, I just got my CSW V2 base with Xbox Hub and Forza wheel.  I have not bought Forza yet, but I do have PCars for PS4.  Can you direct me to your settings for PCars on the PS4, wheel and game?  

Thanks
  • Jeff, look more up on THIS page, Grimey posted his settings above.

@ Grimey, I will try them a little later these coming days...have very busy scedual...atm. BUT I think my verdict will be the same. Too heavy wheel feel and almost no feel in understeer.
  • 226 states CSP v3's support the e-brake now but it still won't work on my v3's connected both to wheel or directly to pc
    Working fine on my side. What firmware are your CSP v3s on now?
    Remco, now that I think of it....could there be a difference in using the V3 pedals directly plugged into pc and working via plugged into the V2 base....since you don't experience any problems !!!
  • WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW have you read this well in Natalies patch 4.0 post Grimey !!!

- "added support for CSP connected via USB " is that on PS4 only Remco ?

Cause I can't seem to find the PS4 release notes...only general

Lets hope with this move that the V3 pedal issues are wiped of the table !!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Antoine Have you Tried my Settings i posted for XB1 PCars??? They are Really Good Even Better/Smooother on XB1 with the Auto FFB Feature!!! I didnt Realize that the Global For XB1 was Different than PS4 Global Settings Try them again at 75 then 100 ans Last Auto FFB on wheel FFB .... the In Car FFB are really Good to But can be adjusted to taste... Im Proud of this Tweek i think its Really Good... Try them Let me Know what you think.
    So I plugged your settings in exactly. I find that the wheel oscillates quite a bit down the straights and vibration is a bit strong. Which settings would be best to reduce? Global in car setting, MZ scale or SoP master? I wonder if it is because I'm on FW 110.
  • WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW have you read this well in Natalies patch 4.0 post Grimey !!!

- "added support for CSP connected via USB " is that on PS4 only Remco ?

Cause I can't seem to find the PS4 release notes...only general

Lets hope with this move that the V3 pedal issues are wiped of the table !!
    Yes that's for PS4 only. Of course on PC it was already like that ;)

It only works if you're using a Fanatec wheel, though.
  • Jeff, look more up on THIS page, Grimey posted his settings above.

@ Grimey, I will try them a little later these coming days...have very busy scedual...atm. BUT I think my verdict will be the same. Too heavy wheel feel and almost no feel in understeer.
    Thanks, I knew I read them before, but didn't know what post on this Blog they were on.  It would be really nice if they made an actual forum on this site.....

• OK, I just got a CSW V2 and Xbox Hub and am playing PCars on PS4.  I've used Grimey Dog settings and have played practice  laps, and done the solo weekend racer thing, and started a career.  I don't know if this is a Fanatec issue or a PCars issue.....but I will run a race in either solo or career, then go to the next race, and ALL FFB is gone.  Without changing any settings, it just disappears.  I can then go back to the menu and pick another section of the game to race in, and it works fine.

I have not seen this mentioned before.  Is this a known issue?  Is it game or hardware related?

Thanks
  • When you race a new track you know you have to put the in car FFB in For every new track... Unless you did save all... other than that id dunno... have you restarted the PS4???
  • ClubSport Wheel detected
    Device connected
    Default Hex file loading failed
     Windows 10 Tried loading a hex file manually no joy
  • Grimey, you got the 4.0 update yet ? Cause I'm dying to hear if the direct usb connection of the V3s solve the peak issues
    So Grimey this is what is happening with your settings plugged in. When I go back to mine it's fine. I like the feel of yours but can't figure out what setting is causing this.

• edited September 2015
    Thats PCars Right??? I Duuno Why the Fomula A Cars have that Oscillation... I only Get it with the Formula A Cars for the Most part... i think i May have to Tweek the Suspension on those Cars...im Not a Huge Formula A Car Driver but try Turning Down the Steering angle... Those Cars Have Very Sensitive Sharp Steering and with the V2 being so Sensitive to Steering input any Steering input Signal the wheel gets will comes out in the wheel....Turn down the Steering angle on the Car all the way down and see what happens...

Ive driven Fomula Rookie to Formula B and they seem Fine... They could use a Little Suspension Tweek but i think its the Steering angle too High that cause the Oscillation...
    Thats PCars Right??? I Duuno Why the Fomula A Cars have that Oscillation... I only Get it with the Formula A Cars for the Most part... i think i May have to Tweek the Suspension on those Cars...im Not a Huge Formula A Car Driver but try Turning Fown the Steering angle... Those Cars Have Very Sensitive Sharp Steering and with the V2 being so Sensitive to Steering input it any Steering input Signal the wheel gets it comes out in he wheel....Turn down the Steering angle on the Car all the way down and see what happens...

Ive driven Fomula Rookie to Formula B and they seem Fine... They could use a Little Suspension Tweek but i think its the Steering angle too High that cause the Oscillation...
    I think you are right. I have been turning it down slowly and it is getting better and it is only happening with the Formula A

• Tweek Tweek Tweek... LOL... Im Finally at the point where im Racing PCars and Not Tweeking the FFB Settings... LOL... Since Launch ive Done Nnothing But Tweek Tweek Tweek... only since update 3.0 am i doing More Racing than Tweeking. Im Really Loving PCars Now.

What Console is that PS4 or XB1???
    Thats PCars Right??? I

Duuno Why the Fomula A Cars have that Oscillation... I only Get it with the Formula A Cars for the Most part... i think i May have to Tweek the Suspension on those Cars...im Not a Huge Formula A Car Driver but try Turning Fown the Steering angle... Those Cars Have Very Sensitive Sharp Steering and with the V2 being so Sensitive to Steering input it any Steering input Signal the wheel gets it comes out in he wheel....Turn down the Steering angle on the Car all the way down and see what happens...

I think you are right. I have been turning it down slowly and it is getting better and it is only happening with the Formula A
  • Grimey, you got the 4.0 update yet ? Cause I'm dying to hear if the direct usb connection of the V3s solve the peak issues</blockquote

No update for me yet... I Checked early this Morning but Nothing yet... i will check again Shortly. Did you get it yet??? My friends in te UK got it.

• Grimey...I'm Kain NL, the one who told you that we live in the future...was downloading it on PS4 when I left Yesterday...racin with you and drift Tony
  • I Know that your Tag... LOL
    .. I forgot that you said it was down loading... Nothing here yet... I even Reset my internet to make sure there was No problems Stopping it from coming through.... How is 4.0???
  • edited September 2015
    Was out all day...that's why I asked you mate. Gonna give it a try after couple a hours sleep.. ;)
    @Grimey. Xbox One and I'm "transfix" on Xbox in case you were wondering who was sending you that random message lol
  • Anyone know what this means. 3 lights on start button not rond anymore
  • edited September 2015
    That one light is broke perhaps ?
  • Thats PCars Right??? I Duuno Why the Fomula A Cars have that Oscillation... I only Get it with the Formula A Cars for the Most part... i think i May have to Tweek the Suspension on those Cars...im Not a Huge Formula A Car Driver but try Turning Fown the Steering angle... Those Cars Have Very Sensitive Sharp Steering and with the V2 being so Sensitive to Steering input it any Steering input Signal the wheel gets it comes out in he wheel....Turn down the Steering angle on the Car all the way down and see what happens...

I have oscillations with all cars whatever settings I use. These oscillations are a pCars "simulation" exclusive. In AC, rFactor2, GT5 or GT6 no silly FFB.
  • some funny things happen with win10 insider previews........lost the leds on wheel and just a reinstall of drivers didnt help so removed all Fantech and did a clean install and LED's are now working again....

also slight problem with pedals...sometimes especially from sleep mode they wont work......if you unplug the USB cable and put back in the PC they usually work

• also slight problem with pedals...sometimes especially from sleep mode they wont work......if you unplug the USB cable and put back in the PC they usually work
    I may be wrong, but that sounds more like a PC issue than a pedals issue.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited September 2015
    Sort of on topic. Windows 10 required a lot of drivers to be updated. I had to update usb drivers, audio/graphics card drivers and photo editing drivers. The update instructions with windows 10 advised updating all drivers both before and after updating from W7 or 8/8.1. Also, when I use my laptop for flashing, one of the usb ports did not recognize the firmware or attached hardware. So make sure you "check for updates" in you windows OS, and also use the same port each time when connecting to usb. You might also have to un-install a driver and re-install to get it installed cleanly. 
  • Is anyone racing with firmware 226 and if so how is it. I am still using the firmware 205 because when i last updated the firmware to 223 i lost my h pattern shifters ability to shift on gt 3 cars as it would mis shift. so i reinstalled 205 and it works fine. I am wondering whats the experience on version 226?
  • edited September 2015
    Is anyone racing with firmware 226 and if so how is it. I am still using the firmware 205 because when i last updated the firmware to 223 i lost my h pattern shifters ability to shift on gt 3 cars as it would mis shift. so i reinstalled 205 and it works fine. I am wondering whats the experience on version 226?
    Are you talking about firmware or driver (I assume driver)? What game(s) are you talking about? What wheel are you using? I assume that you calibrated the shifter and that you tried re-calibrating the shifter to see if it solved the problem, and that you re-assigned the shifter in-game as well? The problem that you describe sounds very much like a (lack of) shifter calibration issue.